PDA

View Full Version : Obama loses half of core contingent

tangent4ronpaul
01-19-2013, 08:25 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/feminists-split-by-michelle-obamas-work-as-first-lady/2013/01/18/be3d636e-5e5e-11e2-9940-6fc488f3fecd_story.html

In the opening moments of her second turn at history, as Michelle Obama waves at celebrants along Pennsylvania Avenue, Americans will clamor to see the first lady, who remains one of the most popular public figures in the country. In the most recent poll, fully 73 percent said they approve of the way she is handling her job.

But a significant group of Americans — feminist Americans — have been vocally disappointed with her choices and feel let down by her example.

In 2008, when Obama announced her intention to be “mom-in-chief,” many feminists decried her decision to give up her career and said she had been victimized by her husband’s choices. She was regarded as one of the women feminist Linda Hirshman described as “letting down the team.”

====
Yep, gender, race and sexual identity... u know the "important" stuff... :rolleyes:

-t

KrokHead
01-19-2013, 08:28 AM
Michelle Obama is the most famous 5/10 in history. Sadly that smokes almost all first ladies but Jackie.

Wolfgang Bohringer
01-19-2013, 09:24 AM
I don't know if you remember watching on TV or not, but whenever Ernest Angely or any decent faith healer would cast demons out of a subject, they would ALWAYS yell something like "Impure spirits, I command you in Jesus name to...LOOSE!" Apparently if one is infested with demons, somebody has to "loose" them to make them go away. The faith healers always used that word "loose".

So are you saying that Obama's wife has cast out 50% of the core contingent of the demons currently possessing some unfortunate soul?

specsaregood
01-19-2013, 09:55 AM
Judging by Michelle Obama’s speech, feminism is dead to the Democratic party, ” wrote Lilith Dornhuber on Feministing.com

you gotta have a sense of humor to choose that as your domain name.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-19-2013, 10:08 AM
feminists are idiots

erowe1
01-19-2013, 10:51 AM
He's a lame duck now. He's free to disappoint anyone he wants to.

coastie
01-19-2013, 11:47 AM
He's a lame duck now. He's free to disappoint anyone he wants to.

^this. None of that remotely matters now, not like it ever mattered to him to begin with. These useful idiots served their purpose, and now they're just mad because they're just plain idiots now, as opposed to being useful ones.

Anti Federalist
01-19-2013, 12:23 PM
This.

I'm sorry, but this bothers me, way beyond any rational level.

It's LOSE people...look, like this:

"If I do not tighten the lug nuts on the spare tire, it will become LOOSE and I may end up LOSING it."

Or this:

"If I see one more person use LOOSE, instead of LOSE, it may finally rattle my brain LOOSE and I just might LOSE my shit."

I don't know if you remember watching on TV or not, but whenever Ernest Angely or any decent faith healer would cast demons out of a subject, they would ALWAYS yell something like "Impure spirits, I command you in Jesus name to...LOOSE!" Apparently if one is infested with demons, somebody has to "loose" them to make them go away. The faith healers always used that word "loose".

So are you saying that Obama's wife has cast out 50% of the core contingent of the demons currently possessing some unfortunate soul?

oyarde
01-19-2013, 12:50 PM
This.

"If I do not tighten the lug nuts on the spare tire, it will become LOOSE and I may end up LOSING it."

Or this:

"If I see one more person use LOOSE, instead of LOSE, it may finally rattle my brain LOOSE and I just might LOSE my shit." Thank you, because I was trying to figure out what the hell that was .I was just going to go with the demon thing.

acptulsa
01-19-2013, 12:51 PM
This.

Or this:

"If I see one more person use LOOSE, instead of LOSE, it may finally rattle my brain LOOSE and I just might LOSE my shit."

Are you sure?

It could be that the real message in all of this is that the unelected Michelle Obama is now also a lame duck, and all of those feminists who were examining her in their little microscopes looking for something to bitch about will now have more attention to pay the rest of us.

Or, to put it another way, the Obamas aren't losing the feminazis, they are turning them loose.

If so, the title of this thread is an accurate--and timely, and frightening--warning.

tangent4ronpaul
01-19-2013, 01:16 PM
Ugh!

Spell check doesn't check words in the title.
Spell check won't catch mistakes like this as both are in the dictionary.

AF - do you teach HS English or something?

-t

Anti Federalist
01-19-2013, 01:36 PM
Ugh!

Spell check doesn't check words in the title.
Spell check won't catch mistakes like this as both are in the dictionary.

AF - do you teach HS English or something?

-t

LOL - No, and sorry, I'm not directing that bitching right at you, it's just a very frustrating and very common grammatical error that I see people with double degrees in business management making, and it irritates my obsessive compulsive gene in an extreme fashion.

Probably because, if I, a HS drop-out at 16, can take the effort to make sure my shit is spelled right and the grammar is correct in "official" letters and documents at my place of business, then the fucking suits and office humps, with more degrees than a thermometer, should be able to as well.

Anti Federalist
01-19-2013, 01:36 PM
damn dupe posts