PDA

View Full Version : 22-year-old warrant, jailed over $85 Court cost

aGameOfThrones
01-23-2013, 01:37 PM
For one Connecticut woman in Florida, the saying "better late than never" doesn't apply.

Robin Hall was arrested because of a bill she didn't pay 22 years ago and to make matters worse, she's also been stuck in jail for the last four days.

"I just want it to be all over so I can go home," Hall said from her Brevard County Jail, Florida. She shoplifted cigarettes from a Wal-Mart back in 1991.

For that Hall owes the state $85.

The 22-year-old crime followed the Connecticut native to Port Canaveral, Florida Thursday where she, her husband and two kids were wrapping up a vacation.

The family had been aboard the Disney Dream cruise ship and Brevard County police officers were waiting for her as she left the boat.

"I was pulled to the side and told that I had a warrant," Hall added.

Police said Hall failed to pay the $85 in court costs when she was 18 and when they checked the ship's passenger list for terrorists, they found a warrant for Hall.

Since the incident she has put herself through college and now helps design jet engines for Pratt & Whitney.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/22/16637047-cigarette-shoplifter-jailed-over-22-year-old-warrant?lite

satchelmcqueen
01-23-2013, 04:09 PM
shes a horrible person. i bet shes even a terrorist.