PDA

View Full Version : Ron on Our Latest Successes in the GOP

FSP-Rebel
01-12-2013, 03:33 PM
Dear Ken,

When I retired from Congress, Ben Bernanke and his cronies at the Federal Reserve thought they'd gotten off "scot-free."

The biggest "thorn in their side" was now gone.

Well, I hate to burst their bubble, but they're wrong.

In fact, my fight to restore the Founding principles of individual liberty, free markets, sound money, and constitutional government is far from over.

In many ways, it's just begun.

The American people are FED UP with the Big Government, big spending status quo in Washington.

As a result, brushfires of liberty are springing up all across the country.

And considering all the achievements you and I have made over the last few years, the future of our movement looks brighter than ever.

Today, I wanted to take a moment to share some of those successes with you.

In the "First in the Nation" state of Iowa, friends of liberty have made tremendous strides in getting elected or reelected to major offices within the state Republican Party.

A former high-ranking officer of the Iowa GOP has gone on record talking about how many people "from the Campaign for Liberty" have taken over prominent positions, and his statement came before their latest election, when one of my supporters was elected as co-chair of the Iowa GOP!

Members of our movement now hold the chair, co-chair, Executive Director, Organization Director, and Finance Chair positions in the Iowa GOP.

In Missouri - the largest caucus state in the nation - grassroots liberty activists mobilized and successfully elected an anti-establishment candidate as Chairman of the Missouri Republican Party, beating the hand-picked candidate of Senator Roy Blunt.

In Nevada, liberty-minded Republicans gained control of the majority of the state and municipal party leadership.

In Alaska, my supporters will soon be sworn in to top positions within the Republican Party - including Chairman and Vice Chairman.

And in Maine, Washington State, and many other states and localities across the country, the same holds true, as liberty-minded activists are getting elected to positions of party leadership.

Ken, as you can see, our liberty movement has never been so strong.

And Campaign for Liberty is just getting started.

With your continued support, we will see the day respect for individual liberty and constitutional principles are finally restored in America.

Thank you for all of your hard work in defense of freedom.

I'm looking forward to all you and I will achieve together in the future.

In Liberty,

Ron Paul
Chairman

P.S. Thanks to the tireless work of Campaign for Liberty members and supporters, our liberty movement has never been so strong.

But this is just the beginning.

Help C4L continue to lead the fight to restore constitutional government in America by chipping in $10, $25 or whatever you can afford today (http://www.chooseliberty.org/donate2013.aspx?pid=0112b)

pochy1776
01-12-2013, 04:25 PM
Neato!

sailingaway
01-12-2013, 10:41 PM
I noticed he is no longer 'honorary' chairman.

I also noticed it doesn't really sound like him. Ron would never refer to himself as the biggest thorn in the Feds side, he's far too modest.

Bastiat's The Law
01-12-2013, 11:35 PM
This should probably go in Grassroots Central, no? This is a great message everyone needs to hear!

Paulatized
01-13-2013, 08:47 AM
I agree, it wasn't quite Ron's sound, but better than the usual C4L mail outs. At least it didn't have the word "statist," as is usual in every other sentence in C4L mail outs from Tate. If we are to grow the movement, we need to drop words like that to keep from seeming fringe. Just mho. Not that the word is a turn off for me, but it just gives an unprofessional tone to a serious cause. Couldn't find any real fault with the content of this letter, but as you said, it just didn't quite seem to be Ron's use of words.

I also noticed it doesn't really sound like him. Ron would never refer to himself as the biggest thorn in the Feds side, he's far too modest.

trey4sports
01-13-2013, 09:08 AM

C4L pays people lots of money to write copy that gets a response. Ron probably just looks it over and decides whether to give it a thumbs up.

sailingaway
01-13-2013, 02:03 PM
C4L pays people lots of money to write copy that gets a response. Ron probably just looks it over and decides whether to give it a thumbs up.

from some people, the style always turned me off. I respond to him, I don't even read the copy. They should hire at least a true believer or two to pick up those who do NOT like these sort of emails, imho.

Separately, I unsubscribed from a Rand Pac thing recently, having never signed up there, and it took me to a C4L link and now I don't get these C4L emails either, and I always have before, because I donate.

However, as long as others post them, it doesn't really bother me.

FSP-Rebel
01-13-2013, 02:15 PM
The reason I posted this was because C4L is basically our action-oriented policy arm and needs funding to be effective. They were instrumental, alongside Ron, for pushing the Fed Audit and getting the backing of the many that they did. At any time in any org or campaign we can find something to bicker about that isn't to our particular liking which reminds me of the purity standard as to whether someone is liberty enough to support. The fact is, this is Ron's outfit being staffed by those HE approves of and it's up to us as his supporters to do what we can to help the interim cause. We need C4L to be strong so they are fit to take on the shit going on in Congress and elsewhere as a major liberty organization alongside other conservative ones like Americans for Prosperity, FreedomWorks and random Tea Party groups. So, if was deemed appropriate to donate to Ron's campaign, I'd think the same would apply to C4L. The leadership classes alone that they sponsor are great for our state level organizers to become empowered and send the vibe back down the line to the roots regarding mobilization for legislation purposes and/or as unofficial teams to turnout our folk at caucuses/conventions that will affect how we keep making ourselves as influential as possible in restoring the GOP. I'm not castigating, just saying.

sailingaway
01-13-2013, 02:17 PM
I have no problem with your posting the C4L email, I was just noticing I hadn't received it at all (I sometimes do late, on campaign stuff too, I don't know if it is a time zone thing or what). I didn't unsubscribe from C4L, as a personal matter, either, I am waiting to see how 'Ron' it is. They seem to have taken me off the list automatically for unsubscribing to a RandPac thing a few weeks ago, which is interesting, though.

I'm not concerned. The first time I donate again I'm sure I'll be back on their list. That is what happened when I unsubscribed from an unsolicited Christine ODonnell thing and found myself unsubscribed from Rand's stuff at the end of his Senate campaign. the next time I donated I got the emails again.

I do think it means their list serve management needs work though, I was not intending to unsubscribe from C4L.

Keith and stuff
01-13-2013, 02:23 PM
Plus, there is the Resolution Opposing RNC Rule Change. It was written by New Hampshire liberty activists with the help of the RLC. We passed it in NH in October and is spreading around the country to other state parties. The latest news is it passed in ME. So now it has passed in 9 or 10 states. In fact, by now, the text has even changed, improve IMO, a little.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/entry.php?786-Resolution-Opposing-RNC-Rule-Change-Passes-at-NH-GOP-State-Convention
http://www.dailypaul.com/270016/maine-gop-rejects-2012-rnc-rules

sailingaway
01-13-2013, 02:25 PM
Plus, there is the Resolution Opposing RNC Rule Change. It was written by New Hampshire liberty activists with the help of the RLC. We passed it in NH in October and is spreading around the country to other state parties. The latest news is it passed in ME. So now it has passed in 9 or 10 states. In fact, by now, the text has even changed, improve IMO, a little.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/entry.php?786-Resolution-Opposing-RNC-Rule-Change-Passes-at-NH-GOP-State-Convention
http://www.dailypaul.com/270016/maine-gop-rejects-2012-rnc-rules

why don't you make a new thread for that?

I pretty much never see the blogs unless someone posts them, and I doubt I'm the only one.

FSP-Rebel
01-13-2013, 02:28 PM
I am waiting to see how 'Ron' it is.
The way I'm used to seeing Ron operate is he usually has "his" people running whatever he's sort of involved with whether by using his name or some such. I'm sure he's briefed on the specifics of said operation and then he sends them on their little way to handle the details. I think over the last few months after the election they've been trying to raise funds to see what stuff they can take on for this new year and I'm sure by now they want to be in full steam mode yet they might be a little short on coin. I'm just speculating but I got a packet in the mail a few days ago from some attorney affiliated w/ C4L describing what they wanted to take on this year but they wanted the survey part returned describing which of the 4 items they listed you thought was important to work on if not all of them. Of course, they were suggesting $300 per item or an average donation of $900 at least up to $1200 (which kinda made me laugh a lil) but I'm sure that sort of fundraising exaggeration was just to trigger mass donations of $50-100. I ended up throwing the paperwork out and just chipped in modestly through their web page.

sailingaway
01-13-2013, 02:30 PM
Before he was a Congressman and had a separate full time job. I'm hoping it will be different now. I frankly don't like how the campaign was managed and am hoping he'll be more hands on at least in an ideological branding sense.

Keith and stuff
01-13-2013, 03:24 PM
why don't you make a new thread for that?

I pretty much never see the blogs unless someone posts them, and I doubt I'm the only one.

There is already a thread about it. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?401186-Today-Maine-Republican-Party-RESOLVES-fraudulent-RNC-rules
Because of your suggestion, I blogged about it :) http://www.ronpaulforums.com/entry.php?821-Maine-passes-a-Resolution-to-Restore-the-Power-of-the-GOP-Grassroots