PDA

View Full Version : This is a thread from another Forum I'm on

BLS
06-22-2007, 10:57 AM
It's a fantasy football site, with a bored called the Geek Club, where it's just general talk, not football stuff. I've been a member here for probably 8 years and am well known.

I've been pushing Ron Paul on these guys hard, some to the point where they complained, so I laid off (a little).

I've actually converted about 5 of them to full fledged supporters, but there's a couple of folks that won't budge. Newt, Thompson, even 1 Guliani (and a bunch of Dems).

Anyway, this is what the MAIN argument is, and this is a quote right from the site.

QUOTE(Boz/BoFan @ Jun 21 2007, 04:32 PM) 3162223

I think Ron Paul has great ideas and I believe he is genuinely a good person but his blame America first attitude about 9/11 is ridiculous and destroyed any chance he had.

(my post)
Boz..really, man...this is just short sightedness on your part man.

He never blamed the US. And only donks who religiously listen to Rush and Hannity are that close minded about it all.

Point is.....it's the SAME thing they all say. he hates America or blames America and they think it's anti Patriotic...and they JUST WON'T LISTEN TO REASON.

SeanEdwards
06-22-2007, 11:03 AM
...and they JUST WON'T LISTEN TO REASON.

Ok, has anyone here read the book "Snowcrash"? There's this funny bit where some character says, "Oh, I'm sure they'll listen to reason".

Turns out R.E.A.S.O.N. is an acronym for some futuristic atomic powered mini-chaingun, that the character subsequently uses to shred a supertanker that contains a bunch of obstinate fellows.

Spirit of '76
06-22-2007, 11:11 AM
I think you've got to stress that Ron Paul voted FOR going after the people who did 9/11, and he's the only candidate who keeps asking why we STOPPED going after Osama and went into Iraq instead. Make sure they know that the head of the CIA's Osama bin Laden task force has endorsed Paul.

Just my five cents (adjusted for inflation)...

JoshLowry
06-22-2007, 11:25 AM
Tell them he blames American Foreign Policy. He does not blame Americans, that is ridiculous.

Have them watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-JvW-WiXOw

He makes a good analogy on the whole "blaming americans" Have them skip to the 5:00 minute mark, they probably have a short attention span.

DrStrabismus
06-22-2007, 11:28 AM
Ok, has anyone here read the book "Snowcrash"? There's this funny bit where some character says, "Oh, I'm sure they'll listen to reason".

Turns out R.E.A.S.O.N. is an acronym for some futuristic atomic powered mini-chaingun, that the character subsequently uses to shred a supertanker that contains a bunch of obstinate fellows.

haha, yeah, that is one of my favorite books of all time, ever:D