PDA

View Full Version : Eric Holder: Gun Owners Should ‘Cower’ in Shame Like Smokers

RonPaulFanInGA
01-12-2013, 02:10 PM
http://visiontoamerica.com/13610/eric-holder-gun-owners-should-cower-in-shame-like-smokers/

The hot new video at MRCTV.org is 1995 footage of Attorney General Eric Holder, when he was the U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia. In his remarks before the Woman’s National Democratic Club, broadcast by CSPAN 2, Holder said people should be ashamed to own guns, just the way that cigarette smokes now “cower outside of buildings” to smoke.

“What we need to do is change the way in which people think about guns, especially young people, and make it something that’s not cool, that it’s not acceptable, it’s not hip to carry a gun anymore, in the way in which we’ve changed our attitudes about cigarettes. You know, when I was growing up, people smoked all the time. Both my parents did. But over time, we changed the way that people thought about smoking, so now we have people who cower outside of buildings and kind of smoke in private and don’t want to admit it.” Laughter followed.

kathy88
01-12-2013, 02:18 PM
NO people smoke outside because of the FUCKING laws against smoking inside.

Danke
01-12-2013, 02:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nM0asnCXD0

belian78
01-12-2013, 02:23 PM
NO people smoke outside because of the FUCKING laws against smoking inside.
But see, this is a crystal clear look at how they make these changes in society. "what we need to do is change the way in which people think about guns, particularly young people, and make it something that's not cool". So they target the children, and once a large part of that generation is seeing guns as 'uncool' then it's not such a punch in the gut to take away freedoms that were taken for granted just a generation prior.

MelissaWV
01-12-2013, 02:31 PM
IF that were really all there was to it, I'd agree.

You don't need laws to tell you not to smoke. You need evidence out there, available (which came out and was available) and you need free market solutions to help people quit if they want. Then you need venues to have the freedom to decide how much smoking will go on in their establishments. Then you do want societal pressure, but that should happen naturally to some extent once the information about smoking comes out. Mind you, in this fantasy land scenario, you would also know that it's really the prefab brand cigarettes that have the potential to do great harm, and that there are other things you can smoke which may harm you far less.

But that's not how it works.

KingRobbStark
01-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Says the cartels best friend.

Tpoints
01-12-2013, 02:56 PM
smokers are shameless though

coastie
01-12-2013, 02:59 PM
smokers are shameless though

:confused:How so?

Tpoints
01-12-2013, 03:01 PM
:confused:How so?

I've never met a smoker who is ashamed of what they do, but I'm sure there's some.

coastie
01-12-2013, 03:04 PM
I've never met a smoker who is ashamed of what they do, but I'm sure there's some.

Why should they be ashamed of "what they do"?

RonPaulFanInGA
01-12-2013, 03:05 PM
I've never met a smoker who is ashamed of what they do

I do not smoke or drink, but I don't believe people that do are obligated to be "ashamed" of it.

oyarde
01-12-2013, 03:14 PM
I can smoke while I shoot.I just roll it over to the left corner of my mouth.I am shameless and talented .

CaptUSA
01-12-2013, 03:14 PM
I smoked for 20 years. I was never ashamed.

Now that I no longer smoke, I can't believe I allowed myself to become addicted to a substance. I've never been addicted to shooting guns, but I sure as hell am addicted to having the ability and means to protect myself and my family. And he thinks I should be ashamed of that?! I couldn't be more proud!

I hope everyone here realizes what this is about, though. Look how smokers are treated. Any time a politician wants more money, smokers are an easy target. I suspect our AG would like gun-owners to be similar targets. All they have to do is make them a small enough minority, and then the majority can do whatever the hell they want to do to them. Kinda ironic for a man that is so proud of civil rights and all...:rolleyes:

thoughtomator
01-12-2013, 03:16 PM
I suppose lighting my cig with the smoking hot barrel of a just-fired firearm won't meet Mr. Holder's approval?

AFPVet
01-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Screw that, I'll open carry :) If more people stand up and do what's right, others will follow. In my state, we have a License to Carry Handgun. We can carry concealed or open. More and more people were open carrying for awhile in my state.

Original_Intent
01-12-2013, 04:10 PM
"what we need to do is change the way in which people think about statism, particularly young people, and make it something that's not cool".

winning! (I hope)

MelissaWV
01-12-2013, 04:35 PM

Those who started very early, then realized that it might affect those around them, but still did not stop.

My mom is ashamed that she smokes when her grandkids see her, or when we have to make a special trip to buy cigs, or when she is reminded of how much money cigs are costing her. I also ask her politely not to light up in the car with me, which I guess makes her feel ashamed even though I've explaind repeatedly it's just a request.

Tpoints
01-12-2013, 04:36 PM
I do not smoke or drink, but I don't believe people that do are obligated to be "ashamed" of it.

I didn't say you had to be anything, I just say they don't. Saying you can't fly doesn't mean I think you're obligated to fly.

Tpoints
01-12-2013, 04:37 PM

who said they should?

Dianne
01-12-2013, 04:39 PM
That coming from the man who armed all the entire Mexican drug cartels with AK47's and is personally responsible for each and every of the thousands of deaths his own "supplied" arms have caused in the Mexican drug wars?

Oh Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee .. What a joke that man is.

nobody's_hero
01-12-2013, 04:40 PM
Explicit Lyric warning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoD6YRzofZk

truelies
01-12-2013, 04:49 PM
Yeah lets get all the anti-gunners to put nice visible from the street 'GUN FREE HOME' signs on their front door. I personally Promise I will not embarass any of my signed neighbors by using my weapons to defend them from the criminal class.

DamianTV
01-12-2013, 05:02 PM
Just my opinion, but Eric Holder should 'Cower' in Shame like a bought and paid for Politician with a Bankster Agenda that got busted.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-12-2013, 05:37 PM
smoking and guns aren't the same thing. A gun isn't giving off a toxic cloud of smoke that can destroy my health.

Tpoints
01-12-2013, 05:45 PM
smoking and guns aren't the same thing. A gun isn't giving off a toxic cloud of smoke that can destroy my health.

Yeah, and nothing can kill you unless it can destroy your health.

Expatriate
01-12-2013, 05:52 PM
Eh..what?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/af/Eastwood_Good_Bad_and_the_Ugly.png