PDA

View Full Version : fred bomb vs ron bomb

chestertime
11-22-2007, 12:09 AM
As of this morning, the initative had garnered, I kid you not, a grand total of 82 pledges.
might all those Ron Paul Internet poll victories have been for real after all?

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/017091.html

Midnight77
11-22-2007, 12:12 AM
We won't hear a peep out of the Fred Thompson Campaign or his supporters about this. I am so curious to hear what the final totals were.

chestertime
11-22-2007, 12:13 AM
http://www.gambling911.com/Mitt-Romney-Mike%20Huckabee-Ron-Paul-112207.html

strong belief from his supporters that a December 16 "money bomb" will help propel the 2007 US Presidential candidate past a targeted $12 mil in funds raised during the 4th quarter (that will likely be more money than any other candidate including Hillary Clinton).
more than anyone else in q4? is this possible?

reaver
11-22-2007, 12:14 AM
I know of at least two more checks in the mail.

skinzterpswizfan
11-22-2007, 12:14 AM
Where did this guy get that number from? Does he have a connection in the Thompson campaign?

quickmike
11-22-2007, 12:19 AM

Nooooooo

He wont beat Hillary or Obama in Q4, thats for sure. They have big corporate special interest money backing them, and you cant compete with that. Luckily money isnt as important as a good message and support of real people. Sure you need money to compete and place ads, but once you hit a certain amount of money, getting more doesnt make that much of a difference anyway.

Paul4Prez
11-22-2007, 01:03 AM

It's not only possible, it's likely. Giuliani led Republicans in the third quarter with around $12 million. Romney had more, but only counting his loans to himself. And all of the old top four (Giuliani, Romney, McCain, and Thompson) have already hit up all of their rich buddies, and have no real grassroots network to draw on for smaller donations. Huckabee is starting to get some grassroots support, but the big money guys are still staying away from him.

Midnight77
11-22-2007, 01:08 AM
On the note of the Fred Bomb, my guess is that it .... well .... bombed. If they would have done anything substantial today, it would have been posted on their site. What's on the site? Nothing.

As far as Paul's 4th Quarter Fundraising ... I agree he will raise the most out of the GOP, but he will not raise more than Hillary or Obama, who have the Special Interest Groups in their pocket. Paul will come in 3rd in Fundraising from both parties this quarter, is my prediction.

Quantumystic
11-22-2007, 01:16 AM
Nooooooo

He wont beat Hillary or Obama in Q4, thats for sure. They have big corporate special interest money backing them, and you cant compete with that. Luckily money isnt as important as a good message and support of real people. Sure you need money to compete and place ads, but once you hit a certain amount of money, getting more doesnt make that much of a difference anyway.

You will find yourself with an ample helping of "humble" pie come Christmas Eve.

The campaign is at $9 million tonight. It will be about $11 million the night before the TeaParty. And then, it will EXPLODE.

My personal estimate at this point is $9 MILLION for the TeaParty. Meaning December 17th, the campaign will have $20 MILLION. With 2 weeks left for a final push to go after $25 million for the quarter. Hillary will NOT raise that much in the holiday season. She did $27 million in 3rdQ, and the holidays are always when people hold off to pay for Christmas presents.

Paul WILL emerge on top.

Midnight77
11-22-2007, 01:20 AM
We aren't going to be raising another $5 Million after the 16th. Maybe another Million from new supporters, but you're dreaming if you think we can get another $5 Million after the Tea Party, especially with it being Christmas time.

We aren't going to beat Hillary or Obama, as we aren't backed by the Special Interests. Have fun proving me wrong, but I'm being realistic, with everyone else.

Quantumystic
11-22-2007, 01:23 AM
We aren't going to be raising another $5 Million after the 16th. Maybe another Million from new supporters, but you're dreaming if you think we can get another $5 Million after the Tea Party, especially with it being Christmas time.

We aren't going to beat Hillary or Obama, as we aren't backed by the Special Interests. Have fun proving me wrong, but I'm being realistic, with everyone else.

Special interests can fund PACs in obscene amounts, but the official campaigns... even they are limited.

We WILL beat Hillary in official contributions for the 4thQ.

BELIEVE IT.

DealzOnWheelz
11-22-2007, 01:43 AM
all we need to do to raise $5million between Teaparty07 and the end of the quarter is $333,333/day

If we can do that in 24 hours we can do that in 15 days!!!

RIGHT GUYS!!!

MY CHRISTMAS PRESENTS WILL CONSIST OF CONFIRMATION NUMBERS

Quantumystic
11-22-2007, 01:54 AM
all we need to do to raise $5million between Teaparty07 and the end of the quarter is $333,333/day

RIGHT GUYS!!!

I like your attitude. :cool:

rfbz
11-22-2007, 02:02 AM
I think the Fred Thompson campaign will go down as one of the worst campaigns in history. And I don't say this as a Ron Paul supporter trying to fling mud. When he first started, a huge percentage of republicans were ready to get behind him before he barely opened his mouth. Somehow, he was blessed with a HUGE head start (even though he entered late). It's like he woke up one day, decided he wanted to run for president, and all the sudden he was rolling in with millions of dollars and supporters. If he was even halfway decent as a candidate, he could have taken this and rolled with it without much effort and won the presidency. I really believe this. But the way he has been running his campaign since...it really does boggle my mind. I actually saw his wife on Fox News the other day doing interviews for him. What's he doing, laying in bed all day?

kotetu
11-22-2007, 02:04 AM
It's a good attitude! Keep it up!

How about a silly improvised Xmas song?

Jingle Bells
Romney Smells
Giuliani laid an egg!
Hucklebee lost apeal
and Ron Paul won the day!

tnvoter
11-22-2007, 02:09 AM

RIGHT GUYS!!!

Same here.

troyd1
11-22-2007, 07:55 AM
Nooooooo

Especially for some of the candidates. The more they are on the tv the less you like them. ie Hillary.

speciallyblend
11-22-2007, 07:59 AM
never say never

Fred McRomliani
11-22-2007, 08:05 AM
On the note of the Fred Bomb, my guess is that it .... well .... bombed. If they would have done anything substantial today, it would have been posted on their site. What's on the site? Nothing.

As far as Paul's 4th Quarter Fundraising ... I agree he will raise the most out of the GOP, but he will not raise more than Hillary or Obama, who have the Special Interest Groups in their pocket. Paul will come in 3rd in Fundraising from both parties this quarter, is my prediction.

Infidel!

Prepare yourself - for the Mother of All Money Bombs!

John of Des Moines
11-22-2007, 08:08 AM
I think the Fred Thompson campaign will go down as one of the worst campaigns in history. .... I actually saw his wife on Fox News the other day doing interviews for him. What's he doing, laying in bed all day?

Well, Fred does want a round of applause and the Fox crew isn't big enough.

RON PAUL 4409
11-22-2007, 08:52 AM
Here is where you are wrong....The Ron Paul army may be close to 100,000 strong and it will only take $50 from each man to raise 5,000,000 in 1 day...if we get to 100,000 it's curtains for all!

werdd
11-22-2007, 08:53 AM
i heard over at fredthompsonforum.com he raised close to 1 billion

Mark Rushmore
11-22-2007, 08:57 AM

I heard that was before offline was added in.

Hope
11-22-2007, 09:06 AM

That's hogwash.

Kombaiyashii
11-22-2007, 09:17 AM
yo yo yo

LBT
11-22-2007, 10:18 AM
Naturally we will be hitting a money bomb in the last week of the 4th quarter.

Let's use the Dec 16th success to push for a good last week to try to top the field.

I checked a few dates for a meaningful correlation to our cause. I think I found a good one to market. It is Auld Lang Syne.

It links to the Boston Tea Party:
"And we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne."

It celebrates our past, symbolizing the connection to the founding fathers.

It is celebrates the end of year and expectations of a new brighter future. It would be a lovely statement of change for the new year.

Here are the lyrics:
------------------------------

Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind ?
Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and auld lang syne ?

CHORUS:
For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.
And surely you’ll buy your pint cup !
And surely I’ll buy mine !
And we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

CHORUS
We two have run about the hills,
and picked the daisies fine ;
But we’ve wandered many a weary foot,
since auld lang syne.

CHORUS
We two have paddled in the stream,
from morning sun till dine (dinner time) ;
But seas between us broad have roared
since auld lang syne.

CHORUS
And there’s a hand my trusty friend !
And give us a hand o’ thine !
And we’ll take a right good-will draught,
for auld lang syne.

CHORUS
--------------------------------

Here is a youtube version of the song:
Karaoke style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSFk50qdYO4

And the Kenny G version which will tear hearts as a video soundtrack:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpvYoY4juLc
------------------

This could be used to promote an end of year money bomb, in memory of our founding fathers and in anticipation of a new future of liberty.

Note also, from Wikipedia:
Dec 31st, 1929 - Guy Lombardo performs Auld Lang Syne at the Roosevelt Hotel in New York City for the first time.