PDA

View Full Version : Rubio proposes bold new Amnesty immigration plan. Will Rand join?

Agorism
01-13-2013, 02:06 PM
Undoubtably working with John McCain, will Rand join forces?

Marco Rubio, Florida's GOP senator, unveils his reform ideas to 'modernize' the system and give illegal immigrants
Amnesty

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Jeb+Bush+Marco+Rubio+Mitt+Romney+Campaigns+N7xC_Ra 174al.jpg

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323442804578235844003050604.html

"Here's how I envision it," he says. "They would have to come forward. They would have to undergo a background check." Anyone who committed a serious crime would be deported. "They would be fingerprinted," he continues. "They would have to pay a fine, pay back taxes, maybe even do community service. They would have to prove they've been here for an extended period of time. They understand some English and are assimilated. Then most of them would get legal status and be allowed to stay in this country."

Brian4Liberty
01-13-2013, 02:21 PM
Why is this in the Rand forum?

Agorism
01-13-2013, 02:23 PM

Because Rand was talking about doing some sort of scheme like this in the near future a while back..

sailingaway
01-13-2013, 02:23 PM

God, and Agorism alone know...

sailingaway
01-13-2013, 02:24 PM
Because Rand was talking about doing some sort of scheme like this in the near future a while back..

ah. well, I'll leave it then.

Keith and stuff
01-13-2013, 02:25 PM
Sounds like a good idea as long as they aren't allowed to vote.

Brian4Liberty
01-13-2013, 02:39 PM

An article on Rand would be nice then.

Rubio stories can go under media spin, as that's the only kind of Rubio story in the msm.

FSP-Rebel
01-13-2013, 02:42 PM
Well, now I know what Rush and Hannity will be talking about tomorrow.

itshappening
01-13-2013, 03:21 PM
An article on Rand would be nice then.

Rubio stories can go under media spin, as that's the only kind of Rubio story in the msm.

Brian, can you move it please? we dont need Rubio propaganda in here!

Southron
01-13-2013, 03:39 PM

Good luck with that because voting is considered a universal human right by many....

Brett85
01-13-2013, 03:46 PM
Is there a way that we can ban this member of Ron Paul forums from posting on Rand's forum?

Brett85
01-13-2013, 03:48 PM
"They would be fingerprinted,"

Great, let's just expand the police state even further.

juleswin
01-13-2013, 03:55 PM

Are the new immigrants going to be taxed? if yes, then they sure will be getting their voting cards

Aratus
01-13-2013, 04:16 PM
marco rubio's plan is sorta like that one from thah "W" that i was never too critical of... usually & typically in the 70s + 80s + 90s
many & most of our bay state green card illegals were often from the south of ireland. wanna guess why we aren't orange county?

01-13-2013, 04:43 PM
I think the fine, back taxes and community service is stupid. They won't come forward facing all that. Just give them a green card and get it over with.

Brett85
01-13-2013, 05:18 PM
I think the fine, back taxes and community service is stupid. They won't come forward facing all that. Just give them a green card and get it over with.

I think the point is to make it look like you're doing something compassionate without actually giving the Democrats millions of new voters.

Galileo Galilei
01-13-2013, 08:10 PM
In an interview with POLITICO, [Rand] Paul said he’ll return to Congress this week pushing measures long avoided by his party. He wants to work with liberal Democratic Sen. Patrick Leahy and Republicans to eliminate mandatory minimum sentences for pot possession. He wants to carve a compromise immigration plan with an “eventual path” to citizenship for illegal immigrants, a proposal he believes could be palatable to conservatives. And he believes his ideas — along with pushing for less U.S. military intervention in conflicts overseas — could help the GOP broaden its tent and appeal to crucial voting blocs that handed Democrats big wins in the West Coast, the Northeast and along the Great Lakes.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83737.html#ixzz2Huaq8rhv

alucard13mmfmj
01-13-2013, 08:15 PM
that 15 million illegal immigrants will change the political landscape. i dont like this at all.

Brett85
01-13-2013, 08:25 PM
that 15 million illegal immigrants will change the political landscape. i dont like this at all.

But like 69360 said, very few illegal immigrants would actually come forward if they faced penalties that severe.

Agorism
01-13-2013, 10:15 PM
The Rubio bill will be toxic. Not only will most of the party not support Rand, but half this forum will have reservations about him as well.

Brett85
01-13-2013, 10:19 PM
The Rubio bill will be toxic. Not only will most of the party not support Rand, but half this forum will have reservations about him as well.

Not hardly. Most libertarians support a more liberal immigration policy, particularly the Cato Institute types.

Brett85
01-13-2013, 10:20 PM
And most of the party supports Rubio despite his stance on the immigration issue. I don't think that's the top issue that Republican voters have.

Agorism
01-13-2013, 11:00 PM
And most of the party supports Rubio despite his stance on the immigration issue. I don't think that's the top issue that Republican voters have.

I'm for a more liberal approach to immigration. Just no the approach that gets the Democrats a new working majority they are promoting.

I don't think we should prosecute people for this, and I also think we need to get rid of national ID systems (social security etc.) If the government doesn't know who is who, and no one is drawing on the system, then it really doesn't matter.

But in terms of patching the current system I thought that last GOP bill was a decent run at it where they got rid of the lottery in favor high tech workers.

loveshiscountry
01-14-2013, 12:40 AM

Marco Rubio, Florida's GOP senator, unveils his reform ideas to 'modernize' the system and give illegal immigrants
Amnesty
"Here's how I envision it," he says. "They would have to come forward. They would have to undergo a background check." Anyone who committed a serious crime would be deported. "They would be fingerprinted," he continues. "They would have to pay a fine, pay back taxes, maybe even do community service. They would have to prove they've been here for an extended period of time. They understand some English and are assimilated. Then most of them would get legal status and be allowed to stay in this country." Most are poor, how would they get the money?

RickyJ
01-14-2013, 12:55 AM
Is there a way that we can ban this member of Ron Paul forums from posting on Rand's forum?
If you did that then this forum would be one big cheering section for Rand and nothing critical of him would be allowed. Deluding yourself and reinforcing your delusion by only reading from those that think likewise to you will not help him to become the president of the USA.

RickyJ
01-14-2013, 12:57 AM

You can count me in those that are against this amnesty plan 100%.

RickyJ
01-14-2013, 01:01 AM

Just ignores the laws then and the sovereignty of the USA?

Most voting Americas will not vote for a person that says they would do something like that, I know I sure wouldn't.

fr33
01-14-2013, 01:05 AM
I support amnesty for all but those with violent crimes pending. I do wish people in the liberty movement would consistently support liberty.

Cut every welfare program in their reach but don't tell people their existence here is illegal; especially anyone who has a job. Very few of you are hoping your kids grow up to be vegetable pickers, tire changers, or house roofers. Very few.

LibertyEagle
01-14-2013, 04:12 AM
I support amnesty for all but those with violent crimes pending. I do wish people in the liberty movement would consistently support liberty.

Cut every welfare program in their reach but don't tell people their existence here is illegal; especially anyone who has a job. Very few of you are hoping your kids grow up to be vegetable pickers, tire changers, or house roofers. Very few.

Okey dokey, then you pay for their "free" healthcare and "free" education. I don't want to.

Smart3
01-14-2013, 05:37 AM
Permanent residency to anyone brought here by their parents prior to the age of 18, with the possibility of citizenship in 5-10 years so long as the person doesn't commit violent crimes. Since they are not citizens, they would not have the right to vote.

Workers' visa to anyone not part of above, if unable to work - have at least three family members with permanent residency or citizenship vouch for you - no deportation but no chance at citizenship.

Anyone convicted with violent crimes should have all their property confiscated & sold - use the money made to deport the SOB.

01-14-2013, 10:15 AM
Just ignores the laws then and the sovereignty of the USA?

Most voting Americas will not vote for a person that says they would do something like that, I know I sure wouldn't.

We're ignoring the laws letting them live here now. Nobody is prosecuting them. Give them a green card and get them legal.

I think the point is to make it look like you're doing something compassionate without actually giving the Democrats millions of new voters.

Probably.

cbrons
01-14-2013, 10:36 AM
To me, Rubio seems like a total rube.

FreeHampshire
01-14-2013, 10:47 AM
I'm convinced the Libertarian movement is full of silent Democrats that are dreaming of a permanent Democratic majority.

Brian4Liberty
01-14-2013, 11:28 AM
Proposing gun control results in a massive rush to buy guns.

Proposing immigration amnesty results in a massive flow of illegal immigrants.

Brett85
01-14-2013, 01:42 PM
If you did that then this forum would be one big cheering section for Rand and nothing critical of him would be allowed. Deluding yourself and reinforcing your delusion by only reading from those that think likewise to you will not help him to become the president of the USA.

This person does nothing but post negative threads about Rand on his own forum. I don't care if people make critical comments of Rand from time to time, but it becomes trollish behavior when people just come on Rand's forum and make nothing but negative comments and negative threads about it. How would you like it if people made all kinds of negative comments and threads about Ron on his own forum?

Brett85
01-14-2013, 01:44 PM
Proposing gun control results in a massive rush to buy guns.

Proposing immigration amnesty results in a massive flow of illegal immigrants.

But is this really "amnesty" when the penalties are so harsh that very few illegal immigrants will even come forward and become citizens?

FSP-Rebel
01-14-2013, 01:54 PM
How would you like it if people made all kinds of negative comments and threads about Ron on his own forum?
I wouldn't even go there, that would be like taking a baseball bat to an african bee colony expecting to make it out alive. It's amusing to me that those that can't stand Rand really love Ron and those of us that love Rand also really love Ron yet we just try to realize what the average conservative that couldn't stomach Ron for whatever reason would see as his shortcomings and that's why we appreciate Rand's crafting of words and concepts to quietly inject libertarianism into conservatism under the table. Rand's hustle is what can endear him to larger demos all the while Ron keeps the base intact. However, Rand's bridging of the gap is what angers the Ron-only folks.

Brian4Liberty
01-14-2013, 01:54 PM
But is this really "amnesty" when the penalties are so harsh that very few illegal immigrants will even come forward and become citizens?

Details are not important, in either of those cases.

Brian4Liberty
01-14-2013, 01:58 PM
This person does nothing but post negative threads about Rand on his own forum. I don't care if people make critical comments of Rand from time to time, but it becomes trollish behavior when people just come on Rand's forum and make nothing but negative comments and negative threads about it. How would you like it if people made all kinds of negative comments and threads about Ron on his own forum?

Next headline from Agorism:

"British libertarian proposes bold new bestiality plan. Will Rand join?"

FSP-Rebel
01-14-2013, 02:09 PM
Next headline from Agorism:

"British libertarian proposes bold new bestiality plan. Will Rand join?"
http://i45.tinypic.com/2echq2r.jpg

erowe1
01-14-2013, 03:08 PM

Amnesty

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Jeb+Bush+Marco+Rubio+Mitt+Romney+Campaigns+N7xC_Ra 174al.jpg

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323442804578235844003050604.html

So under Rubio's plan they have to jump through all those hoops just for the privilege of existing at a certain latitude and longitude without getting deported, while under the status quo they can stay here without doing any of those things. How is that amnesty?

TruckinMike
01-14-2013, 07:13 PM
Enforce the Rule of Law. And until we get "OUR" libertarian ideas propagated the world over the borders should remain closed to folks not meeting pre-1965 immigration standards.

Agorism
01-14-2013, 07:44 PM
Enforce the Rule of Law. And until we get "OUR" libertarian ideas propagated the world over the borders should remain closed to folks not meeting pre-1965 immigration standards.

We could find a primary challenger for Rand if he does run for senate again depending.

01-14-2013, 10:30 PM
We could find a primary challenger for Rand if he does run for senate again depending.

Go away.

Origanalist
01-14-2013, 10:38 PM

Cut every welfare program in their reach(first) but don't tell people their existence here is illegal; especially anyone who has a job. Very few of you are hoping your kids grow up to be vegetable pickers, tire changers, or house roofers. Very few.

"Very few of you are hoping your kids grow up to be vegetable pickers, tire changers, or house roofers. Very few."

Why? What's wrong with working? Many who start in jobs such as these start their own business. Is that the reason you support amnesty? So you don't have to get your hands dirty?

Origanalist
01-14-2013, 10:40 PM

Have somebody in mind?

Brett85
01-14-2013, 10:40 PM
So under Rubio's plan they have to jump through all those hoops just for the privilege of existing at a certain latitude and longitude without getting deported, while under the status quo they can stay here without doing any of those things. How is that amnesty?

That's what I think as well. The kind of penalties that are contained in Rubio's plan seem a lot harsher for illegal immigrants than allowing them to stay here and work without getting deported.

Brett85
01-14-2013, 10:41 PM

This is an example of why I've called this member a troll.

osan
01-14-2013, 11:24 PM

Amnesty

I see yet another one in need of being boiled in oil.

cheapseats
01-15-2013, 06:32 AM
BROADENING THE TAX BASE is code for AMNESTY FOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

Reagan's Amnesty was sold as ONE TIME ONLY. ABOGADOS prospered. Wages languished.

I'd rather have a MORATORIUM on Immigration until we are not operating in a STATE OF EMERGENCY, which includes ending the War On Terror, than spring for another round of some-criminals-are-more-equal-than-other-criminals (favoring Hispanics AGAIN)...rather than swell the ranks of "The Entitled" FOR VOTES.

opal
01-15-2013, 07:31 AM
I don't like any of this .. and one of the most annoying things is *understand SOME English* as opposed to LEARN THE LANGUAGE damn it.

Agorism
01-15-2013, 05:49 PM
I endorse the strategy of attacking from the right.

I might very support Rand for president if Ron is not running.

But if there is a candidate who will run against Rand in Kentucky because of this issue depending on what exactly Rand the opponent does, then I would also support that primary challenge as well

erowe1
01-15-2013, 05:55 PM
I don't like any of this .. and one of the most annoying things is *understand SOME English* as opposed to LEARN THE LANGUAGE damn it.

So you want the federal government dictating to us what American English is supposed to be, like France does with its language?

What if ending sentences with prepositions were something up with which they would not put?

Occam's Banana
01-15-2013, 07:45 PM
What if ending sentences with prepositions were something up with which they would not put?

Then we shall have to defiantly split infinitives! Take that, Federal Grammar Cops! You'll never take me alive!