PDA

View Full Version : Report: Fan stabbed after 49ers-Falcons game in Atlanta

cajuncocoa
01-20-2013, 08:06 PM
So much for those patdowns at NFL games, huh?

A fan that attended the NFC Championship (http://www.csnbayarea.com/sportsnetBayArea/search/football/nfc-championship.htm)Game between the 49ers and Falcons in Atlanta was stabbed and transported to a local hospital, according to a report.

WSB-TV in Atlanta reports (http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/fan-fight-leaves-1-injured/nT3Nm/) that a fan was stabbed in the neck after an argument started while fans were exiting the Georgia Dome (http://www.csnbayarea.com/sportsnetBayArea/search/football/georgia-dome.htm) following the 49ers' 28-24 win over the Falcons.

A witness told a WSB-TV reporter that a Falcons fan started arguing with a 49ers fan in a stadium parking lot, then punched the 49ers supporter, who responded by revealing a knife.

The initial report does not clarify which participant ended up suffering the stab wound and the condition of the victim is unknown.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/report-fan-stabbed-after-49ers-falcons-game-atlanta

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-20-2013, 08:11 PM
stadium parking lot

I could say more, but won't.

SpreadOfLiberty
01-20-2013, 08:12 PM
Gun control is needed.

JK/SEA
01-20-2013, 08:33 PM
isn't stuff like this similar to jay walking?...

meh...time for Hockey.

JK/SEA
01-20-2013, 08:33 PM

meh...time for Hockey.

BAllen
01-20-2013, 08:41 PM
Gun control is needed.

YEAH, BAN THOSE DAM GUNS!!!
Oh, wait! It was a knife. :(
KNIFE CONTROL!!!

cajuncocoa
01-20-2013, 08:43 PM

meh...time for Hockey.I don't do hockey. :D

The reason I posted the story is because it proves 2 things: (1) the "security" that fans have to put up with to enter an NFL stadium didn't work...both of the people involved in the fight were leaving the game when the fight began, and (2) banning guns isn't going to do a damned thing to curtail violent attacks.

UpperDecker
01-20-2013, 08:51 PM
Of course a 49er fan stabbed somebody in the neck lol. I live in the Bay Area and I knew that, even though the game was in Atlanta, the 49er fan was not the victim. No surprise here.

Edit: just saw that they don't know who was the victim. My statement still stands as the 49er fan was the one brandishing the weapon.

cajuncocoa
01-20-2013, 08:57 PM
Of course a 49er fan stabbed somebody in the neck lol. I live in the Bay Area and I knew that, even though the game was in Atlanta, the 49er fan was not the victim. No surprise here.

Edit: just saw that they don't know who was the victim. My statement still stands as the 49er fan was the one brandishing the weapon.Last year (and in Atlanta, go figure) after the 49ers beat the Saints, a Saints fan shot 2 49er fans in Applebee's. I don't think the Saints fan was a victim in that incident, unless you count the outcome of the game.

jim49er
01-20-2013, 10:08 PM
Go niners and knife control.

UpperDecker
01-20-2013, 10:24 PM
Last year (and in Atlanta, go figure) after the 49ers beat the Saints, a Saints fan shot 2 49er fans in Applebee's. I don't think the Saints fan was a victim in that incident, unless you count the outcome of the game.

Yikes, I don't remember hearing about that one. It is so sad to see so much violence over a game that these people aren't involved in. I just can't comprehend how people can take this stuff so far.

Philhelm
01-20-2013, 10:37 PM
Go Knifers! Ban football!

ghengis86
01-20-2013, 10:44 PM
Yikes, I don't remember hearing about that one. It is so sad to see so much violence over a game that these people aren't involved in. I just can't comprehend how people can take this stuff so far.

It actually makes perfect sense. Their individualism and personal identity has been removed and thus, they can only feel whole if they are part of some group. They live such extremely fake and vapid lives that they must attach themselves to external things to give their lives meaning. They identify with a football team as they would a family member. Insult the team and you're insulting them directly. I'm not surprised at all when knives and bullets fly after sporting events. It is a perfectly reasonable outcome when you turn people into empty bottles, yearning to be filled with the next great slogan, fad or fashion. The hard drive reformatting is nearly complete.

devil21
01-21-2013, 02:54 AM
Im sure plenty of booze was involved. Ban booze! Oh wait.

Demigod
01-21-2013, 03:11 AM
It actually makes perfect sense. Their individualism and personal identity has been removed and thus, they can only feel whole if they are part of some group. They live such extremely fake and vapid lives that they must attach themselves to external things to give their lives meaning. They identify with a football team as they would a family member. Insult the team and you're insulting them directly. I'm not surprised at all when knives and bullets fly after sporting events. It is a perfectly reasonable outcome when you turn people into empty bottles, yearning to be filled with the next great slogan, fad or fashion. The hard drive reformatting is nearly complete.

You mean like 90% do the same here with a political philosophy and some individuals that represent it.And there have been cases where people on this forum would say that they do not speak anymore with most of their relatives because of politics.If you ask me that is much more insane then fighting over sports.

Not to even start how timid US fans are compare with well almost everyone else.

Demigod
01-21-2013, 03:12 AM
delete