PDA

View Full Version : Anybody want to ride in a time machine?

adpierce
11-21-2007, 09:24 PM
So I was thinking how far we've come since Dr. Paul announced his candidacy. I've been board pretty much since then. I heard his ideas and they sounded really good, I mean really good. Then fast forward the clock to the Iowa Presidential Forum... Dr. Paul was excluded. This I really believe is when we realized that there was something more to this campaign than just people who liked and listened to Dr. Paul on youtube. The grassroots showed up in force in my home state of Iowa. Then, fast forward the clock a little more and you see how people showed up and embarrassed the other candidates grassroots support in my home city of Ames, IA. He got a respectable middle of the pack finish there. Pretty sweet eh, for a candidate most people never had heard of before? This is when people thought this movement would start dying off. But NO! Then fast forward the clock to fairly recently to November 5th. We raised the campaign over 4 million dollars in one day.

Let's for just fun imagine what might be to come. Feel free to speculate about any of these if you want.

December 16th, people donate over 10 million dollars in one day. Astounding all the media and bringing even more people into the campaign than ever before.

January 3rd: Off the coattails of the largest fundraising effort in American History Iowans who never have voted in the caucuses show up in droves. Dr. Paul even though polling only in the higher single digits win Iowa, astonishing the pundits. (Ads start showing on television smearing Dr. Paul)

January 7th: Unlike being surprised for him to win Iowa everybody expects Dr. Paul to either win or show very good numbers in New Hampshire. It's a blowout. Now Dr. Paul is finally acknowledged as the leading gop political candidate for the presidency of the United States of America.

With the slingshot effect Ron Paul goes on to fight hard to many win other states all over the country, not relaxing a bit because he knows if he slows down a bit other candidates will take every opportunity to make him look bad.