View Full Version : Lew Rockwell: Obama Has Gone Too Far

itshappening
01-19-2013, 09:13 AM
Lew Rockwell on the Alex Jones show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPczp5CVn2A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPczp5CVn2A

Wolfgang Bohringer
01-19-2013, 02:00 PM
I love how Lew focuses on only 1 thing: Obama and the US government are the world's chief child murderers and we need to get the guns out of their hands. All of the other valid and important responses are far less significant.

Yes, we need guns to defend against the tyrannical government.

Yes, more guns reduces both common crime as well as government crime.

But, events such as the Conn mass murders and the government's response should focus attention on only one thing: We need to disarm the government.

Alex--like most people--doesn't quite get it.

If you play a video of Obama announcing that he's protecting children surrounding him on the stage with new gun control edicts, you get a completely different reaction from a pure libertarian anti-statist than you do an Alex-style conservative libertarian.

The conservative libertarian doesn't instantly spot the sick irony and visualize the corpses of the Muslim children piled up by the guy on stage with the American children.

green73
01-19-2013, 02:05 PM
Great interview. Rockwell kills it.

Danke
01-19-2013, 03:00 PM
I love how Lew focuses on only 1 thing: Obama and the US government are the world's chief child murderers and we need to get the guns out of their hands. All of the other valid and important responses are far less significant.

Yes, we need guns to defend against the tyrannical government.

Yes, more guns reduces both common crime as well as government crime.

But, events such as the Conn mass murders and the government's response should focus attention on only one thing: We need to disarm the government.

Alex--like most people--doesn't quite get it.

If you play a video of Obama announcing that he's protecting children surrounding him on the stage with new gun control edicts, you get a completely different reaction from a pure libertarian anti-statist than you do an Alex-style conservative libertarian.

The conservative libertarian doesn't instantly spot the sick irony and visualize the corpses of the Muslim children piled up by the guy on stage with the American children.

Alex gets it, he has been saying it for a long time.

Wolfgang Bohringer
01-19-2013, 03:39 PM
Alex gets it, he has been saying it for a long time.

Yes I know and I'm grateful that he gives Rockwell the platform. I'm just pointing out the difference and wishing that Alex had more of an instinctive hatred directly toward "the state" like Rockwell does. I see people like Alex moving more and more in that direction which is encouraging.

itshappening
01-19-2013, 03:57 PM
Yes I know and I'm grateful that he gives Rockwell the platform. I'm just pointing out the difference and wishing that Alex had more of an instinctive hatred directly toward "the state" like Rockwell does. I see people like Alex moving more and more in that direction which is encouraging.

He does hate the state but an interview would be boring if they just sat there nodding at each other