PDA

View Full Version : How do we keep this place up?

itshappening
01-23-2013, 09:09 AM
Josh, do you need donations? Please let us know what we can do to ensure that RPF is up and stable..

God forbid it goes down during an election or other urgent action :(

JoshLowry
01-23-2013, 09:18 AM
Yea, things would have been normal this last week but we had some outside interference and evidently hard drive problems.

Sorry about the downtime. I have brought a 3rd party on to do monitoring (not the NSA) for the next six months. That contract will renew if all goes well.

Don't need money at this time. Thanks.

itshappening
01-23-2013, 09:20 AM
Do you need $ because I would happy to donate to keep this place up and I'm sure others would as well :)

angelatc
01-23-2013, 09:34 AM
Josh has done a great job at keeping this place up. One hiccup in .... how many years now? 6 or 7? I am not in panic mode yet.

Carehn
01-23-2013, 09:40 AM
Glad its back. If the site goes down I feel as though I have been cut off from the world

Confederate
01-23-2013, 09:41 AM
I have brought a 3rd party on to do monitoring (not the NSA) for the next six months.

Oh great, now Danke is actually going to make money reporting AF's posts.

Confederate
01-23-2013, 09:41 AM
Josh, do you need donations? Please let us know what we can do to ensure that RPF is up and stable..

God forbid it goes down during an election or other urgent action :(

I hear Kit Dotcom offers great hosting at a very reasonable price.

tangent4ronpaul
01-23-2013, 09:42 AM
Just asking...

-t

youngbuck
01-23-2013, 09:43 AM
Yea, the several times I checked yesterday it was down. Was it hacked/attacked again?

paulbot24
01-23-2013, 09:44 AM
Glad its back. If the site goes down I feel as though I have been cut off from the world

Haha. Me too. The other day when I got the database error trying to come here my wife caught me just staring at the screen for a few minutes. She said I looked like a lost child. Pretty freaking hilarious.

ClydeCoulter
01-23-2013, 09:51 AM
Haha. Me too. The other day when I got the database error trying to come here my wife caught me just staring at the screen for a few minutes. She said I looked like a lost child. Pretty freaking hilarious.

I know, right? I had no excuse but to glaze those new windows (I hate glazing windows) I built for a historic house.

ghengis86
01-23-2013, 09:56 AM
Inquiring minds want to know...

Inkblots
01-23-2013, 09:56 AM
Well, it's definitely still unstable, at the least. Hopefully now that it's back up, page load speeds will be improved to the point that the recent plague of double posting will trail off a bit.

sailingaway
01-23-2013, 10:03 AM
Thanks, Josh! Let us know if you need anything!

sailingaway
01-23-2013, 10:07 AM
Josh said something about 'outside interference and a hard drive problem'.

KerriAnn
01-23-2013, 10:15 AM
I know, right? I had no excuse but to glaze those new windows (I hate glazing windows) I built for a historic house.

Ha! I felt a little lost too. I don't post much but I didn't get my morning fill of rpf news. I started daydreaming about conspiracy theories relating to the forums. Like the government took the site down in order to install software spy tracking devices on all of our computers. lol.

tangent4ronpaul
01-23-2013, 10:17 AM
Josh said something about 'outside interference and a hard drive problem'.

Could you elaborate?

Those are very different things...

Usually...

-t

heavenlyboy34
01-23-2013, 10:18 AM
Big Sister found out about us (thanks to danke), and now they're taking this place out one piece at a time. :(

tangent4ronpaul
01-23-2013, 10:20 AM
SPANK!

Whatcha got against Danke???

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-23-2013, 10:27 AM
There is a minor message board we used cira 2007-2008 that is still available, or Josh could set one up. For down times, diff net, diff server. Maybe 2 threads - general and lets gt the main board back up, this is what we are seeing... This is the status.

I can see ppl donating for a backup and it's not that hard to re-direct a IP if you are the owner.

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-23-2013, 10:28 AM
Or even twitter or DP w/ a hashtag... This isn't rocket science... just keeping ppl informed and if you need help..

-t

Pericles
01-23-2013, 10:33 AM

I actually got some work done. Not expecting that to be a habit ......

ronpaulfollower999
01-23-2013, 10:36 AM
Big Sister found out about us (thanks to danke), and now they're taking this place out one piece at a time. :(

Every time the lights go out, 10 members disappear to Camp Fema.

ronpaulfollower999
01-23-2013, 10:37 AM
There is a minor message board we used cira 2007-2008 that is still available, or Josh could set one up. For down times, diff net, diff server. Maybe 2 threads - general and lets gt the main board back up, this is what we are seeing... This is the status.

I can see ppl donating for a backup and it's not that hard to re-direct a IP if you are the owner.

-t

What was the minor one? I remember going to one back in 2007, I think right before I came here.

Henry Rogue
01-23-2013, 10:39 AM
I actually got in yesterday. Don't know why, but i couldn't navigate around worth a darn so I gave up trying. I don't know anything about computers or the internet, could it be a virus?

JoshLowry
01-23-2013, 10:40 AM
I actually got in yesterday. Don't know why, but i couldn't navigate around worth a darn so I gave up trying. I don't know anything about computers or the internet, could it be a virus?

No, we were working on it without turning it off. I don't believe you have anything to worry about at this time.

sailingaway
01-23-2013, 10:41 AM
What was the minor one? I remember going to one back in 2007, I think right before I came here.

I'd be interested too, if outsiders take this one down at a key organization point.

But I just waited for this one to come up.

sailingaway
01-23-2013, 10:41 AM
No, we were working on it without turning it off. I don't believe you have anything to worry about at this time.

Kay.

tangent4ronpaul
01-23-2013, 10:42 AM
Every time the lights go out, 10 members disappear to Camp Fema.

ROLL CALL!!!! LOL!

It was mentioned in a recent post about this issue. Remembered it. Went over and very few folks from here remembered it or noticed the link.

I don't remember the URL, but it's recent - considering downtime. I think in the suggestions sub-forum.

-t

paulbot24
01-23-2013, 10:43 AM
This site went down the same day the dailypaul was giving me malware re-directs so I started to wonder......then I thought, well there is only one way to find out. So I went to my address bar and typed in www.infowars.com and hit enter.....the page loaded and then I sat at waited.......and waited.......and waited......no helicopters......so far so good.

tangent4ronpaul
01-23-2013, 10:46 AM

kk - thanks!

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-23-2013, 10:49 AM
This site went down the same day the dailypaul was giving me malware re-directs so I started to wonder......then I thought, well there is only one way to find out. So I went to my address bar and typed in www.infowars.com and hit enter.....the page loaded and then I sat at waited.......and waited.......and waited......no helicopters......so far so good.

There is a little bit more going down here. Look at what is happening politically and the cut off of political pressure through the inability to organize and get a message out.

-t

Henry Rogue
01-23-2013, 10:50 AM
I wasn't thinking about RPF giving us a virus. I was thinking we might be giving RPF a virus with pulling all those pictures, videos, links and articles off the web and placing them here.

ronpaulfollower999
01-23-2013, 10:55 AM
ronpaulforum.com (without the s) is the site I discovered shortly before this one. Doesn't look like it exists anymore, but it did.

Time machine to Dec 2007. (http://web.archive.org/web/20071222191016/http://www.ronpaulforum.com/)

sailingaway
01-23-2013, 11:04 AM
Well, I was on twitter a lot, and on dp when I was going to explode if I didn't post something.... :p

but none of them are the same, imho.

Henry Rogue
01-23-2013, 11:26 AM
Well, I was on twitter a lot, and on dp when I was going to explode if I didn't post something.... :p

but none of them are the same, imho.
I went on DP for a while, but I'm not a member there. In fact this is the only place I'm a member. I don't like how the thread reads there, with responses to posts next to the post, instead of being in chronological order with quote reply bubbles. Plus I don't know anyone there, unless they are members here. I remember a post here after the first crash from JFK III i think, that told of another forum where they where hanging out, but I couldn't remember the name of it or find it. I also went on a Mises forum which i guess isn't going to exist for much longer, they are merging with another forum.

moostraks
01-23-2013, 11:32 AM
This site went down the same day the dailypaul was giving me malware re-directs so I started to wonder......then I thought, well there is only one way to find out. So I went to my address bar and typed in www.infowars.com and hit enter.....the page loaded and then I sat at waited.......and waited.......and waited......no helicopters......so far so good.:D

oyarde
01-23-2013, 12:18 PM
I went on DP for a while, but I'm not a member there. In fact this is the only place I'm a member. I don't like how the thread reads there, with responses to posts next to the post, instead of being in chronological order with quote reply bubbles. Plus I don't know anyone there, unless they are members here. I remember a post here after the first crash from JFK III i think, that told of another forum where they where hanging out, but I couldn't remember the name of it or find it. I also went on a Mises forum which i guess isn't going to exist for much longer, they are merging with another forum. No. 3 may have mentioned The Revolution Box Freedom Forums to you .

oyarde
01-23-2013, 12:18 PM
Every time the lights go out, 10 members disappear to Camp Fema. No Fema Camp for me.

Henry Rogue
01-23-2013, 12:44 PM
No. 3 may have mentioned The Revolution Box Freedom Forums to you . That's it, I couldn't think of the name.

Matt Collins
01-23-2013, 12:48 PM
The only request I have is that if possible perhaps a static front page could be posted with relevent information and "standby, we're working on it". It would help to put a lot of people's minds at ease.

Matt Collins
01-23-2013, 12:54 PM
If the site goes down I feel as though I have been cut off from the worldI was going through withdraws, going into convulsions, frothing at the mouth, entering comatose stage :p

On the other hand, I was quite productive yesterday :cool:

Matt Collins
01-23-2013, 12:54 PM
God forbid it goes down during an election or other urgent action :(you mean like October 2010? ;)

opal
01-24-2013, 06:40 AM
I also got a bunch of things done that needed doing

but I REEEEEALLY missed yall!

good to see the place back up and running
and so much to catch up on too

Anti Federalist
01-24-2013, 11:25 AM
Oh great, now Danke is actually going to make money reporting AF's posts.

Doomed...we're all doomed I tells ya.

liberalnurse
01-24-2013, 12:51 PM
you mean like October 2010? ;)

I remember that night clearly. We were still able to get into chat. I remember that all of a sudden you popped up on Skype or something at the top right of the screen. I was the first to notice and wrote, "OMG look up." What a good time that was. Probably one of the best nights I ever had here. Laughed until the tears were rolling down my cheeks. :)

osan
01-24-2013, 05:16 PM

It was good for me: I got under the house and got about 6 yards of earth shoveled out. Got new piers going in, then new concrete and before I know it, a full basement... assuming the house does not collapse into the hole I dug, first. :) Damned screw piles are $1400 apiece!