PDA

View Full Version : Prince Harry’s Mental Problem: Murdering Afghans is Like a Video Game

Agorism
01-23-2013, 06:09 PM
Prince Harry’s Mental Problem: Murdering Afghans is Like a Video Game

http://www.infowars.com/prince-harrys-mental-problem-murdering-afghans-is-like-a-video-game/

http://static.infowars.com/2013/01/i/general/xbox2.jpg

After frolicking naked with a nude nubile in Las Vegas, Captain Harry Wales was sent to Afghanistan to co-pilot an Apache attack helicopter and fight the CIA-created opposition, the Taliban.
The dashing young grandson of the aging monarch Queen Elizabeth and the second son of heir-to-the-throne Prince Charles has since compared killing Afghan insurgents to playing video games.
Taking out officially designated enemies with Hellfire missiles is a “joy for me because I’m one of those people who loves playing PlayStation and Xbox,” Harry told the BBC. “So with my thumbs I like to think I’m probably quite useful.”
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid told The Telegraph Harry is a “coward” for comparing his military escapades to playing a video game. “To describe the war in Afghanistan as a game demeans anyone – especially a prince, who is supposed to be made of better things,” he said.
“It shows the lack of understanding, of knowledge. It shows they are unfamiliar with the situation and shows why they are losing.”
“It’s not a game. It’s very, very real.”
“But we don’t take his comments very seriously, as we have all seen and heard that many foreign soldiers, occupiers who come to Afghanistan, develop some kind of mental problems on their way out,” Mujahid said.
Following his departure from the war zone, the BBC ran a documentary on Prince Harry’s “tour of duty” in Afghanistan.
The propaganda piece will provide more pro-war fodder for a weary British people who have suffered centuries of dynastic wars waged by kings claiming the divine right to slaughter and pillage.

Aratus
01-23-2013, 06:40 PM
war in the age of knighthood was often confrontationally where one easily could see the "whites of their eyes"

the older rules of war were established by the confrontation between richard the lion heart and saladin long ago.

Spikender
01-23-2013, 06:43 PM
Wow, I don't know what to say. His condescending words comparing the taking of real lives to a video game pretty much speak for themselves.

Aratus
01-23-2013, 06:45 PM
his father, prince charles actually has an erudite thoroughness akin to an oxford don on england's history since william the conquerer

MelissaWV
01-23-2013, 06:55 PM
Wow, I don't know what to say. His condescending words comparing the taking of real lives to a video game pretty much speak for themselves.

Mostly he was talking about the actual triggers and mechanisms being similar. He's correct.

I think people are just shocked that someone who's been training for quite some time to go and kill people... might actually kill people.

american.swan
01-23-2013, 07:01 PM
All murder is like a video game today. The problem is finding murder somehow acceptable.

Spikender
01-23-2013, 07:06 PM
Mostly he was talking about the actual triggers and mechanisms being similar. He's correct.

I think people are just shocked that someone who's been training for quite some time to go and kill people... might actually kill people.

On the first point, you're right. He is just comparing mechanisms, but why would he say that in the first place? That comparison alone degrades the killing of people into some kind of video game form, which is detestable. You'd think someone with as big a media presence as Harry would think about his words before he speaks them.

Agorism
01-23-2013, 07:08 PM
French Soldier Wearing Skeleton Mask In Mali Sparks Controversy (PHOTO)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/22/french-soldier-skeleton-mask_n_2526510.html
http://gulfnews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1135553!/image/2961744473.jpg_gen/derivatives/box_475/2961744473.jpg

The image has been shared countless times on Twitter and even drew a response from high up in the French army.

On Jan. 20, photographer Issouf Sanogo snapped a hallucinant photo of a French soldier in Niono, Mali, wearing goggles and a black mask depicting a grinning skeleton -- an image that reminded many of Ghost, a character from the video game "Call of Duty," AFP notes.

French military commanders reacted furiously to the photo. According to RTL, army spokesman Col. Thierry Burkhard called the soldier's behavior "unacceptable" and stressed that the image was "not representative of France’s action in Mali."

SlateAfrique reported that the French military had opened an investigation into the incident and was determined to discover the identity of the soldier.

Yet in a blog post for AFP, Issouf Sanogo said he was surprised by the media storm. Recounting the events of that day in Niono, the photographer reveals that his shot may be not nearly as shocking as initially thought.

Sanogo writes:

I found myself alongside French troops stationed on some wasteland near the Niono prefecture. A helicopter was coming in to land and churning up tremendous dust clouds. Instinctively, all the soldiers grabbed their scarfs to avoid getting a mouthful of sand. It was evening, and rays of sunlight were pushing through the trees and into the dust clouds. It was a lovely light. I spotted this soldier wearing a strange scarf and took the photo. At the time, nothing about the scene seemed especially unusual or shocking. The soldier wasn’t posing and there was nothing staged about the image. He was just standing there, protecting his face from the dust, waiting for the chopper to land. No one tried to stop me shooting the picture.
France has been battling Islamist fighters in Mali for over a week, pounding rebel strongholds with air strikes and ground troops. The Associated Press reported on Tuesday that French and Malian forces had pushed fighters back in the strategic town of Douentza after recapturing the city of Diabaly.

France has 2,150 troops in Mali, a number that may rise to 2,500. African troops are expected to take over from the French, with 1,000 soldiers from Nigeria, Togo, Benin, Niger, and Chad currently participating in the intervention. The mission has also received support from Western allies in the form of transport equipment and training operations.

Human Rights Watch said on Saturday that it has received reports of serious abuses by the Malian army against Tuaregs and Arabs in Niono. "We urge the Malian authorities, as well as the French and (West African) soldiers/authorities to do their utmost to ensure the protection of all civilians," the group said, according to Reuters.

ALSO ON HUFFPOST:

http://www.gamaroom.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-wallpaper-ghost%20face.jpg

http://callofdutyfilms.webs.com/ghost_1258336529.jpg

It appears to be all a video game..

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/952431/thumbs/o-MALI-FRENCH-SOLDIER-MASK-570.jpg?11

fr33
01-23-2013, 07:50 PM
I think people are just shocked that someone who's been training for quite some time to go and kill people... might actually kill people.That and part of it might be the image of a "prince" with a license to kill the mundanes so casually (judging by the way he speaks).

james1844
01-23-2013, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE=Agorism;4833881]Prince Harry’s Mental Problem: Murdering Afghans is Like a Video Game

I think that Infowars, as well as a lot of posters on this board, don't really understand the situation in Afghanistan. Taliban fighters are legitimate combatants and have been engaged in the killing, abduction and in some cases mutilation of our military personnel there. Their militant organization is also allied with AlQaida. This makes them 100% legitimate targets.

Having spent some time in Afghanistan, I feel that the Taliban are a malignant organization. I've read too many press stories in the local Afghan media about Taliban fighters decapitating, murdering, threatening and harrassing local people. I've also had many of my friends threatened by then, beaten by them, had their property stolen by them. I've also had places where I shopped and ate attacked and blown up by that organization.

So, yeah. Taliban fighters are a legitimate target. I hope Price Harry kills a lot more if he gets the chance.

LibForestPaul
01-23-2013, 07:58 PM
Nah, its the hero image and man in brave image that people are upset with. Hard to consider people pushing a joystick and clicking buttons in a comfy chairs "heroes". And if they aren't heroes, who the hell are "we" supporting.

The warrior hero needs to be some 19 year old marine carrying back his comrade who has been shot in the leg after firing his 50 cal at an apartment full of evil doers.

fr33
01-23-2013, 08:01 PM
I think that Infowars, as well as a lot of posters on this board, don't really understand the situation in Afghanistan. Taliban fighters are legitimate combatants and have been engaged in the killing, abduction and in some cases mutilation of our military personnel there. Their militant organization is also allied with AlQaida. This makes them 100% legitimate targets.

Having spent some time in Afghanistan, I feel that the Taliban are a malignant organization. I've read too many press stories in the local Afghan media about Taliban fighters decapitating, murdering, threatening and harrassing local people. I've also had many of my friends threatened by then, beaten by them, had their property stolen by them. I've also had places where I shopped and ate attacked and blown up by that organization.

So, yeah. Taliban fighters are a legitimate target. I hope Price Harry kills a lot more if he gets the chance.In the words of Muhammad Ali; "I ain't got no quarrel with the taliban. No taliban ever called me ******!"

Agorism
01-24-2013, 01:39 PM
bump

Pericles
01-24-2013, 01:52 PM
In the words of Muhammad Ali; "I ain't got no quarrel with the taliban. No taliban ever called me ******!"

Be that as it may, it bothers me not when bad things happen to bad people, which the Taliban are.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-24-2013, 02:37 PM
What? People are more offended by him comparing war to a video game than actually killing people? People these days.

S.Shorland
01-24-2013, 03:07 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EpNxZLCPpXY/TfpicxX9PMI/AAAAAAAANLc/R7oFbivFZts/s400/prince%2Bharry%2Bjames%2Bhewitt.jpg

alucard13mmfmj
01-24-2013, 03:13 PM
[QUOTE=Agorism;4833881]Prince Harry’s Mental Problem: Murdering Afghans is Like a Video Game

So, yeah. Taliban fighters are a legitimate target. I hope Price Harry kills a lot more if he gets the chance.

Taliban does not want to hurt USA on US soil, only hurt USA on their soil... Al Qaeda wants to hurt USA everywhere. I think that is the big difference.

It is not our business or capability to stop Taliban. We can't be there forever. Once we leave, Taliban comes back. People who worked with the west (forced or volunteer) will probably get killed. Afghan army/police certainly wont be able to hold Taliban back by themselves.

awake
01-24-2013, 03:50 PM
When mass shooters say the same they are looked at like monsters. When a "Prince" says it he's a leader in the making.

NewRightLibertarian
01-24-2013, 04:56 PM

Quit parroting war propaganda. And nobody gives a shit if you supposedly 'spent some time in Afghanistan' either.

Slutter McGee
01-24-2013, 07:02 PM
Quit parroting war propaganda. And nobody gives a shit if you supposedly 'spent some time in Afghanistan' either.

Yeah, How Dare he disagree with you or me. There is no room for debate. What a fucking loser this james is, giving his opinion on an open forum.

Seriously, I probably disagree a bit also, but I think that the fact he has spent time in Afghanistan is exactly what matters and frankly why I give more credence to his opinion.

Really people. Learn how to handle people that disagree with you.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

liveandletlive
01-24-2013, 07:20 PM
[QUOTE=james1844;4834070]

Taliban does not want to hurt USA on US soil, only hurt USA on their soil... Al Qaeda wants to hurt USA everywhere. I think that is the big difference.

It is not our business or capability to stop Taliban. We can't be there forever. Once we leave, Taliban comes back. People who worked with the west (forced or volunteer) will probably get killed. Afghan army/police certainly wont be able to hold Taliban back by themselves.

thats the problem with "one size fits all" forced democracy.

Americans have no idea of the Afghan culture, their ethnic and tribal loyalities - nor do they give a fuck.

Yes, our troops have done some good things, but the bad outweighs the good sadly. The Afghan military can barely defend themselves.

We are stuck there forever.

NewRightLibertarian
01-24-2013, 07:30 PM
Yeah, How Dare he disagree with you or me. There is no room for debate. What a fucking loser this james is, giving his opinion on an open forum.

Seriously, I probably disagree a bit also, but I think that the fact he has spent time in Afghanistan is exactly what matters and frankly why I give more credence to his opinion.

Really people. Learn how to handle people that disagree with you.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

When the opposite opinion is idiotic bile that justifies mass death and reinforces mindless state propaganda, it deserves zero respect.