PDA

View Full Version : NY - Man rescues dog, it gets loose, cops kill it, now they won't give him the body.

Anti Federalist
01-14-2013, 04:34 PM
*sigh*

"Because FUCK YOU! that's why." - Officer Friendly

Man tries to retrieve dog shot and killed by RPD, police say it's not his dog

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S2895889.shtml?cat=565

Posted at: 01/14/2013 2:37 PM | Updated at: 01/14/2013 2:54 PM

By: Berkeley Brean | WHEC.com

The only thing Steven Benus-Jodoin wants is to get the body of his dog Codi. The dog, shot and killed by an RPD officer last Tuesday, is at the city's animal shelter. Benus-Jodoin has tried to several times to retrieve the dog, but the police won't give it to him. Why not?

That's the question we asked.

The answer from Chief James Sheppard is that Benus-Jodoin is not the rightful owner and they don't release dogs to non-owners.

But what makes a owner?

Benus-Jodoin says he rescued the dog from a home in the city. From his work, he says he could see the dog being neglected and abused in the back yard of its house. Benus-Jodoin says he took the dog for a nominal fee and has cared for it ever since.

Last week, the dog mistakenly got loose from his house in Greece (near Charlotte) and ran off. Benus-Jodoin says he searched for his dog.

Police say the dog was acting in a threatening manner and was eventually shot and killed by an officer near the Charlotte Pier.

Codi was taken to the Verona Street Animal Shelter (near Kodak Tower) where the body remain.

According to the RPD, there is no proof that Benus-Jodoin is the dog's owner.

Tonight on News10NBC, you'll hear from Benus-Jodoin after he walked out of the shelter, denied access to the dog again.

You'll also hear from Chief Sheppard who says his officers followed department protocol.

heavenlyboy34
01-14-2013, 05:01 PM
I wish these stories were published in places where Boobus consumes info. :/ There needs to be serious public awareness of this problem. As you know, AF, this sort of violence tends to lead to violence against people.

Spikender
01-14-2013, 05:25 PM
I wish these stories were published in places where Boobus consumes info. :/ There needs to be serious public awareness of this problem. As you know, AF, this sort of violence tends to lead to violence against people.

As if Boobus would even care. I've brought up stories like this all the time in conversations with boot-lickers and they just cover their ears and make noises with their foodhole until I stop trying to change their cheery little world view.

SeanTX
01-14-2013, 05:48 PM
Same thing happened here in Lubbock, Texas a couple of summers back. A family was the victim of a home invasion robbery and called the police, and when LPD arrived they victimized them again by killing their St. Bernard (right in front of their kids, all because it was barking -- so the coward cop peed his panties and shot it). The family wanted their dog so they could have it cremated but LPD had animal control come pick it up and then refused to let the family have it.

All this talk of us needing AR-15s and similar rifles to fight tyranny makes me laugh -- this and far worse goes on in this country, yet nobody is exercising their 2nd amendment right to lock and load and take care of these costumed government thugs -- so we might just as well turn them all in and keep taking what the badged-tyrants dish out.

Anti Federalist
01-14-2013, 10:27 PM
////

bolil
01-14-2013, 10:51 PM
Something tells me the wounds do not indicate a defensive kill. Wouldn't do to have that get out there.