PDA

View Full Version : NY-"You're ALL potential killers, so we HAVE to restrict your rights, to protect US."

Anti Federalist
01-17-2013, 09:56 PM
Or words to that effect.

So says the very appropriately named Louise Slaughter-D-USSR.

I wonder if those blown up kids overseas matter to her as much?

Nah, of course not, they would have grown up to be terrorists.

And of course, I'm sure she not so concerned about us Mundanes...but maybe very concerned about her safety.

Seems the ruling class is getting understandably nervous.

How will the state's new gun law be enforced?

Posted at: 01/17/2013 4:58 PM | Updated at: 01/17/2013 5:35 PM

By: Ray Levato | WHEC.com

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S2900399.shtml?cat=565

Angry gun owners are making a run on gun shops to buy weapons and ammo. One store owner calls it a panic. The state's new gun law has stirred up a lot of controversy and questions and News10NBC took those questions to Congresswoman Louise Slaughter.

Gun shop owners are still waiting for guidelines from Albany and the new federal executive orders from President Obama. Until then, they're doing business as usual and business is brisk.

Jackson Guns and Ammo was a busy place again Thursday. One lady said she drove from Watertown because this was the closest place she could find the right kind of ammunition for her target shooting. Places closer to her are sold out. And she thinks New York's new gun law is targeting the wrong people.

Sally Ball, target shooter, said, “Law abiding citizens who have licensed firearms, right down to rifles and shotguns, have them for hunting, know how to use them, and they're not a danger to the public.”

Thursday afternoon in Rochester, Congresswoman Louise Slaughter said America has changed since the Newtown tragedy.

Rep. Louise Slaughter, (D), said, “Just the thought of 20 children, six and seven years old, being literally torn to pieces by those expanding bullets, and that awful carnage that took place in Newtown, Ct. It has changed the entire psyche of I think of America.”

(Thousands of people getting incinerated in "Shock and Awe", not so much, eh? - AF)

Mrs. Slaughter says she comes from a long line of gun owners growing up in Kentucky.

News10NBC brought up the objection of the people in the gun shop.

News10NBC reporter, Ray Levato, said, “I just came from a gun shop and talked with a lady, and everybody there had pretty much the same opinion. She was buying ammo because she's a target shooter and she said this targets the wrong people, law abiding citizens. “

Rep. Slaughter said, “They're all law abiding, Ray, until they go in and kill 30-40 people with guns. I don't believe the young man in Aurora, Colorado had any record at all. And we know that Lanza didn't have any. They were abiding by the law until suddenly they didn't.”

At the gun shop, owner Kordell Jackson says what's been happening in New York and Washington is causing a panic among gun owners.

Kordell Jackson, Jackson Guns & Ammo, said, “Everybody's trying to get as much stuff as they possible can in a very short period of time. It's great that they're doing that, but they're doing it for the wrong reasons. Our governor has made it so people are coming out and buying more guns, or buy more ammo or more accessories. It's just an influx of people at a very short time.”

Levato said, “Are people in a sense panicking?”

Jackson said, “Yes, everybody's panicking.”

News10NBC asked the question of enforcement to the Monroe County Sheriff's Office.

Spokesman John Helfer says his department is still waiting for more details. He says people have been asking questions about registering gun permits. As for the rule on seven bullets to a magazine, Helfer says they won't be going around checking magazine capacity unless some complaint comes into their officer and then they would investigate.

(See Something Say Something - AF)

News10NBC is still waiting to hear back from the Rochester Police Department.

The governor said Wednesday when he was in Rochester that his administration will be disseminating information about the law, so local law enforcement, gun dealers and owners know the new rules, because they will be enforced by local law enforcement.

James Madison
01-17-2013, 11:49 PM
So tired of hearing about 'the children'...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNcgTMpcgn0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6wOt2iXdc4

coastie
01-18-2013, 09:58 AM
Many rapists are law abiding citizens-until they're not. Should we lock up all men?

tangent4ronpaul
01-18-2013, 10:08 AM
Many rapists are law abiding citizens-until they're not. Should we lock up all men?

Naw - just make all women wear burkas.

(And chastity belts).

-t

coastie
01-18-2013, 10:15 AM
Naw - just make all women wear burkas.

(And chastity belts).

-t

Then they'll move to face rape(it happens). Then, they'll move to other holes, like ears, and start fucking with their minds, or something. God these people are fucking lunatics.

tod evans
01-18-2013, 10:28 AM
Is it time to stock up on chisels?

They're far more likely to cause death than a kitchen knife...

ClydeCoulter
01-18-2013, 10:54 AM
Is it time to stock up on chisels?

They're far more likely to cause death than a kitchen knife...

And have you heard just how Scary Sharp chisels and planer blades can be?

Original Scary Sharp article here (http://www.woodbutcher.net/scary.shtml)

tod evans
01-18-2013, 10:57 AM
And have you heard just how Scary Sharp chisels and planer blades can be?

Original Scary Sharp article here (http://www.woodbutcher.net/scary.shtml)

I guarantee my chisels will pass through ribs or a sternum with little trouble...(I've been sharpening tools for several decades:cool:)

emazur
01-18-2013, 11:35 AM
"You're ALL potential killers, so we HAVE to restrict your rights, to protect US."

If this was being said to politicians, that's actually a pretty good argument

emazur
01-18-2013, 11:36 AM
"You're ALL potential killers, so we HAVE to restrict your rights, to protect US."

TheTexan
01-18-2013, 11:46 AM

My thoughts exactly.

Athan
01-18-2013, 11:53 AM
Then they'll move to face rape(it happens). Then, they'll move to other holes, like ears, and start fucking with their minds, or something. God these people are fucking lunatics.
*shoots tea from nose and mouth* LMFAO!

seapilot
01-18-2013, 12:16 PM
So tired of hearing about 'the children'...

George Carlin is funny and speaks a lot of common sense but he is for gun control.