PDA

View Full Version : (Sarcasm) The Latest Ron Paul FRAUD

Matt Collins
11-21-2007, 11:12 PM
Newspapers and TV shows have been buzzing with reports that libertarian Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul raised over 4 million dollars in just 24 hours, on November 5.

If true, that would be the largest amount of money any Republican presidential candidate this year has raised in a single day. In fact, that's remarkably close to the most successful presidential fundraising day ever in American history: John Kerry's $5.7 million -- and that happened only after Kerry accepted the Democratic presidential nomination, not in the days before the primaries.

But of course this cannot be true. It has to be some kind of trick.

After all, every savvy political observer knows that Ron Paul has just a handful of fanatical supporters.

When he started winning virtually all of the online polls, it was clear this was the work of just a few pro-Paul nuts, with computers and far too much time on their hands, endlessly spamming the polls.

When Technorati, which ranks popularity in the blogosphere, announced that "Ron Paul" was the number one Internet search term, that was obviously just more spam trickery by the miniscule but diabolically active Paul cult. When Ron Paul's YouTube channel reached over 30,000 subscribers last month -- far more than any other presidential candidate, and making him his channel the 39th most popular YouTube channel of all time -- it was just more of the same.

When he won almost every phone-in poll after each nationally-televised debate, once again it was clear to all right-thinking observers that it had to be the same few Ron Paul fanatics, dialing over and over again, somehow getting past blockers the networks put in place to make that impossible.

When he started winning or scoring high in numerous local GOP straw polls, it was obviously just the same tiny crew, now frantically traveling state to state and using false IDs to make it appear Paul had lots of supporters. No doubt this same handful are the ones who greet Ron Paul, cheering and waving signs, wherever he goes.

The more than 1,000 Ron Paul meet-up groups, in over 800 cities, who have put on over 12,000 events so far... just more trickery and manipulation by this small but determined band.

Ditto for the countless thousands of handmade Ron Paul signs that have seemingly popped up spontaneously across the country. The tiny Paul cabal probably does it while they're racing across the country to keep up with Paul's campaign appearances.

I frankly haven't figured out yet how this small group of isolated loners and fringe crazies, as they're often described, has managed to fool everyone into believing they raised over four million dollars in one day. But it obviously must be just another trick.

Because, if it's not a trick, it would mean that Ron Paul -- and his libertarian message of peace, civil liberties, economic freedom and limited government -- has far greater support than much of the media has ever imagined.

And that couldn't be true.

Could it?

me3
11-21-2007, 11:14 PM
Dude, you know where the bad reporting forum is. Please, folks are trying to organize for the primaries.

We're in the attack phase, get used to it.

curtisag
11-21-2007, 11:17 PM
They think that roar in the background is just the sea. A gathering storm approaches the shores of the mainstream media, yet they are blind to it.

CMoore
11-21-2007, 11:19 PM
Can you say, "irony"? I knew you could.

Energy
11-21-2007, 11:21 PM
Dude, you know where the bad reporting forum is. Please, folks are trying to organize for the primaries.

RTFA .. oh wait.... RTA :)

Original_Intent
11-21-2007, 11:22 PM

This isn't bad reporting. This is a great article.

moonbat
11-21-2007, 11:23 PM
RTFA .. oh wait.... RTA :)

:D yup

Mandrik
11-21-2007, 11:24 PM
I love this article.

LFOD
11-21-2007, 11:27 PM

Oy. That was a sarcastic, supportive piece. And who nominated you to police the forums, anyway? I see your name in countless threads telling people to post here or there.

Son of Freedom
11-21-2007, 11:27 PM
Satire, gotta love it.

me3
11-21-2007, 11:28 PM
This isn't bad reporting. This is a great article.
Great, whatever subjective measure people want to use. Then it probably goes in the News forum.

W/E.

Quantumystic
11-21-2007, 11:56 PM
Newspapers and TV shows have been buzzing with reports that libertarian Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul raised over 4 million dollars in just 24 hours, on November 5.

If true, that would be the largest amount of money any Republican presidential candidate this year has raised in a single day. In fact, that's remarkably close to the most successful presidential fundraising day ever in American history: John Kerry's $5.7 million -- and that happened only after Kerry accepted the Democratic presidential nomination, not in the days before the primaries.

But of course this cannot be true. It has to be some kind of trick.

After all, every savvy political observer knows that Ron Paul has just a handful of fanatical supporters.

When he started winning virtually all of the online polls, it was clear this was the work of just a few pro-Paul nuts, with computers and far too much time on their hands, endlessly spamming the polls.

When Technorati, which ranks popularity in the blogosphere, announced that "Ron Paul" was the number one Internet search term, that was obviously just more spam trickery by the miniscule but diabolically active Paul cult. When Ron Paul's YouTube channel reached over 30,000 subscribers last month -- far more than any other presidential candidate, and making him his channel the 39th most popular YouTube channel of all time -- it was just more of the same.

When he won almost every phone-in poll after each nationally-televised debate, once again it was clear to all right-thinking observers that it had to be the same few Ron Paul fanatics, dialing over and over again, somehow getting past blockers the networks put in place to make that impossible.

When he started winning or scoring high in numerous local GOP straw polls, it was obviously just the same tiny crew, now frantically traveling state to state and using false IDs to make it appear Paul had lots of supporters. No doubt this same handful are the ones who greet Ron Paul, cheering and waving signs, wherever he goes.

The more than 1,000 Ron Paul meet-up groups, in over 800 cities, who have put on over 12,000 events so far... just more trickery and manipulation by this small but determined band.

Ditto for the countless thousands of handmade Ron Paul signs that have seemingly popped up spontaneously across the country. The tiny Paul cabal probably does it while they're racing across the country to keep up with Paul's campaign appearances.

I frankly haven't figured out yet how this small group of isolated loners and fringe crazies, as they're often described, has managed to fool everyone into believing they raised over four million dollars in one day. But it obviously must be just another trick.

Because, if it's not a trick, it would mean that Ron Paul -- and his libertarian message of peace, civil liberties, economic freedom and limited government -- has far greater support than much of the media has ever imagined.

And that couldn't be true.

Could it?

AARRRGGHH!!!!!!!!!

Don't you people do your research?

Speaking of "FRAUD":

#1: Mitt Romeny- $6.5 million. NO. FEC filings prove the ONE day event was $3.147 million.

#2: Hillary Clinton- $6.2 million. NO. FEC filings prove the ONE day event was $2.6 million.

#3: John Kerry- $5.7 million. NO. FEC filings prove the ONE day event was $2.7 million.

THIS is why Jonathan Bydlack is just plain wrong on the issue of the Money Bombs. He's a great "numbers" guy, but he has serious challenges when it comes to the Human Psychology behind campaigns and "bragging rights".

The TeaParty MUST be so huge and prominent that it obliterates ALL PERCEPTION of ANYONE ELSE but Ron Paul. There's very narrow window of opportunity to stay in the Psychological Intimidation phase of the public campaign before it moves to the really heavy mudslinging.

During this time, with a HUGE haul, The Revolution can get the upper hand. The "Fat Lady" doesn't sing until the delegates vote. January 3rd and 8th. Think about it. The TeaParty is a week before Americans all across the country have family gatherings for the holidays. With a $7-12 MILLION one day haul for Ron Paul being the Shocker news everywhere. THAT is a major "conversation starter" AND "legitimizer" for the campaign. The fact that then RP is THE top fundraising candidate of ALL.

In WWII, the U.S. used a never-before seen weapon. TWICE. And it cemented the power of our country across the planet. We have a similar opportunity. The Money Bomb. We dropped the "Little Boy". Time to drop the "Fat Man"... and likewise cement the power of The Revolution in support of Ron Paul.

Revolution9
11-22-2007, 12:38 AM
Oy. That was a sarcastic, supportive piece. And who nominated you to police the forums, anyway? I see your name in countless threads telling people to post here or there.

And seeming to want important info deep sixed quickly and off the front pages.. Slam this shit disturber (me3) hard until they stop. They are a thread derailer.

This was an excellent read Matt. Ben Franklin would print this in his Almanacs.

Randy.

michaelwise
11-22-2007, 12:42 AM
Someone should dig some dirt up on Ron and give it to his competition for mudslinging. This would surely be covered in the MSM and give Ron the name recognition he needs.

Quantumystic
11-22-2007, 12:48 AM
Someone should dig some dirt up on Ron and give it to his competition for mudslinging. This would surely be covered in the MSM and give Ron the name recognition he needs.

First, there is NO "dirt" on The Doctor.

Second, this was a ridiculous idea. But you do get points for thinking "outside the box".

newmedia4ron
11-22-2007, 12:55 AM
This HAS to be satire.
Ron Paul is a board advisor for the the advocates.

If not this is the most absurd and therefore funniest thing ever.

Are you registered?
Are you a delegate?
Have you applied to be a Poll Worker and/or Vote Count Watcher?
Do you know your polling place?
Have you recruited other supporters to become delegates?
Have you circulated a petition?
Have you verified (from the horse’s mouth) that Ron Paul will be on your state’s ballot?
Do you attend GOP meetings (township - county – state)?
Have you canvassed collecting names and phone numbers and sent it to HQ?
Have you promoted Ron Paul to Christian media and ProLife groups?
Do you ask your local television stations to profile/interview Ron Paul?
Do you write letters to you local newspapers?
Have you promoted Ron Paul at gunshows, anti-war rallies, prolife meetings, etc?
Have you passed out registration forms to young supporters?
Do you call talk radio shows and pitch Ron Paul?
Do you have the names, addresses, and phone numbers of your meetup members to be ready to mobilize when needed?
Have you hit the streets passing out DVDs/literature?
Have you sent letters to celebrities asking for an endorsement?
Have you attempted to get your local public access channel to play Ron Paul videos such as his previous interviews in public access shows?
Is your meetup inactive? Then do canvassing/lit drops by yourself.
Have you requested “street lists” of registered voters?

michaelwise
11-22-2007, 12:55 AM
First, there is NO "dirt" on The Doctor.

Second, this was a ridiculous idea. But you do get points for thinking "outside the box".Thanks. I'm trying to cover all the angles.

DealzOnWheelz
11-22-2007, 01:51 AM
I love the little boy & fat man comparison

Matt Collins
11-22-2007, 12:35 PM
This HAS to be satire.

Of course it is!! Sheesh - and I thought I was dense! :rolleyes:

Pharoah
11-22-2007, 01:51 PM
I admit, it's tough work jogging all over the USA, hefting a 250lb holographic projector to make it appear that vast crowds turn out for Ron Paul. I'm not sure which is harder - staying one step ahead of the NSA - who seem very keen to get their top-secret tech' back, or keeping up with RP's schedule!

strategos
11-23-2007, 02:52 PM
where can I direct my hatemail?

Matt Collins
12-06-2007, 09:26 PM
where can I direct my hatemail?

It was just a joke dude. The original author LIKES Ron Paul.