PDA

View Full Version : CFL Slams Mitch McConnell re: Senate Rules

Matt Collins
01-18-2013, 05:54 PM
From an e-mail -

It's easy to blame Barack Obama and his statist pals in Washington for the mess our country is in right now.

After all, they make no bones about supporting higher taxes, out-of-control spending, and downright relentless attacks on our God-given liberties.

But sometimes, there's a silent threat lurking behind the scenes that no one seems to notice. . .

. . . And that's the Republican "leadership" in Congress, who are all too willing to sell our liberties down the river in the name of political expediency, bipartisanship, or "getting things done."

Unfortunately, according to inside sources, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell is scheming behind the scenes with Harry Reid to water down and weaken the Senate filibuster - effectively gutting it in the process.

So please call Mitch McConnell IMMEDIATELY at (202) 224-2541 and demand he stop attempting to "broker deals" with Harry Reid.

The Senate filibuster has been an indispensable tool in stopping some of the worst of the statists' Big Government power grabs over the years.

It was the filibuster that defeated "Cap-and-Tax," Card Check Forced Unionism, and the so-called "Disclose Act," just to name a few.

And it may be the filibuster that stops Barack Obama, Dianne Feinstein, and Harry Reid's upcoming assault on the Second Amendment.

Without the filibuster, it'll be virtually impossible for liberty-minded Senators like Mike Lee and Rand Paul to fight against the statists' power grabs.

The good news is, Senate offices are being flooded with faxes from C4L members and supporters voicing their opposition to Harry Reid's rule-breaking scheme.

Feeling the heat, fence-riding Senators are waffling. They know as well as you and I do that there will be a political price to pay for helping destroy the filibuster.

But instead of doubling down on their opposition to so-called "filibuster reform," the GOP establishment is preparing to offer Harry Reid a "deal."

And make no mistake, any "deal" is all but guaranteed to effectively gut the filibuster.

In fact, one of the "deals" being discussed would allow ONLY party and committee leaders to filibuster and offer amendments to legislation.

That's why it's vital you call Senator Mitch McConnell today and DEMAND he fight back against any attempt to weaken the filibuster.

Matt, if you don't think the GOP leadership will "compromise" with Harry Reid on something as important as the filibuster - think again.

It wasn't that long ago that Mitch McConnell and House Speaker John Boehner caved in and sold out taxpayers during the fiscal cliff battle.

And it was only a few days ago when John Boehner cut a deal on Hurricane Sandy relief, allowing a bill chocked-full of even more out-of-control spending to pass the House.

You and I must not allow the GOP establishment to get away with selling out on something as crucial and important as the Senate filibuster.

So please call Senator Mitch McConnell at (202) 224-2541 IMMEDIATELY.

Tell him you've NEVER been more disappointed in a GOP boss than right now, and DEMAND he stop scheming with Harry Reid to water down or weaken the Senate filibuster.

This fight is expected to take place on Tuesday, so there's not a moment to waste.

Please call Senator Mitch McConnell right now.

And if you don't get through the first time, leave a message and keep calling until someone answers.

This is one battle you and I can not afford to lose.

In Liberty,
http://www.chooseliberty.org/images/tate-signature.gif
John Tate
President

anaconda
01-18-2013, 07:15 PM

sailingaway
01-18-2013, 07:17 PM
Matt, it is C4L.

Seriously. C4L.

And I looked at the front page of it today and it was better than recently. Maybe the new interns and staff are gearing up.

Occam's Banana
01-18-2013, 07:37 PM
No. I can't believe it. It just can't be. Mitch McConnell is the bee's knees. Jesse Benton says so ...

itshappening
01-18-2013, 07:51 PM
No. I can't believe it. It just can't be. Mitch McConnell is the bee's knees. Jesse Benton says so ...

According to The Collins (tm) Benton is a secret liberty agent.

itshappening
01-18-2013, 07:54 PM
To be fair to Benton though, he's just a campaign manager to McConnell. He's not a political adviser or anything.

McConnell and his chief of staff are behind these stupid deals he cuts with Reid and co.

Tinnuhana
01-19-2013, 03:58 AM
I wish C4L would give us back our international page. I enjoyed communicating with people aorund the world. And the military link was good, too. Got to go take a look.

TheTyke
01-19-2013, 10:45 AM
Actually, CFL is the only organization I knew that blew the whistle on McConnell for allowing the Obamacare vote instead of using the minority's time for opposition - so he could go home for Christmas (or possibly, wasn't really all that opposed despite posturing.) They also mentioned him working against auditing the Fed, etc.

So some of the vast voter disappointment with him was only possible because of CFL spreading the word. These things will be used against him in the primary, and I don't think any of Jesse's protestations will stop them. :D

FSP-Rebel
01-19-2013, 11:30 AM
It's efforts like this that make C4L very deserving of our financial support. I urge everyone to contact McConnell and pledge to support a primary opponent if he follows through on this. Also, send C4L a few bucks (https://secure.campaignforliberty.org/).

Brian4Liberty
01-20-2013, 01:04 PM
Related thread?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?401898-CBS-News-Political-Director-Obama-Must-Destroy-Republican-Party

whippoorwill
01-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Bump! Hey Matt..can we get this on Drudge?

Aratus
01-21-2013, 11:57 AM
hopefully...?