PDA

View Full Version : Govt does something right...US Treasury says it won't mint $1 trillion platinum coin

qh4dotcom
01-12-2013, 10:08 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/12/us-usa-debt-platinum-idUSBRE90B0HI20130112?feedType=RSS&feedName=PersonalFinance&rpc=43

Occam's Banana
01-12-2013, 10:19 PM
Not doing something wrong is not the same as doing something right ...

White House spokesman Jay Carney said that with the platinum coin question resolved, the pressure is on congressional Republicans now to act to raise the debt ceiling.

Translation: "Mwuh-hahahaaa! Our little plan worked! We have portrayed ourselves as being 'reasonable' by declining to go along with a droolingly moronic proposal. Now it's the Republicans' turn to be 'reasonable' by going along with whatever it is that we really do want! Mwuh-hahahaaa!"

But if the Federal Reserve does not believe that the coin is worth $1 trillion and refuses to buy it, then the plan falls apart.

*sniff sniff sniff* Is that irony I smell? Why, I do believe it is ...

FindLiberty
01-12-2013, 10:38 PM
...and it was such a perfect solution to simply pay off all debt. Now the children are stuck with the burden.

LOL

otherone
01-12-2013, 10:39 PM
...and it was such a perfect solution to simply pay off all debt. Now the children are stuck with the burden.

LOL

thanks for the chuckle!

oyarde
01-12-2013, 10:43 PM
I was looking forward to starting a collection of fake ones ...

phill4paul
01-12-2013, 10:46 PM
Not doing something wrong is not the same as doing something right ...

Amen and...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Occam's Banana again.