PDA

View Full Version : The last days of US empire

Lucille
01-20-2013, 12:27 PM
The last days of US empire
http://voxday.blogspot.com/2013/01/blog-post.html

And both its soldiers and its enemies know it:

[...]
“Last month,” said one tribal elder from Gandamak, “some American officers called us to a hotel in Jalalabad for a meeting. One of them asked me, 'Why do you hate us?’ I replied, 'Because you blow down our doors, enter our houses, pull our women by the hair and kick our children. We cannot accept this. We will fight back, and we will break your teeth, and when your teeth are broken you will leave, just as the British left before you. It is just a matter of time.”’

“What did he say to that?”

“He turned to his friend and said, 'If the old men are like this, what will the younger ones be like?’ In truth, all the Americans here know their game is over. It is just their politicians who deny this.”

“These are the last days of the Americans,” said the other elder. “Next it will be China.”

Americans who still contort their minds and imaginations to justify their foreign empire are ignorant of history and blind to historical patterns. Now what was obvious to a few skeptics like me is becoming increasingly obvious to everyone around the world.

The collapse of the Soviet Union led to an unwarranted hubris on the part of Americans, particularly the pro-empire ruling class, because the "Morning in America" of the 1980s was a false dawn funded by credit expansion, not genuinely increasing wealth. In retrospect, the retreat from Vietnam and the Iranian hostage crisis appear to have marked the true inflection point.

kathy88
01-20-2013, 12:29 PM
It really is so simple to understand. It constantly amazes me though, the huge number of Americans that approve of our FP.

mad cow
01-20-2013, 01:08 PM
Over?Didn't we just send troops to Africa to create 35 new hotspots?

thoughtomator
01-20-2013, 01:22 PM
I love how they are already planning their revolt against a Chinese occupation that hasn't happened yet. That kind of long-term vision is nearly absent in the West.

acptulsa
01-20-2013, 01:44 PM
Back when they had territory in almost every time zone, the British used to say, 'The sun never sets on the British Empire.'

Perhaps they thought it never would. It did.

cheapseats
01-20-2013, 03:57 PM
Back when they had territory in almost every time zone, the British used to say, 'The sun never sets on the British Empire.'

Perhaps they thought it never would. It did.

Alas, not without violence.

Certainly America did not peaceably kinda-cut the cord with the monarchical British Empire. It wasn't ALLOWED.

JFK: "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

Thomas Davis, Irish Revolutionary: "As well might you leave the fairies to plough your land or the idle winds to sow it, as sit down and wait for freedom.”

oyarde
01-20-2013, 09:38 PM
The fall of the Roman Empire was similar aswhatis spoken of here .Over extended .