PDA

View Full Version : Logo for Rudy's Reading List

jake
11-22-2007, 12:01 AM
http://aycu13.webshots.com/image/35372/2005462363438894741_rs.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2005462363438894741)

made this for Rudy's Reading List. It's a parody of the Rudy 08 campaign sign :)

Shaun
11-22-2007, 12:24 AM
This is the worst marketing concept I have ever seen the RP grassroots tackle.
Very poor. The logo is fine. The name is absoultely and totally meanigless and makes us look like a bunch of clowns to the media. So, what now?...
GUYS WE HAVE NO MARGIN FOR ERROR. STAY FOCUSED ON DEC 16TH.
I looked over the message from our fund raising director that started all the trouble, one line jumped out at me...

" If you wait a month from now to donate, your money will only be spent after Iowa caucus-goers and New Hampshire primary voters have made up their minds"

I have spent twenty years in marketing and PR, a lot of it here in Hollywood, and I can tell you that if we derail the greatest single event in political fundraising history based on that "belief" of his this will go down as the turning point for this campaign. He has absolutely no base in fact to suppose that many people will have their minds "made up" two to three weeks out. Total BS and Fantasy Island stuff. Look at History if you need to..Clinton, Kerry, Carter, Reagan. Comments like that show me how straight laced and conventional this guy is. I have HUNDREDS of people working for me in 26 countries, far more than the RP campaign, if one of my guys EVER sent out a message like that to my MARKETING people ( in this case that would be all of us..) he would be terminated. Instantly. By me. In a rage. Justifiable.
Those of you who think it's OK to raise 4m on two days just don't get how the media work. They wont' cover it. They just won't, already been done, they have that t shirt. Fundraisers should stay OUT of PR and Marketing. I do not believe for a single moment that Ron Paul knew that email was going out and my advice to everyone is to stay focused on the tea-party event.
If we raise 10m on that day it will be a shot heard around the world.
If we want to get RP into the White House it's time to take FULL, END2END responsibility to get this done and a big part of that is to recognize when execs are competent and not competent.
Oh, yeah..and while I'm at it..***K YOU FRANK..

Austin
11-22-2007, 12:55 AM
I agree, but unfortunately as it stands today, our goal is being sidetracked by what essentially amounts to a misinterpreted email from the campaign. I no longer believe that we will break 10 million on the 16th, which is a real shame. Also, due the lack of commitment there will likely be two 3 million dollar days, which will have far less impact than a single 10 million day...

Ah well, can't win them all.

Shaun
11-22-2007, 12:58 AM
Krippy: We'll break the 10m. We will. The whole world will line up behind Trevor and the Tea Party in the final week. We'll smash it.
Just try to keep everyone focused on this event.
The email wasn't well thought out.
Keep on keeping on..
Shaun.

Austin
11-22-2007, 01:10 AM
Krippy: We'll break the 10m. We will. The whole world will line up behind Trevor and the Tea Party in the final week. We'll smash it.
Just try to keep everyone focused on this event.
The email wasn't well thought out.
Keep on keeping on..
Shaun.

I truly do hope you are correct. Based on the reactions of most people toward the 30th, I am leaning more toward your stance on the issue.

Shaun
11-22-2007, 01:13 AM
K: We'll be fine..just keep focusing people on the event. One person at a time. As soon as the pledges hit 25,000 at the end of next week there will be a big push to 30k pledges.
Go out and get ten of them..
Thanks for everything you are doing.
Shaun.

Flirple
11-22-2007, 01:53 AM
I don't like the logo because it looks like a Guiliani campaign logo. Maybe we need a simple cartoon picture of Ron as a professor and Rudy as a student being assigned homework. Drawn like comic caricatures. It should be light-hearted and funny, not overtly negative.

LBT
11-22-2007, 01:57 AM
I also work in marketing and agree with everything Shaun has said here.

Let's focus on spreading the word for Ron Paul and doing all we can to make Dec 16th huge.

edit: Oh jake, your efforts are appreciated. I don't mean to pour water on the good work you've done.

McDermit
11-22-2007, 02:03 AM
Nice logo and all, but I hope that no one jumps on the Nov 30th bandwagon. Bad idea.
If you want to donate now, do it. You don't need an organized event in order to donate.

If you want to be a part of a moneybomb, the 16th is it.

Energy
11-22-2007, 02:13 AM
Krippy: The 16th will be a blockbuster. We have 23+ days as of now. Until then, many dynamite things and events can happen (unexpected things like the former Obama supporter obamala.com). We have a lot of creativity and DRIVE and the winds of FREEDOM to push us beyond what's seemingly possible. Keep spreading the word and fight for EVERY inch, we're in this together:

Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rFx6OFooCs

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7923/img288vs8.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rFx6OFooCs)

ronpaulyourmom
11-22-2007, 02:22 AM
Krippy: The 16th will be a blockbuster. We have 23+ days as of now. Until then, many dynamite things and events can happen (unexpected things like the former Obama supporter obamala.com). We have a lot of creativity and DRIVE and the winds of FREEDOM to push us beyond what's seemingly possible. Keep spreading the word and fight for EVERY inch, we're in this together:

Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rFx6OFooCs

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7923/img288vs8.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rFx6OFooCs)

holy crap I'm cryin dude, hell yeah. Make a new thread with this... :x

hawkeyenick
11-22-2007, 02:25 AM
We really need to be pushing unity right now...that email is splitting the grassroots

ronpaulfan
11-22-2007, 03:47 AM
Great idea. But can we get another domain name pointing to that site? Some of us feel RudysReadingList.com doesn't really motivate us.

LibertyEagle
11-22-2007, 05:38 AM
Why on earth do we now think we have to have a money bomb to enable us to donate any money? C'mon! The campaign asked for money and if people have it and so desire, hopefully they are donating.

We should have one and only one money bomb to focus on. The Tea Party. If you add another one, all it's going to do is dilute the excitement about the 16th. Remember the fable about the Boy who Cried Wolf? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boy_Who_Cried_Wolf

Just Come Home
11-22-2007, 05:43 AM
This is the worst marketing concept I have ever seen the RP grassroots tackle.
Very poor. The logo is fine. The name is absoultely and totally meanigless and makes us look like a bunch of clowns to the media. So, what now?...
GUYS WE HAVE NO MARGIN FOR ERROR. STAY FOCUSED ON DEC 16TH.
I looked over the message from our fund raising director that started all the trouble, one line jumped out at me...

" If you wait a month from now to donate, your money will only be spent after Iowa caucus-goers and New Hampshire primary voters have made up their minds"

I have spent twenty years in marketing and PR, a lot of it here in Hollywood, and I can tell you that if we derail the greatest single event in political fundraising history based on that "belief" of his this will go down as the turning point for this campaign. He has absolutely no base in fact to suppose that many people will have their minds "made up" two to three weeks out. Total BS and Fantasy Island stuff. Look at History if you need to..Clinton, Kerry, Carter, Reagan. Comments like that show me how straight laced and conventional this guy is. I have HUNDREDS of people working for me in 26 countries, far more than the RP campaign, if one of my guys EVER sent out a message like that to my MARKETING people ( in this case that would be all of us..) he would be terminated. Instantly. By me. In a rage. Justifiable.
Those of you who think it's OK to raise 4m on two days just don't get how the media work. They wont' cover it. They just won't, already been done, they have that t shirt. Fundraisers should stay OUT of PR and Marketing. I do not believe for a single moment that Ron Paul knew that email was going out and my advice to everyone is to stay focused on the tea-party event.
If we raise 10m on that day it will be a shot heard around the world.
If we want to get RP into the White House it's time to take FULL, END2END responsibility to get this done and a big part of that is to recognize when execs are competent and not competent.
Oh, yeah..and while I'm at it..***K YOU FRANK..

Are people really trying to split the tea party up? WORST IDEA EVER!

I won't support it. I've committed to the 16th, and will not be distracted by the nonsense. If the campaign can't get it done with the money we raised so far, then they're not the campaign that they're advertising themselves as.

A $10 million dollar day on the 16th will get us far more critical exposure than any ads they run, period.