PDA

View Full Version : Generation LGBTQIA - UGH!

tangent4ronpaul
01-12-2013, 04:44 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/10/fashion/generation-lgbtqia.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

But what to call this movement? Whereas “gay and lesbian” was once used to lump together various sexual minorities — and more recently “L.G.B.T.” to include bisexual and transgender — the new vanguard wants a broader, more inclusive abbreviation. “Youth today do not define themselves on the spectrum of L.G.B.T.,” said Shane Windmeyer, a founder of Campus Pride, a national student advocacy group based in Charlotte, N.C.

Part of the solution has been to add more letters, and in recent years the post-post-post-gay-rights banner has gotten significantly longer, some might say unwieldy. The emerging rubric is “L.G.B.T.Q.I.A.,” which stands for different things, depending on whom you ask.

“Q” can mean “questioning” or “*****,” an umbrella term itself, formerly derogatory before it was appropriated by gay activists in the 1990s. “I” is for “intersex,” someone whose anatomy is not exclusively male or female. And “A” stands for “ally” (a friend of the cause) or “asexual,” characterized by the absence of sexual attraction.

It may be a mouthful, but it’s catching on, especially on liberal-arts campuses.

The University of Missouri, Kansas City, for example, has an L.G.B.T.Q.I.A. Resource Center that, among other things, helps student locate “gender-neutral” restrooms on campus. Vassar College offers an L.G.B.T.Q.I.A. Discussion Group on Thursday afternoons. Lehigh University will be hosting its second annual L.G.B.T.Q.I.A. Intercollegiate Conference next month, followed by a ***** Prom. Amherst College even has an L.G.B.T.Q.Q.I.A.A. center, where every group gets its own letter.

The term is also gaining traction on social media sites like Twitter and Tumblr, where posts tagged with “lgbtqia” suggest a younger, more progressive outlook than posts that are merely labeled “lgbt.”

“There’s a very different generation of people coming of age, with completely different conceptions of gender and sexuality,” said Jack Halberstam (formerly Judith), a transgender professor at the University of Southern California and the author, most recently, of “Gaga Feminism: Sex, Gender, and the End of Normal.”

“When you see terms like L.G.B.T.Q.I.A.,” Professor Halberstam added, “it’s because people are seeing all the things that fall out of the binary, and demanding that a name come into being.”

And with a plethora of ever-expanding categories like “gender*****” and “androgyne” to choose from, each with an online subculture, piecing together a gender identity can be as D.I.Y. as making a Pinterest board.

BUT sometimes L.G.B.T.Q.I.A. is not enough. At the University of Pennsylvania last fall, eight freshmen united in the frustration that no campus group represented them.

Sure, Penn already had some two dozen gay student groups, including ***** People of Color, Lambda Alliance and J-Bagel, which bills itself as the university’s “Jewish L.G.B.T.Q.I.A. Community.” But none focused on gender identity (the closest, Trans Penn, mostly catered to faculty members and graduate students).

Richard Parsons, an 18-year-old transgender male, discovered that when he attended a student mixer called the Gay Affair, sponsored by Penn’s L.G.B.T. Center. “I left thoroughly disappointed,” said Richard, a garrulous freshman with close-cropped hair, wire-framed glasses and preppy clothes, who added, “This is the L.G.B.T. Center, and it’s all gay guys.”

Through Facebook, Richard and others started a group called Penn Non-Cis, which is short for “non-cisgender.” For those not fluent in gender-studies speak, “cis” means “on the same side as” and “cisgender” denotes someone whose gender identity matches his or her biology, which describes most of the student body. The group seeks to represent everyone else. “This is a freshman uprising,” Richard said.

On a brisk Tuesday night in November, about 40 students crowded into the L.G.B.T. Center, a converted 19th-century carriage house, for the group’s inaugural open mike. The organizers had lured students by handing out fliers on campus while barking: “Free condoms! Free ChapStick!”

“There’s a really vibrant L.G.B.T. scene,” Kate Campbell, one of the M.C.’s, began. “However, that mostly encompasses the L.G.B. and not too much of the T. So we’re aiming to change that.”

======

This sort of thing used to be rare till schools started pushing it and "tolerance", etc. Sooo much more important than civics, history, math and the other classes that have been pushed to the side for this social conditioning.... :rolleyes:

-t

Confederate
01-12-2013, 04:50 PM
This bullshit has gone past the ridiculous phase and onto the plain idiotic.

MelissaWV
01-12-2013, 04:55 PM
LGBTQIA ... needs a "u" in there for "unsure" so we can spell things with it, please.

Bag Quilt

Better yet, get rid of the "Q" entirely and replace it with "U" for "Unsure"...

Tail Bug

Danke
01-12-2013, 04:57 PM
Finally we have a proper label for Teletubbies .

tod evans
01-12-2013, 05:03 PM
But, but I like heterosexual women over 40 years old and under 55 who are caucasian and who speak English as their primary language...

Can I get some "special" letters and extra special treatment too?

Hungh? May I please?

For heavens sake who honestly gives a shit who you screw...:cool:

Confederate
01-12-2013, 05:04 PM
LGBTQIA ... needs a "u" in there for "unsure" so we can spell things with it, please.

Bag Quilt

Tail Bug

They also forgot the "men who have sex with men (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_who_have_sex_with_men)" label. What bigots.

tangent4ronpaul
01-12-2013, 05:04 PM

Bag Quilt

Tail Bug

LOL! - play much scrabble?

-t

Petar
01-12-2013, 05:05 PM
We need a L.G.B.T.Q.Q.I.A.A. subforum.

mad cow
01-12-2013, 05:09 PM
"School days, school days.
Dear old golden rule days.
Reading and writing and 'rithmetic.
Taught to the tune of a hickory stick."

Confederate
01-12-2013, 05:10 PM

You and Danke could moderate it.

Petar
01-12-2013, 05:22 PM
You and Danke could moderate it.

http://www.classicalvalues.com/RebelRainbow.JPG

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-12-2013, 05:23 PM
Wheres the P for pansexual? 'cause that's the newest fad. Yes I know genuine gay people do exist, but there's lots of copycats out there.

Anti Federalist
01-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Ahhhh...nvm.

CaptLouAlbano
01-12-2013, 05:35 PM
Wheres the P for pansexual? 'cause that's the newest fad. Yes I know genuine gay people do exist, but there's lots of copycats out there.

I think you are correct. From observing my generation, my kid's generation and now my grandkid's I think there is a certain aspect of it being "cool to be gay" that has an influence on teens. Our society has shifted from persecution/exclusion to tolerance to normalization to celebration.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-12-2013, 05:36 PM
I think you are correct. From observing my generation, my kid's generation and now my grandkid's I think there is a certain aspect of it being "cool to be gay" that has an influence on teens. Our society has shifted from persecution/exclusion to tolerance to normalization to celebration.Yup the gay community is like a gang now. A gay gang.

MelissaWV
01-12-2013, 05:37 PM
I think you are correct. From observing my generation, my kid's generation and now my grandkid's I think there is a certain aspect of it being "cool to be gay" that has an influence on teens. Our society has shifted from persecution to tolerance to normalization to celebration.

Except, just like most other trendy crap, it's a pale superficial immitation that seeks to try to be sensational without incurring any of the hardships. Being genuinely other than heterosexual is not something you do in clubs to garner attention... it's a big huge factor that manifests in just about every kind of relationship you experience in life.

Anti Federalist
01-12-2013, 05:42 PM
This bullshit has gone past the ridiculous phase and onto the plain idiotic.

This will all come to an end when government prohibits bodily fluid exchanges without a permit.

CaptLouAlbano
01-12-2013, 05:43 PM
Except, just like most other trendy crap, it's a pale superficial immitation that seeks to try to be sensational without incurring any of the hardships. Being genuinely other than heterosexual is not something you do in clubs to garner attention... it's a big huge factor that manifests in just about every kind of relationship you experience in life.

I suppose so. I am from a much different generation so my life experience is far different. I can't recall many people being gay when I was young. There was one man who lived on my block growing up that was a "bachelor" (mid 30's or so never married, etc) maybe he was gay, it was the 40's so who knows. And as I was in my younger years as an adult you just didn't see it much, other than Liberace. It really wasn't until I guess the 80's or 90's when it became a sort of political movement.

In a nutshell, growing up in the 40's and 50's in Philadelphia there weren't any gay pride parades.

Anti Federalist
01-12-2013, 05:44 PM
I think you are correct. From observing my generation, my kid's generation and now my grandkid's I think there is a certain aspect of it being "cool to be gay" that has an influence on teens. Our society has shifted from persecution/exclusion to tolerance to normalization to celebration.

Forty years ago, two men smoking Marlboros was cool and two men smoking cock was a disgusting habit to be shunned...

phill4paul
01-12-2013, 05:47 PM
L.G.B.T.Q.I.A.C.D.F.G.H.J,K.M.N.O.P.R.S.U.VW.X.Y.Z zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

liveandletlive
01-12-2013, 06:06 PM
Emos should have special rights too

cbrons
01-12-2013, 06:11 PM
The gay mafia (and the femi-nazis) with all of their politically correct rubbish are rapidly becoming a parody of themselves.

phill4paul
01-12-2013, 06:15 PM
It was the free livin' '60s and '70s! With all those wippersnappers pot, lsd and cocaine! Should have banned all that free love and drugs. Never would have gotten this way if we could have legislated morality!

LibForestPaul
01-12-2013, 06:23 PM
But, but I like heterosexual women over 40 years old and under 55 who are caucasian and who speak English as their primary language...

Can I get some "special" letters and extra special treatment too?

Hungh? May I please?

For heavens sake who honestly gives a shit who you screw...:cool:

Hit the nail on the head!

MelissaWV
01-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Pretty sure I've never gotten special, positive treatment because I am perceived to fit certain groups and stereotypes. Pretty sure I don't want any.

Pretty sure I've gotten ridiculed or insulted because I am perceived to fit certain groups and stereotypes. Pretty sure I don't want that, either.

It mostly comes down to human decency, except when people want to legislate this --- on either side.

tod evans
01-12-2013, 06:42 PM
It was the free livin' '60s and '70s! With all those wippersnappers pot, lsd and cocaine! Should have banned all that free love and drugs. Never would have gotten this way if we could have legislated morality!

I screwed my way through the 70's&80's fueled by those listed and more.....Fun times!

opal
01-12-2013, 06:55 PM
yeah.. the 70s and 80s - good memories.. until that first marraige

legislating on human behavior just won't work.. never has.. never will

they did forget a group.. menopausal - usta give a crap.. might again some day.. don't even try it.. women
MUGACMASDDETI!

pacelli
01-12-2013, 07:21 PM
Can we buy another vowel?

Petar
01-12-2013, 07:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/eHDes.jpg

Stellwagen
01-12-2013, 07:29 PM
This will all come to an end when government prohibits bodily fluid exchanges without a permit.

a tax on semen? :eek:

shane77m
01-12-2013, 07:30 PM
Transvestites from transexual Transylvania should have special rights as well.

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationsmovie/asstd_movie/rhps.jpg

Brian4Liberty
01-12-2013, 07:33 PM
They can use less letters by just saying what they aren't. How about: anti-straight syndicate.

osan
01-12-2013, 07:43 PM

What about eye-socket-sexuals? Need an 'S' for Skull-fuckers. Might as well throw in an 'E' and and 'N' for ear- and nostril-sex too.

idiom
01-12-2013, 08:00 PM
This is the result of collectivism. Treating all males the same way and all females the same way was never going to work. This also won't disappear until we start treating our fellow humans as individuals.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-12-2013, 08:09 PM
They can use less letters by just saying what they aren't. How about: anti-straight syndicate.
ASS

Origanalist
01-12-2013, 08:17 PM
This is the result of collectivism. Treating all males the same way and all females the same way was never going to work. This also won't disappear until we start treating our fellow humans as individuals.

Bullshit, this is the result of a couple of decades of indoctrination.

Origanalist
01-12-2013, 08:17 PM
I don't see any H's.

pacelli
01-12-2013, 08:22 PM
This whole thread casts the term "circle jerk" in an entirely new light.

Origanalist
01-12-2013, 08:25 PM
This whole thread casts the term "circle jerk" in an entirely new light.

You're just trying to get on my sig......:p

And it worked! :eek:

zach
01-12-2013, 08:26 PM
As an ex-gay, I am not surprised at this generation of selfish, "Look at me!" teeny-boppers who don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Original_Intent
01-12-2013, 08:29 PM
If they would just throw in an "H" for homophobes, we could all be one big happy family....

Petar
01-12-2013, 08:33 PM
What about eye-socket-sexuals? Need an 'S' for Skull-fuckers. Might as well throw in an 'E' and and 'N' for ear- and nostril-sex too.

http://i.imgur.com/yShJW.jpg

Origanalist
01-12-2013, 08:33 PM
[“Youth today do not define themselves on the spectrum of L.G.B.T.,” said Shane Windmeyer, a founder of Campus Pride, a national student advocacy group based in Charlotte, N.C.
/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]“There’s a very different generation of people coming of age, with completely different conceptions of gender and sexuality,” No kidding, and it's not yours.

BUT sometimes L.G.B.T.Q.I.A. is not enough. At the University of Pennsylvania last fall, eight freshmen united in the frustration that no campus group represented them. Eight??!!

On a brisk Tuesday night in November, about 40 students crowded into the L.G.B.T. Center, a converted 19th-century carriage house, for the group’s inaugural open mike. The organizers had lured students by handing out fliers on campus while barking: “Free condoms! Free ChapStick!”

It sounds like they need to sell it a little harder.

heavenlyboy34
01-12-2013, 08:34 PM
As an ex-gay, I am not surprised at this generation of selfish, "Look at me!" teeny-boppers who don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.
Interesting. If you don't mind me asking, how did you become "un-gayed"? Was it a single experience or the culmination of many? /curious

QWDC
01-12-2013, 08:42 PM
Need to add an "O" for otherkin. I'm actually fairly confident that it will be added within the next decade.

Anti Federalist
01-12-2013, 08:53 PM
You're just trying to get on my sig......:p

And it worked! :eek:

You missed specs':

I hope you guys are wearing eye protection; cuz this circle jerk is on the verge of hazardous.

Philhelm
01-12-2013, 09:39 PM
a tax on semen? :eek:

As long as they keep the "receipt."

MelissaWV
01-12-2013, 09:42 PM
Know what would be cool, though? Is if I made thread after thread over the years deciding that any and all demographics of fellow RPFers are defined by their worst-behaved stereotypes.

I mean if you're white, why shouldn't I assume you're a vulgar, immoral skinhead racist, for instance?

Nahhhhh it's not the same :rolleyes:

Philhelm
01-12-2013, 09:45 PM

Not everyone on this forum has such a small penis. I do, but not everyone, mind you.

phill4paul
01-12-2013, 09:48 PM
They are maneuvering to take away my arms. I could not care more who is a poopy poker or scissors sistor. Which is to say that I don't even care.

Anti Federalist
01-12-2013, 10:02 PM
They are maneuvering to take away my arms. I could not care more who is a poopy poker or scissors sistor. Which is to say that I don't even care.

At the end of the day, this.

This government has put us under 24/7, total surveillance, has declared it has the right to kill us whenever or wherever it wants to, and is now moving to disarm us through executive fiat.

Who's fucking who takes on a whole new meaning here.

Smart3
01-12-2013, 10:14 PM

Crazy fundie stop lying to yourself. You're probably the most flamboyant gay in your area.

I'm an Asexual, and like gays (who we long pre-date and don't usually mingle with) we have a term for ourselves - Ace.

Some very famous people have been asexual, ranging from Isaac Newton to President Tilden (robbed by the Republicants of the day)

Petar
01-12-2013, 10:24 PM
Crazy fundie stop lying to yourself. You're probably the most flamboyant gay in your area.

I'm an Asexual, and like gays (who we long pre-date and don't usually mingle with) we have a term for ourselves - Ace.

Some very famous people have been asexual, ranging from Isaac Newton to President Tilden (robbed by the Republicants of the day)

I for one give you a lot of credit Zach.

Just because maybe you have some fruity history doesn't mean that you have to conform to this stupid category that society tries to impose on you.

I think it is very rare that anyone manages to come out of this brainwashing on their own and I welcome you back to the male race BRO.

otherone
01-12-2013, 10:28 PM

They should add a "P" for pedophiles. Haters.

Origanalist
01-12-2013, 11:29 PM

Look at the shiny thing, I think it's all part of the plan.

Origanalist
01-12-2013, 11:34 PM
You missed specs':

Oh hell, why not?

That will make up for that neg rep I gave him when he quit accepting + reps.

heavenlyboy34
01-13-2013, 12:16 AM
Or the letter П. in Russian, it's the "p" sounds-but called 'peh". педофил=pedophile.

Brian4Liberty
01-13-2013, 12:27 AM

Can't leave out podophilia.

Brian4Liberty
01-13-2013, 12:30 AM
We need an "m" for maschalagnia.

Brian4Liberty
01-13-2013, 12:33 AM
And those sick, twisted, disgusting mastofacts don't deserve a support group.

PaulConventionWV
01-13-2013, 04:24 AM
“There’s a really vibrant L.G.B.T. scene,” Kate Campbell, one of the M.C.’s, began. “However, that mostly encompasses the L.G.B. and not too much of the T. So we’re aiming to change that.”

Reads like satire. Are these people not aware that maybe, just MAYBE, the 'T' isn't being represented as well because there are less of them?

PaulConventionWV
01-13-2013, 04:40 AM

What? Impossible! There's no such thing as an ex-gay. Gay once, gay forever! You were born that way! Stop trying to change who you are!

PaulConventionWV
01-13-2013, 04:42 AM
Interesting. If you don't mind me asking, how did you become "un-gayed"? Was it a single experience or the culmination of many? /curious

In other words, zach, he doesn't believe you and is engaging in Socratic irony.

pochy1776
01-13-2013, 01:04 PM
You Know, I am starting to miss the 50s, Statist as f***, but it was a morally fibirous time if you lived in the suburbs.

idiom
01-13-2013, 01:36 PM
You Know, I am starting to miss the 50s, Statist as f***, but it was a morally fibirous time if you lived in the suburbs.

And kept the negro population in check. :rolleyes:

Its not decades of indoctrination that are coming apart, its millennia.

If you think the early part of last century of before was ideal then you are still indoctrinated.

Confederate
01-13-2013, 01:38 PM

Probably more free than we are now...didn't need a background check to buy a gun, could board an airplane without having your trsticles fondled, don't think any girls were fined for selling lemonade, Danke had no access to your personal emails...

otherone
01-13-2013, 01:56 PM
Probably more free than we are now...didn't need a background check to buy a gun, could board an airplane without having your trsticles fondled, don't think any girls were fined for selling lemonade, Danke had no access to your personal emails...

You could smoke nearly everywhere...

Confederate
01-13-2013, 02:15 PM

With 1 in 9 black males currently in prison, I think we're doing a great job of keeping the negro population in check today. :rolleyes:

Qdog
01-13-2013, 02:24 PM

No offense, but I have never heard of an ex-gay.... Did you just wake up one day and decided you really do prefer taco to sausage?

Confederate
01-13-2013, 02:26 PM
No offense, but I have never heard of an ex-gay.... Did you just wake up one day and decided you really do prefer taco to sausage?

Maybe he woke up and decided he didn't want to be a sexual deviant and decided to fight the immoral urges instead of giving in to them?

Homosexual attraction may not be a choice, but acting on it and living a homosexual lifestyle certain is.

mad cow
01-13-2013, 02:26 PM

...Send your 10 year old son to town in the wagon to pick up a case of dynamite to clear stumps with and tell him to pick you up a fifth of whiskey and a pound of tobacco and oh,Ma's got a toothache,better get some opium while you're there.

tod evans
01-13-2013, 02:31 PM
...Send your 10 year old son to town in the wagon to pick up a case of dynamite to clear stumps with and tell him to pick you up a fifth of whiskey and a pound of tobacco and oh,Ma's got a toothache,better get some opium while you're there.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^This x10!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

tod evans
01-13-2013, 02:31 PM
Duplicate post

puppetmaster
01-13-2013, 02:40 PM
add nambla (sp) and they are complete....complete idiots

TER
01-13-2013, 02:46 PM
yet another symptom of a civilization in decline...

pochy1776
01-13-2013, 03:43 PM

Its not decades of indoctrination that are coming apart, its millennia.

If you think the early part of last century of before was ideal then you are still indoctrinated.

It wasn't ideal, i admitted the fact that it was a statist time when big government grew the most.

FreedomProsperityPeace
01-13-2013, 04:51 PM
:eek: Holy shit. This is the first time I'm actually ashamed to be part of this message board. There are some hateful SOBs among us. :(

Petar
01-13-2013, 05:02 PM
:eek: Holy shit. This is the first time I'm actually ashamed to be part of this message board. There are some hateful SOBs among us. :(

http://i.imgur.com/YPdrv.jpg

Jingles
01-13-2013, 05:29 PM

Yeah, they do exist here... There is a divide here between Ancaps/libertarians like myself and conservatives.

MelissaWV
01-13-2013, 05:33 PM

The first time? Really? Threads like this are not uncommon. At least Theocrat isn't here to chime in as to the exact nature of one's eternal punishment.

pochy1776
01-13-2013, 06:10 PM
The first time? Really? Threads like this are not uncommon. At least Theocrat isn't here to chime in as to the exact nature of one's eternal punishment.

So? They probably campaign and donate more for Ron Paul than any socially liberal person. My stupid ass guest.

MelissaWV
01-13-2013, 06:16 PM
So? They probably campaign and donate more for Ron Paul than any socially liberal person. My stupid ass guest.

So the reason to applaud and hobnob with the ignorant is because they have donated a bunch of money (a really unproven claim, given the people involved in these threads). Absolute logic wins once again!

I would also like to express my sadness at your having to entertain a guest within your ass, or is it that you're having a donkey over for dinner, or perhaps it was some kind of insult? Clarity is somewhere up there near godliness, I hear. :)

pochy1776
01-13-2013, 06:25 PM
So the reason to applaud and hobnob with the ignorant is because they have donated a bunch of money (a really unproven claim, given the people involved in these threads). Absolute logic wins once again!

I would also like to express my sadness at your having to entertain a guest within your ass, or is it that you're having a donkey over for dinner, or perhaps it was some kind of insult? Clarity is somewhere up there near godliness, I hear. :)

No it was an "insult" to myself, not knowing. I don't even believe in god, i am an atheist. Most people you call homophobes are just people that hate any kind of personal or group pride that comes without merit or good reason. Most of us hate stormfront and scientology.

MelissaWV
01-13-2013, 06:27 PM
I don't recall using that word.

http://photos.burnsland.com/Art/Burnsland/i-DVz92xZ/0/L/Good%20Old%20Figment%20041812-L.jpg

pochy1776
01-13-2013, 06:28 PM

Really, being facetious just because you hate so cons? Not all of us millennials are social liberals who love prostitution and smoke pot. And brag about being "tolerant.""Some of us are conservatives and libertarians. I fail to see how being a high functioning autistic and being able to be the best at 1 or 2 subjects is seen as a social problem but sucking somebody's dick if you are a boy is.

Who do you prefer Tom Woods or Bleeding heart libertarians like Jason Brennan who posts under here as Xerographica.

Keith and stuff
01-13-2013, 06:33 PM

Too funny. Thanks.

Petar
01-13-2013, 06:41 PM
Let us not allow our bickering to cause us to lose site of what is truly important here. One of our own forum members is a former "homosexual". Today is truly a great day for liberty.

pochy1776
01-13-2013, 06:50 PM
Let us not allow our bickering to cause us to lose site of what is truly important here. One of our own forum members is a former "homosexual". Today is truly a great day for liberty.

Are you being sarcastic? When will your project get done? should we meet each other?

Petar
01-13-2013, 06:53 PM
Are you being sarcastic? When will your project get done? should we meet each other?

NOT sarcastic but not 100% sincere either. We should continue our correspondence in PM. The walls have ears.

pochy1776
01-13-2013, 06:58 PM
NOT sarcastic but not 100% sincere either. We should continue our correspondence in PM. The walls have ears.

The thing i hate about LBGT is its own hypocrisy and hubris. Insulting "ex gays" is really fucking hypocritical, Insulting Log cabin Republicans and GoProud and calling them House Gays is also fucking hypocritical and full of hubris.

Noob
01-13-2013, 11:33 PM
Next they add P to it.

Ranger29860
01-14-2013, 02:47 AM
I suppose so. I am from a much different generation so my life experience is far different. I can't recall many people being gay when I was young. There was one man who lived on my block growing up that was a "bachelor" (mid 30's or so never married, etc) maybe he was gay, it was the 40's so who knows. And as I was in my younger years as an adult you just didn't see it much, other than Liberace. It really wasn't until I guess the 80's or 90's when it became a sort of political movement.

In a nutshell, growing up in the 40's and 50's in Philadelphia there weren't any gay pride parades.

Because as a gay man who was out you were likely to be killed, accused of child molestation or sent to an insane asylum for elctro shock therapy.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-14-2013, 03:08 AM
We need to think of the word for people with no sexual organs

Ricky201
01-14-2013, 05:30 PM
Yup the gay community is like a gang now. A gay gang.

Really? Yes, gay liberals are representives of every single gay person. Just as Glenn Beck is a representative of the libertarian community.

Umm...it SHOULD be a celebration that a homosexuals are not persecuted and allowed to be who they are. It's just like the day when we will no longer be persecuted by the monopoly of force known as the government. It may never happen, but it will be a celebration if it ever does happen.

It must not be that much of a fad. I'm gay, and I still had to wiki that one.

Emos should have special rights too

Look, if the generations before us didn't demand special rights for other people, than we wouldn't be having this discussion regarding special rights for gays...than again if our country didn't have a history of killing natives, enslaving blacks, killing immigrants, than maybe the whole special rights thing wouldn't even come up. Unfortunately, our ancestors screwed the pooch on that one.

The gay mafia (and the femi-nazis) with all of their politically correct rubbish are rapidly becoming a parody of themselves.

Oh please, what fucking gay mafia? The "gay mafia" has always been the progressive movement, because they were the only ones that took the gays in under their cunning wings. But please, don't generalize gays. Many of us are libertarians to the core. In other words, we don't want special rights and priveledges. We just want to be LEFT THE FUCK ALONE.

What? Impossible! There's no such thing as an ex-gay. Gay once, gay forever! You were born that way! Stop trying to change who you are!

There probably isn't such thing as an ex-gay. Unless, that person was never gay before, or is just stopping from having "homosexual urges". That doesn't mean he/she isn't attracted to same sex. Don't believe me? Read up on some of the ex-founders of Exodus International, NARTH, Love Won Out, or any of its other parasitic sisters. See how far that got them before they had to admit that conversion/reparative therapy is a bunch of crap.

Oh and second of all, who fucking cares whether you're born that way or whether you're not. I don't make an argument for either one. I'm happy and I don't care to force my moral code on you. I think that's a fair enough deal, don't you?

Maybe he woke up and decided he didn't want to be a sexual deviant and decided to fight the immoral urges instead of giving in to them?

Homosexual attraction may not be a choice, but acting on it and living a homosexual lifestyle certain is.

Lol...no...that's called your smug perspective on it. Try not to be so certain on things. You may find yourself humbled one day.

Well what do you expect? It called freedom. People are allowed to be jackasses that put others in categories, because they're so righteously smug and "intelligent". It's bad to be a collectivist, unless you're talking about those fudge packing, satan-cock-sucking, homosexuals!

The thing i hate about LBGT is its own hypocrisy and hubris. Insulting "ex gays" is really fucking hypocritical, Insulting Log cabin Republicans and GoProud and calling them House Gays is also fucking hypocritical and full of hubris.

Once again, read up on some of these ex-gay founders, and if you think it's okay for these places to ask people for thousands of dollars based on bunk science which leads to more suicidal patterns in the individuals that participate at such places, than all I can say is that that's quite depressing. As for as Log Cabin Republicans and GoProud, from what I've read their philosophies involve far too much central planning, protectionism, and foreign interventionism. No wonder no one wants anything to do with them! I'll go with Outright Libertarians any day of the week.

otherone
01-14-2013, 05:38 PM

wealthy?

Yowan
01-14-2013, 06:03 PM
As a gay Libertarian all I have to say is:

Who really cares about what people call themselves, let them call themselves whatever they want. I am a gay atheist libertarian, people are different, who cares? Get over it. Stop making a big deal about nothing.

For the most part, gays are not trying to be a 'gang', we are just tired of being treated like shit by so many groups of people.

pochy1776
01-14-2013, 07:02 PM
Really? Yes, gay liberals are representives of every single gay person. Just as Glenn Beck is a representative of the libertarian community.

Umm...it SHOULD be a celebration that a homosexuals are not persecuted and allowed to be who they are. It's just like the day when we will no longer be persecuted by the monopoly of force known as the government. It may never happen, but it will be a celebration if it ever does happen.

It must not be that much of a fad. I'm gay, and I still had to wiki that one.

Look, if the generations before us didn't demand special rights for other people, than we wouldn't be having this discussion regarding special rights for gays...than again if our country didn't have a history of killing natives, enslaving blacks, killing immigrants, than maybe the whole special rights thing wouldn't even come up. Unfortunately, our ancestors screwed the pooch on that one.

Oh please, what fucking gay mafia? The "gay mafia" has always been the progressive movement, because they were the only ones that took the gays in under their cunning wings. But please, don't generalize gays. Many of us are libertarians to the core. In other words, we don't want special rights and priveledges. We just want to be LEFT THE FUCK ALONE.

There probably isn't such thing as an ex-gay. Unless, that person was never gay before, or is just stopping from having "homosexual urges". That doesn't mean he/she isn't attracted to same sex. Don't believe me? Read up on some of the ex-founders of Exodus International, NARTH, Love Won Out, or any of its other parasitic sisters. See how far that got them before they had to admit that conversion/reparative therapy is a bunch of crap.

Oh and second of all, who fucking cares whether you're born that way or whether you're not. I don't make an argument for either one. I'm happy and I don't care to force my moral code on you. I think that's a fair enough deal, don't you?

Lol...no...that's called your smug perspective on it. Try not to be so certain on things. You may find yourself humbled one day.

Well what do you expect? It called freedom. People are allowed to be jackasses that put others in categories, because they're so righteously smug and "intelligent". It's bad to be a collectivist, unless you're talking about those fudge packing, satan-cock-sucking, homosexuals!

Once again, read up on some of these ex-gay founders, and if you think it's okay for these places to ask people for thousands of dollars based on bunk science which leads to more suicidal patterns in the individuals that participate at such places, than all I can say is that that's quite depressing. As for as Log Cabin Republicans and GoProud, from what I've read their philosophies involve far too much central planning, protectionism, and foreign interventionism. No wonder no one wants anything to do with them! I'll go with Outright Libertarians any day of the week.
I never said i believed in EX-Gay or conversion therapy. I don't. The (current) scientific consensus is that it is inborn. I just hate the activities of smug LBGT students and groups attacking their own people for being christian or being right wing. If they want to be what they project (Loving, Tolerant, scientific) then they should'nt be so damn smug, violent or self-confident. Rather, they should set a greater example of being loving or tolerant of their enemies. Of course, america likes shit flinging fights.

pochy1776
01-14-2013, 07:04 PM
As a gay Libertarian all I have to say is:

Who really cares about what people call themselves, let them call themselves whatever they want. I am a gay atheist libertarian, people are different, who cares? Get over it. Stop making a big deal about nothing.

For the most part, gays are not trying to be a 'gang', we are just tired of being treated like shit by so many groups of people.

Haven't done anything recently. ONly made a remark about how being in the Gay Straight alliance is a useless waste of time unless one wants to become a political gang. Got killed by the faculty.

dannno
01-14-2013, 07:24 PM

Is that a South Park episode? If not, it really should be..

priest_of_syrinx
01-14-2013, 10:47 PM

Hahaha!!! What happened to Theocrat????

PaulConventionWV
01-18-2013, 06:14 PM

Are you really telling us that this forum is hateful simply because some people here entertain the possibility of being an ex-gay? Is that what "hate" is to you people these days, you liberals? You can accuse us of hate all you want, but that doesn't make it true. Question your own beliefs about moral conservatism.

PaulConventionWV
01-18-2013, 06:19 PM

Androids?

PaulConventionWV
01-18-2013, 06:31 PM

So how can you say that there "probably isn't such a thing as an ex gay"? How could you possibly even begin to make that assessment? Do you not see the hypocrisy in claiming that those who voluntarily choose to identify themselves as ex-gay are faking it or just not aware of who they really are? You are assuming your own infallibility but the fallibility of others is still very real to you. You don't see that you're making some of the same arguments as those you label "homophobes" when they say you're just not aware of who you are?

Also, I don't care what happened to some organization who turned out to be failures in life. The reality is that we have many people now who are starting to go against the grain by "converting" themselves successfully. As predicted, people like you will ostensibly deny that they were real gays in the first place or that they really did convert like they say they did. You all have your own way of saying it, but in the end, you are repeating the same hypocritical mantra, that those who choose to change are lying to themselves about who they are.

And who cares whether they were born that way? Well, it seems that you give them no option than being the same person they've always been, so it kind of seems like it matters to you. Otherwise, you would welcome the idea that some gays can change their ways since you have no way of knowing whether or not they truly are different. And yet you assume they "probably aren't" any different because it reinforces your preconceived notions about how sexuality works.

Also, I don't believe I said anything about forcing my moral code on anyone. Did I ever do that to you? I advocate persuasion not force. Can you please explain to me why the automatic assumption is that I am using force to spread my views. Please, I would like to hear an explanation as to why I am automatically assumed to be a statist if I think it's possible to convert, or if I think homosexuality is morally wrong. What part of that argument even implies force?

PaulConventionWV
01-18-2013, 06:34 PM
I never said i believed in EX-Gay or conversion therapy. I don't. The (current) scientific consensus is that it is inborn. I just hate the activities of smug LBGT students and groups attacking their own people for being christian or being right wing. If they want to be what they project (Loving, Tolerant, scientific) then they should'nt be so damn smug, violent or self-confident. Rather, they should set a greater example of being loving or tolerant of their enemies. Of course, america likes shit flinging fights.

Bullshit. There's no "scientific consensus" on conversion therapy. Is this like the "consensus" on global warming, or the "consensus" on evolution? When are we going to stop being ruled by consensus?

As far as I know, the subject has hardly even been studied scientifically at all.

PaulConventionWV
01-18-2013, 06:34 PM

Bullshit. There's no "scientific consensus" on conversion therapy. Is this like the "consensus" on global warming, or the "consensus" on evolution? When are we going to stop being ruled by consensus?

As far as I know, the subject has hardly even been studied scientifically at all.

MelissaWV
01-18-2013, 06:41 PM
Are you really telling us that this forum is hateful simply because some people here entertain the possibility of being an ex-gay? Is that what "hate" is to you people these days, you liberals? You can accuse us of hate all you want, but that doesn't make it true. Question your own beliefs about moral conservatism.

Did you even read what I responded to?

Me: ... Threads like this are not uncommon. At least Theocrat isn't here to chime in as to the exact nature of one's eternal punishment.

Now let's pause for a moment. What does that have to do with saying the forum is hateful? Where did I say anything of the sort? We were discussing being ashamed of the behavior of a few people on the forums, not of their opinions. You're the one who introduced the word hate, then you tossed it into quotation marks and spun it around to tut-tut at me for using it.

I talked about ignorance. This thread has it in spades. So do a lot of other threads.

I talked about Theocrat. He has spoken at length about how most of us are going to hell, and is quite giddy when he tells you precisely what will happen. He's even said a few things I can't repeat in any company --- polite or otherwise --- about what should happen to LGBT who do not repent.

Other person: So? They probably campaign and donate more for Ron Paul than any socially liberal person. My stupid ass guest.

Here is an assertion that ignorance is okay, since the person donated more than I did, and campaigned more. Again, where's the word "hate"?

Petar
01-18-2013, 06:47 PM
http://i.imgur.com/KYemGn6.jpg

pochy1776
01-18-2013, 06:52 PM
Please let this thread die, it pits paul supporter against paul supporter. Giant Douche (social liberal) vs turd sandwich (Theocrats)

PaulConventionWV
01-20-2013, 12:40 PM
Did you even read what I responded to?

Now let's pause for a moment. What does that have to do with saying the forum is hateful? Where did I say anything of the sort? We were discussing being ashamed of the behavior of a few people on the forums, not of their opinions. You're the one who introduced the word hate, then you tossed it into quotation marks and spun it around to tut-tut at me for using it.

I talked about ignorance. This thread has it in spades. So do a lot of other threads.

Ok, so what are you calling ignorance? You seem to be of a like mind as the person you responded to and they seem to believe that gays can never be converted. I was responding to him as much as to you. The general anti-conversion sentiment is hypocritical and sickening.

I talked about Theocrat. He has spoken at length about how most of us are going to hell, and is quite giddy when he tells you precisely what will happen. He's even said a few things I can't repeat in any company --- polite or otherwise --- about what should happen to LGBT who do not repent.

I'm not sure why you're telling me about Theocrat. I'm not of a like mind to him.

Here is an assertion that ignorance is okay, since the person donated more than I did, and campaigned more. Again, where's the word "hate"?

Again, what's ignorance? That's the point. Before you go around telling people, "This doesn't justify your ignorance", why don't we settle whether or not they're as ignorant as you say?