PDA

View Full Version : CO-Update-Cop that shot man's dog, shot and killed a man in Feb. 2012

Anti Federalist
01-18-2013, 10:20 AM
Adams County deputy accused in dog shooting taken off patrol as investigation continues

10:20 PM, Jan 17, 2013

http://www.9news.com/news/article/310968/188/Deputy-accused-in-dog-shooting-taken-off-patrol-

ADAMS COUNTY - The Adams County Sheriff's Office mobile crime lab was sent to the scene where a deputy shot and killed a dog on Monday night.

A team of investigators are looking into the dog's death.

Wilfred Europe III, the deputy who pulled the trigger, has been reassigned and is no longer on patrol.

This is not the first fatal shooting involving Deputy Europe.

Deputy Europe shot and killed 40-year-old Don Cambron last February during a traffic stop.

Cambron's friend Tim Collins, who was in the car, told 9NEWS Cambron was not reaching for a pellet gun, which is what Deputy Europe told investigators before he was cleared of any wrongdoing.

"There's no rationale there at all. Except that a cop got trigger happy," Collins said.

On Thursday afternoon, Adams County deputies returned to the workshop where the dog shooting occurred to collect evidence.

I'm glad that they're taking the effort to come out and investigate the way they should have initially," dog owner Jeff Fisher said.

Fisher says two deputies showed up at the wrong address Monday night while investigating a security alarm.

Ziggy was a 35 pound, 8-year-old blue heeler/border collie mix who Fisher says was not aggressive.

He says two Adams County deputies forced their way into Fisher's business, startling his dog which ran outside.

"He turned to come back to me. And the police officer opened fire. He ran past the police officer at the door. He just wanted to see who it was. And the police officer shot him 3 times," Fisher said.

Fisher says Ziggy was about 15 feet from the deputy who opened fire.

"I'm yelling, 'you shot my dog. You shot my dog.' And the police officer says, 'you need to calm down. You can get a new dog,'" Fisher said.

Fisher described the whole situation as "surreal" and claims Ziggy was not being aggressive.

"That dog was my best friend," Fisher said. "They never informed me they were police officers. They shot him on a concrete slab. It's never going to be the same. I raised that guy since he was 6 weeks old."

"There's some pretty suspect things in Officer Europe's history," said attorney Jennifer Edwards with the Animal Law Center.

Edwards represents several Adams County dog owners whose pets were killed by law enforcement.

In November, Commerce City police officer Robert Price shot and killed a dog named Chloe.

Home video shows Price shooting the dog five times when she was already restrained.

Price faces a felony charge of animal cruelty and his arraignment is scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 22.

Price is on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of the criminal case against him.

Before Chloe, there was Zoey, gunned down in her family's driveway by another Commerce City officer.

The officer was checking on a 911 hang-up call and said three "vicious dogs" threatened her.

She shot the Agazio family's dog, Zoey.

Edwards sued on behalf of the family, and lost.

Last August, a jury ruled the use of deadly force was justified, but also found killing someone's pet violates their constitutional rights.

"I just hope there's justice for Ziggy, Chloe, Zoey. I hope that one of these departments will take the lead and change their policies, procedures, and training," Edwards said.

In regards to the investigation into Ziggy's death, Adams County Undersheriff Roger Engelsman spoke to 9NEWS by phone.

"This is a very, very serious investigation for us which we are conducting as quickly as possible so that we can share the results when it's complete," Engelsman said.

Fisher hopes Ziggy's death will change things in Adams County, even as he struggles with the loss of his best friend.

"He was a good boy. He was my good boy. That's my memory," Fisher said.

Expatriate
01-18-2013, 10:25 AM
Wow, a cop got in trouble for shooting a dog? Did I wake up in Bizarro World?

tod evans
01-18-2013, 10:36 AM
NO a cop didn't "get in trouble"....

They're "under investigation"...

Wonder how that'll turn out?...:mad:

Anti Federalist
01-18-2013, 10:38 AM

Policy was followed.

No further action.

Officer Safety.

Now, fuck off, Mundane.

tod evans
01-18-2013, 10:39 AM
Policy was followed.

No further action.

Officer Safety.

Now, fuck off, Mundane.

You forgot............................With pay.

Expatriate
01-18-2013, 10:53 AM

Yeah, I skimmed through and had the impression he actually got arrested or something but now I see it's the same old paid vacation crap...

mac_hine
01-18-2013, 11:35 AM
"I'm yelling, 'you shot my dog. You shot my dog.' And the police officer says, 'you need to calm down. You can get a new dog,'" Fisher said.

What.The.Fuck.

mac_hine
01-18-2013, 11:35 AM

What.The.Fuck.

Anti Federalist
01-18-2013, 11:45 AM
[/B]

What.The.Fuck.

You got a problem, Mundane?

TheTexan
01-18-2013, 11:49 AM
You don't really need a dog...

tod evans
01-18-2013, 12:02 PM
You don't really need a dog...Husband,Wife, Son, Daughter etc...

Finished your list...:o

mac_hine
01-18-2013, 12:05 PM
You got a problem, Mundane?

Damn Right I do. I have a dog. He's a rambunctious 1/2 year old named Cooper.
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/165995_10150965723786794_432206103_n.jpg
This very thing could happen to me. If it did I would lose my shit, and more than likely attack the cop, and wind up being killed myself, or caged.

tod evans
01-18-2013, 12:10 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Pitbull^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

At leat according to any cop that confronts him...:o

mac_hine
01-18-2013, 12:12 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Pitbull^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

At leat according to any cop that confronts him...:o

He is part pitbull.

I never understood people's irrational fears towards pitbulls. I consider it dog racism.

VoluntaryAmerican
01-18-2013, 12:25 PM
He is part pitbull.

I never understood people's irrational fears towards pitbulls. I consider it dog racism.

There is a consensus that pitbulls are the most dangerous breed. I'm not sure if that's true or not, I haven't seen any solid set of statistics on the matter.

But it seems to just be a scary factor... these officers crap in their boots and shoot innocent pitbulls.

KingNothing
01-18-2013, 12:29 PM
I never understood people's irrational fears towards pitbulls.

Really? You never understood it? Might it have something to do with people rarely being mauled by malteses and chihuahuas?

Now, a properly raised and trained pitbull is not going to maul anyone but in the hands of a scumbag owner it can cause all kinds of damage.

VoluntaryAmerican
01-18-2013, 12:34 PM
Really? You never understood it? Might it have something to do with people rarely being mauled by malteses and chihuahuas?

Now, a properly raised and trained pitbull is not going to maul anyone but in the hands of a scumbag owner it can cause all kinds of damage.

Yep, and when these officers are so used to invading drug users homes so casually I am sure they run in to a few of these types of owners, as well.

VoluntaryAmerican
01-18-2013, 12:34 PM

Yep, and when these officers are so used to invading drug users homes so casually I am sure they run in to a few of these types of owners, as well.

AGRP
01-18-2013, 12:37 PM
Officer safety.

mac_hine
01-18-2013, 12:44 PM

Right, but they're not vicious by nature. It's a learned behavior brought about by a bad upbringing.

Same as people.

Are black people inherently dangerous because they tend to commit more crimes than other races?

Of course not!

My point is pitbulls have an unwarranted bad rap.

AGRP
01-18-2013, 12:45 PM
He is part pitbull.

Its not irrational. I saw a vicious one being walked by a frail couple with a flimsy leash. They could barely control it. It looked half their size and ready to attack anyone approaching. All the more reason to carry heat because I would not want to be on the receiving end of its attack.

mac_hine
01-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Its not irrational. I saw a vicious one being walked by a frail couple with a flimsy leash. They could barely control it. It looked half their size and ready to attack anyone approaching. All the more reason to carry heat because I would not want to be on the receiving end of its attack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMb-SU6tjGM

AGRP
01-18-2013, 12:54 PM
All dogs are not the same. Some have vicious personalities and some dont. To say all pitbulls are friendly is ignorant.

mac_hine
01-18-2013, 01:00 PM
All dogs are not the same. Some have vicious personalities and some dont. To say all pitbulls are friendly is ignorant.

I think you're the ignorant one, bud.

Is there a media bias against pit bulls?

Let’s take a look at the 2011 report from the National Canine Research Council. Based on investigations, their report clearly shows that most of the dog attacks resulted from improper care by the owner, whether through neglect, abuse or isolation. The common denominator is the human. It’s always the human. Dogs are not naturally aggressive, not even the Pit Bull. Factually, the Pit Bull loves people. They were bred with that outstanding trait. Yes, they have a high prey drive but not toward other humans but other animals such as squirrels and cats and Pit Bulls aren’t the only breed to have a heightened prey drive. Prey drive is not aggression. This is a cultivated trait to ensure the dog’s temperament as herders, hunters and vermin killers. Even the Border Collie could not herd sheep without it. The prey drive comes from a dog’s wolf ancestry.

The tendency to be aggressive results from the environment the owner creates for the dog. Take Pit Bulls for example. Sadly, the lowest forms of society tend to be attracted to the Pit Bull mainly because they look tough. These same people treat the dog poorly and do not bother to properly care for the dog or socialize it. Aggression is fear magnified. If that very same dog was placed in a loving household with a responsible owner, you would have a very different dog. Spend some time with a Pit Bull from a happy home and you will see for yourself.
http://thehappypitbull.wordpress.com/2012/09/01/is-there-a-media-bias-against-pit-bulls/

Aeroneous
01-18-2013, 01:01 PM
I probably would have ended up dead in this situation. If someone shot my dog and then said that to me I would have beaten the living shit out of them, or at least done everything in my power to try. There's no way I could "calm down" in a situation like that. Absolutely no way... in my mind it's the same as if you just shot my child or mother.

AGRP
01-18-2013, 01:07 PM
http://05.images.fireden.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/troll-alert.jpg.jpeg

tod evans
01-18-2013, 01:10 PM

I think you're the ignorant one, bud.

Is there a media bias against pit bulls?

AGRP is completely correct here, every breed of dog has some dogs that are nuts, it's not just pits....

Hell, dogs are kind of like people, some are smart some stupid, some are calm some are hyper...some are mean others aren't..

KingNothing
01-18-2013, 01:21 PM
AGRP is completely correct here, every breed of dog has some dogs that are nuts, it's not just pits....

Hell, dogs are kind of like people, some are smart some stupid, some are calm some are hyper...some are mean others aren't..

A mean pitbull does a helluvalot more damage than a mean maltese, though. That is why people tend to fear them.

AGRP
01-18-2013, 01:30 PM
A mean pitbull does a helluvalot more damage than a mean maltese, though. That is why people tend to fear them.

99% of people would fear what I saw. It was no ordinary pit.

AGRP
01-18-2013, 01:32 PM

99% of people would fear what i saw. This was no ordinary pit. It could easily kill someone if god forbid it brought them to the ground.

AGRP
01-18-2013, 01:32 PM

99% of people would fear what i saw. This was no ordinary pit. It could easily kill someone if god forbid it brought them to the ground.

Danke
01-18-2013, 02:41 PM
You don't really need a dog...