PDA

View Full Version : Michael Badnarik: Rattling the Sheriffs' Cages About the Constitution

ZENemy
01-17-2013, 04:28 PM
I enjoyed this video so I thought I would share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=912IS3dpC3Y

nobody's_hero
01-17-2013, 04:56 PM
I think every speaker from that convention is posted on youtube. Badnarik is awesome, but they're all worth watching IMO.

ZENemy
01-17-2013, 05:09 PM
I think every speaker from that convention is posted on youtube. Badnarik is awesome, but they're all worth watching IMO.

Right you are! I am trying to get through Badnariks 8 hour class right now, very interesting stuff.

DamianTV
01-17-2013, 05:40 PM
+Rep (lets see if that sticks with the current forum issues)

This is an outstanding video. His 8 hour class is a bit long for most people, but this should fit within both peoples available time, and limited attention spans.

sailingaway
01-17-2013, 05:44 PM
bookmarking for later.

Why are we not running this man for anything?

UWDude
01-17-2013, 05:45 PM
I have always found sheriffs and their deputies to be way cooler than city cops. Same with ex-officers.

Czolgosz
01-17-2013, 06:45 PM
His 8 class, the material, and a quiz should be required for membership at RPF.

osan
01-17-2013, 07:01 PM
That was very good. I could have a hell of a time picking his brain.

jkr
01-17-2013, 07:17 PM
badnarik BUMP

ZENemy
01-18-2013, 11:31 AM
So Ive been doing research into this man and he is actually offering some pretty solid solutions that the average person can start to exercise.

I am going to order his book

this one here

http://www.constitutionpreservation.org/

Also, he will come to your area and teach his class, I may try to organize one here in the bay area. I see real solutions with this guy (and the people he surrounds himself with)

http://www.constitutionpreservation.org/constitution-preservation/class-registration-page

ZENemy
01-18-2013, 11:32 AM
So Ive been doing research into this guy and he is actually offering some pretty solid soutions.

I am going to order his book

this one here
http://www.constitutionpreservation.org/

Also, he will come to your area and teach his class, I may try to organize one here in the bay area. I see real solutions with this guy (and the people he sorrounds himself with)
http://www.constitutionpreservation.org/constitution-preservation/class-registration-page

torchbearer
01-18-2013, 11:36 AM
I read Good to Be King many years ago.
Met Banarik in person at an LP state convention when he was running for office.

DamianTV
01-18-2013, 12:01 PM
I think that the understanding of the Bill of Rights is so important that the video from the original post needs to be posted again in our US Constitution forum and STICKIED. It is THAT important. What good is it to have some of your Rights enumerated if very few people actually have any cognative comprehension of what those Rights are?

ZENemy
01-18-2013, 12:22 PM
I think that the understanding of the Bill of Rights is so important that the video from the original post needs to be posted again in our US Constitution forum and STICKIED. It is THAT important. What good is it to have some of your Rights enumerated if very few people actually have any cognative comprehension of what those Rights are?

100% agree.

Now that I am starting to understand property rights things are becoming REALLY clear to me.

torchbearer
01-18-2013, 12:29 PM
100% agree.

Now that I am starting to understand property rights things are becoming REALLY clear to me.

progs have no understanding of property or rights that are inherint to it.

FSP-Rebel
01-18-2013, 12:34 PM
bookmarking for later.

Why are we not running this man for anything?
Because he ran for Congress in 06 as an LP in a 3 way race and got a disappointing 6% of the vote after spending well over 100k. I donated quite a bit back then thinking there was a way to at least get a decent double digit tally but was shocked at how poorly he did. Again, it all boils down to the two major parties and I doubt he'd be willing to run for anything again, much less as a republican.

Romulus
01-18-2013, 01:18 PM
Great speech..

DamianTV
01-18-2013, 01:22 PM
Because he ran for Congress in 06 as an LP in a 3 way race and got a disappointing 6% of the vote after spending well over 100k. I donated quite a bit back then thinking there was a way to at least get a decent double digit tally but was shocked at how poorly he did. Again, it all boils down to the two major parties and I doubt he'd be willing to run for anything again, much less as a republican.

He did not have the full support of the Ron Paul Community behind him. If he did, can you imagine what our collective efforts could have accompished?

torchbearer
01-18-2013, 02:30 PM
He did not have the full support of the Ron Paul Community behind him. If he did, can you imagine what our collective efforts could have accompished?

he had the full support of the 'Ron Paul' community. Its just that back in 2004 there were a few of us.
ron paul was our "libertarian" in congress.

sailingaway
01-18-2013, 02:35 PM
he had the full support of the 'Ron Paul' community. Its just that back in 2004 there were a few of us.

I didn't know about Ron Paul either back when Badnarik ran. I like everything I have heard about him, so far, and I really like what I watched of his Constitution lectures so far.

sailingaway
01-18-2013, 02:35 PM

I didn't know about Ron Paul either back when Badnarik ran. I like everything I have heard about him, so far, and I really like what I watched of his Constitution lectures so far.

torchbearer
01-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Badnarik was such a great debator that he walked into the LP national convention a basic unknown with little support, walked out with the nomination.
of course, the LP has a real convention, where the national delegates are unbound. They generally are not partisan and are swayed by the debate held at the convention.
The GOP is superior only in that it has been part of the indoctrination of the general public and has participated in the power cartel keeping all other parties out.

Tod
01-18-2013, 04:03 PM
At about 43:23 he makes the case that the federal government has no authority to legislate whether a person can sell raw milk but in the same breath implies that they do have the authority to legislate marijuana and other things like cocaine. :(

ican'tvote
01-18-2013, 04:07 PM
I don't think he meant it that way.

ZENemy
01-18-2013, 04:15 PM
I don't think he meant it that way.

You are right, he did not.

He was using "cocaine" as an example of something that SEEMS (Im not saying it is) logical to make illegal.

I am not agreeing with anything of the sort, I think ALL drugs or all things one does to the body is fine as long as it follow natural law.

torchbearer
01-18-2013, 04:35 PM
At about 43:23 he makes the case that the federal government has no authority to legislated whether a person can sell raw milk but in the same breath implies that they do have the authority to legislate marijuana and other things like cocaine. :(

i think you misunderstand.
he was implying that the raw milk isn't even the contraversial drug thing and they still want to regulate it.
i've heard many of badnarik's lectures and speeches.
the government controlling what you put in your body is not part of his lecture. he may have assumed the audience would know that.