PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Window Smashed...

RockyWisdom
11-21-2007, 11:57 PM
Hello all, I have been an avid Paul supporter since the first debate...I run a tobacco store and I know most of my customers have a deep desire for less taxes and less government. Talking to my customers about Paul is like preaching to the choir.

Anyway, I gave a small portion of my storefront window to Dr. Paul...check out this photo of what I found this morning.

Now, I don't know for sure why this happened...but I wonder...

http://www.pipester.com/paul.jpg

Matt Collins
11-22-2007, 12:04 AM
That sucks. Is there much crime/vandalism in your area?

RockyWisdom
11-22-2007, 12:06 AM
That sucks. Is there much crime/vandalism in your area?

Almost none. I've had the store for two years and this is the first act of vandalism I've had.

Vvick727
11-22-2007, 12:07 AM
i hope it wasn't and doubt it was because of the paul support.
probably would've aimed at the paul sign otherwise

Ginobili
11-22-2007, 12:07 AM
Put up a Fred Thompson sign, and threaten to send them to Gitmo if they do it agian. Sure fire way to get rid of them.

edit: Yeah, I kidna have to agree with Vvick, you think they woulda aimed more for the Sign if it was the target. But who knows, people today are so messed up in the head...

angrydragon
11-22-2007, 12:08 AM
Damn that sucks.

Chester Copperpot
11-22-2007, 12:09 AM
WE should publish this and show people how its the Neocons version of Krystalnacht

RockyWisdom
11-22-2007, 12:11 AM
I'm sure I'm jumping to conclusions a bit. I wouldn't put it past some people though.

RockyWisdom
11-22-2007, 12:12 AM
WE should publish this and show people how its the Neocons version of Krystalnacht

The first thing I thought when I saw it this morning was "Wow, the beginnings of the Ron Paul Krystalnacht!"

PatriotOne
11-22-2007, 12:15 AM
Hopefully coincidental but sure can't blame you for thinking otherwise. Ron's success is sure making alot of people off. The smell of fear is getting really bad. We are definately in the attack stage of Ghandi's list. Sorry about youir window. What a pain in the butt.

Matt Collins
11-22-2007, 12:43 AM
Well... after this I would be exercising my 2nd Amendment Rights :D

RockyWisdom
11-22-2007, 01:07 AM
Well... after this I would be exercising my 2nd Amendment Rights :D

I should while I still have them. I'm sitting in the store right now...I'm camping out here the next few nights with my bat.

Spirit of '76
11-22-2007, 01:15 AM
Oh, man. I'm sorry to hear about your store.

I'm a pipe and cigar smoker myself, so I really hate to see that.

seapilot
11-22-2007, 01:16 AM
Maybe it was a nicotine addict and was mad you were closed?

Paulitician
11-22-2007, 01:32 AM
That sucks. You don't have a camera in front of your store or something?

RockyWisdom
11-22-2007, 01:59 AM
Maybe it was a nicotine addict and was mad you were closed?

Perhaps...nicfits are nasty.

That sucks. You don't have a camera in front of your store or something?

I actually have two. I unplugged them a month ago because I no longer felt comfortable recording my customers. I would rather deal with this stuff and protect the privacy of my community. That may sound strange...I don't know...

Paul's campaign has opened my eyes to how I want my government and community managed, I think it starts with the actions of citizens.

devil21
11-22-2007, 02:27 AM
Your smashed window wasn't because of Ron Paul.

RockyWisdom
11-22-2007, 02:48 AM
Your smashed window wasn't because of Ron Paul.

I posted the photo because of the half dozen windows I have exposed, this one gets the smack. Is the sticker in the window a possible explanation? Yes. Probable? No.

At any rate, neither of us knows for sure.

freelance
11-22-2007, 07:33 AM
It could also be the anti-smoking crazies.

CurtisLow
11-22-2007, 11:01 AM
Thats sucks.. I would plug the cams back in and get a bigger Ron Paul sign.

Matt Collins
11-22-2007, 12:14 PM
I'm an amature so I smoke an Acid (cigar) every once in a while.

What can you tell me about Mixture 79 and Burley for pipes? My uncle said he used to smoke that back in the day and I am curious what you know about it.

Spirit of '76
11-22-2007, 07:00 PM
I'm an amature so I smoke an Acid (cigar) every once in a while.

What can you tell me about Mixture 79 and Burley for pipes? My uncle said he used to smoke that back in the day and I am curious what you know about it.

Mix 79 is a Burley, and not a very good one IMHO. Maybe it was better back in the day, and has just gone down hill like a lot of blends have. There are better drug-store Burleys to be had.

Then again, I'm not a big Burley smoker. I really prefer Virginias and English blends.

Squadron Leader and Three Nuns are my two favorite blends. As far as Burley's go, Orlik's Dark Strong Kentucky is a good one.

More info on Mix 79 @ tobaccoreviews.com:
http://tobaccoreviews.com/blend_detail.cfm?ALPHA=M&TID=2530

pcosmar
11-22-2007, 07:19 PM
Spirit of '76
Very sorry to hear, I hope you can find out who dun it.
One of the things I miss about Key West was the good cigars.
Hand rolled by a blind old Cuban Master, rolled on the thigh of a virgin.
Good Cigars.

max
11-22-2007, 07:25 PM
90% probabilty that this was the work of a hannitized neo-con...

believe me...these people HATE Ron Paul

Matt Collins
11-22-2007, 07:40 PM
Mix 79 is a Burley, and not a very good one IMHO. Maybe it was better back in the day, and has just gone down hill like a lot of blends have. There are better drug-store Burleys to be had.

Then again, I'm not a big Burley smoker. I really prefer Virginias and English blends.

Squadron Leader and Three Nuns are my two favorite blends. As far as Burley's go, Orlik's Dark Strong Kentucky is a good one.

More info on Mix 79 @ tobaccoreviews.com:
http://tobaccoreviews.com/blend_detail.cfm?ALPHA=M&TID=2530What I'm looking for is a very good almost sweet smell. I remember smelling it from my uncle when I was a child growing up.

kill the banks
11-22-2007, 07:57 PM
What I'm looking for is a very good almost sweet smell. I remember smelling it from my uncle when I was a child growing up.

hmmm , my grandfather used to put a piece of apple in his and i got hooked ... i like apple pipe tobacco as it never bites and aroma is a little sweet but not overpowering ... also good as a mix to sweeten your present brand

sorry about your store window

kill the banks

1LBRT
11-22-2007, 08:06 PM
Our competition is not civil. Man, that hurts.

austin356
11-22-2007, 08:29 PM
This is the work of the Hannitized.

I parked the other day at a relatives house on the curb (they live in a ultra "conservative" neighborhood in MS), and my Ron Paul magnet suddenly comes up missing. These magnets do not fall off the car, even going 150 mph.

I had to twice help a guy in my meetup group get a new yardsign after big-government republicans stole his twice. The only solution turned out to be to put a big 4x8 up 30 ft into a tree. :)

Matt Collins
11-22-2007, 08:43 PM
These magnets do not fall off the car, even going 150 mph. You know from experience? :D

I had to twice help a guy in my meetup group get a new yardsign after big-government republicans stole his twice.

That is PATHETIC. Absolutely ridiculous that people don't respect others' property rights. If I were him I would setup another yard sign that is easily stolen and then sit back in the shadow while exercising the 2nd Amendment. :D

Benaiah
11-23-2007, 03:34 AM
//

Wendi
11-23-2007, 10:52 AM
I don't think Houston is immune to that, either.

I got rear-ended a few months ago while driving to work. I was slowing down to make a turn into a parking lot, and the car behind me slowed, then SPED UP and slammed into my back bumper.

I pulled into the parking lot, the car followed... by the time I rolled my manual window down, she was screaming about the fact that I'm an idiot for slowing down to make a turn and people like me shouldn't be on the road. As I got out to survey the damage, she sped off.

I couldn't catch the license plate, because I was too busy looking at her back bumper: Hillary2008 on one side, and "Republicans" with the "no" symbol on the other.

Now, it could just be a coincidence, but... :mad:

P.S. My truck wasn't damaged. Don't know if the same can be said for the front bumper of her small foreign car. One can only hope there was poetic justice when she got home...

sickmint79
11-23-2007, 12:22 PM
i'd put up a bigger sign and a camera.