PDA

View Full Version : Ted Yoho has a 24 Year Old Chief of Staff

tsai3904
01-15-2013, 01:00 PM
Ted Yoho, the Least Experienced House Freshman, Has a Secret Weapon: His 24-Year-Old Chief of Staff

Kat Cammack went from having one Capitol Hill internship to running Rep. Ted Yoho's office.

Kat Cammack had just come from meeting a big donor in Jacksonville, Florida, and was now in a house with boarded-up windows, rusty frying pans, and what appeared to be human feces on the torn-up couch.

“It was like a redneck party gone wrong,” she told me over a greasy-spoon breakfast on Capitol Hill. “At that point I was ready for someone to sneak up on me and take me out. I was just thinking, 'If I die, I die; it is what it is.'”

Cammack, the blond former pageant girl, just one year removed from being the head cheerleader at her university, was at this house to deliver a Ted Yoho-for-Congress sign. Fortunately for her, the man living there wanted nothing more than to express support for her boss and regale her with stories of his life as a carny and sing her a little opera (she said he had a very nice voice). It was just another day in the life of the only staffer on the Yoho campaign.

In the end, the work paid off. Yoho—who had had no political experience but had been a large-animal veterinarian for 30 years—managed an improbable victory over 12-term Republican incumbent Cliff Stearns. With the election over, Cammack has gone from campaign manager to chief of staff.

Oh, and she’s only 24 years old.

More:
http://nationaljournal.com/congress/ted-yoho-the-least-experienced-house-freshman-has-a-secret-weapon-his-24-year-old-chief-of-staff-20130115

Seraphim
01-15-2013, 01:03 PM
I'm 24 and I've been in the professional world for 3 years now. I can tell you this; older people are NOT more competent.

itshappening
01-15-2013, 01:03 PM
Did that excite you tsai?

Good to see young people getting involved in taking over the GOP and having an impact.

If it was up to some people on here this wouldn't happen!

Confederate
01-15-2013, 01:19 PM
She's probably qualified

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/1602800512/27046_552473602033_72207190_32314235_6663001_n.jpg

Congrats to her on the awesome job, hope she does a great job and has a great future in politics.