PDA

View Full Version : please check out www.ruger.com

BnXmkpfrME
01-12-2013, 04:39 PM
At 0700 this morning we only had 2651 people that used their very very easy letter system.....now they are cooking at over 15 people a second!! sending letters to everyone of their members of Govt. No other gun company is doing this. Ruger is trying, they are in the fight, and I will back them.

They set up the letter and the process, very very easy, let it be said that we did nothing......

BnXmkpfrME
01-12-2013, 04:40 PM
At 0700 this morning we only had 2651 people that used their very very easy letter system.....now they are cooking at over 15 people a second!! sending letters to everyone of their members of Govt. No other gun company is doing this. Ruger is trying, they are in the fight, and I will back them.

They set up the letter and the process, very very easy, let it be said that we did nothing......

belian78
01-12-2013, 04:41 PM
Hello Mr/Mrs Ruger PR person. :p

To be clear, don't care if you are or aren't, I support the effort for sure.

kathy88
01-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Welcome to the forums. Come back and read your ass off. Great stuff here.

BnXmkpfrME
01-12-2013, 04:48 PM
I am a Ron Paul voter and have meet the man....and yes love my guns and liberty. and you all are liberty loving freaks like me.

Acala
01-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Trying to erase the bad karma?

http://www.firearmscoalition.com/new/new/new/new/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=645:bill-rugers-magazine-ban&catid=15:chriss-blog&Itemid=87

mad cow
01-12-2013, 05:41 PM
Done,Plus Rep,Welcome.
I think you need like 5 posts before you can post a link,so here it is.

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/

Acala
01-12-2013, 05:42 PM
Not supporting the high cap mag ban this time?

TheTexan
01-12-2013, 05:45 PM
I would recommend setting up an alternate letter, more along the lines of Joshua Boston's.

I for one don't want to send any letters that encourage them to enforce the gun laws already on the books (NFA for example).

BnXmkpfrME
01-12-2013, 06:59 PM
no they dont.
Where is your source?

This is not your fathers Ruger company (politicaly)

Keith and stuff
01-12-2013, 07:04 PM
Here is the link. I proud that this company gave my friends jobs. In fact, if you need a job, move to New Hampshire. Ruger is hiring. http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/

Thank you!

Your message for "Gun Owner Call to Action" was sent on 01/12/2013 20:06 PM to the following recipients: ...President Barack Obama, Vice President Joseph Biden, Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH), Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)

Thank you for taking action on this important issue.

presence
01-12-2013, 07:38 PM
Proud owner.

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/index.html

sluggo
01-12-2013, 08:09 PM
Here's the email text, if anyone is interested:

Dear (Recipient),I am a law-abiding citizen and responsible gun owner.
I am saddened by the tragic events in Newtown, Connecticut, but I believe that efforts to impose new restrictions on me and other lawful and responsible owners like me are misguided. Did you know that violent crime with firearms has declined since the Federal "assault weapons ban" expired in 2004?
Your focus should be on strengthening mental health care and improving the quality of data supporting NICs checks (National Instant Criminal Background Check System). Do NOT pass more gun laws; instead, work to enforce the more than 20,000 gun laws already on the books.
I am your constituent and I vote. Please represent me.
Sincerely,

(Your Contact Information)

pcosmar
01-12-2013, 11:15 PM
Your focus should be on strengthening mental health care and improving the quality of data supporting NICs checks (National Instant Criminal Background Check System).

WTF?
Wrong.
:(

angelatc
01-12-2013, 11:27 PM

Remember this when you hear people screech that corporations are not people and therefore should not have the right to political speech, please.

As it stands now, Ruger can buy ads supporting candidates, or opposing candidates, or making their point on political issues, like, say, gun control. That's something that the government, the liberals, and even some of the louder libertarians would like stopped.

If they got their way, in this instance, for example, Ruger would be forced to stand quietly by and watch government dismantle their livelihoods along with our rights.

What I'd like to see is the right wing start driving sponsors off Piers Morgan's show, like the left did with Glenn Beck.

angelatc
01-12-2013, 11:29 PM
Here's the email text, if anyone is interested:

What? We dont need the federal government to tell us we're all crazy, and we definitely don't need them doing background checks to find out they told us we were crazy, either.

mad cow
01-12-2013, 11:33 PM
There are three ways an elected official can move on an issue,the right way,stand still,or the wrong way.
They are getting a lot of pressure on #3,this is at worst a #2.
This link painlessly sent that letter to all of my State and Federal level elected officials for <2minutes of my time invested,and I'm a slow typer.
It certainly did no harm.

oyarde
01-12-2013, 11:42 PM
I had an old Ruger revolver once , nice weapon and one of those whatyamacallum -14's. :)

Acala
01-13-2013, 07:37 AM
no they dont.
Where is your source?

My source for what? The FACT that Ruger openly advocated a high cap magazine ban last time around? Don't try to dispute that or you will lose all credibility.

Bill Ruger sold out his countrymen and the Constitution for profit. I'm glad his company is not doing it again. Gun owners have a long memory.

Aeroneous
01-13-2013, 07:47 AM
I've purchased 3 Ruger firearms in the past couple years and have loved them all. They make a solid product, and I'm glad to see they are joining the good side of this gun control debate. I wish they would allow me to edit the letter, however, as I think a flood of unique letters from constituents is more impressive than a bunch of identical computer generated letters.

Noob
01-13-2013, 08:19 AM
Use this one also

https://secure.conservativeactionalerts.com/caa_gunban/?a=7940

BnXmkpfrME
01-13-2013, 08:22 AM
My source for what? The FACT that Ruger openly advocated a high cap magazine ban last time around? Don't try to dispute that or you will lose all credibility.

Bill Ruger sold out his countrymen and the Constitution for profit. I'm glad his company is not doing it again. Gun owners have a long memory.

thanks for the 20 year old news. Now off your piss rock and help

angelatc
01-13-2013, 11:26 AM
thanks for the 20 year old news. Now off your piss rock and help

We have long memories, which enables us to avoid getting duped as much as the general constituency does. Having said that, we're all on the same side of this issue only if the mental health database doesn't enter the discourse. Can we just get along?

BnXmkpfrME
01-13-2013, 11:34 AM
Right and your preaching to the choir........but if it was not for people and there ability to change, Ron Paul would have gotten no where versus attitudes about him 20-25 years ago. What does punishing Ruger right now do for you??

All I am saying is that he whats to have a lifelong punushment of Ruger then he can go in the corner and do that. Not sure what he gains by that....The Racheal Madows of the world could give a shit about this inner struggle he is having, they are going to push push and fight all the way

For me, I will move forward.....

Acala
01-13-2013, 12:11 PM
Right and your preaching to the choir........but if it was not for people and there ability to change, Ron Paul would have gotten no where versus attitudes about him 20-25 years ago. What does punishing Ruger right now do for you??

All I am saying is that he whats to have a lifelong punushment of Ruger then he can go in the corner and do that. Not sure what he gains by that....The Racheal Madows of the world could give a shit about this inner struggle he is having, they are going to push push and fight all the way

For me, I will move forward.....

Bill Ruger committed a shameful, cowardly act for which he should ALWAYS be remembered. I was fighting for liberty and he gave support and comfort to the enemy. I will never forget. Never forgetting such a despicable act IS part of the battle today. It is part of going forward. Politicians, entertainers, and industrialists need to know that if they cave now, we will never forget.

I am happy that the company that bears his shameful name is fighting on the right side. That's good. But I'm not going to get all giddy about it. They have some catching up to do to break even in my book. And the name of Ruger will ALWAYS be tarnished. That is the just "punushment" for traitors.

BnXmkpfrME
01-13-2013, 12:24 PM
K......are you done?

Like I said, go in the corner and wait till they "break even" in your mind.

meanwhile the fight continues

Acala
01-13-2013, 12:58 PM
K......are you done?

Like I said, go in the corner and wait till they "break even" in your mind.

meanwhile the fight continues

You say Ruger, I say traitor. Forever. Get used to it.

asurfaholic
01-13-2013, 01:37 PM

I say ignore what causes you don't want to support.

For me, I send letters, unique ones to people that I feel that it actually makes a difference. And no, I wont put personal information and the fact that I own weapons and send it to that monkey in the WH. Nothing good comes of it. And no, I don't want to support the 20k gun laws that exist already.

Nope not at all, nor do I want govt to keep fucking up health care. Nope

Cleaner44
01-13-2013, 01:48 PM
Thanks for sharing. Action taken. It probably won't help, but it won't stop me.

BnXmkpfrME
01-14-2013, 07:53 AM
bump

CaptUSA
01-14-2013, 08:17 AM
bumpThanks for returning this morning. Even though some of us turn our noses up when we have disagreements, I'd like to think we can all work together when our interests align.

I won't be sending this letter, though, because of this:

Your focus should be on strengthening mental health care and improving the quality of data supporting NICs checks (National Instant Criminal Background Check System).

It should not be part of the federal government's "focus" to strengthen mental health care - or any health care, for that matter. And improving the quality of government data checks wouldn't have done anything to prevent this disaster. This is deflecting blame from an issue you care about to one that you don't care about as much. It's a little self-serving. I don't think we need the government checking us more thoroughly to ensure we're "ok" in their book to buy your product. We should focus more on educating people on how to properly care for their weapons. This is something that would have actually affected the Newtown shooting, but we don't need the government for this.

I'm all for writing letters. I think we should. Let's just not invite more government scrutiny in other areas of our lives because we don't want them in this area.

Again, welcome. And thanks for helping with the fight where we agree.

fisharmor
01-14-2013, 08:24 AM

Let's not forget that NICS would not even exist for Ruger to be currently actively supporting if Ruger hadn't pushed to put it in place 20 years ago.

CaptUSA
01-14-2013, 08:36 AM
I didn't want to go back 20 years, because this guy seems to be moving on, but this letter still talks about strengthening NICS.

We all know how foolish it is to push for one type of liberty by limiting another. We see the big picture. You can't separate liberty.

Unfortunately, most people don't see it like we do. I'll accept their help on issues where we agree and fight them on the other side. If we don't build these types of coalitions, what are we doing here? If we shun this type of help entirely, we can be sure to lose on both sides. It's been happening for generations.

Original_Intent
01-14-2013, 08:53 AM

I'm sure you meant to say let it NOT be said that we did nothing...:D
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the post.

jbauer
01-14-2013, 08:57 AM
Done, and bought a ruger last week

BnXmkpfrME
01-14-2013, 09:00 AM
..thanks...;)

Todd
01-14-2013, 09:10 AM
done. and sent link to a dozen friends.

kcchiefs6465
01-14-2013, 09:13 AM
Not trying to get off topic but what is this '20,000 gun laws on the books already' statement I keep reading. Not that I doubt the number (as I am sure it's high) I just wonder where it came from. I don't want to look like a fool if I use it in a debate and it is an exaggeration etc.

Occam's Banana
01-14-2013, 09:28 AM
It should not be part of the federal government's "focus" to strengthen mental health care [...]

Good God, THIS! ^^^ A million times, THIS! ^^^

Just speculating as to what kinds of attitudes and "feelings" you would be expected to have in order for the government to judge you as being mentally "healthy" is enough to give me the creeping heebie-jeebies.

State sponsorship of psychiatry is already troublesome enough as it is - just imagine what it would be like if the APA decided to add an entry equivalent to "gun nut" to the DSM.

tod evans
01-14-2013, 09:38 AM
Good God, THIS! ^^^ A million times, THIS! ^^^

Just speculating as to what kinds of attitudes and "feelings" you would be expected to have in order for the government to judge you as being mentally "healthy" is enough to give me the creeping heebie-jeebies.

Boot licking group think..........