PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone listening to Obama? - WOW!

tangent4ronpaul
01-14-2013, 11:09 AM
lotta gun control stuff...

-t

kcchiefs6465
01-14-2013, 11:12 AM
I overheard maybe 2 minutes of the speech where he was talking about the downright sillyness of America not paying it's bills by way of raising the debt ceiling. That was all I needed to hear. The whole damn thing was ridiculous though, I'm sure.

AuH20
01-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Obama stated that he is committed towards using an EO to curb gun violence.

shane77m
01-14-2013, 11:32 AM
Listening to the man speak makes me nauseous.

Romulus
01-14-2013, 11:33 AM
And the liberals said he wasn't going to take away guns.

libertygrl
01-14-2013, 11:36 AM

I felt that way with Bush. Seems like whoever gets into office lately, is not good for my digestive system. :(

CaptUSA
01-14-2013, 11:40 AM
You know, there's a huge problem when you think the only reason people don't like your ideas is because they have some special interest to make money.

This is where Obama is always wrong. Unfortunately, every one he talks to tells him this. "The country is with you, the special interests aren't."

Qdog
01-14-2013, 11:42 AM

I know... I pretty much go onto a hypnotic trance when I listen to him speak, and afterwards, I cant remember anything.

itshappening
01-14-2013, 11:44 AM
Jabbing at Republicans, he quoted House Speaker John Boehner's remarks of two years ago that allowing a default on U.S. obligations - the practical effect of failing to raise the debt limit - would be a disaster.
-

And that's why having Boehner as your leader is hopeless.

shane77m
01-14-2013, 11:48 AM
I know... I pretty much go onto a hypnotic trance when I listen to him speak, and afterwards, I cant remember anything.

maybe that is why he is getting to do so many unconstitutional and criminal things.

cheapseats
01-14-2013, 11:52 AM

He said he expects Joe Biden (who coined DRUG CZAR, I think) to present him with proposals/measures, some of which would require legislation and some of which he can (and presumably will) enact "administratively".

The example he gave for administrative ramrodding was coordination of information about guns/people involved in crimes.

Todd
01-14-2013, 11:56 AM
Let's go deeper. Remember it was the GOP and Conservative bobble heads who went to sleep and gave Bush the Keys to this executive order shit when they ignored his Patriot Act and executive power grab.

Now Obama's driving the Car. And now taking the liberties to go after guns using it. Irony indeed.

Lucille
01-14-2013, 11:57 AM

Oh yeah? Can't wait to see how the stroke of his magic pen curbs gun violence. I thought this was a press conference on the debt "ceiling."

The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies.
--Barack Obama (March 2006)

cheapseats
01-14-2013, 12:00 PM
Let's go deeper. Remember it was the GOP and Conservative bobble heads who went to sleep and gave Bush the Keys to this executive order shit when they ignored his Patriot Act and executive power grab.

Now Obama's driving the Car. And now taking the liberties to go after guns using it. Irony indeed.

Warnings that the jackboot would go on the other Heel fell on deaf ears.

ctiger2
01-14-2013, 12:00 PM
I overheard maybe 2 minutes of the speech where he was talking about the downright sillyness of America not paying it's bills by way of raising the debt ceiling. That was all I needed to hear. The whole damn thing was ridiculous though, I'm sure.

lol! Raising the debt ceiling IS not paying your bills. Politicians are the worst.

Philhelm
01-14-2013, 12:03 PM
And the liberals said he wasn't going to take away guns.

They embrace treachery.

cheapseats
01-14-2013, 12:03 PM
He said he expects Joe Biden (who coined DRUG CZAR, I think) to present him with proposals/measures, some of which would require legislation and some of which he can (and presumably will) enact "administratively".

The example he gave for administrative ramrodding was coordination of information about guns/people involved in crimes.

Demand fast-track deportation of Illegal Immigrants thusly revealed.

Lucille
01-14-2013, 12:27 PM
We've got to stop lurching from crisis to crisis to crisis (http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-01-14/we-are-not-deadbeat-nation-full-obama-transcript)...

Please. No one loves back-to-back, Washington-manufactured crises more than that drama queen.

acptulsa
01-14-2013, 12:32 PM
I felt that way with Bush. Seems like whoever gets into office lately, is not good for my digestive system. :(

We just aren't built to digest manure. The vegetables, yes. Us, not so much.

Warnings that the jackboot would go on the other Heel fell on deaf ears.

Every eight years. Just like a metronome.

It's a slow dance. But it's grinding us down nonetheless.

lol! Raising the debt ceiling IS not paying your bills. Politicians are the worst.

Watch that, mundane. Truth is treason in this empire.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-14-2013, 12:34 PM

It would be irony if they weren't all on the same team.

pcosmar
01-14-2013, 01:27 PM
Is anyone listening to Obama?

I try not to.. but this EO rumor/talk is circulating

Everything the government does is wrong. Why should this be any different?

Anti Federalist
01-14-2013, 01:34 PM

And he will direct the ATF to do it.

The only way Congress could shut it down is remove funding.

Oh, but you can't do that, because, thank fucking you GWB and the GOP, it's all rolled into the monolithic DHS now.

Ironing, indeed.