PDA

View Full Version : Today: Maine Republican Party RESOLVES fraudulent RNC rules

eleganz
01-12-2013, 04:45 PM
The following resolution was passed (as is) at the Maine state GOP level with only 5 in opposition. I think this follows Nevada which passed similar and Texas which passed something like it but much more watered down. Other states that have passed similar resolutions; New Hampshire, North Carolina, Minnesota and many others have yet to convene for a vote.

WHEREAS, the new Republican Party Rules (“rules”) adopted at the 2012 Republican National Convention (“convention”) in Tampa were not adopted under proper parliamentary procedure ; and

WHEREAS, video documentation demonstrates that those voting against the passage of the new rules were audibly in greater numbers than those voting in the affirmative; and

WHEREAS, the Convention Chair ignored calls for points of order and objections to the rules passage from the convention floor; and

WHEREAS, the new rules impose a top-down structure of governance instead of the traditional bottom-up structure; and

WHEREAS, the new rules reduce the power and autonomy of state and local party organizations; and

WHEREAS, Rule 12 gives unprecedented power to the Republican National Committee (“RNC”) to change party rules without the input and/or approval of state parties and their members; and

WHEREAS, Rule 16 removes the rights of states to choose their own delegates by forcing all state parties to allocate and bind the state’s delegation to the National Convention through Presidential Preference Polls; and

WHEREAS, Rule 16 allows the presumptive Presidential candidate to disavow (“veto”) any bound and/or allocated delegate and alternate delegate before the national convention for any reason whatsoever;

WHEREAS, Rule 40 previously required a five (5) state plurality but now requires an eight (8) state majority to nominate an individual for President and/or Vice President now therefore be

RESOLVED, that the Maine Republican Party does not recognize the rules put forward at the 2012 Republican National Convention as having been properly passed;

RESOLVED, that in the absence of rules properly passed at the 2012 Republican National Convention, the Maine Republican Party recognizes the rules passed at the 2008 Republican National Convention as the official rules of the National Republican Party;

RESOLVED, that the Maine Republican Party asserts the primacy of the delegates to the Republican Convention in setting party rules and therefore be it further;

RESOLVED, that the Maine Republican Party rejects the new top-down structure of governance as detrimental to the long-term success of the Republican Party and therefore be it further;

RESOLVED, that the Maine Republican Party requests that the RNC formally declare these rules "null and void" as they were improperly passed at the convention;

It is now ALSO RESOLVED,

---> "That the Maine Republican Party DOES NOT RECOGNIZE the rules put forward at the 2012 Republican National Convention as having been properly passed;

---> "That in the absence of rules properly passed at the 2012 Republican National Convention, the Maine Republican Party RECOGNIZES THE RULES PASSED AT THE 2008 Republican National Convention AS THE OFFICIAL RULES of the National Republican Party;

---> "That the Maine Republican Party asserts the primacy of the delegates to the Republican Convention in setting party rules and therefore be it further;"

---> "That the Maine Republican Party rejects the new top-down structure of governance as detrimental to the long-term success of the Republican Party"

sailingaway
01-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Go Maine!

this is where our hopefully-to-be new RNC chair comes from folks.

ClydeCoulter
01-12-2013, 07:48 PM
Go Maine!

this is where our hopefully-to-be new RNC chair comes from folks.

Bump, this ^^^

Britannia
01-12-2013, 07:50 PM
Let's hope so.

When I recall what happened at the 2012 RNC I still can't believe they "got away with it". I may have watched too many cowboy films during my youth, the ones where the good guys always win in the end, but to see that kind of blatant corruption occurring before my very eyes, well, I was gobsmacked.

It's a jolly good job we liberty-minded folk don't give up too easy ;)

kathy88
01-12-2013, 07:50 PM
I urge everyone to send this to their state party officials. Remember the Maine.

Keith and stuff
01-13-2013, 03:05 PM
I urge everyone to send this to their state party officials. Remember the Maine.

This is great news! The original Resolution Opposing RNC Rule Change was written by New Hampshire liberty activists with the help of the RLC. We passed it in NH in October and is spreading around the country to other state parties. The latest news is it passed in ME. So now it has passed in 9 or 10 states. In fact, by now, the text has even changed, improve IMO, a little. Go Maine. When will other New England state follow NH's lead? When will another Northeastern state follow NH's lead? Has the GOP in the state you live in passed this yet? If not, why not? I second Kathy's urge. Every state GOP needs to pass something. Send the national GOP a message.