PDA

View Full Version : Police Union Calls Criminal Charge in Dog Shooting ‘Outrageous’

RonPaulFanInGA
01-21-2013, 11:31 PM
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/01/16/police-union-calls-criminal-charge-in-dog-shooting-outrageous/

COMMERCE CITY, Colo. (CBS4) – Colorado’s largest police organization, the Fraternal Order of Police, is calling a criminal charge against a Commerce City police officer who shot and killed a dog “outrageous” and the result “of a sensationalized media event.”

Commerce City Police Officer Robert Price shot and killed the dog, Chloe, on Nov. 24 after police received a call of a loose dog.

The incident was videotaped by a neighbor with a cellphone and went viral. Animal activists were furious at the shooting feeling it was unjustified and unnecessary. A month after the shooting, the Adams County District Attorney’s Office announced that Price was being charged with one count of aggravated cruelty to animals, a felony.

aGameOfThrones
01-21-2013, 11:44 PM
the Fraternal Order of Police, is calling a criminal charge against a Commerce City police officer who shot and killed a dog “outrageous” and the result “of a sensationalized media event.”

The Fraternal Order of Police further commented, "it's not like it was a police dog".

tod evans
01-22-2013, 01:52 AM
From CBS;

“It is our opinion these officers did nothing wrong and are unfortunate victims of a sensationalized media event,” Violette wrote. “This matter should never have been referred to the district attorney’s office by the department. It is obvious to us that the involved officials felt the media and public focus being brought to bear on their decisions regarding this matter, and as a result found it easier to act in the manner they did rather than do the right thing in this case.”

As one of the unwashed public I'd like to call for Violettes head on a pike.

If this moron can actually watch what those cops did and then try to justify their actions then he is one of the idiots responsible for this type of behavior by cops.

Anti Federalist
01-22-2013, 02:02 AM

I posted this story about a week ago...but...

The Fraternal Order of Police further commented, "it's not like it was a police dog".

Is that a real quote that I missed, or snark?

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-22-2013, 03:34 AM

latter it's not in the article

aGameOfThrones
01-23-2013, 04:24 PM

I used the po po dictionary and translated what the fraternal order of police were saying.

phill4paul
01-23-2013, 04:28 PM

The fact that you have to ask speaks volumes.

Henry Rogue
01-23-2013, 05:18 PM
I wonder how long before the LE union lobby to get video recording LE in Colorado illegal.