PDA

View Full Version : Teen unemployment about to skyrocket

tangent4ronpaul
01-15-2013, 12:05 PM
Wal-Mart Plans to Hire 100,000 Veterans, Buy More U.S. Products
http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2013/01/15/wal-mart-to-hire-100000-veterans-in-in-next-5-years/

Wal-Mart Stores (WMT) announced today it will hire at least 100,000 veterans leaving active duty in the next five years, while the retail giant also expects to buy an additional $50 billion in U.S. products over the next decade.

Starting Memorial Day this year, the company will offer a job to any honorably discharged veteran in his or her first 12 months off active duty.

“Hiring a veteran can be one of the best business decisions you make,” president and chief executive Bill Simon said in a statement. “Veterans have a record of performance under pressure. They're quick learners and team players. They are leaders with discipline, training, and a passion for service. There is a seriousness and sense of purpose that the military instills, and we need it today more than ever.”

=======

Anyone know what's really behind this? I'm guessing these veterans will save the company a ton of money because they are covered under a military health care plan. It's also probable, the chain gets a kickback for hiring disabled vets, say those missing a limb or three or those that got a lead IQ downgrade...

-t

tod evans
01-15-2013, 12:18 PM
There will be financial reward for this, that's certain.

What forms those rewards are in has yet to be seen.

I'd like to see which bank is holding the notes on the 50b worth of business they claim to use, I'm betting the majority will be financed by Arvest......

Lucille
01-15-2013, 12:21 PM
Wal Marx (thanks, AF!) is as fascist as the "TBTF" banks. I never did get why conservatives have defended it so vehemently.

Zippyjuan
01-15-2013, 01:11 PM
It is PR. Are vets willing to work at WalMart wages?

Buy More U.S. Products

I remember that joke of a program too. They promised to only carry US made products. Lots of publicity. Within a couple years it was nearly impossible to find any US made products in WalMarts.

Confederate
01-15-2013, 01:21 PM
There will be financial reward for this, that's certain.

What forms those rewards are in has yet to be seen.

I'd like to see which bank is holding the notes on the 50b worth of business they claim to use, I'm betting the majority will be financed by Arvest......

Yeah there will definitely be some sort of tax credit for hiring veterans available in the near future.