PDA

View Full Version : On left-leaning Reddit, buyers remorse.........

phill4paul
01-20-2013, 11:28 AM
http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/16wjb6/bill_clinton_to_democrats_dont_trivialize_gun/

crash331 103 points 10 hours ago

I don't get it either. I have been an Obama supporter since he first came on the scene and I live in rural Georgia. I have been telling my family for years that he isn't going to enact gun control because it would be political suicide. They kept telling me "As soon as he gets a second term, he's gonna terk mah guns!"
I kept telling them they were paranoid.
Obama has made me look like a fucking uneducated idiot in front of my redneck family, most of whom didn't graduate high school. And I fucking hate him for it. I regret voting for him, even though I would have never voted for Romney.
Nothing is going to get accomplished and all it's going to do is assure republican victories in the midterms. Although at this point, that idea is not as disappointing as it was 2 months ago.
permalinkparent
[–]aepyx 47 points 9 hours ago

I have to reply to this as the exact same thing happened to me. I even pointed out that Obama signed a bill that allowed the concealed carry in national parks.. now I am finding myself writing my reps in congress to vote against the guy I helped vote into office.. I am regretting my decision now too.

MorganFreemanAsSatan 27 points 9 hours ago

I have the same damn experience. I voted for Obama, and sincerely believed that he was too smart to push for gun control -- I called others ignorant when they said he would push for second-term gun control. Then he did. And I was wrong.
Fuck.
If I could, I would un-donate. This is not the politician that I thought I was supporting...

thinkB4Uact 105 points 11 hours ago

I just don't understand why the left feels that now is the time to burn their political capital restricting guns. The assault weapons ban didn't decrease gun violence in a statistically significant way. Gun violence is on the decline. The lion's share of gun deaths come from pistols and few people want to go as far as to ban pistols.
Is it the barrage of mass shootings plastered all over television that's making us lose our sense? Would the shooters have been stopped had existing laws been enforced or new ones enacted? What new laws? Are we just putting a band-aid on a bullet wound to make us collectively feel better so that we can move on? That's not good enough. If we want to have an effect on gun violence we need to be smarter and less emotionally reactive.

Many examples. Lol. Buyers remorse.

acptulsa
01-20-2013, 12:00 PM
I've long felt that we'd do well to emphasize what a Republican this asshole is. Of course, the more we emphasize Libya, Somalia and Yemen the more the press ignores them. And this doesn't help.

But it would make a fun batch of new 'Obama Then vs. Obama Now' videos.

itshappening
01-20-2013, 12:30 PM
Plouffe thinks Obama has 60 votes in the Senate for an assault weapons ban.

Absolute joke...

Are the red state Democrats up for re-election really going to support an assault weapons ban?

acptulsa
01-20-2013, 12:33 PM

Absolute joke...

Are the red state Democrats up for re-election really going to support an assault weapons ban?

One of the Sunday Morning Blather shows quoted three of them this morning. And two out of three Democratic Senators agree--when Washington is up to something that won't play back home, the libertarian catchphrase of 'no one size fits all laws' is just the thing for a Democrat to use.

belian78
01-20-2013, 12:35 PM
I frequent reddit for the stories and funny pix, but thats site's politics are stomach turning. I can almost assure you these redditors are in the tiny minority and were probably downvoted into oblivion.

fr33
01-20-2013, 01:09 PM
I frequent reddit for the stories and funny pix, but thats site's politics are stomach turning. I can almost assure you these redditors are in the tiny minority and were probably downvoted into oblivion.That link posted in the OP must be the exception to the rule. I was surprised how many commentors were against gun control but said they supported Obama.

Lord Xar
01-20-2013, 02:06 PM
The dems are gonna politicize guns and make it a Repub vs. Dem thing... and with Dems riding high on the hog with their Obama win, they will have more leverage. The repubs and others need to make the point, and dramatically - that Gun Rights are EVERY americans right, and not just GoP'ers.... etc.. Where are all the prominent Dems are who for gun rights? Where are they in this conversation?

But of course, the Repubs will muck this up too. They have no sense of tact.

acptulsa
01-20-2013, 02:19 PM
But of course, the Repubs will muck this up too. They have no sense of tact.

Yes, Republicans will muck up the message that everyone has the right to bear arms, not just Republicans. And no, they won't have tact.

But those particular Republicans aren't there to see to our rights. They're there to divide us against ourselves so that we can be conquered by our own allegedly republican government. Once you accept this ugly fact, suddenly everything they do makes perfect sense.

Expatriate
01-20-2013, 02:26 PM
I frequent reddit for the stories and funny pix, but thats site's politics are stomach turning. I can almost assure you these redditors are in the tiny minority and were probably downvoted into oblivion.

Reddit used to be a lot more enjoyable for me a few years back before it became so "popular".

osan
01-20-2013, 08:32 PM

Absolute joke...

Hope Hussein has 'em. Hope they pass it. No more slow burn. Let them stab over the line with vigor so we may see what this nation is REALLY about today because the suspense has gone so​ stale.

Philhelm
01-20-2013, 09:15 PM
Hope Hussein has 'em. Hope they pass it. No more slow burn. Let them stab over the line with vigor so we may see what this nation is REALLY about today because the suspense has gone so​ stale.

Agreed. I'm getting bored.

Philhelm
01-20-2013, 09:16 PM

Agreed. I'm getting bored.

Philhelm
01-20-2013, 09:16 PM

Agreed. I'm starting to get bored.

Philhelm
01-20-2013, 10:28 PM
Holy shit! Triple post! I win the Internet!

phill4paul
01-20-2013, 10:54 PM
Holy shit! Triple post! I win the Internet!

Witness!

Peace Piper
01-20-2013, 11:13 PM
Obama has made me look like a fucking uneducated idiot in front of my redneck family, most of whom didn't graduate high school. And I fucking hate him for it. I regret voting for him, even though I would have never voted for Romney. Nothing is going to get accomplished and all it's going to do is assure republican victories in the midterms. Although at this point, that idea is not as disappointing as it was 2 months ago..

Simply Wonderful! I'm going to pin this to my desktop so I can read it every time I can't get to the volume control in time to mute the jug eared drone bombing grinning liar.

It's so much fun I'm going to post it again! Woo Hoo!

Obama has made me look like a fucking uneducated idiot in front of my redneck family, most of whom didn't graduate high school. And I fucking hate him for it. I regret voting for him, even though I would have never voted for Romney. Nothing is going to get accomplished and all it's going to do is assure republican victories in the midterms. Although at this point, that idea is not as disappointing as it was 2 months ago..

If only his family could now ask him if he has somehow turned into a racist.

phill4paul
01-20-2013, 11:30 PM
Simply Wonderful! I'm going to pin this to my desktop so I can read it every time I can't get to the volume control in time to mute the jug eared drone bombing grinning liar.

It's so much fun I'm going to post it again! Woo Hoo!

If only his family could now ask him if he has somehow turned into a racist.

Isn't that just side splitting grand? This buyers remorse is something to see.

tangent4ronpaul
01-21-2013, 04:26 AM
http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Animals/Cats/cheshire_cat.gif

-t

tod evans
01-21-2013, 06:00 AM
I've gotta wonder if any of these folks think it would have been different under puppet "R"......

I don't see this as a partisan gun grab, instead see it as an establishment gun grab.

There's no doubt in my mind that if "R" had won the election the exact same results would have been sought.

The methods may have been different but in the end the results would be the same.