PDA

View Full Version : I contacted my representatives an law enforcement regarding "assault rifles" and magazines

Philhelm
01-20-2013, 10:34 PM
I have contacted my representatives regarding any potential "assault rifle" ban or arbitrary magazine capacity limit. So far, both Senators were against such proposals, and Congressman Yoder was against such proposals.

The Sheriff of Johnson County had a statement on his website that he would not enforce such a law.

Finally, I emailed the Overland Park Police Department Chief of Police asking if the Department would enforce such a law or assist federal law enforcement agencies. Response pending.

Aeroneous
01-21-2013, 02:52 AM
I'm actually quite pleased with our state representatives. We've had quite a bit of success with making firearms laws more lenient toward self defense, much of which I hear can be attributed to the lobbying of the Kansas Rifle Association. In Wichita, the police are pretty supportive of concealed carry. Often times police officers will assist instructors and provide advice (actual common sense stuff) during firearms classes. A lot of people give Wichita PD crap, but my experiences with them have been pretty good.

Roberts and Moran have both spoken out against gun control, but they've also voted against the 4th Amendment Protection Act and the revisions to NDAA '12. Not really all that pleased with our Senators. My rep, Mike Pompeo, has been outspoken against gun control and the UN gun registration issues. Admittedly, I do not know much else about his positions.

Philhelm
01-21-2013, 12:28 PM
Also, Overland Park, Johnson County, recently reinstated open carry. Any other flaws aside, at least we're not the State of New York.

Aeroneous
01-21-2013, 05:08 PM
Also, Overland Park, Johnson County, recently reinstated open carry. Any other flaws aside, at least we're not the State of New York.

As did Sedgwick County.

I don't miss CA at all... KS is wonderful by comparison.

Aeroneous
01-21-2013, 05:08 PM
Double post.