PDA

View Full Version : The War On Terror Spreads to Africa: U.S. Sending Troops to 35 African Nations

Lucille
01-13-2013, 10:46 AM
Amazing how the USG just does whatever it wants now, no matter what the American people think, let alone Congress. If the evil bastards in Washington want to wage endless war for resources under the guise of war on a tactic, then they should pass a congressional declaration of war "on the planet, for the control of resources, to be fought under the guise of the GWoT." They could at least be honest about something for once in their miserable lives. I'd actually have a shred of respect for them if they did.

The War On Terror Spreads to Africa: U.S. Sending Troops to 35 African Nations
http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2013-01-12/war-terror-spreads-africa-us-sending-troops-35-african-nations

U.S. Army teams will be deploying to as many as 35 African countries early next year for training programs and other operations as part of an increased Pentagon role in Africa. The move would see small teams of U.S. troops dispatched to countries with groups allegedly linked to al-Qaeda, such as Libya, Sudan, Algeria and Niger. The teams are from a U.S. brigade that has the capability to use drones for military operations in Africa if granted permission. The deployment could also potentially lay the groundwork for future U.S. military intervention in Africa.
[....]

The 2nd Brigade is scheduled to hold more than 100 military exercises in 35 countries, most of which have no al-Qaida presence. So, although there is no doubt that the U.S. will be deeply involved in the impending military operation in Mali, the 2nd Brigade’s deployment is a much larger assignment, aimed at making all of Africa a theater of U.S. military operations. The situation in Mali is simply a convenient, after-the-fact rationale for a long-planned expansion of the U.S. military footprint in Africa.
[...]

AFRICOM’s [the U.S. military's Africa command] goal is to eliminate China and other countries influence in the region. Africa’s natural resources is another important element to consider because it includes oil, diamonds, copper, gold, iron, cobalt, uranium, bauxite, silver, petroleum, certain woods and tropical fruits.
[...]
In a must-watch interview, Dan Collins of the China Money Report agrees that the purpose of the deployment is to challenge China’s rising prominence in Africa:
[...]
(Indeed, the U.S. considers economic rivalry to be a basis for war).

In reality – as we’ve repeatedly noted – the U.S. sends in the military to fight “terrorists” in any country which has resources we want (and see this).

And the U.S. is not shy about backing our “mortal enemies” to topple those standing between us and resources we pine for.

Anthony Carlucci argues that the overthrow of Gaddafi (largely through American support of terrorists) was really the opening salvo in the war for African resources:

We are so frickin' broke, but there's always plenty of money for the American Empire to expand and march on.

cheapseats
01-13-2013, 11:03 AM
AFRICA, the final frontier for bogarting Other People's Resources...with attendant bloodshed and misery.

AFRICA, which "we" have been "saving" my ENTIRE life.

AFRICOM, situated in Germany and populated mainly by white guys.

Washington DC should be OVERRUN with Protesters, and I mean brought to a standstill.

Lucille
01-13-2013, 11:06 AM
AFRICA, the final frontier for bogarting Other People's Resources...with attendant bloodshed and misery.

AFRICA, which "we" have been "saving" my ENTIRE life.

AFRICOM, situated in Germany and populated mainly by white guys.

Washington DC should be OVERRUN with Protesters, and I mean brought to a standstill.

That. Let's do this thing. I'm in.

cheapseats
01-13-2013, 12:14 PM
Presidents' Day weekend is poignant. And Unemployment is high...there ARE spare bodies.

But weather is harsh, gas & accommodations are costly..."there's always a reason why not."

Here's the thing, tho. The eastern seaboard is DENSELY populated. Think back to the Million Man March. If the Liberty Moovement PLUS GENERIC USED/ABUSED EMBITTERED can't muster a million people within a go-there-for-the-day radius, then what're we talkin' about?

kathy88
01-13-2013, 12:28 PM
That. Let's do this thing. I'm in.Me too.

Brian4Liberty
01-13-2013, 01:34 PM
We are so frickin' broke, but there's always plenty of money for the American Empire to expand and march on.

Very appropriate use of the term "we". "We the people" are broke. The cronies and oligarchs stand to make plenty of money from this latest military engagement. Socialize costs, privatize gains.

AFRICOM’s [the U.S. military's Africa command] goal is to eliminate China and other countries influence in the region. Africa’s natural resources is another important element to consider because it includes oil, diamonds, copper, gold, iron, cobalt, uranium, bauxite, silver, petroleum, certain woods and tropical fruits.

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-14-2013, 12:01 PM
. . .

cheapseats
01-14-2013, 12:08 PM
Presidents' Day weekend is poignant. And Unemployment is high...there ARE spare bodies.

But weather is harsh, gas & accommodations are costly..."there's always a reason why not."

Here's the thing, tho. The eastern seaboard is DENSELY populated. Think back to the Million Man March. If the Liberty Moovement PLUS GENERIC USED/ABUSED EMBITTERED can't muster a million people within a go-there-for-the-day radius, then what're we talkin' about?

NOT to suggest that people who don't live within "commuting distance" of DC oughtn't do something ELSE, but meaningful commerce-interrupting demonstration in Washington would have to occur comparatively spur-of-the-moment...not RAVE protest(s), but RANT protest(s).

cheapseats
01-15-2013, 08:01 AM
NOT to suggest that people who don't live within "commuting distance" of DC oughtn't do something ELSE, but meaningful commerce-interrupting demonstration in Washington would have to occur comparatively spur-of-the-moment...not RAVE protest(s), but RANT protest(s).

Kinda like how locations of prom "after-parties" are decided late and disseminated surreptitiously.

AT-LEAST-THREE RING CIRCUS TENT, not Gun Rights solo tents.

What a coup for Civilization and Fiscal Sense, to see peaceable Anti War folk and fierce Second Amendment defenders get along just fine, once squared off against a common enemy instead of each other.

FIXED INCOME folk, including lotsa Seniors, have righteous grievances.

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-15-2013, 12:07 PM
Obama was selected by tptb, not by the people for his mission.

simple reverse psychology maneuver , but my oh my, how the people feel they won something !

helmuth_hubener
01-15-2013, 12:40 PM
Don't call it the War of Terror. It isn't a War on Terror. It's the War on Islam. That's absolutely what it is.

Now ask yourself: why in the world is the United States government fighting a war on Islam? Answer: it ran out of anyone else to fight. The whole thing is stupid. People need to stop falling for it.

libertygrl
01-15-2013, 01:46 PM
Amazing how the USG just does whatever it wants now, no matter what the American people think, let alone Congress. If the evil bastards in Washington want to wage endless war for resources under the guise of war on a tactic, then they should pass a congressional declaration of war "on the planet, for the control of resources, to be fought under the guise of the GWoT." They could at least be honest about something for once in their miserable lives. I'd actually have a shred of respect for them if they did.

The War On Terror Spreads to Africa: U.S. Sending Troops to 35 African Nations
http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2013-01-12/war-terror-spreads-africa-us-sending-troops-35-african-nations

This has always been part of the agenda. 7 countries in 5 years. They may have altered it, but no matter who is in office the NEO CON plan is still the same:

Gen. Wesley Clark Says Pentagon Had Plan in 2001 to Attack Seven Countries in Five Years

AMY GOODMAN: So, go through the countries again.

GEN. WESLEY CLARK: Well, starting with Iraq, then Syria and Lebanon, then Libya, then Somalia and Sudan, and back to Iran.

h ttp://warisacrime.org/node/19200

pochy1776
01-15-2013, 02:03 PM
get ready for more anti americanism

paulbot24
01-15-2013, 02:09 PM
I am curious about what African-Americans think of this. Does this affect their opinion of him at all?

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-15-2013, 02:19 PM
This has always been part of the agenda. 7 countries in 5 years. They may have altered it, but no matter who is in office the NEO CON plan is still the same:

Gen. Wesley Clark Says Pentagon Had Plan in 2001 to Attack Seven Countries in Five Years

AMY GOODMAN: So, go through the countries again.

GEN. WESLEY CLARK: Well, starting with Iraq, then Syria and Lebanon, then Libya, then Somalia and Sudan, and back to Iran.

h ttp://warisacrime.org/node/19200

In the interview it was said the memo was shown to him in 2005, the night before invasion of Iraq.

Just out of curiosity, what does the current president following the neo cons plan suggest to you ?

JackieDan
01-15-2013, 02:20 PM
I'm all for this intervention, especially from the stance of France because they are protecting their former colony from islamist jihadist - which Mali urgently asked for. The U.S. and EU should supply France with intelligence but must be careful not to spread this conflict into a great african war.

JackieDan
01-15-2013, 02:22 PM
No, it's not a war on islam. The islamists are waging war against the non-muslims because they want to spread their religion to every corner of the earth. But it simply, it's a war against extremism.

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-15-2013, 02:25 PM
No, it's not a war on islam. The islamists are waging war against the non-muslims because they want to spread their religion to every corner of the earth. But it simply, it's a war against extremism.

that same argument was used to try to justify the slaughter of " the hostile natives " during the genocide that took place in the America's with the arrival of the Europeans

JackieDan
01-15-2013, 02:39 PM
that same argument was used to try to justify the slaughter of " the hostile natives " during the genocide that took place in the America's with the arrival of the Europeans

Q. 9:29,

Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

Do I need to say more?

Lucille
01-15-2013, 02:56 PM

I'm sorry but what is this, 2002? You don't actually believe that "they hate us for our freedoms" crap, do you?

And as you may or may not be aware, Bushbama's wars have "built" Islamic Theocracies in every country we've "spread democracy" to.

QuickZ06
01-15-2013, 03:01 PM
I'm all for this intervention, especially from the stance of France because they are protecting their former colony from islamist jihadist - which Mali urgently asked for. The U.S. and EU should supply France with intelligence but must be careful not to spread this conflict into a great african war.

Cocaine is one hell of a drug?

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-17-2013, 12:13 AM
Q. 9:29,

Do I need to say more?

Should I also quote merciless phrases from the bible ?

Lucille
01-17-2013, 09:46 PM
Like they say, "Forward!"

US Drones, Boots Arrive In Mali
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-01-17/us-drones-boots-arrive-mali

Absolutely "nobody" could have possibly anticipated that the week old French incursion into Mali could already have such disastrous consequences: a botched hostage rescue attempt by French commandos while leaving behind one of their team, a downed pilot on the first day of the confrontation, rebels that succeeded in capturing a strategic village and military post, and today, yet another hostage crisis in Algeria that has seen tens of hostages killed, potentially including Americans, following another botched rescue operation. Yet, in some ways, perhaps the stars have aligned just right for the US, which as Bloomberg reports, has wasted no time in sending not only drones in the air, but also boots on the ground.

From Bloomberg:

U.S. military trainers are expected to arrive in West Africa this weekend to train local military forces to fight Islamist insurgents including those now battling French and local government troops in Mali, State Dept. spokeswoman Victoria Nuland says in Washington.
U.S. now providing intelligence, airlift to French troops fighting insurgents in Mali
No U.S. troops to operate in Mali; U.S. barred from providing direct assistance to Mali military

So on one hand the US is barred from providing direct assistance, but on the other, US trainers are... providing direct assistance?

But why? Well, take a quick look at the map of French "military assets" in Mali.

What does this map show?
[...]
What is more important is what this map doesn't show, specifically the name of the country located a few hundred miles to the south: Nigeria.

Now Nigeria is important: very important. Or rather, Nigerian light sweet, one of the highest quality crudes in the world, is. And thanks to the "bungled" French peacemaking attempt, the US now has a critical foothold in what is the most strategically placed stretch of desert in Western Africa, a place where US "military trainers" will now be deployed at will.

Be on the lookout for curious escalations in violence around the capital Abuja, and key port city Lagos, in the coming months once the current Mali fracas is long forgotten.

I might want to move (http://www.backwoodshome.com/blogs/ClaireWolfe/2013/01/07/raising-the-black-flag-and/) to Chile (http://sovereignvalley.com/). I'm tired of paying for this, the USG is acting like a creepy, murderous stalker, and sometimes living here makes me feel like an accomplice.

Nobody looks back and says, “My dissenter ancestors should have stayed in England and fought for their freedom of religion.” Nobody says, “My Irish ancestors should have figured out how to keep the Brits from starving them out of their own country.” Nobody says, “My Jewish ancestors were cowards for leaving Russia during the pogroms. They should have stayed and fought back!”

No, we’re all glad they left.