PDA

View Full Version : Steve Stockman threatens impeachment over exec orders on gun control

tsai3904
01-14-2013, 02:21 PM
Stockman warns Obama: Push for gun control will be met with White House budget cuts, possible impeachment

WASHINGTON – Congressman Steve Stockman (R-Texas 36th) released the following statement Monday afternoon.

The White House’s recent announcement they will use executive orders and executive actions to infringe on our constitutionally-protected right to keep and bear arms is an unconstitutional and unconscionable attack on the very founding principles of this republic.

I will seek to thwart this action by any means necessary, including but not limited to eliminating funding for implementation, defunding the White House, and even filing articles of impeachment.

The President’s actions are an existential threat to this nation. The right of the people to keep and bear arms is what has kept this nation free and secure for over 200 years. The very purpose of the Second Amendment is to stop the government from disallowing people the means to defend themselves against tyranny. Any proposal to abuse executive power and infringe upon gun rights must be repelled with the stiffest legislative force possible.

Under no circumstances whatsoever may the government take any action that disarms any peaceable person – much less without due process through an executive declaration without a vote of Congress or a ruling of a court.

The President’s actions are not just an attack on the Constitution and a violation of his sworn oath of office – they are a direct attack on Americans that place all of us in danger. If the President is allowed to suspend constitutional rights on his own personal whims, our free republic has effectively ceased to exist.

http://stockman.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/stockman-warns-obama-push-for-gun-control-will-be-met-with-white-house

Darguth
01-14-2013, 02:24 PM
I'm really starting to like this Steve Stockman fellow :)

Pericles
01-14-2013, 02:25 PM
Stockman was away from Congress for far too long.

Confederate
01-14-2013, 02:25 PM

Starting? This guy has been awesome since he served one term in 1995-97.

Lucille
01-14-2013, 02:30 PM
If the President is allowed to suspend constitutional rights on his own personal whims, our free republic has effectively ceased to exist.

He already has, many times over.

Darguth
01-14-2013, 02:42 PM
Starting? This guy has been awesome since he served one term in 1995-97.

I've only recently become aware of him :shrug:

shane77m
01-14-2013, 02:55 PM
Obama will never be impeached.

Brian4Liberty
01-14-2013, 03:02 PM
Good one, tweet worthy:

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/290924638576467968

CaptainAmerica
01-14-2013, 03:12 PM
should stop threatening and actually write the freaking impeachment papers .

Athan
01-14-2013, 03:23 PM
This guy needs to be supported! Avoid violence! Promote peace! Support full punishment by the law of the land!

cbrons
01-14-2013, 03:53 PM
This guy needs to be supported! Avoid violence! Promote peace! Support full punishment by the law of the land!

Yay Don Quixote! Tilt at those windmills! Use the "justice" system that they control! haha, sorry

JK/SEA
01-14-2013, 04:24 PM
Yay Don Quixote! Tilt at those windmills! Use the "justice" system that they control! haha, sorry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY

specsaregood
01-14-2013, 04:25 PM
I've only recently become aware of him :shrug:

His district includes some of RP's past constituents. :)

Carson
01-17-2013, 06:25 PM

Me to.

I read a hit piece they where making rude comments on over on Fark.com (http://www.fark.com/). He sounds pretty good to me.

The same thing is always happening at election time. Someone spends a lot of money to badmouth someone or some proposition and I immediately mark my sample ballot.

In 1994, TX elected a former steet vagrant to Congress, but threw him out after 1 term as he proved to be a lunatic who spouted wild conspiracy theories. Almost 20 years later, he's back in Congress-and now considered part of the GOP mainstream

The fark news article;

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-milbank-steve-stockman-a-radical-gone-mainstream/2013/01/15/3fcc8d8e-5f6c-11e2-9940-6fc488f3fecd_story.html?hpid=z6

The comments;

http://www.fark.com/comments/7538987/In-1994-TX-elected-a-former-steet-vagrant-to-Congress-but-threw-him-out-after-1-term-as-he-proved-to-be-a-lunatic-who-spouted-wild-conspiracy-theories-Almost-20-years-later-hes-back-in-Congress-now-considered-part-of-GOP-mainstream

Man the comments here are a breath of fresh air!

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
01-17-2013, 07:39 PM
Obama will never be impeached.

In a blue and red, black and white world of tellitubbies, why would emperor Obama choose to abdicate his throne?

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
01-17-2013, 07:44 PM

Have you read both books of Don Quixote de la Manche? It is as if you are supposing that government can somehow be controlled by laws. You seem to be pooh poohing the idea of altering the course of events by way of holding our government to their conscience. You seem to be implying that the false powers of manipulation are greater than the one true power of the Truth. This is a very difficult point to understand. It isn't complex, but very subtle.

shane77m
01-17-2013, 08:00 PM
In a blue and red, black and white world of tellitubbies, why would emperor Obama choose to abdicate his throne?

I don't see Obama leaving office quietly at the supposed end of his term. Should be interesting if we make it to 2016.

dinosaur
01-17-2013, 08:04 PM
Making it a federal crime to enforce an enumerated list of unconstitutional executive orders might be a better course of action than impeachment, assuming we take the Senate in 2014.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
01-17-2013, 09:14 PM
I don't see Obama leaving office quietly at the supposed end of his term. Should be interesting if we make it to 2016.

At least you realize the subtle math involved with the subtle exponential ways in which civilizations fall. We aren't just falling, but accelerating in our fall. In order to make an effort internally to have Adolph Hitler removed from power, people had to step forward who were willing to be deemed as traitors hoping such sacrifices would gain the upper hand enough eventually to where people had the courage to accept later violators of the established order as patriots.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
01-17-2013, 09:23 PM
Making it a federal crime to enforce an enumerated list of unconstitutional executive orders might be a better course of action than impeachment, assuming we take the Senate in 2014.

They don't violate in that way. They nibble a little here and nibble a little there. They will leave this for now so they can nibble on a little more of the Constitution elsewhere. Later on they will come back to nibble some more. It is all about appeasement. One has to think like a coward. We make the mistake of confusing this typical tyranny with how social communism manages to wiggle its way in. Ultimately, our major problem reduces down to a long standing war that has been going on between two established orders. The new order established within our Founders declaration was an attempt to finally incorporate "All men" into the social contract. This was a major breakthrough. The people living within the area of this major breakthrough have confused our Founders lightening-in-a-bottle for their own already established pagan puritan order. They can't see the forest for the trees so to speak. This is why they are endangering the new order won for us by our Founders with the implementation of laws. They are stumbling us up by leaving our borders undefended and by counterfeiting false economies which favors the advancement of the old pagan puritan order making them parasites of the Union rather than an important symbiotic part of it. They are trying to establish a new empire within the northeast by relegating the rest of the states to the level of lessor colonies and territories.

truthspeaker
01-17-2013, 10:29 PM
Stockman's my Congressman!

SpreadOfLiberty
02-08-2013, 11:20 PM
Found video:

http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/16/congressman-pushing-obama-impeachment-likens-president-to-saddam-hussein-video/

“He is even using children,” Stockman said. “It reminds me of Saddam Hussein when you use kids.”

sailingaway
02-08-2013, 11:21 PM
I do like him.

why he isn't doing this on drones, I dunno.