PDA

View Full Version : Ben Swann's Sandy Hook video goes viral

jmdrake
01-23-2013, 10:31 AM
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2013/01/18/ben-swanns-sandy-hook-video-goes-viral/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wZPS7AdgNgE

Ben Swann’s Sandy Hook video goes viral
01/18/13 at 3:06pm by John Kiesewetter 0 Comments

Another Fox 19 anchor is creating a big a buzz on social media. Ben Swann’s YouTube report questioning the police account of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting has gone viral.

Fox 19 co-anchors Ben Swann and Tricia Macke

In the video, posted on his three-month-old “Full Disclosure” YouTube channel and Facebook page, the Fox 19 anchor says “there’s a good reason to question the whole (police) narrative” that Adam Lanza acted alone. (Most reporters covering the massacre might strongly disagree.)

Viewed more than 112,000 times since Jan. 3, Swann’s “Reality Check”-style video also explains his doubts about whether a lone gunman did the Colorado movie theater shooting in July and Wisconsin Sikh temple attack in August. He says he’s just doing what a journalist does – asking questions.

“In all three of these cases, there isn’t just wild speculation that maybe there was more than one shooter,” Swann says while showing aerial video of an unidentified person running from Sandy Hook school after the shooting. The video is called “Full Disclosure: CO, WI, CT shootings… Are These The Work Of “Lone Wolf” Gunmen?”

“There’s been no evidence so far – no evidence provided by the police other than what they’ve told us – that there is only one shooter here,” he says on the video. He asks authorities to release Sandy Hook school surveillance video to “prove it was one person.”

Many of the views came after a Monday Salon.com story called “Sandy Hook truther-reporter?” which asks: “Does questioning the media and police’s account of the Sandy Hook massacre go too far?”

The Salon story and Swann’s video have been mentioned in blog posts about the Sandy Hook “truther” movement (those who say the school shooting was a hoax) and blogs about a harrassed Sandy Hook school neighbor who sheltered six children that conspiracy theorists claimed was an actor in the hoax.

While Swann admits he has questions about the Sandy Hook events that day, he’s always accepted the fact that 26 people were killed. He’s even debunked some Sandy Hook myths, including exposing the hoax saying actors played roles in the shooting.

“To say I’m a ‘truther’ is nonsense, because I’ve already debunked some of the info out there,” Swann told me in a phone conversation. Due to “two or three degrees of separation” from the truther blogs, “I’ve morphed into the reporter who thinks the whole thing is a hoax. It’s guilt by association,” he told me.

He put it this way on Facebook this week: “Amazing how a journalist can be demonized for asking questions. I noticed that there are attempts to lump me in with those who are saying that there was no shooting at all. Please watch the Full Disclousure and if you want to question me, do so on the merits of the questions I asked.”

Another Swann Facebook post: “It is truly, deeply saddening to me how the smear machine works. There are a number of articles that are attempting to blame me to those who are “terrorizing the families of Sandy Hook victims.” The blame comes from a piece I did calling for surveillance video to be released from Colorado theater, and from Sandy Hook. BTW, a group of journalists and Colorado have called for the same thing… are they being smeared? The lawyer for 7 families suing Cinemark is asking for that (surveilance) video to no avail… is he being smeared? The timing of these multiple articles that link me to those claiming no children actually died and that the families are all actors are intellectually dishonest. And yet the people sending emails to my employer seem to be part of a bigger attempt to discredit and smear, not on the basis of MY story but on the basis of a Headline.”

Swann says his WXIX-TV bosses have taken less heat over his Sandy Hook “Full Disclosure” video than some of his other reports, including his “Reality Check” features three times a week on Channel 19. He’s received a lot of attention lately for challenging statistics cited by CNN host Piers Morgan comparing gun violence in the United Kingdom and the United States. (Here’s a link to that one.)

The 34-year-old Texas native, hired two years ago as Fox 19’s main co-anchor, says he started the independently produced “Full Disclosure” with the station’s permission in November (the same month co-worker Tricia Macke was suspended for her social media post calling Rachel Maddow an “angry young man” on her Facebook page).

Explains Swann: “There are so many stories, and so many people are contacting me with story ideas. The station allows me to do it. They have to adhere to (owner) Raycom’s journalistic standards.”

You might think Swann is crazy for questioning the Sandy Hook authorities’ account. But you must agree that it’s a journalist’s job to ask questions.

When I asked him if he still questions if Adam Lanza acted alone at Sandy Hook, Swann said: “I haven’t see any evidence that he WASN”T alone.”

Our conversation ended on this note: “I don’t believe there’s a huge conspiracy around Sandy Hook. But I’d question any story. That’s what you do as a journalist. We’ve got to ask questions and seek out answers.”

ronpaulfollower999
01-23-2013, 10:39 AM
Ben Swann has a great TV voice. I wonder if he'll do part-time/join RP's gig?

Inkblots
01-23-2013, 10:47 AM
Mr. Swann needs to tread very carefully. Although I admire his willingness to do actual journalism, if he allows his critics to lump him in with people who are considered crazy or irresponsible, it will damage the credibility of his future reporting.

I'm sure he knows what he's doing and doesn't need advice from a punter like me, but still, I just hope he's taking all due care.

kathy88
01-23-2013, 10:51 AM
112000 views is hardly viral.

Inkblots
01-23-2013, 10:51 AM

It was a limited outbreak, not a pandemic ;)

jmdrake
01-23-2013, 10:52 AM
"He’s even debunked some Sandy Hook myths, including exposing the hoax saying actors played roles in the shooting."

That's all you got from the article? :rolleyes: Ben Swann's approach to the story has been pretty much Alex Jones approach which is that there's a lot about the story that doesn't add up, but it's too early to call it a "false flag". And like Alex Jones, Ben Swann has been falsely accused of jumping to conclusions when all he's doing is raising legit questions.

bolil
01-23-2013, 10:58 AM
Has he ever done anything on Building 7?

kathy88
01-23-2013, 10:58 AM
That's all you got from the article? :rolleyes: Ben Swann's approach to the story has been pretty much Alex Jones approach which is that there's a lot about the story that doesn't add up, but it's too early to call it a "false flag". And like Alex Jones, Ben Swann has been falsely accused of jumping to conclusions when all he's doing is raising legit questions.ben is always careful about that. He never comes off as half-cocked thats why I love him.

KingNothing
01-23-2013, 11:04 AM
That's all you got from the article? :rolleyes: Ben Swann's approach to the story has been pretty much Alex Jones approach which is that there's a lot about the story that doesn't add up, but it's too early to call it a "false flag". And like Alex Jones, Ben Swann has been falsely accused of jumping to conclusions when all he's doing is raising legit questions.

I've no problem with a questioning attitude and actual investigation. Ben does the Lord's work in that regard. He's a wonderful journalist. As a result, he debunks some of the more absurd theories that abound and leaves open-ended general questions that linger. Nothing at all wrong with that. Whereas Ben says something like "I don't believe there were multiple shooters, but I've seen no convincing evidence either way," someone like Alex Jones says "there were many shooters, all hired by the government, SCRREEEEEAAAAAM GROWWWWWL SHOUT NEW WORLD ORDER SCUM!"

jmdrake
01-23-2013, 11:09 AM
I've no problem with a questioning attitude and actual investigation. Ben does the Lord's work in that regard. He's a wonderful journalist. As a result, he debunks some of the more absurd theories that abound and leaves open-ended general questions that linger. Nothing at all wrong with that. Whereas Ben says something like "I don't believe there were multiple shooters, but I've seen no convincing evidence either way," someone like Alex Jones says "there were many shooters, all hired by the government, SCRREEEEEAAAAAM GROWWWWWL SHOUT NEW WORLD ORDER SCUM!"

Someone like you lies about what someone like Alex Jones says. So far Jones hasn't taken a "there were definitely multiple shooters all hired by the government" approach.

jmdrake
01-23-2013, 11:11 AM
Has he ever done anything on Building 7?

No. But Geraldo has. So has Judge Napolitano.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP0Hs-v-uJ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPEj2Pa1Y2g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP8IuDZCWug

ronpaulfollower999
01-23-2013, 11:19 AM
Wow! Never saw the Geraldo or Napolitano videos!

Philhelm
01-23-2013, 11:22 AM

True. It's more of an outbreak.

paulbot24
01-23-2013, 11:27 AM
ben is always careful about that. He never comes off as half-cocked thats why I love him.

That's right Kathy. I can't see you ever loving anybody half-cocked.;):D

ClydeCoulter
01-23-2013, 11:33 AM

Neither had I. The last I knew about Geraldo, concerning 9/11, was his negative reaction to the "truthers" and AJ.

Those videos should be brought up again into the public sphere.

green73
01-23-2013, 11:37 AM

Depends on how you define viral. That video will now have prominence on youtube and continue to get views for some time to come.

kcchiefs6465
01-23-2013, 11:37 AM
I've despised Geraldo for a while now. Particularly because of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsSymxzYfO0

I'll have to check out the above videos. If the Judge wasn't in them I wouldn't give that POS the light of day.

ETA: Lmao.
But I call for racial profiling. I think it's about time. Just when I was reconsidering my despising of Geraldo he one ups it.

kcchiefs6465
01-23-2013, 11:59 AM
He put it this way on Facebook this week: “Amazing how a journalist can be demonized for asking questions. I noticed that there are attempts to lump me in with those who are saying that there was no shooting at all. Please watch the Full Disclousure and if you want to question me, do so on the merits of the questions I asked.”

Another Swann Facebook post: “It is truly, deeply saddening to me how the smear machine works. There are a number of articles that are attempting to blame me to those who are “terrorizing the families of Sandy Hook victims.” The blame comes from a piece I did calling for surveillance video to be released from Colorado theater, and from Sandy Hook. BTW, a group of journalists and Colorado have called for the same thing… are they being smeared? The lawyer for 7 families suing Cinemark is asking for that (surveilance) video to no avail… is he being smeared? The timing of these multiple articles that link me to those claiming no children actually died and that the families are all actors are intellectually dishonest. And yet the people sending emails to my employer seem to be part of a bigger attempt to discredit and smear, not on the basis of MY story but on the basis of a Headline.”
Yes it is. Hopefully Ben Swann knows he has a lot of fans. I don't want to see him go out in the likes of Gary Webb when he reports on something so corrupt a shitstorm comes his way.

Working Poor
01-23-2013, 03:23 PM
I hope Mr. Swan has protection.

sailingaway
01-23-2013, 03:39 PM
I hope Mr. Swan has protection.

so, how many of you are voting to get Ben the shorty award in journalism? http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?402144-Ben-Swann-currently-in-third-place-for-a-Shorty-Award

He's currently in third place.

kcchiefs6465
01-23-2013, 04:23 PM
so, how many of you are voting to get Ben the shorty award in journalism? http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?402144-Ben-Swann-currently-in-third-place-for-a-Shorty-Award

He's currently in third place.
No Twitter.. or I gladly would. I do find it ridiculous that he only has 88 votes or whatever it was at. I would assume the majority of his supporters have never heard of this award/do not have Twitter accounts. I mean hell, when I first heard about this and checked Anderson Cooper only had 8 votes for eighth place. How obscure is this award? Is it a yearly award.. or just like a one time Twitter 'badge.' I have no idea how Twitter works/whether the award is affiliated with them and am really not trying to sound like an asshole.

Brian4Liberty
01-23-2013, 04:48 PM
I watched the video. He has the right to ask these questions, but I wouldn't recommend going down this path. I am just as skeptical of the Police story as of the "eyewitnesses". The Police can not prove a negative. They have one person in custody (or dead) in each case. No way to "prove" that there were not others.

And as far as perception, he's already being lumped in the crazy conspiracy category for this. Someone called into Hannity today to complain about the crazy Sandy Hook deniers. Like it or not, he will end up in the same box as Alex Jones.

Working Poor
01-29-2013, 01:12 PM
I hope he wins the Shorty award

James_Madison_Lives
01-29-2013, 08:44 PM
Ben has a high journalistic standard. He does not go out on a limb to ask if there were more than one shooter at Aurora and Sikh Temple until there are at least THREE different, seemingly credible direct eyewitnesses who say there were multiple shooters. When does it become okay to ask a question? He is actually only giving police a way to put these questions to bed, by releasing video.

It looks like now they are saying we have to swallow all official stories hook line and sinker, or else be called a conspiracy nut. Sorry, but that's not how America works. That is more Stalinist Russia.

unknown
06-27-2023, 01:19 PM
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2013/01/18/ben-swanns-sandy-hook-video-goes-viral/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wZPS7AdgNgE

Ben Swann’s Sandy Hook video goes viral
01/18/13 at 3:06pm by John Kiesewetter 0 Comments

Another Fox 19 anchor is creating a big a buzz on social media. Ben Swann’s YouTube report questioning the police account of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting has gone viral.

Fox 19 co-anchors Ben Swann and Tricia Macke

In the video, posted on his three-month-old “Full Disclosure” YouTube channel and Facebook page, the Fox 19 anchor says “there’s a good reason to question the whole (police) narrative” that Adam Lanza acted alone. (Most reporters covering the massacre might strongly disagree.)

Viewed more than 112,000 times since Jan. 3, Swann’s “Reality Check”-style video also explains his doubts about whether a lone gunman did the Colorado movie theater shooting in July and Wisconsin Sikh temple attack in August. He says he’s just doing what a journalist does – asking questions.

“In all three of these cases, there isn’t just wild speculation that maybe there was more than one shooter,” Swann says while showing aerial video of an unidentified person running from Sandy Hook school after the shooting. The video is called “Full Disclosure: CO, WI, CT shootings… Are These The Work Of “Lone Wolf” Gunmen?”

“There’s been no evidence so far – no evidence provided by the police other than what they’ve told us – that there is only one shooter here,” he says on the video. He asks authorities to release Sandy Hook school surveillance video to “prove it was one person.”

Many of the views came after a Monday Salon.com story called “Sandy Hook truther-reporter?” which asks: “Does questioning the media and police’s account of the Sandy Hook massacre go too far?”

The Salon story and Swann’s video have been mentioned in blog posts about the Sandy Hook “truther” movement (those who say the school shooting was a hoax) and blogs about a harrassed Sandy Hook school neighbor who sheltered six children that conspiracy theorists claimed was an actor in the hoax.

While Swann admits he has questions about the Sandy Hook events that day, he’s always accepted the fact that 26 people were killed. He’s even debunked some Sandy Hook myths, including exposing the hoax saying actors played roles in the shooting.

“To say I’m a ‘truther’ is nonsense, because I’ve already debunked some of the info out there,” Swann told me in a phone conversation. Due to “two or three degrees of separation” from the truther blogs, “I’ve morphed into the reporter who thinks the whole thing is a hoax. It’s guilt by association,” he told me.

Swann says his WXIX-TV bosses have taken less heat over his Sandy Hook “Full Disclosure” video than some of his other reports, including his “Reality Check” features three times a week on Channel 19. He’s received a lot of attention lately for challenging statistics cited by CNN host Piers Morgan comparing gun violence in the United Kingdom and the United States. (Here’s a link to that one.)

The 34-year-old Texas native, hired two years ago as Fox 19’s main co-anchor, says he started the independently produced “Full Disclosure” with the station’s permission in November (the same month co-worker Tricia Macke was suspended for her social media post calling Rachel Maddow an “angry young man” on her Facebook page).

Explains Swann: “There are so many stories, and so many people are contacting me with story ideas. The station allows me to do it. They have to adhere to (owner) Raycom’s journalistic standards.”

You might think Swann is crazy for questioning the Sandy Hook authorities’ account. But you must agree that it’s a journalist’s job to ask questions.

When I asked him if he still questions if Adam Lanza acted alone at Sandy Hook, Swann said: “I haven’t see any evidence that he WASN”T alone.”

Our conversation ended on this note: “I don’t believe there’s a huge conspiracy around Sandy Hook. But I’d question any story. That’s what you do as a journalist. We’ve got to ask questions and seek out answers.”

Is the video available anywhere else?

Never saw it.

unknown
06-27-2023, 01:21 PM
Dude claims that some of the Sandy Hook "heroes" won the lottery.

https://twitter.com/Agent131711/status/1673330286505914373