PDA

View Full Version : Rand is right

Tax the Fed
01-23-2013, 05:33 PM
Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky is exactly 100% right about the Secretary of State being relieved of his/her
duties when they had never even seen the cables from an Ambassador and his staff about a request for more security.

OK I get it - someone dropped the ball - but Madame Secretary Clinton takes full responsibility -
so she should be relieved by any President.

Take the fumbler out of the game - oh, she took herself out . . . thank goodness.

Tax the Fed
01-23-2013, 05:42 PM
I wonder why MSNBC - which showed Rand's side of the statement -
never even aired her reply at all.

Didn't she look good enough today to hear her reply ?

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/hilary001.jpg

paulbot24
01-23-2013, 05:45 PM
I think we just witnessed the death of her 2016 Presidential aspirations.

Tax the Fed
01-23-2013, 05:51 PM

I agree totally . . . and said that to the retired fellow who I watched MSNBC with while visiting last hour.

He says how this locks her as the POTUS nominee - her great performance (ahem) -
I said Biden would be more electable.

And MSNBC is saying how good she looked today - (ahem) she looks old and sickly imho,
and is why I hijacked the photo from the other thread (thanks Captain America)

I knew I had to go online with this - what an ugly green dress - she sure doesn't look very presidential!

rpfocus
01-23-2013, 05:57 PM

Perhaps, but I think you underestimate her popularity. If she decides to run, with the exception of a Christie/Rubio ticket, there is no challenger that will beat her. 2016 is hers with a bow on it if she runs. However, I have a feeling she wont run simply due to age.

Aratus
01-23-2013, 05:59 PM
is joe biden being subbed in 2016 for ms. hillary after we ride out the blackwater/xe fiasco aspects around this all?

Aratus
01-23-2013, 06:01 PM
is there to be a biden/clinton ticket if mr. richard cheney
reduced the degree of political eunuch~ness veeps have?

Aratus
01-23-2013, 06:02 PM
i hope dr. rand does a potus run
before he is eighty~something...!

rpfocus
01-23-2013, 06:02 PM
If Joe Biden runs, Dems lose against Christie. Biden is the Romney of 2016.

cajuncocoa
01-23-2013, 06:14 PM
I think we just witnessed the death of her 2016 Presidential aspirations.Oh, I wish you would be right about that. Unfortunately, Democrats (not unlike Republicans) circle the wagons around their own....and Dem voters are not always the brightest bulbs in the pack.

Aratus
01-23-2013, 06:20 PM
james michael curley inspired edwin o'conners novel, THE LAST HURRAH

tammany hall was a fixture in NY city + state politics. the party of FDR

never did a complete total purge on their machine politician hacks at all

Tax the Fed
01-23-2013, 06:37 PM
If Hilary did run, whatever her popularity may or may not be underestimated as -
this begins the crushing process imho.

Imagine if she did, got the nomination and was pitted against Rand in 2016.

This exchange today - in the ugly green dress - vs. Rand . . .
I can wait till the next presidential debates. (well not really).

I just don't think Dims are dumb enough to nominate the old hag though.

I am serious about the substantive part of this -

1. they asked for more security . . . i.e. the local foreign post recognizes a threat level.
2. a cable or cables are received for that request for more security by the State Department
3. no one wants to acknowledge where the buck stopped after our guys die in an event coincidentally on 9.11 - jus' a coincidence you know.
4. Hilary says it is all on her watch. But Rand points out in this senatorial forum, she did not even know of this -
or any other other security increase requests I'll guess for that matter as well ? . . . huh
what the effing is going on over at State Madame Secretary ?

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/hilary002.jpg

So I say . . . as of today
we photoshop Rand's name on this photo.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/jetsgame2011.jpg

I work tonight so I can't get to it till this weekend guys.

rpfocus
01-23-2013, 07:15 PM
So I say . . . as of today
we photoshop Rand's name on this photo.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/jetsgame2011.jpg

LOL good luck your photoshop but Rand's not getting my vote. He's no Ron, not to mention the GOP lost me forever with the dirty tricks they pulled on Paul supporters during the primaries, and Rand is staunch GOP. I'll be voting Lib in 2016. Or writing in Ron again if Johnson runs.

Tax the Fed
01-23-2013, 07:17 PM
Clinton: 'What difference at this point does it make?'

http://news.yahoo.com/video/clinton-difference-point-does-161844914.html

That look she makes at about 15 secs in this clip . . . lots of unbecoming footage of Hilary today no doubt.

But really, Rand is right.
It is unexcusable and no Hilary, it really is not all just a moot point.

All very un-presidential stuff from Madame Secretary . . .
her very un-becoming last hurrah in public life as I see it

kathy88
01-23-2013, 07:26 PM
I think we just witnessed the death of her 2016 Presidential aspirations.Not. This has vaulted her to rock star status with Libs. A woman victim.

Tax the Fed
01-23-2013, 07:32 PM
. . . This has vaulted her to rock star status with Libs. A woman victim.

Not.

Awh, no more chances to grill Hilary again . . . ever. R.I.P.

Joe Biden will be the Dim nominee in 2016 anyway . . . certain of that.

Tax the Fed
01-23-2013, 07:38 PM
. . . Rand's not getting my vote. He's no Ron, not to mention the GOP lost me forever
with the dirty tricks they pulled on Paul supporters during the primaries, and Rand is staunch GOP.
I'll be voting Lib in 2016. Or writing in Ron again if Johnson runs.

Well Rand didn't have anything to do with the bs pulled on us all during the primaries and caucuses - think Iowa and Nevada caucuses the most.

Certainly if Rand got the party nomination we'd all have to look at this closely.

Hmmm . . . a genius Dad as Secretary of State . . .

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/fpfronpaul.jpg

Wolfgang Bohringer
01-23-2013, 07:42 PM
LOL good luck your photoshop but Rand's not getting my vote. He's no Ron, not to mention the GOP lost me forever with the dirty tricks they pulled on Paul supporters during the primaries, and Rand is staunch GOP. I'll be voting Lib in 2016. Or writing in Ron again if Johnson runs.

Here's how I replied to an email from Carl--Ron's former Nevada campaign guy--requesting that I show up at tonights's county republican meeting to keep my central committee voting rights intact. Carl tagged a link to Rand's cross-examination of Hillary to the end of the email:

Carl,

Can you imagine if it was Ron asking the questions? If Ron was asking the questions, do you think he'd be criticizing her for not sending in enough mercenaries to guard their most recently conquered possession?

If Judge Nap doesn't challenge Rand for the nomination, the soul of the Ron Paul revolution will have nobody to vote for. Its as simple as that.

Wolfgang

AuH20
01-23-2013, 07:45 PM

You're entitled to your vote and opinion. I wouldn't have it any other way.

HOLLYWOOD
01-23-2013, 07:47 PM
YES, the Money Masters already have the Public Relations Firms aka Corporate Media pushing Clown #2.
is joe biden being subbed in 2016 for ms. hillary after we ride out the blackwater/xe fiasco aspects around this all?

Wolfgang Bohringer
01-23-2013, 07:47 PM
Not. This has vaulted her to rock star status with Libs. A woman victim.

Good point. Just another reason to have a policy of doing the honorable and libertarian thing. When you suck up to belligerent conservatives you never know what kind of blowback your unprincipled b.s. is going to cause.

If it was Ron asking the questions, he would have said something like, "What did you and Susan, and Samantha, think was going to happen when you plotted your little giggly girl coffee clatch war?"

Uriah
01-23-2013, 08:26 PM

I just became co-chair of my county GOP. I am GOP. I had no involvement in the dirty tricks against Ron Paul. I am a Ron Paul supporter. The GOP is what the grassroots makes it. If you get involved then you are one of the roots. Where is the soil most fertile? You can plant yourself in the Libertarian soil and produce a wonderfully deliscious fruit. It will be sweet, juicy, and flavorful ... and sterile. If you plant yourself in the GOP soil you'll produce little ugly fruits that taste bad. But, they'll reproduce and eventually the bad genetics will be 'weeded' out. Then, many wonderfully deliscious and fertile fruits will be had.

Rand Paul is GOP for a reason. And so am I.

rpfocus
01-24-2013, 10:16 AM
Carl,

Can you imagine if it was Ron asking the questions? If Ron was asking the questions, do you think he'd be criticizing her for not sending in enough mercenaries to guard their most recently conquered possession?

If Judge Nap doesn't challenge Rand for the nomination, the soul of the Ron Paul revolution will have nobody to vote for. Its as simple as that.

Wolfgang

Exactly. Ron would be asking why we have troops there in the first place.

"There's nobody in this world that could possibly attack us today... we could defend this country with a few good submarines. If anybody dared touch us we could wipe any country off of the face of the earth within hours. And here we are, so intimidated and so insecure and we're acting like such bullies that we have to attack third-world nations that have no military and have no weapons." - Ron Paul

rpfocus
01-24-2013, 10:23 AM
I just became co-chair of my county GOP. I am GOP. I had no involvement in the dirty tricks against Ron Paul. I am a Ron Paul supporter. The GOP is what the grassroots makes it. If you get involved then you are one of the roots. Where is the soil most fertile? You can plant yourself in the Libertarian soil and produce a wonderfully deliscious fruit. It will be sweet, juicy, and flavorful ... and sterile. If you plant yourself in the GOP soil you'll produce little ugly fruits that taste bad. But, they'll reproduce and eventually the bad genetics will be 'weeded' out. Then, many wonderfully deliscious and fertile fruits will be had.

Interesting response, but I believe that if I plant myself in GOP soil, I will simply wind up smelling like manure. The GOP has shown what happens when you start to successfully work within their system: they will simply cheat if the "leadership" prefers someone else. I want no part of that stinky garden.

klamath
01-24-2013, 10:28 AM
I think I will stay with the GOP and avoid the putrid sickness of the libertarians.

paulbot24
01-24-2013, 10:32 AM
Good point. Just another reason to have a policy of doing the honorable and libertarian thing. When you suck up to belligerent conservatives you never know what kind of blowback your unprincipled b.s. is going to cause.

If it was Ron asking the questions, he would have said something like, "What did you and Susan, and Samantha, think was going to happen when you plotted your little giggly girl coffee clatch war?"

Ron always did the honorable and libertarian thing as a member of the GOP. I believe you can have both, it just takes time. Ironically, speaking of belligerent conservatives, the first person that comes to my mind is Ron Paul.

"Maybe I oughta practice civil disobedience." - Ron Paul

PaulConventionWV
01-24-2013, 10:34 AM
Exactly. Ron would be asking why we have troops there in the first place.

"There's nobody in this world that could possibly attack us today... we could defend this country with a few good submarines. If anybody dared touch us we could wipe any country off of the face of the earth within hours. And here we are, so intimidated and so insecure and we're acting like such bullies that we have to attack third-world nations that have no military and have no weapons." - Ron Paul

But what about the terrists? How did the hijackers get in the country on 9/11?

/devil's advocate

torchbearer
01-24-2013, 11:18 AM
I think I will stay with the GOP and avoid the putrid sickness of the libertarians.

Ron Paul is a libertarian.
He is also a Libertarian.

Wolfgang Bohringer
01-24-2013, 01:30 PM
Ron always did the honorable and libertarian thing as a member of the GOP. I believe you can have both, it just takes time. Ironically, speaking of belligerent conservatives, the first person that comes to my mind is Ron Paul.

"Maybe I oughta practice civil disobedience." - Ron Paul

Belligerent means warlike and aggressive. Civil disobedience is resistence to government aggression--usually passive, certainly not belligerent.

I love that Ron was doing the honorable thing as a member of the Republican party. I'm still a member and if an honorable Republican runs for President I will show up at the meetings, make phone calls, and pour tons of time and effort into his campaign, like I did for Rons' campaigns.

Bastiat's The Law
01-24-2013, 01:56 PM

Well said Uriah. We need more supporters to actually hit the ground and do something tangible instead of gripping on internet forums and sitting on the couch cursing the MSM.

FSP-Rebel
01-24-2013, 02:04 PM
Enjoy your dinner club where nothing has hope of being accomplished. Seeing Ron getting cheated is what makes me stay even more involved in the GOP as a local delegate. The establishment loves to hear stories of Ron's fringers bailing on Rand because they're too fragile to play the game. While it is a shame when people make dead weight of themselves, I can think of only one guy out of many dozens that run in our county's circle that has chosen that route, so beyond the margin territory. Rand is more than making up for this with his appeal to the TP, evangelicals and fiscal cons outside of the libertarian/constitutionalist elements.

alucard13mmfmj
01-24-2013, 02:07 PM
rpfocus, can you at least vote for Rand in the GOP nominations? ;p

Bastiat's The Law
01-24-2013, 02:31 PM
Interesting response, but I believe that if I plant myself in GOP soil, I will simply wind up smelling like manure. The GOP has shown what happens when you start to successfully work within their system: they will simply cheat if the "leadership" prefers someone else. I want no part of that stinky garden.
You're going to have to stand up to corruption sooner or later. Better sooner than later. Paul supporters need to buck up a bit and learn to hold the line instead of retreating at the first sign of resistance. Of course people are going to try to protect their little fiefdoms when we start rattling the cages. You leaving is exactly what they want. Shake harder.

Bastiat's The Law
01-24-2013, 02:40 PM
Enjoy your dinner club where nothing has hope of being accomplished. Seeing Ron getting cheated is what makes me stay even more involved in the GOP as a local delegate. The establishment loves to hear stories of Ron's fringers bailing on Rand because they're too fragile to play the game. While it is a shame when people make dead weight of themselves, I can think of only one guy out of many dozens that run in our county's circle that has chosen that route, so beyond the margin territory. Rand is more than making up for this with his appeal to the TP, evangelicals and fiscal cons outside of the libertarian/constitutionalist elements.
Separates the men from the hipsters.

rpfocus
01-24-2013, 03:44 PM
rpfocus, can you at least vote for Rand in the GOP nominations? ;p

Sorry, only Republicans are allowed to vote in the Primaries. I wont qualify in 2016 ;)

rpfocus
01-24-2013, 03:55 PM
Enjoy your dinner club where nothing has hope of being accomplished. Seeing Ron getting cheated is what makes me stay even more involved in the GOP as a local delegate.

I wish you the best of luck attempting to change a party system from the inside, that has proven itself to be corrupt. I prefer to continue watching the GOP implode and hope for mass defections, making a 3rd party viable. In the meantime, I will continue to support as many Liberty candidates as I can, outside of the GOP system.

rpfocus
01-24-2013, 04:02 PM
Paul supporters need to buck up a bit and learn to hold the line instead of retreating at the first sign of resistance.

When we decided to work within GOP rules and managed to succeed, they simply CHANGED THE RULES TO PREVENT EXACTLY THAT. Lol, buck up? *$^&%*^&%*!!!

paulbot24
01-24-2013, 04:19 PM
When we decided to work within GOP rules and managed to succeed, they simply CHANGED THE RULES TO PREVENT EXACTLY THAT. Lol, buck up? *$^&%*^&%*!!!

You say all that in past-tense. I don't know what you found in your inbox but I never heard any fat lady singing and nobody told me this shit is over.

Bastiat's The Law
01-24-2013, 04:33 PM
You say all that in past-tense. I don't know what you found in your inbox but I never heard any fat lady singing and nobody told me this shit is over.
Hell, we're just getting started in states like Maine, Iowa, Nevada, Minnesota, Alaska, etc. We haven't even begun to fight in all 50 states yet. It will be a glorious day when we have a strong Paul contingent gunning for leadership in ALL states.

Bastiat's The Law
01-24-2013, 05:24 PM
I'm always skeptical of these low post count new members that try to encourage Paulers to tuck their tail between their legs and go home. Raises eyebrows.

rpfocus
01-24-2013, 07:51 PM
I'm always skeptical of these low post count new members that try to encourage Paulers to tuck their tail between their legs and go home. Raises eyebrows.

I stated a view that I dont understand why, after getting stabbed in the back and kicked in the throat by the GOP during the primaries, a Paul supporter would still want to work within the GOP system. If you want to turn that into some larger conspiracy, feel free. It wouldn't be the first conspiracy to be floated around here. Regarding my post count, I've seen trolls come and go in the short time I've been here. I'm not going to post a bunch of BS simply to get my post count up like they do. It will be years before I get a post count in the thousands so if that's the validation you need, feel to start ignoring my posts now. I wont mind.

dinosaur
01-24-2013, 07:58 PM
I stated a view that I dont understand why, after getting stabbed in the back and kicked in the throat by the GOP during the primaries, a Paul supporter would still want to work within the GOP system. If you want to turn that into some larger conspiracy, feel free. It wouldn't be the first conspiracy to be floated around here. Regarding my post count, I've seen trolls come and go in the short time I've been here. I'm not going to post a bunch of BS simply to get my post count up like they do. It will be years before I get a post count in the thousands so if that's the validation you need, feel to start ignoring my posts now. I wont mind.

When we fight, we will encounter resistance. "Getting stabbed in the back" is resistance, and it means that "working within the system" is actually where the real fight is. It is where they are most vulnerable right now.

ican'tvote
01-24-2013, 09:50 PM
I stated a view that I dont understand why, after getting stabbed in the back and kicked in the throat by the GOP during the primaries, a Paul supporter would still want to work within the GOP system.
Justin Amash, Thomas Massie, and Rand Paul.

brushfire
01-24-2013, 10:08 PM
http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/hilary002.jpg

I wonder if she has plans to start a libertarian network too? She's definitely got the "libertarian look" down.

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/glenn-beck.png

Wolfgang Bohringer
01-25-2013, 09:09 AM
When we decided to work within GOP rules and managed to succeed, they simply CHANGED THE RULES TO PREVENT EXACTLY THAT.

In Bob Wenzel's interview of Doug Wead, Wead says that he was a regular pro-Bush Republican until he heard Ron explain to Guliani in the Republican presidential debate why "they did 9/11." Wead said something like he "spit out his Cheerios" when he heard Ron set Guliani straight in that debate.

How many times have you heard someone say that it was hearing Ron speak truth in the presidential debates--truth that up until then had never been spoken on network TV--that either converted them or in the case of the already converted convinced them to get actively involved in Ron's movement?

The important lesson here is that two things had to happen in order for Ron's movement to happen:

1. The libertarian truth had to be snuck onto TV by a candidate who they couldn't entirely ban from participatng in a major party Presidential debate televised by all the networks.

2. Even with all of the statist pressure on him to NOT give the national TV audience the hard libertarian medicine, the candidate had to be so miraculously honest and honorable that he couldn't help himself from speaking the truth--even if all the military welfare queens in South Carolina boo-ed the libertarian golden rule, even if Sean Hannity and Glen Beck called him a kook.

Without these 2 things, the spread of the libertarian ideas of peace and sound money would never have taken the giant leap that they have the past 8 years.

So if another candidate comes along who can't help himself from telling the truth even if Glen Beck calls him a kook, he must go through the communist--I mean one of the major--parties. Of course they're going to send in the cops to beat and arrest us, only give Ron 89 seconds in an hour long debate, steal votes, say the ayes have it--even when its broadcasted on national TV and clear that the ayes don't have it, etc. But that doesn't mean we don't don't go that route anyway. The whole point is to sneak the truth out--guerilla style--so that slowly people here and there "spit out their Cheerios" and are caused to think in a significantly different way.

Unfortunately, we don't have such a candidate anymore. Rand Paul's debate answers and policy positions are constructed to convince the Fox TV audience and Sean Hannity that he's one of them. Nobody will be "spitting out their cherrios" and changing his mind due to anything Rand says.

Sometimes I think there might be hope in a Judge Nap candidacy, but I kind of doubt it. Do you think if he was questioning Hillary at that hearing that he would have the Ron Paulian instincts to belittle all the calls for heavier militarization of the imperial bases and to ask Hillary the right questions even though he might get boo-ed by both the Fox and CNN TV audiences?

I think Ron Paul and the movement will be looked back on as a sort of last quirky blip in history where the libertarian truth got one last chance to sneak on national TV and act as one last speed bump before the authoritarian dystopia fully developed.