PDA

View Full Version : The White House responds to secession petitions.

Anti Federalist
01-12-2013, 06:06 PM
The Line In The Sand Has Been Drawn

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/130524.html

Posted by Charles Burris on January 12, 2013 03:17 PM

Official White House Response to Peacefully grant the State of Louisiana to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government. and 8 other petitions

Our States Remain United
By Jon Carson

Thank you for using the White House's online petitions platform to participate in your government.

In a nation of 300 million people -- each with their own set of deeply-held beliefs -- democracy can be noisy and controversial. And that's a good thing.

Free and open debate is what makes this country work, and many people around the world risk their lives every day for the liberties we often take for granted.

But as much as we value a healthy debate, we don't let that debate tear us apart.

Our founding fathers established the Constitution of the United States "in order to form a more perfect union" through the hard and frustrating but necessary work of self-government. They enshrined in that document the right to change our national government through the power of the ballot -- a right that generations of Americans have fought to secure for all. But they did not provide a right to walk away from it. As President Abraham Lincoln explained in his first inaugural address in 1861, "in contemplation of universal law and of the Constitution the Union of these States is perpetual." In the years that followed, more than 600,000 Americans died in a long and bloody civil war that vindicated the principle that the Constitution establishes a permanent union between the States. And shortly after the Civil War ended, the Supreme Court confirmed that "[t]he Constitution, in all its provisions, looks to an indestructible Union composed of indestructible States."

Although the founders established a perpetual union, they also provided for a government that is, as President Lincoln would later describe it, "of the people, by the people, and for the people" -- all of the people. Participation in, and engagement with, government is the cornerstone of our democracy. And because every American who wants to participate deserves a government that is accessible and responsive, the Obama Administration has created a host of new tools and channels to connect concerned citizens with White House. In fact, one of the most exciting aspects of the We the People platform is a chance to engage directly with our most outspoken critics.

So let's be clear: No one disputes that our country faces big challenges, and the recent election followed a vigorous debate about how they should be addressed. As President Obama said the night he won re-election, "We may have battled fiercely, but it's only because we love this country deeply and we care so strongly about its future."

Whether it's figuring out how to strengthen our economy, reduce our deficit in a responsible way, or protect our country, we will need to work together -- and hear from one another -- in order to find the best way to move forward. I hope you'll take a few minutes to learn more about the President's ideas and share more of your own.

Jon Carson is Director of the Office of Public Engagement

Anti Federalist
01-12-2013, 06:12 PM
The Declaration of Independence > The Constitution.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

James Madison
01-12-2013, 06:14 PM
Translation: Try it, and we'll kill you.

sailingaway
01-12-2013, 06:21 PM
Translation: Try it, and we'll kill you.

that's pretty much what I said on the first thread on this. Not too subtle, are they?

I'll merge if I stumble on the other one.

leverguy
01-12-2013, 06:34 PM
The Line In The Sand Has Been Drawn
Our founding fathers established the Constitution of the United States "in order to form a more perfect union" through the hard and frustrating but necessary work of self-government. They enshrined in that document the right to change our national government through the power of the ballot -- a right that generations of Americans have fought to secure for all. But they did not provide a right to walk away from it. As President Abraham Lincoln explained in his first inaugural address in 1861, "in contemplation of universal law and of the Constitution the Union of these States is perpetual." In the years that followed, more than 600,000 Americans died in a long and bloody civil war that vindicated the principle that the Constitution establishes a permanent union between the States. And shortly after the Civil War ended, the Supreme Court confirmed that "[t]he Constitution, in all its provisions, looks to an indestructible Union composed of indestructible States."

In other words, the federal .gov can do whatever it wants to because FUCK YOU CITIZEN! RESIST AND BE KILLED!

He freely admits that they've already killed 600,000 to make sure that you can't leave, implying the threat that they will kill as many more as necessary to finish the job. I hardly think that imprisoning or killing everyone who disagreed with you "...vindicated the principle that the Constitution establishes a permanent union between the States."

Sounds a lot like an abusive spouse - Till death do us part, that means if you try to leave I'll kill you.

phill4paul
01-12-2013, 06:40 PM
Ahh-ho-ho! Is funny because you must ask to secede. Ahh-ho-ho!

anaconda
01-12-2013, 06:41 PM
So which is it? Is secession Constitutional or ain't it?

TheTexan
01-12-2013, 06:49 PM
So which is it? Is secession Constitutional or ain't it?

Lincoln already answered that question.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OIKbeuJujQQ/UPHEdvrs70I/AAAAAAAAQlg/wpG476cf_i4/s400/obama_lincoln.jpg

Anti Federalist
01-12-2013, 07:07 PM
In other words, the federal .gov can do whatever it wants to because FUCK YOU CITIZEN! RESIST AND BE KILLED!

He freely admits that they've already killed 600,000 to make sure that you can't leave, implying the threat that they will kill as many more as necessary to finish the job. I hardly think that imprisoning or killing everyone who disagreed with you "...vindicated the principle that the Constitution establishes a permanent union between the States."

Sounds a lot like an abusive spouse - Till death do us part, that means if you try to leave I'll kill you.

Let be the first to welcome you and give you your first "rep".

Yes, that is exactly what it is like.

Somebody please find that "bunlocoempire" post about that, how abusive spouse acted...he nailed it.

TheTexan
01-12-2013, 07:12 PM
What a woman beater mentality.

"You're a whore, you're filth and can't do any better than me.
Quit fooling yourself you stupid cow.
Hey!
Where ya going baby?
You try to leave me and you'll just make things worse for yourself.
Baby I love you!
Get back here you slut!
We're a team!
Go ahead, leave, destroy what we had you bitch.
You're breaking my heart!
I thought you loved me!
You'll regret this!
You've ruined it for us!"

Anti Federalist
01-12-2013, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by bunklocoempire

What a woman beater mentality.

"You're a whore, you're filth and can't do any better than me.
Quit fooling yourself you stupid cow.
Hey!
Where ya going baby?
You try to leave me and you'll just make things worse for yourself.
Baby I love you!
Get back here you slut!
We're a team!
Go ahead, leave, destroy what we had you bitch.
You're breaking my heart!
I thought you loved me!
You'll regret this!
You've ruined it for us!".

I dare anybody to tell me that isn't a perfect description.

Anti Federalist
01-12-2013, 07:21 PM
Fuck a bunch of Fed-Coats.

anaconda
01-12-2013, 07:55 PM

Alex Jone's British accent routine was terrific, by the way. Just had to get that off my chest.

klamath
01-12-2013, 08:01 PM
No surprise here. If I thought my family could have gotten by with secession 35 years ago...alive... I would have been talking to you Americans as an alien now.

LibertyEagle
01-12-2013, 08:42 PM
Alex Jone's British accent routine was terrific, by the way. Just had to get that off my chest.

Yeah, that was pretty funny. lol

jclay2
01-12-2013, 08:47 PM
So how in the world does having a war prove whether or not one is justified in secession.

VoluntaryAmerican
01-12-2013, 08:50 PM
Thank you for using the White House's online petitions platform to participate in your government.

And this is the reason I never participated in a White House petition.

Anti Federalist
01-12-2013, 08:56 PM

A pretty pointless District of Calamity circle-jerk, no doubt.

At least it exposes the fuckers for what they are.

awake
01-12-2013, 08:59 PM
Like in alot of abusive relationships, If you try and leave they will try and kill you.

Carehn
01-12-2013, 09:03 PM

Hahaha 'FedCoats' , I LOVE IT!!!

jclay2
01-12-2013, 09:04 PM
Like in alot of abusive relationships, If you try and leave they will try and kill you.

And yet, you still can't convince people that the government is not there to help you.

Carehn
01-12-2013, 09:04 PM

Yep. I'm not about to go begging. I feel I have to much pride for that. But it is fun to watch!

otherone
01-12-2013, 09:07 PM
In the years that followed, more than 600,000 Americans died in a long and bloody civil war that vindicated the principle that the Constitution establishes a permanent union between the States.

Since when does bloodshed make anything legal? That all them folks died contesting the permanence of the Union actually invalidates it.

BAllen
01-12-2013, 10:58 PM
Like I said earlier, why would anyone petition the white house? He doesn't give a fuck! Petition your state reps to secede.

Brent Pierce
01-13-2013, 12:03 AM
more than 600,000 Americans died in a long and bloody civil war that vindicated the principle that the Constitution establishes a permanent union between the States

"Vindicated" is an interesting choice of words. Effectively this says, "the Truth of our position is based solely on our ability to kill those who disagree." The White House has officially adopted the moral position Thrasymachus the Sophist, whom Socrates obliterates in book 1 of Plato's Republic. Justice, Thrasymachus says, is nothing more than the advantage of the stronger.

cheapseats
01-13-2013, 05:11 AM
And yet, you still can't convince people that the government is not there to help you.

Um, er, ah...because the Government IS helping millions and millions and millions and millions and millions and millions of people, domestic and foreign. SPARE ME about how Government is actually doing them a disservice by rendering them vulnerable and reliant. UNTOLD MILLIONS OF AMERICANS RECEIVE MONEY MONTHLY.

Yer peddlin' LIBERTY, you say? Yer invitin' Masses to build character and self-respect by slugging away at Unfair Life WITHOUT cash that gets loaded magically onto EBT cards like manna from heaven?

There are BOARD MEMBERS, fer cryin' out loud, who unapologetically recommend milking the ol' System for as much as possible, for as long as possible:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?400023-Is-anyone-here-receiving-a-govt.-pension-social-security-or-support-payments-from-govt[/QUOTE]

"It goes without saying" that advise to let the Broken System collapse peaceably on its own...over a longer period of time, and despite its many failsafes...should be discounted when it comes from people who derive their LIVINGS from Government.