PDA

View Full Version : PuffHo - Rand Paul spouting debunked conspiracy theories.

Anti Federalist
01-19-2013, 12:58 PM
I notice that they do not "debunk" what he is saying, really.

In fact they do what government and their official organs usually do in a case like this: holler and wheeze about "loony conspiracy theorists" and then quietly announce that "why are you all worked up, we've been doing this for years already" or "this is unlikely".

Rand is 100% correct on this, once government starts rooting around and keeping cross referenced databases on your medical records, you can bet your ass millions of people will become "prohibited persons" with regard to their gun rights.

But it won't stop there, not by a along shot, you'll be blackballed from all manner of different jobs, credit and god knows how many other ways this will be used against you.

And millions of people will suffer with disease and sickness that might otherwise have been treated, for fear of losing their rights or their job or their home.

Free Country.

Rand Paul Repeats Debunked Obamacare Conspiracy Theory, Claim 'Databanks' Spy On Gun Owners

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/18/rand-paul-obamacare-conspiracy-theory-databanks-spy-gun-owners_n_2506535.html?ref=topbar

A nutty conspiracy theory involving doctors gathering intelligence on gun-owning patients in advance of a mass gun-confiscation plan has cropped up again after being touted Wednesday by Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.).

Speaking with evangelical leader Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, the outspoken Paul claimed that the President was "going to use Obamacare apparently to have doctors informing on their patients to whether or not they have guns," and then store the information in "government databanks," reports Right Wing Watch.

Perkins said he, too, had read of this plan to have doctors acting as informants and had been "just flabbergasted."

Paul appears to be referring to a general theory that, in one form or another, has been making the rounds in conservative groups ever since the Gun Owners of America warned in 2009 that Obamacare "could be used to ban guns in home self-defense." At the time, PolitiFact dismissed the claim as false, but Gun Owners of America Executive Director Larry Pratt resurrected the theories in November, telling VCY America’s "Crosstalk" that Obamacare and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives were conspiring to disarm Americans.

Said Pratt:

[Obamacare] says that all of our medical records are available to be pawed through by bureaucrats somewhere in Washington, looking for a reason to disenfranchise gun owners, to say ‘oh you have a medical diagnosis that means you might be a danger to yourself or others so we’re going to come and knock on the door for the BATF to take away your guns.

Radio personality Rush Limbaugh has apparently also joined the debate. On his show this week, Limbaugh said that wording in Obama's executive gun control package means "your doctor has essentially been deputized."

"Again, folks, this is pushing people's buttons on purpose," Limbaugh added. "This is gonna cause some people to snap. It might."

More credibly, Fox News wrote a long story Thursday that quoted National Rifle Association President David Keene as saying, "The idea that your doctor would ask you if you have firearms in your house as part of an examination of your health is repugnant."

Fox News noted, however, that much of the language that has been seized on is "in line with the policy of most states. All but a few allow mental health professionals to report information about patients they believe may become violent."

And the site also clarified that while the 2010 Affordable Care Act "does not prohibit doctors from asking about firearms, the law states that the government cannot require that information to be disclosed either," and the information cannot be used to raise insurance rates.

Anti Federalist
01-19-2013, 01:02 PM
And this fellow gets the "Most Clueless Commenter Ever" award:

http://i.imgur.com/4rJ9ks2.gif

FSP-Rebel
01-19-2013, 01:11 PM

reminds me of
http://i46.tinypic.com/spgnf9.jpg

MelissaWV
01-19-2013, 01:14 PM
Let's pretend for a moment that the article is correct, and THAT particular spying on your medical record is just totally not true. Phew. What a load off my mind.

Wait, what the---? Why can't I buy this gun? What do you mean I have a mental illness?!? How on earth did you know that?

UpperDecker
01-19-2013, 01:33 PM

I hate idiots like this along with the rest of the HuffPo commenting crew. They are too wound up in their hatred for the other side that they are blind to see that their side is full of the same bullshit. People like this are why we are in the trouble we are in right now because they put so much emphasis on these non-existent party lines.

UpperDecker
01-19-2013, 01:33 PM
edit: double post

Anti Federalist
01-19-2013, 01:41 PM
I hate idiots like this along with the rest of the HuffPo commenting crew. They are too wound up in their hatred for the other side that they are blind to see that their side is full of the same bullshit. People like this are why we are in the trouble we are in right now because they put so much emphasis on these non-existent party lines.

Red Boot/Blue Boot.

Marching in the same direction.

And will it really matter which one is on the back of your neck?

angelatc
01-19-2013, 01:42 PM

It is about power. They do not care if they are intellectually honest. They want power and money. It really is that simple.

James Madison
01-19-2013, 01:43 PM
Remember when the left was into Conspiracy Theories during the Bush years? How times change...

Anti Federalist
01-19-2013, 01:54 PM
Remember when the left was into Conspiracy Theories during the Bush years? How times change...

And all the roles will reverse themselves, and the beards will all grow longer overnight, when Team Red inserts a puppet in 2016.

matt0611
01-19-2013, 01:57 PM

Yes. Remember when they also used to say that questioning authority was "patriotic" ? :D

How things change once their party gets into power.

pochy1776
01-19-2013, 02:16 PM
I miss Old Rand.