PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Sheriff: You will never pull guns out of this county

itshappening
01-13-2013, 10:18 AM
As I wrote on Jan. 11, Jackson County Kentucky Sheriff Denny Peyman has made it clear that gun laws which violate the United States Constitution or the Kentucky Constitution will not be enforced in his county.

On Jan. 12, he followed this up with a press conference in which he explained that a Sheriff's powers are predominant over the powers of federal and state agents. When he says these things he drives gun-grabbers batty because he says them with the conviction that rests on knowledge, and he has no intention of backing down.

During the press conference, he took time to explain his powers as sheriff:

I am responsible for the people inside this county. I am the highest elected official in this county, and this is the only opportunity the people have to speak for themselves and say 'this is what we want.'

I can ask federal people to leave, they have to leave. I can ask state people to leave, they have to leave. ...[And] it doesn't matter what [new laws] Obama passes, the sheriff has more power than the federal people.

He said that if federal gun-grabbers don't understand this, then "they need to go back and study it," because Kentucky "is a commonwealth."

Peyman says he has been approached by liberals within the gun-grabbing world since he made his original promise of no gun control in his county, and he told them plainly: "You are never going to pull guns out of Jackson County."

Sheriff Denny Peyman represents everything good and brave about America, and about the great state of Kentucky. He is a patriot, first class.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/01/12/Kentucky-Sheriff-To-Federal-Gun-Grabbers-You-Are-Never-Going-To-Pull-Guns-Out-Of-Jackson-County

BnXmkpfrME
01-13-2013, 11:11 AM
love it!!

leverguy
01-13-2013, 11:26 AM
He is absolutely right! Bravo, sir!

dillo
01-13-2013, 11:45 AM
whats the commonwealth thingy have to do with it

MelissaCato
01-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Nice !!

Tod
01-13-2013, 11:56 AM
Yeah, but can he back up his words with the needed firepower, or when push comes to shove would he be dragged of in handcuffs or a body bag by the feds as an insurrectionist?

:(

SpreadOfLiberty
01-13-2013, 12:06 PM
He will be a target. His department needs to get some heavy equipment, low taxes be damned.

FrancisMarion
01-13-2013, 12:08 PM
He will be a target. His department needs to get some heavy equipment, low taxes be damned.

More attention from the DOJ?

I received this interesting email the other day:

County Sheriffs Can Block Federal Gun Control

President Obama has given his comic sidekick the task of pushing gun control measures through Congress. Democrats and some liberal Republicans are calling for more gun control after the tragic shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School. Some state and municipal politicians, like the #1 anti-gun person in the nation – New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, are also calling for more control.

But did you know that no matter what gun control laws are passed by the federal government, they can only be enforced in your area if your county sheriff allows them to be.

Most people, including politicians fail to realize that the ultimate legal authorities in the land are the county sheriffs. This was established from the time of the Founding Fathers and upheld by the US Supreme Court in the 1997 case of Printz v. United States . Initially, the case was Mack v. United States, but by the time it reached the Supreme Court it was renamed.

The case involved new federal regulations involved with the Brady Bill and gun control. FBI agents went around to the various county sheriffs and demanded that they follow the new federal guidelines. Then Graham County (AZ) Sheriff Richard Mack and several others saw the Brady Bill as being unconstitutional and refused to impose the new federal guidelines. Part of their defense was that the county sheriff was the supreme law enforcement officer over their county and that the federal government could not supersede their legal authority.

In the court’s decision, Justice Antonin Scalia wrote:

“. . . The great innovation of this design was that ‘our citizens would have two political capacities, one state and one federal, each protected from incursion by the other’” – “a legal system unprecedented in form and design, establishing two orders of government, each with its own direct relationship, its own privity, its own set of mutual rights and obligations to the people who sustain it and are governed by it.” (P.920)

Justice Scalia then quoted the man considered to be the Father of the US Constitution, President James Madison, when he wrote in the decision:

“[T]he local or municipal authorities form distinct and independent portions of the supremacy, no more subject, within their respective spheres, to the general authority than the general authority is subject to them, within its own sphere.” The Federalist , No. 39 at 245.

Scalia then referred to Gregory, 501 US at 458 when he wrote:

“This separation of the two spheres is one of the Constitution’s structural protections of liberty: ‘Just as the separation and independence of the coordinate branches of the Federal Government serve to prevent the accumulation of excessive power in any one branch, a healthy balance of power between the States and the Federal Government will reduce the risk of tyranny and abuse from either front.’. . .”

Referring once again to President Madison, Scalia wrote:

“In the compound republic of America, the power surrendered by the people is first divided between two distinct governments, and then the portion allotted to each subdivided among distinct and separate departments. Hence a double security arises to the rights of the people. The different governments will control each other, at the same time that each will be controlled by itself.” (P. 922).

In other words, the county sheriff is the highest governmental authority in his county and he does not have to bow to the tyranny of the federal government if he deems such actions to be unconstitutional or unlawful. In essence, the county sheriff has more legal authority within his county than the governor or the state or even the president of the United States.

Today, former Sheriff Richard Mack works with a number of county sheriffs throughout the county, helping them understand the extent of their authority and how they can legally defy the federal government. I would highly recommend that you contact your county sheriff and see if he/she is aware of their powers and duties. If not, get them in contact with Mack and urge your county sheriff to stand up against upcoming unconstitutional gun laws that the liberals are going to try to impose on us.

If you want to learn about the Role of Law Enforcement or on gun control, From My Cold Dead Fingers , from Sheriff Mack, click on the links and share this with your county sheriff, friend, family and anyone else you can think of.

BnXmkpfrME
01-13-2013, 12:44 PM
Like with all things with the Fed govt.......they cant not do a thing without the states following.....the feds trap them with money.
Would love a state that just said "go to Hell" and be fine with whatever money the feds threaten them losing.......
When that happens, is when the state(s) realize the true power they have.
What are the fed Govt going to do, surround the state? They cant even suround a border.....

shane77m
01-13-2013, 12:51 PM
I emailed the sheriff of the county I live in asking him what his position is. I sent him a link to the story in the OP asking him if he agrees with Sheriff Peyman. He is a Democrat so that concerns me a little.

Henry Rogue
01-13-2013, 12:53 PM
To hell with higher taxes. If need be, he should deputize the whole county. Isn't that the point of having armed Citizens in the first place? Put them to good use.

oyarde
01-13-2013, 12:59 PM
To hell with higher taxes. If need be, he should deputize the whole county. Isn't that the point of having armed Citizens in the first place? Put them to good use.Jackson County Ky would have a good number of experienced combat veterans who are armed to draw from as well as others .

AFPVet
01-13-2013, 01:19 PM
To hell with higher taxes. If need be, he should deputize the whole county. Isn't that the point of having armed Citizens in the first place? Put them to good use.

In a perfect world, we would all be the police... an elected sheriff and jailers would handle most of the operations. Private investigators contracted into criminal investigations can handle the more heinous crimes.

Philhelm
01-13-2013, 06:40 PM

No, he just needs to deputize a coalition of the willing.

cbrons
01-13-2013, 06:54 PM
I emailed the sheriff of the county I live in asking him what his position is. I sent him a link to the story in the OP asking him if he agrees with Sheriff Peyman. He is a Democrat so that concerns me a little.

Good for you. I may do the same, though I'm sure knowing the county I'm in I have little to hope

Tod
01-13-2013, 10:14 PM
One could replace the word "people" with "states" and this would still hold true:

http://dailydoseofnoor.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/true_power.jpg

oyarde
01-13-2013, 10:30 PM
whats the commonwealth thingy have to do with itLegally, nothing, but it means , governed by common consent of the people .Some people actually still consider duty to protect the people.That is a good thing.

oyarde
01-13-2013, 10:49 PM
I do not know if any of you have been down there in the sticks, but if you have ever been to the Daniel Boone Nationial Forest then you have been there .It is a dry County , I always kept maps with them marked on it when I was a head sales rep for a small Mnfg Co years ago. The County dates to 1858, named for Old Hickory.In about 1860 had a population of around 3100 , now , about 14k. County probably has never voted for a Dem for President in my lifetime and I am not a young guy .

Anti Federalist
01-13-2013, 11:01 PM
God damn the Fed-Coats.

XTreat
01-13-2013, 11:12 PM
I wish guys like this would stand up for the rest of our rights so boldly. I wonder if the TSA operates in Jackson county.