PDA

View Full Version : NY reached a deal?

shane77m
01-14-2013, 10:36 AM
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Gun-Control-Assault-Weapons-Ban-Magazines-Limit-Cuomo-NY-186794151.html

People familiar with the internal negotiations say Gov. Andrew Cuomo and legislative leaders have a tentative deal to enact the nation's first gun control measure following the Newtown, Conn., school shooting.

The tentative agreement would further restrict New York's ban on assault weapons and limit the size of magazines to seven bullets, rather than the current 10. Other elements, pushed by Republicans, would refine a mental health law that allows for civil confinement of people determined to be a threat to others.

The people spoke on condition of anonymity because the proposal had not been discussed among rank and file legislators. They say the tentative deal struck over the weekend will be debated behind closed doors Monday in the Senate and Assembly.

If the deal survives as expected, a bill could be presented this week.

My question is who determines who is a threat and what are the criteria? Threats of violence in a Youtube video, political affiliation, religious affiliation, being prescribed medication for mental illness?

Are people going to give up their "illegal" firearms?

There needs to be a nationwide campaign to support the people of New York in not complying.

kathy88
01-14-2013, 10:36 AM
This is so very bad.

Kotin
01-14-2013, 10:39 AM
New York is one of those states where I probably will never be surprised by what they do..

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-14-2013, 10:40 AM
More reasons to stay out of NY, I suppose. Their existing laws keep me from visiting anyway.

BnXmkpfrME
01-14-2013, 10:45 AM
and tell me why 10- to 7 bullets matters in the fight against crime?

This does matter to the fight against the 2nd Amendment freedom, they are continuing to narrow it to nothing.

If this passes then Kimber and Henry gun companies need to move and take their jobs with them.

roho76
01-14-2013, 10:46 AM
My question is who determines who is a threat and what are the criteria? Threats of violence in a Youtube video, political affiliation, religious affiliation, being prescribed medication for mental illness?

I'm sure it's something like: If you're a gun owner, then you are a threat to others and subject to civil confinement. This is where they round up gun owners and throw them in jail. For the children, of course.

TonySutton
01-14-2013, 10:53 AM
I feel threatened by everyone who talks of taking my guns away. Please lock those people up so I will feel safe again.

Lucille
01-14-2013, 10:56 AM
pushed by Republicans, would refine a mental health law that allows for civil confinement of people determined to be a threat to others.

Not good.

At least as alarming (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?401173-Newtown-and-the-Bipartisan-Police-State) as the finger pointing have been the particular solutions most commentators have immediately gravitated toward. Progressives immediately began accusing conservatives of cutting mental health funding, and conservatives immediately fired back that civil libertarians have eroded the capacity of government to involuntarily commit those suspected of mental illness. This is, I think, perhaps the most disturbing reaction in the long run. Great strides have been made in the last half century to roll back the totalitarianism of mandatory psychiatric commitment. For much of modern history, hundreds of thousands were denied basic human rights due to their unusual behavior, most of it peaceful in itself. Lobotomies and sterilization were common, as were locking people into hellish psychiatric gulags where they were repeatedly medicated against their will, stripped of any sanity they previously had. The most heroic libertarian in recent years may have been the recently departed Thomas Szasz, who stood against mainstream psychiatry’s unholy alliance with the state, correctly pointing out that the system of mandatory treatment was as evil and authoritarian as anything we might find in the prison system or welfare state.

TomtheTinker
01-14-2013, 11:02 AM
I feel like im being buried alive

ClydeCoulter
01-14-2013, 11:07 AM
From Lucille's post:
"capacity of government to involuntarily commit those suspected of mental illness"

Wow

tod evans
01-14-2013, 11:10 AM
From Lucille's post:
"capacity of government to involuntarily commit those suspected of mental illness"

Wow

Run, fast and far!

frodus24
01-14-2013, 11:15 AM
^^^^Well, consider me fucked! I talk to myself.....so would I be a suspect of mental illness?

tod evans
01-14-2013, 11:16 AM
^^^^Well, consider me fucked! I talk to myself.....

I answer....:o

Philhelm
01-14-2013, 12:00 PM
The next step will be for the children of firearm owners to be seized by CPS. Obviously firearm owners have an unsafe household and are mentally unbalanced. They're not saying you can't have guns; you just can't have guns and children.

shane77m
01-14-2013, 12:04 PM
The next step will be for the children of firearm owners to be seized by CPS. Obviously firearm owners have an unsafe household and are mentally unbalanced. They're not saying you can't have guns; you just can't have guns and children.

That would be a bad day for the officials that come to seize children. I would not compromise on that issue.

tangent4ronpaul
01-14-2013, 12:11 PM

This isn't the next step. Been there. :(

-t

FSP-Rebel
01-14-2013, 12:12 PM
While I feel for the New Yorkers amongst us, at least you still have this song going for ya:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UjsXo9l6I8

ZENemy
01-14-2013, 12:20 PM
This isn't the next step. Been there. :(

-t

It IS the next step.

CPS is taking kids from families that feed their kids raw milk, just WAIT till to see what they come up with for gun owners.

tangent4ronpaul
01-14-2013, 12:24 PM
I told you it's the current step. I had a roommate who's kid was snatched by CPS right after birth and one of the reasons for not giving her custody in family court is that she lived with me and our idiot, loud mouthed LIBERAL lawyer blearted out that I owned guns. They considered this an inappropriate atmosphere to raise a child in.

-t

seyferjm
01-14-2013, 04:09 PM
I just read on HuffingtonCompost that this set to pass? Can anyone confirm?

jbauer
01-14-2013, 04:19 PM
It IS the next step.

CPS is taking kids from families that feed their kids raw milk, just WAIT till to see what they come up with for gun owners.

Heck after my upbringing on a family farm. I'm sure my folks belong locked up. I drank and quite enjoyed "RAW MILK"!!! Tastes quite different and much better then store milk.

jbauer
01-14-2013, 04:20 PM
I told you it's the current step. I had a roommate who's kid was snatched by CPS right after birth and one of the reasons for not giving her custody in family court is that she lived with me and our idiot, loud mouthed LIBERAL lawyer blearted out that I owned guns. They considered this an inappropriate atmosphere to raise a child in.

-t

So its not ok to own something that you legaly own? What about all the other evil things liberals do?

jkr
01-14-2013, 04:23 PM
I H8
NY

presence
01-14-2013, 04:24 PM
New York poised to be first to pass gun control bill following Conn. school shooting

By Associated Press,

ALBANY, N.Y. — A key New York Senate leader and the Assembly speaker said they expect the state Legislature to vote Monday to enact what would be the nation’s first gun control measure following last month’s Connecticut school shooting.

“I think when all is said and done, we are going to pass a comprehensive gun bill today,” Sen. Jeffrey Klein told reporters Monday morning. “I’m very excited about it. I am very confident we are going to vote on a comprehensive bill that will be agreed on by the governor, the Senate and Assembly.”

People familiar with closed-door negotiations told The Associated Press a tentative deal was struck over the weekend.
The tentative agreement would further restrict New York’s ban on assault weapons,

limit the size of magazines to

seven bullets

, down from the current 10
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ap-sources-ny-has-tentative-deal-on-assault-weapon-ban-limit-on-ammo-magazine-size/2013/01/14/c6d83e68-5e63-11e2-8acb-ab5cb77e95c8_story.html

Vote on New York state gun laws could come today
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/01/14/cuomo-new-york-guns/1833271/

NY Poised to Be 1st to Pass Post-Massacre Gun Bill
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/ap-sources-ny-tentative-deal-gun-control-18211313h

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qR0Uke2XNI

Anti Federalist
01-14-2013, 04:25 PM

Yup, count on it.

Anti Federalist
01-14-2013, 04:28 PM
And, of course, what is really sad about this is that nothing will happen, nothing at all, nobody will do shit.

99 percent will meekly submit, maybe one percent will not, they will be ruthlessly stamped out, or maybe ignored until all the dust settles and then quietly picked off one by one.

seyferjm
01-14-2013, 04:33 PM
And, of course, what is really sad about this is that nothing will happen, nothing at all, nobody will do shit.

99 percent will meekly submit, maybe one percent will not, they will be ruthlessly stamped out, or maybe ignored until all the dust settles and then quietly picked off one by one.

And they (those who DO NOT comply) will be painted as maniacs that the benevolent government has to protect you from. Nevermind the fact that they are squashing a Constitutional right!

presence
01-14-2013, 04:49 PM
top comments here:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/blue-state-governors-not-waiting-washington-pass-gun-180028343.html

Guns are already hard as hell to get in NJ, and somehow our gun violence went up last year... Something about that seems to contradict what media tells us...
[]
By NY passing a 7 round magazine limit, they will have effectively made just about every handgun in NY illegal or inoperable, as no magazines of that capacity exist for most self defense handguns. It will apply to everyone..................except the criminals.[]

Illinois better hurry up and ban guns, murder is out of control in Chicago.

[]

Not a single gun control measure that these knee jerk politicians are recommending would have stopped the tragedy in Newtown.

[]

What a waste of time. How about enforcing the criminal laws on the books?

[]

Most blue states have rampant inner city gun crimes and murders - CA, MI, NJ, NY, DC, RI, CT, MD - and they are addressing this now?? Awful. CT had one of strictest in country but sadly that did not prevent Newtown. What will happen is more bloated, ineffective policy that won't help anyone but..

[]

Aren't all Law enforcement officials & elected Politician sworn to up hold the Constitution??

They should be fired the moment they fail to do so !!

[]

They just passed a law giving lifetime secret service guards to the president and his family and included past presidents.
Then they talk about restricting the public form being able to protect them selves with even more gun control!
Well if gun control and bans are good for the people...

cbrons
01-14-2013, 04:52 PM
I feel bad for the people in NY, I live in IL and its horrible to feel stuck behind the scum at the top.

presence
01-14-2013, 05:38 PM
UPDATE: New York Legislature expected to vote tonight on gun-control legislation

Last updated: 4:35 PM - 01/14/13

ALBANY. (AP) – The first Republican senator to emerge from a five-hour private session says he expects the New York Legislature to vote on a gun control bill by the end of the day.

State Sen. Michael Nozzolio from Monroe County says there are a number of concerns remaining, but he expects the vote.

The issue would not be coming to the floor under Albany rules if it wasn’t almost sure to pass.

People familiar with closed-door negotiations say a tentative deal was struck over the weekend.

It would tighten New York’s ban on assault weapons, limit the size of magazines to seven bullets, down from 10, and enact more stringent background checks for sales.

It would be the nation's first gun control measure following last month's Connecticut school shooting.

Sen. Jeffrey Klein, who leads the Independent Democratic Conference in the Senate, says the bill will include a strengthened ban on assault weapons, will restrict ammunition magazines to seven bullets from the current 10 and will institute harsher penalties for gun crimes.

Klein tells reporters he's confident the bill will be passed Monday.

People close to the closed-door negotiations tell The Associated Press the tentative deal is in place. The people spoke on condition of anonymity because the proposal had not been discussed among rank and file lawmakers.

A Cuomo administration official says there's no agreement.

Up to the minute google coverage:
http://www.google.com/news/story?pz=1&cf=all&ned=us&hl=en&q=ny+magazine+limit+seven&ncl=dDxv-quLaVOhHAMRLVMbh8DLpk5wM&cf=all&scoring=n

presence
01-14-2013, 05:48 PM
Ron Paul:

I might not even have any to turn in, but
I don't think the American people will

A line in the sand will be drawn!

If a federal agent marches in and says give me your guns and give me your gold
I don't think we'll do that calmly
I think the American People will highly resent it and

RESIST!/\

Keith and stuff
01-14-2013, 05:48 PM
I don't understand. Don't there have to be public hearings in both the NY House and the NY Senate? Aren't these hearings supposed to be days apart? This doesn't make any sense.

TheTexan
01-14-2013, 06:03 PM
It looks like people in New York will have 3 options. Fight, flight, or submit.

shane77m
01-14-2013, 06:05 PM
I guess if this passes, New York could be a foreshadowing of things to come.

presence
01-14-2013, 06:08 PM

Don't forget:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31cWY6fRuvL._SY300_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/214tflYUieL._SY300_.jpg

Anti Federalist
01-14-2013, 06:22 PM
When you think it is time to bury your guns...it really is time to be digging them up.

Don't forget:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31cWY6fRuvL._SY300_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/214tflYUieL._SY300_.jpg

cbrons
01-14-2013, 06:25 PM

I'll bet $200 via paypal they do the last one. Well maybe 2% will leave. The other 98% will hand their "illegal" magazines into the Nazis.

manny229
01-14-2013, 06:27 PM
Fight or regroup to friendly territory. Those are my only options.

tony m
01-14-2013, 06:28 PM

Don't know how much of a critical mass there would be here for any type of counter pressure. I am on the NYhunting forum and there are plenty of people commenting on there that sound like they are not willing to counter. So it would seem that there are a decent percentage of gun owners that do want restrictions. Discussions have been about what type of restrictions.

NYS could be considered a lost cause. Because of NYC, and its population number, and therefore its representative number, they actually control the whole state.

Chuck Baldwin's article on why he moved to Montana is good. The best chances for resist, survive, and recover, is in the states that have the least amount of metropolitan area. The bigger the city/cities in the state, the less chance of people having control and faster action to help each other as a unit.

We'll find out more soon and then hopefully people will start to get together and decide what course of action to take as a whole.

mad cow
01-14-2013, 06:30 PM
If this passes then Kimber and Henry gun companies need to move and take their jobs with them.

I own guns from both these companies,other guns are manufactured in Conn. and Ma.
Why don't they move?It boggles the mind.

Anti Federalist
01-14-2013, 06:39 PM
I am on the NYhunting forum and there are plenty of people commenting on there that sound like they are not willing to counter.

Fuck a bunch of Fudds.

This is the recreational/commercial fishing argument all over again.

30 years the "sportsmen" were all for banning this, that and the other type of commercial fishing.

Only to find, thirty years later, that in many places around the country, having killed off any type of commercial fishing, the Fedcoats are now banning whole areas of ocean from any fishing.

The weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth from the "sports" as this started happening over the last few years has been Schadenfreude music to my ears.

Keith and stuff
01-14-2013, 06:39 PM
NYS could be considered a lost cause. Because of NYC, and its population number, and therefore its representative number, they actually control the whole state.

Right now, all of the states are a lost cause. The government gets bigger, decade after decade. But yes, NY is the least free state and along with CA, is likely to continue to go down faster than most other states.

cbrons
01-14-2013, 06:46 PM
I own guns from both these companies,other guns are manufactured in Conn. and Ma.
Why don't they move?It boggles the mind.

I'm in a Nazi state right now (illinois). But I can't leave due to school. It sucks man. It is quite literally depressing knowing that I'm basically stuck under some of the lowest scum who run the place.

kahless
01-14-2013, 06:48 PM
Right now, all of the states are a lost cause. The government gets bigger, decade after decade. But yes, NY is the least free state and along with CA, is likely to continue to go down faster than most other states.

Massachusetts has NY beat. Under Romney they were the first state to have an assault weapons ban and also the first to employ the Romneycare individual mandate.

Humanae Libertas
01-14-2013, 06:51 PM
Massachusetts has NY beat. Under Romney they were the first state to have an assault weapons ban and also the first to employ the Romneycare individual mandate.

Actually that was North Korea -- oops, I mean California back in 1989 -- they passed the first AWB and set the narrative for the gun grabbers to pass the federal Clinton AWB in '94. I feel sorry for you guys up North East. I hope you all stand up against the tyrants.

tony m
01-14-2013, 07:09 PM
hope you all stand up against the tyrants.

The last time there was a successful counter was in Allegany county when people got into the streets against having a nuclear dump there. It actually is a good example of American resistance. I recall hearing about the grandma holding a shotgun standing with others.

Will this happen again? If nothing does, I just don't know what to say yet.

http://nvdatabase.swarthmore.edu/content/allegany-county-resists-nuclear-dumping-1989-1990

Damn we need some inspiration. Here's the article.

The state of New York was required by federal law to have a nuclear waste dump by January 1, 1993. In 1988, a special siting committee formed to determine where to put the dump. The siting commission considered five sites in rural Allegany County, New York, as potential spots to put the nuclear dump. The people of Allegany County linked arms in several acts of civil disobedience to prevent the construction of a nuclear waste facility in their backyard.

Initially, opposition mounted with the formation of the Concerned Citizens of Allegany County (CCAC), who were committed to waging a political and legal battle against the commission. Then, the Allegany County Nonviolent Action Group (ACNAG) formed from concerned residents who determined that nonviolent resistance was the only way to stop the dump from being built.

On May 31, 1989, ACNAG completed its first action in Belmont outside of the county courthouse. The siting commission planned to do a "windshield tour" of potential sites and meet with local legislators. When the commission members arrived, protesters surrounded their car and linked arms, preventing them from exiting. A designated person placed wooden blocks behind the wheels, so that no one would get run over by the car. All of the demonstrators who were willing to be arrested wore orange bands on their arms, while other supporters wore yellow bands. The sheriff arrested 48 people wearing orange bands; all of them walked peacefully to the holding area and waited dutifully for their citations.

On August 1, Governor Mario Cuomo met with members of the CCAC at Alfred State College. Before he addressed the crowd, a woman with a child, representing ACNAG, walked past security officers onto the stage to deliver a declaration by ACNAG to resist the nuclear dump through civil disobedience. Although the CCAC worked tremendously hard to argue that the mandate to build the dump was unconstitutional, they had only marginal success in the political and legal realms. Meanwhile, ACNAG held more than 20 civil disobedience training sessions, many drawing over 100 people. People realized that the only way to save their land was through nonviolent action.

At the end of October, the CCAC held a community-wide rally called a “Night of Rage” at one of the proposed dumping sites. The event was decorated with anti-dumping signs, caricatured jack-o-lanterns of Governor Cuomo, and full-sized effigies of members of the commission. The B.A.N.D.I.T.S., a band formed against nuclear dumping, played a few songs, and a physics professor presented his paper on the horrific effects of low-level radiation. People addressed the crowd about the importance of keeping the resistance nonviolent in nature.

On December 13, 1989, members of ACNAG prevented a technical team sent by the commission from carrying out their tests. Activists gathered early in the morning at the three sites that the technical team could have chosen to work at that day. Once ACNAG leaders located the technical team, they sent everyone there from the other sites for support. ACNAG surrounded the technical team along with their sheriff escort. They promised to keep their arms linked until the technical team agreed to stop their work and leave the county.

The Sheriff defused the situation. When the landowner complained that the technical team hadn’t asked his permission to enter the land, the Sheriff, wanting to get everyone out of the freezing cold, cited the technical team for trespassing. ACNAG agreed to let the team leave the scene in the Sheriff’s custody.

Just over a month later, on January 16, the technical team tried to go to the Caneadea site, only to find the road blocked by old farm equipment and protesters. The team tried to enter via an alternate route, but they just encountered more roadblocks and protesters. The state police came in to help the team gain access to the site, but despite making eight arrests, they couldn’t get past the multiple roadblocks and the teams of demonstrators willing to be arrested.

Two days later, the technical team went to another site, West Almond. ACNAG, with the help of local farmers, set up roadblocks on all access roads. This time more than 50 troopers came prepared with paddy wagons to shuttle people to the jail. People both young and old from around the county lined up at the opportunity to be arrested. When officers asked the activists their names before arresting them, they responded, “My name is Allegany County.” For every one person who was arrested, there were two people ready to fill their spot. Eventually, in the late afternoon the troopers stopped making arrests, because they weren’t making any progress.

After learning of the technical teams failure to carry out its work, the chairman of the siting commission issued a press release that likened the people of Allegany to mushrooms being starved for information. People responded by writing letters to the editor, explaining how informed and determined they actually were.

Property owners banded together to deny the siting commission’s attempt to rent out office space. Instead, the commission sent a mobile office in a van to provide information on the dump to local residents. However, when they arrived, the van was blocked in by a manure spreader, plastered with posters, blasted with music, skunked, and rocked back and forth as people made it loud and clear that the van was not welcome.

A state Supreme Court judge issued an injunction that forbade anyone from preventing the siting commission from carrying out its work. This would force them to appear in state court, where they would likely receive a $1000 fine and possible incarceration up to six months. ACNAG revised its tactics to minimize arrests by utilizing more old farm equipment as roadblocks to continually delay the troopers. The activists started wearing paper masks to avoid being identified in photos as breaking the injunction. They would force the troopers to arrest grandparents, while the rest of the demonstrators retreated to the next roadblock. ACNAG even enlisted the help of horses to act as a last line of defense.

On April 5, the siting commission came in full force to the Caneadea site with the new injunction in hand. ACNAG was ready to confront them with hundreds of protesters coming out to stand in the way. Six grandparents who chained themselves to the bridge positioned themselves in front of several pieces of farm equipment and masked supporters standing in silence. The state troopers cut the chains, arrested the grandparents, and walked around the equipment and snow barricades that people had constructed. Determined to gain access to the site, the troopers arrested anyone in their way. However, before the troopers got to the angry crowd of 300 people, they encountered a band of masked horsemen. The troopers retreated after attempting to dismount the riders, only to have their feet stomped on by the horses. They were still over a mile away from the site.

The last triumph over the troopers at Caneadea marked victory for Allegany County. Shortly afterward, Governor Cuomo ordered the siting commission to discontinue its attempts at testing in Allegany County. The activists fight ultimately was what stopped the nuclear dump from being built at all. Their story served as inspiration to many similar nonviolent actions against nuclear dumping across the nation.

kahless
01-14-2013, 07:28 PM
Actually that was North Korea -- oops, I mean California back in 1989 -- they passed the first AWB and set the narrative for the gun grabbers to pass the federal Clinton AWB in '94. I feel sorry for you guys up North East. I hope you all stand up against the tyrants.

The Ron Paul vs Romney pdf fliers linked here in these forums have it as Romney signing the first ban. Did CA have enough votes to get it through without the governor signing it and Romney was the first governor to sign it or does it have something to do with his being called a "permanent ban"?

mad cow
01-14-2013, 07:36 PM
I'm in a Nazi state right now (illinois). But I can't leave due to school. It sucks man. It is quite literally depressing knowing that I'm basically stuck under some of the lowest scum who run the place.

I'm a long-time subscriber to Guns&Ammo magazine,a few years ago they had the sense to finally leave Cali...only to move to Illinois. :confused:
Boggles the mind.

Keith and stuff
01-14-2013, 07:39 PM

For guns, sure. Overall, NY is less free than MA. And NYC, especially, is less free.

Humanae Libertas
01-14-2013, 08:14 PM
The Ron Paul vs Romney pdf fliers linked here in these forums have it as Romney signing the first ban. Did CA have enough votes to get it through without the governor signing it and Romney was the first governor to sign it or does it have something to do with his being called a "permanent ban"?

I'm not sure what the vote count was, but here is the wiki page on it:

Roberti-Roos Assault Weapons Control Act of 1989 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roberti-Roos_Assault_Weapons_Control_Act_of_1989)

kahless
01-14-2013, 08:31 PM
I'm not sure what the vote count was, but here is the wiki page on it:

Roberti-Roos Assault Weapons Control Act of 1989 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roberti-Roos_Assault_Weapons_Control_Act_of_1989)

George Deukmejian signed it, so he would be the first. Can't remember why the PDF's around here had Romney being the first governor.

AuH20
01-14-2013, 08:49 PM
Vote is confirmed for MIDNIGHT EST.

cbrons
01-14-2013, 08:51 PM
“The people of this state are crying out for help on gun violence. We don’t need another tragedy,” Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Monday night. “I think this is one of the greatest problems facing our state. If this proposal is enacted it is one of the most comprehensive approaches to the problem.”

You do realize that this is a person that is trying to get a lot of people killed right? Let's say your wife goes out and gets raped because she is disarmed in New York. Ooops! Gov. Cuomo doesn't care, so long as you are an unarmed slave.

Humanae Libertas
01-14-2013, 08:55 PM
George Deukmejian signed it, so he would be the first. Can't remember why the PDF's around here had Romney being the first governor.

Yes George Deukmenijan. He was a RINO POS, praised by Frankenstein and all of the rest of the gun grabbers just because someone shot up a school back in '89 with an AK series rifle. Rahm Emanuel was right: Never let a good crisis go to waste.

AuH20
01-14-2013, 08:55 PM
“The people of this state are crying out for help on gun violence. We don’t need another tragedy,” Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Monday night. “I think this is one of the greatest problems facing our state. If this proposal is enacted it is one of the most comprehensive approaches to the problem.”

You do realize that this is a person that is trying to get a lot of people killed right? Let's say your wife goes out and gets raped because she is disarmed in New York. Ooops! Gov. Cuomo doesn't care, so long as you are an unarmed slave.

5 deaths by rifle last year in New York State. It's a power grab dressed up as a safety issue.

cbrons
01-14-2013, 09:00 PM
5 deaths by rifle last year in New York State. It's a power grab dressed up as a safety issue.

"But Governor Cuomo, won't innocent people be killed since the gangbangers don't obey the laws you are going to be disarming people or making it so they can't carry around larger mags incase they don't know exactly where they are shooting if someone breaks into their house?"

Gov Cuomo: "haha, I don't care. I'm running for President in 2016, I couldn't care less if you get raped or killed or if your whole family burns! I love the power I have! Give me more of your money for the welfare slobs! Now let me take your right to self defense away!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

COpatriot
01-14-2013, 09:00 PM
Jesus Christ. 7 bullets? This is literally the most retarded fucking thing I've heard in my entire life. If the same morons weren't currently running my state I wouldn't have been going to the small gun shops to stock up on mags for my S&W 659 which holds 15.

Un-fucking-believable.

AuH20
01-14-2013, 09:09 PM
THIS IS BOLD!!!!:

* ban on pre 1994 mags with cap of 11 or more
* ban on mags over 7 rounds
* background checks on all ammo purchases
* mental health reporting which is to be checked against the (new??) gun registry database
* 1 feature test for AW. Bushmaster AR banned by name
* 10 round mags to be grandfathered in but may only be loaded with 7 rounds (read elsewhere this will be a misdemeanor)
* all sales of ammo from registered ammo dealers to be reported to local police
* background check on all ammo purcahses
* ban of direct internet ammo purchases
* ammo purchases to go through FFL
* five year renewable registration for AW and handguns

AuH20
01-14-2013, 09:24 PM
Our Fort Sumter moment in roughly about an hour and a half. Granted, New York is filled with stooges primarily near NYC, but then again there are some pockets where I wouldn't want to piss anyone off.

ClydeCoulter
01-14-2013, 10:02 PM
THIS IS BOLD!!!!:

* ban on pre 1994 mags with cap of 11 or more
* ban on mags over 7 rounds
* background checks on all ammo purchases
* mental health reporting which is to be checked against the (new??) gun registry database
* 1 feature test for AW. Bushmaster AR banned by name
* 10 round mags to be grandfathered in but may only be loaded with 7 rounds (read elsewhere this will be a misdemeanor)
* all sales of ammo from registered ammo dealers to be reported to local police
* background check on all ammo purcahses
* ban of direct internet ammo purchases
* ammo purchases to go through FFL
* five year renewable registration for AW and handguns

With new guns added to the AW list as more state funds are needed.

RonPaulFanInGA
01-14-2013, 10:05 PM
New York will pass the same failed Chicago laws, and they'll fail to reduce gun crimes again, and we'll all hear about how it's because other states still have lax laws on guns. Remember that time Durbin blamed Illinois' gun crime on Mississippi having loose gun control laws?

AuH20
01-14-2013, 10:15 PM
This is on TV right now. The bill's sponsor Rueben Diaz just admitted that the bill will do little to curtail violence. He stated criminal behavior is primarily an issue of the mind.

AuH20
01-14-2013, 10:23 PM
It just passed 43-18 in the upper chamber.

Pauls' Revere
01-15-2013, 12:05 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/ny-poised-1st-pass-post-massacre-gun-bill-181248937.html

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — Days after calling for an overhaul of gun control in New York following the Connecticut school shooting, Gov. Andrew Cuomo worked out a tough proposal on gun control with legislative leaders who promised to pass the most restrictive gun law in the nation.

The measure passed the Senate 43-18 on the strength of support from Democrats, many of whom previously sponsored the bills that were once blocked by Republicans.

The Democrat-led Assembly gaveled out before midnight and planned to take the issue up at 10 a.m. Tuesday. It is expected to pass easily.

"This is a scourge on society," Cuomo said Monday night, one month after the Newtown, Conn., shooting that took the lives of 20 first graders and six educators. "At what point do you say, 'No more innocent loss of life.'"

"It is well-balanced, it protects the Second Amendment," said Senate Republican leader Dean Skelos of Long Island. "And there is no confiscation of weapons, which was at one time being considered.

Keith and stuff
01-15-2013, 12:12 AM
Does it have the restriction on no magazines over 7 rounds? If so, wouldn't that make most handguns for most people only be able to fire 1 round at a time? Load a round in the handgun, fire it. Load another round in the handgun, fire it.

cbrons
01-15-2013, 12:19 AM
"It is well-balanced, it protects the Second Amendment," said Senate Republican leader Dean Skelos of Long Island. "And there is no confiscation of weapons, which was at one time being considered.

Subhuman traitor slime

Philhelm
01-15-2013, 12:41 AM
So it begins...

TheNewYorker
01-15-2013, 01:52 AM
FUCK YOU CUOMO YOU FUCKING WOP. And i can say that because I'm part Italian

If i could move out of this piece of shit state and stop giving you my tax dollars i would. Unfortunately you raped all of my income this year, so i can't. But i might just sell my car and buy 50 guns to spite you

TheNewYorker
01-15-2013, 01:55 AM
So does this mean, my uncle who recently died and is having his estate settled, and owns guns that have been in the family since the civil war, now have to be turned over to the government and we can't inherit them? Since they are non transferable now. Or is it only assault rifles? Someone please explain their politician talk

bolil
01-15-2013, 01:58 AM
A classic blitz. They are hitting on to many fronts. Obfuscating the real issue while making practical resistance logistically impossible.

Philhelm
01-15-2013, 01:58 AM
So does this mean, my uncle who recently died and is having his estate settled, and owns guns that have been in the family since the civil war, now have to be turned over to the government and we can't inherit them? Since they are non transferable now. Or is it only assault rifles? Someone please explain their politician talk

I doubt they even think of things like that. They'll make shit up as they go along and "all your guns are belong to them."

TheNewYorker
01-15-2013, 02:16 AM
The bill, Cuomo said, also includes a "Webster provision" — a life-without-parole prison sentence for anyone who murders a first responder. in other words, when thug police come to kill your dog, and you shoot back in self defense, you now = instant prison for life.

This law basically makes it legal for any first responder to rape your wife and you shoot to protect her you = criminal

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-15-2013, 02:26 AM
A classic blitz. They are hitting on to many fronts. Obfuscating the real issue while making practical resistance logistically impossible.

I'm reasonably sure most of the people who *really* want to fight over NYC are already doing it.

tod evans
01-15-2013, 07:20 AM

In a nutshell...........+rep

VanBummel
01-15-2013, 08:10 AM
I guess the only silver lining is that it will show how useless these measures are...after a lot of innocent people get killed. :(

http://joshuatj.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/demotivational-poster-mistakes.jpg

TomtheTinker
01-15-2013, 08:40 AM
in other words, when thug police come to kill your dog, and you shoot back in self defense, you now = instant prison for life.

This law basically makes it legal for any first responder to rape your wife and you shoot to protect her you = criminal

Where in NY are you from?

TheNewYorker
01-15-2013, 08:38 PM
Where in NY are you from?

Out side of syracuse

Anti Federalist
01-15-2013, 09:15 PM
in other words, when thug police come to kill your dog, and you shoot back in self defense, you now = instant prison for life.

Yes, that is correct, Mundane.

paulbot24
01-15-2013, 09:59 PM
Sen. Jeffrey Klein told reporters Monday morning. “I’m very excited about it."

http://morallowground.com/wp-content/uploads/constitution-burning.jpeg