PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul ad in today's USA TODAY defective in every copy here in Vancouver

Marc Scott Emery
11-21-2007, 07:40 PM
I went to 4 locations in Vancouver, Canada today and the page with the Ron Paul ad IN EVERY COPY is very flawed with a paper defect running down the center of the ad. Did anyone buy a copy of USA TODAY with the ad NOT flawed by an ugly paper defect running straight down the middle? I bought three gibbled ads but could not buy a single issue with the ad printed on consistently flat paper. Its a single sheet inserted so I speculate that potentially thousands or tens of thousands are defective and the sponsor should be entitled to something of a credit or refund from USA TODAY. I love the ad but its very disturbingly ruined for me in these gibbled copies I saw everywhere in Vancouver today.

Marc Emery

daviddee
11-21-2007, 07:41 PM

Shellshock1918
11-21-2007, 07:42 PM
My copy was fine as well.

FreedomLover
11-21-2007, 07:42 PM
I'm not sure what it looks like...can you still read the ad?

Dorfsmith
11-21-2007, 07:43 PM
mine is perfect.

hopeforamerica
11-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Went to a Barnes & Nobel and looked at theirs....perfect. Also left it open on the table ;)

ClockwiseSpark
11-21-2007, 07:45 PM
No problems here.

Marc Scott Emery
11-21-2007, 07:46 PM
Thats great, I was really hoping that this batch that circulates Vancouver, about 1,000 come into the lower mainland here each day of USA TODAY, was a freak occurrence. As a publisher myself, I have cardiac arrest whenever any flawed copies of our publications is on the newsstands. Glad to hear everyone in the USA has a sharp copy. Its such a great ad and I made a poster with the jpeg thats circulating but I was alarmed about the paper flaw on the copies here.

Arklatex
11-21-2007, 07:48 PM
Looked good in Arkansas. Marc Emery, the prince, how are things going?

coastie
11-21-2007, 07:49 PM
HOLY SHIT.... :eek: The Mark Emery? Damn nice to "meet" you, sir!:D

Mandrik
11-21-2007, 08:13 PM

I doubt it's him. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Marc_Emery_02.jpg)

;)

Bruehound
11-21-2007, 08:31 PM
Suburban Chicago reporting in flawless.

I'm also a big fan Marc. Look forward to meeting you at the inaugaration. I would suspect the ink on your paperwork will be dry before dinner that glorious day.

Margo37
11-21-2007, 08:45 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[QUOTE]Quote:
Originally Posted by coastie
............ The Mark Emery? Damn nice to "meet" you, sir!

I doubt it's him.

Just click on his name for profile etc. :p

Elijah
11-21-2007, 08:48 PM

He was on Ron Paul Radio last night and I was AMAZED!!! Him and his wife even gave me a shoutout!! I was honored!

speciallyblend
11-21-2007, 08:51 PM
i missed it,did they archive it?

derdy
11-21-2007, 08:55 PM
The copy I picked up at 7-11 up the street from my house in Saint Peters, MO came out flawless :D

inibo
11-21-2007, 08:55 PM
It looked good in DC. Very, very good. :D

Mark
11-21-2007, 08:56 PM
Thats great, I was really hoping that this batch that circulates Vancouver, about 1,000 come into the lower mainland here each day of USA TODAY, was a freak occurrence. As a publisher myself, I have cardiac arrest whenever any flawed copies of our publications is on the newsstands. Glad to hear everyone in the USA has a sharp copy. Its such a great ad and I made a poster with the jpeg thats circulating but I was alarmed about the paper flaw on the copies here.

Hi Marc, Mark ~ RonPaul2008.com, from Myspace here.
( I sent you an updated link to the final copy earlier)

If this will help, here's a link to DL the final copy in .pdf format:

http://revmark.org/forumfiles/paul/USA_Today_final.pdf

Of course you can always contact the gentleman who purchased the ad as well:

llepard (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=239)

I know that he said that anyone is free to use it, however, for legal reasons,
any information regarding him must be removed before publishing ect.
-- Name, email ect.

I hope that leads you to your goal..
Blessings to you and yours,
peace..
Mark

Marc Scott Emery
11-21-2007, 10:45 PM
Looked good in Arkansas. Marc Emery, the prince, how are things going?

6 Reasons to Vote Ron Paul on the cover of the next Cannabis Culture Magazine that is out from mid January to mid March. See if we can fit all 6:

RON PAUL
Voted to Cancel the DEA
Voted to Get Rid of the Drug Czar
Wants to Respect state Med-Pot Laws
Sponsor of 2007 Industrial Hemp Act
Will repeal the Entire Federal War on Drugs
Will Pardon the Pot people

Plus I'm doing a show on Ron Paul radio, giving out sexy posters of Jodie (or, if a woman requests, myself) for donors to Ron Paul from now to december 16, signed & inscribed, and I have beautiful 3" x 5" Ron Paul cards, the nicest ones I've seen in this campaign, to give out to people who promise to distribute them! Give me your mailing address and I'll send 50 to 100 cards at no charge, at marc@cannabisculture.com

I have the jpegs you can print from if anyone wants these outstanding high-res front & back designs for your own 3" x 5" cards, just ask marc@cannabisculture.com

AMERICA'S MOST WANTED
WANTS YOU TO VOTE FOR RON PAUL!

To see why I am called America's Most Wanted, go to the nationally televised movie about me that was all over Canadian television in late October called PRINCE OF POT: US vs. Marc Emery, you can watch on www.youtube.com/princeofpot

Oh yeah, my Extradition Hearing is on January 21. Go here to read more
www.noextradition.net

Marc Scott Emery
11-21-2007, 10:47 PM
Is there a place for the members here that I can upload the two sides of my 3" x 5" RON PAUL card design to? its very nice and it should be used. The finish on the ones I made is beautiful. They gleam, these cards.

allyinoh
11-21-2007, 10:49 PM
Not to get off subject but if you are Canadian citizens, why would they want to extradite you to the USA? That just makes no sense to me. What idiots we have running this country!

I will help in any and every way possible, so thank you for the links.

Marc Scott Emery
11-21-2007, 10:50 PM
That lovely PDF, Mark, I have saved and I love the original. I'm going to make some glossy posters with it.

Myerz
11-21-2007, 10:51 PM
Ditto...Pleasure to meet you. :cool:

McDermit
11-21-2007, 10:55 PM
they're printed locally, not all in one place.

Ours were fine.

Mark
11-21-2007, 10:57 PM
Is there a place for the members here that I can upload the two sides of my 3" x 5" RON PAUL card design to? its very nice and it should be used. The finish on the ones I made is beautiful. They gleam, these cards.

I've got all kinds of space,

and, a brand new forum for developing multimedia projects.

I'm examining different software to include an official database
for ease of storage and usage.

http://revmark.org/pmf

if you have a way to send it to me.. here, email, myspace, the forum,
I'd be honored to host it friend

Say what? The word..

amonasro
11-21-2007, 10:58 PM
Not to get off subject but if you are Canadian citizens, why would they want to extradite you to the USA? That just makes no sense to me. What idiots we have running this country!

From what I understand it's been a battle for years and a VERY long story. I think if you looked on Google you could find some discussions about it in more detail.

Anyway Marc I really hope things work out in your favor as I've been following your case for some time... and nice to meet you :D

Mark
11-21-2007, 10:59 PM
That lovely PDF, Mark, I have saved and I love the original. I'm going to make some glossy posters with it.

It IS smokin' isn't it..

BeFranklin
11-21-2007, 11:18 PM
6 Reasons to Vote Ron Paul on the cover of the next Cannabis Culture Magazine that is out from mid January to mid March. See if we can fit all 6:

RON PAUL
Voted to Cancel the DEA
Voted to Get Rid of the Drug Czar
Wants to Respect state Med-Pot Laws
Sponsor of 2007 Industrial Hemp Act
Will repeal the Entire Federal War on Drugs
Will Pardon the Pot people

Plus I'm doing a show on Ron Paul radio, giving out sexy posters of Jodie (or, if a woman requests, myself) for donors to Ron Paul from now to december 16, signed & inscribed, and I have beautiful 3" x 5" Ron Paul cards, the nicest ones I've seen in this campaign, to give out to people who promise to distribute them! Give me your mailing address and I'll send 50 to 100 cards at no charge, at marc@cannabisculture.com

I have the jpegs you can print from if anyone wants these outstanding high-res front & back designs for your own 3" x 5" cards, just ask marc@cannabisculture.com

AMERICA'S MOST WANTED

To see why I am called America's Most Wanted, go to the nationally televised movie about me that was all over Canadian television in late October called PRINCE OF POT: US vs. Marc Emery, you can watch on www.youtube.com/princeofpot

www.noextradition.net

You should meet up with the coin guy, and show that a lot of these crime allegations are politically motivated.

Marc Scott Emery
11-21-2007, 11:26 PM

I will help in any and every way possible, so thank you for the links.

I humiliated the Drug Czar in person in November 2002 (see PRINCE OF POT movie for John Walter's meltdown when I unmercifully heckle him), I financed hundreds of US events & demonstrations, rallies, conferences, court challenges, ballot initiatives, class action suits against the US federal gov't, bail money, lawyer money, to up to $1.5 million to USA activists from 1995 to 2005. Thats in addition to the over $1,000,000 given to Canadian activists in the same thing, $250,000 to European, Australia, and New Zealand activists, all part of my worldwide strategy to OVERGROW THE US GOVERNMENT. I also contributed $250,000 to drug addiction clinic specializing in giving ibogaine hydrochloride to heavily addicted persons --- 65 people over a two year period. Sell seeds for big $ - give all money beyond paying suppliers to various unrelated activist groups, seed money for hundreds of mutinies as it were, and hope they prosper. Many have and are now famous (and very afraid to admit they took money from me because all my charitable and activist contributions are in fact being called 'money laundering'! by the Justice Dept.).

60 Minutes, Washington Post, New York Times, TIME, ECONOMIST, Australian Broadcasting Corp (ABC), the CBC movie PRINCE OF POT: US vs. Marc Emery all have found that I am completely transparent and not one media investigation has ever refuted anything I have claimed. I always get a clean bill of health. When I was on the front page of WALL STEET JOURNAL on DECEMBER 5, 1995 for my nascent seed business (it was only 12 months old then!), six editors were assigned to comb my background to ascertain that I had no criminal connections of any kind whatsoever. I remember Quentin Hardy, the writer then for WSJ, now a Forbes editor and Kudrow & company commentator (actually on the Kudrow show about the Ron Paul Liberty coins yesterday) calling me and saying " You're clean man. Teachers, neighbours, parents, we talked to them all." On Dec. 5, 1995, the only illustration on the front cover was my portait, and the title " POT SEED MERCHANT, WINKED AT BY POLICE, THRIVES IN CANADA. Hardy warned me that President Clinton and the Justice Dept. read the WSJ, so he confessed he was worried about what would happen, and sure enough, being only the 2nd Canadian to ever be featured on the profile on the front page of WSJ in its history, the huge media interest precipitated the first of many (six) raids on my businesses, the first of 22 arrests (for pot related offenses), the first of my 17 jailings for pot (I have been arrested for pot in 8 of 10 provinces) alone. From 1980 to 1990 I had also gone to jail for Sunday shopping laws, trying to break the Obscenity Laws (selling the Banned TWO LIVE CREW CD Nasty as They Wanna Be when it was banned across Canada in 1990) and tax revolts too numerous to recount here and lots of others. All wonderful civilly disobediant campaigns on principle, and nothing unsavory. The movie Prince of Pot, which I had no hand in the making, does a good brief job telling you how I've been an Ayn Rand acolyte since the autumn of 1979 when I read Capitalism, The Unkown Ideal by Ayn Rand and since then I devoted my life to free market Austrian economic principles and straight out personal liberty! I first heard of Ron Paul when I was to give my first speech as a Libertarian candidate in the 1980 (Canadian) election, and just before they pushed me out on stage to speak about individual freedom & principles of rational capitalism, I asked my converters Greg Utas and Richard Keyes (two 1979 candidates for the Libertarians, which is how I first got introduced to ideas of Ayn Rand, Rothbard, Bastiat, Mises, Hayek, et al) if there was anyone anywhere in elected office "that believe what we believe in" talking like the truly converted, and Greg Utas said " yes, theres this Texas Congressman who's libertarian but he runs as a Republican. His name is Ron Paul. Now go speak, its your turn..." and onto the stage I was cast!

I always declared all my income and paid $10,000 a month (in the 2001 to 2005 period) in personal income taxes saying on my tax form I was a Marijuana seed vendor, and to this day, they have never questioned my willingness to pay nor did I avoid or not pay the taxes. I face no charges in Canada nor have I ever been convicted of selling or growing marijuana or drugs of any kind. I have been convicted of selling seeds, bongs, promoting bongs, passing one joint (and I spent 67 days in the joint for that offense), giving away 1 gram of hash (to an idiotic American who kept in as a souvenir and got caught with it at the US border, actually said I gave it to him, which got me arrested, held in jail several days, banned from downtown Vancouver for 9 months, and the US Justice Dept. flew the guy up to Canada to testify against me, over. 6 grams of hash, worth $15!)

I would read more about Ron when I started getting my subscription to Reason in 1980. This is 15 years before REASON went online for the very young here.

StrikerV
11-21-2007, 11:35 PM
Ron Paul in 2008!!!!!

WOO HOOO keep donating and putting up signs everyone!

Marc Scott Emery
11-21-2007, 11:37 PM
You should meet up with the coin guy, and show that a lot of these crime allegations are politically motivated.

I'm hoping a .999 fine silver One Ounce coin can be struck early in the new year with Dr. Paul's portrait on the obverse with HOPE FOR AMERICA along the top and RON PAUL 2008 along the bottom with the

REVERSE is The Liberty Bell with One Ounce along the top and .999 Fine Silver on the bottom.

I hope it can be done for $25 each. Silver is $14.50 an ounce, plus stamping & rolling is $3 a coin, die making is $3 a coin, plus other mint costs ($2 a coin) and $3 a coin to advertise them = $25 or a little more to make.

I am betting if its a pretty medallion (you can't call them coins I guess) it will at least sell the 1,000 medallions I have minted. I would sure love to buy one as a souvenir of the greatest political campaign ever!

Mark
11-22-2007, 12:03 AM
I see where a lot of our tax dollars are going and being wasted.

That's just super!

For what it's worth,

my church teaches that hemp is a creation of God, and thus is okay.

We believe God when He said that ALL that He created is good.

Never fear,

there will be a LOT of surprised people regarding these types of issues
when they stand before God at their Judgment.

derdy
11-22-2007, 12:05 AM
AMERICA'S MOST WANTED

www.noextradition.net

Oh man! That was you! Mad respect!

Good luck on your hearing! Please keep us posted!

Mark
11-22-2007, 08:44 AM
I got the files for the card, and sent you my email.

If anyone wants to check 'em out:

Frontside: http://revmark.org/anon/RonPaulfrontcard.pdf

Backside: http://revmark.org/anon/RonPaulbackcard.pdf

nathanmn
11-22-2007, 10:41 AM
I humiliated the Drug Czar in person in November 2002 (see PRINCE OF POT movie for John Walter's meltdown when I unmercifully heckle him), I financed hundreds of US events & demonstrations, rallies, conferences, court challenges, ballot initiatives, class action suits against the US federal gov't, bail money, lawyer money, to up to $1.5 million to USA activists from 1995 to 2005. Thats in addition to the over $1,000,000 given to Canadian activists in the same thing, $250,000 to European, Australia, and New Zealand activists, all part of my worldwide strategy to OVERGROW THE US GOVERNMENT. I also contributed $250,000 to drug addiction clinic specializing in giving ibogaine hydrochloride to heavily addicted persons --- 65 people over a two year period. Sell seeds for big $ - give all money beyond paying suppliers to various unrelated activist groups, seed money for hundreds of mutinies as it were, and hope they prosper. Many have and are now famous (and very afraid to admit they took money from me because all my charitable and activist contributions are in fact being called 'money laundering'! by the Justice Dept.).

60 Minutes, Washington Post, New York Times, TIME, ECONOMIST, Australian Broadcasting Corp (ABC), the CBC movie PRINCE OF POT: US vs. Marc Emery all have found that I am completely transparent and not one media investigation has ever refuted anything I have claimed. I always get a clean bill of health. When I was on the front page of WALL STEET JOURNAL on DECEMBER 5, 1995 for my nascent seed business (it was only 12 months old then!), six editors were assigned to comb my background to ascertain that I had no criminal connections of any kind whatsoever. I remember Quentin Hardy, the writer then for WSJ, now a Forbes editor and Kudrow & company commentator (actually on the Kudrow show about the Ron Paul Liberty coins yesterday) calling me and saying " You're clean man. Teachers, neighbours, parents, we talked to them all." On Dec. 5, 1995, the only illustration on the front cover was my portait, and the title " POT SEED MERCHANT, WINKED AT BY POLICE, THRIVES IN CANADA. Hardy warned me that President Clinton and the Justice Dept. read the WSJ, so he confessed he was worried about what would happen, and sure enough, being only the 2nd Canadian to ever be featured on the profile on the front page of WSJ in its history, the huge media interest precipitated the first of many (six) raids on my businesses, the first of 22 arrests (for pot related offenses), the first of my 17 jailings for pot (I have been arrested for pot in 8 of 10 provinces) alone. From 1980 to 1990 I had also gone to jail for Sunday shopping laws, trying to break the Obscenity Laws (selling the Banned TWO LIVE CREW CD Nasty as They Wanna Be when it was banned across Canada in 1990) and tax revolts too numerous to recount here and lots of others. All wonderful civilly disobediant campaigns on principle, and nothing unsavory. The movie Prince of Pot, which I had no hand in the making, does a good brief job telling you how I've been an Ayn Rand acolyte since the autumn of 1979 when I read Capitalism, The Unkown Ideal by Ayn Rand and since then I devoted my life to free market Austrian economic principles and straight out personal liberty! I first heard of Ron Paul when I was to give my first speech as a Libertarian candidate in the 1980 (Canadian) election, and just before they pushed me out on stage to speak about individual freedom & principles of rational capitalism, I asked my converters Greg Utas and Richard Keyes (two 1979 candidates for the Libertarians, which is how I first got introduced to ideas of Ayn Rand, Rothbard, Bastiat, Mises, Hayek, et al) if there was anyone anywhere in elected office "that believe what we believe in" talking like the truly converted, and Greg Utas said " yes, theres this Texas Congressman who's libertarian but he runs as a Republican. His name is Ron Paul. Now go speak, its your turn..." and onto the stage I was cast!

I always declared all my income and paid $10,000 a month (in the 2001 to 2005 period) in personal income taxes saying on my tax form I was a Marijuana seed vendor, and to this day, they have never questioned my willingness to pay nor did I avoid or not pay the taxes. I face no charges in Canada nor have I ever been convicted of selling or growing marijuana or drugs of any kind. I have been convicted of selling seeds, bongs, promoting bongs, passing one joint (and I spent 67 days in the joint for that offense), giving away 1 gram of hash (to an idiotic American who kept in as a souvenir and got caught with it at the US border, actually said I gave it to him, which got me arrested, held in jail several days, banned from downtown Vancouver for 9 months, and the US Justice Dept. flew the guy up to Canada to testify against me, over. 6 grams of hash, worth $15!)

I would read more about Ron when I started getting my subscription to Reason in 1980. This is 15 years before REASON went online for the very young here.

Wow. You are a great man. Keep on fighting the good fight for liberty. There are a lot of people joining and getting active now!

Mandrik
11-22-2007, 11:02 AM
Marc, you are a true role model!

seapilot
11-22-2007, 11:54 AM
Every time Alaska votes on legalizing marijuana, the Drug Czar comes up from D.C. and goes all over telling us that it will destroy our society as we know it. All the money that funds the advertisments against legalization came from mostly 2 sources.

1. Federal government
2. Drug testing companies

The last initiative failed by 46% to 54%. Alaska has some of the highest Alcohol abuse in the country and its legal.

Mark
11-22-2007, 04:12 PM
Every time Alaska votes on legalizing marijuana, the Drug Czar comes up from D.C. and goes all over telling us that it will destroy our society as we know it. All the money that funds the advertisments against legalization came from mostly 2 sources.

1. Federal government
2. Drug testing companies

The last initiative failed by 46% to 54%. Alaska has some of the highest Alcohol abuse in the country and its legal.

Who are they still trying to fool?

Must be themselves, because the whole world is onto them.

jenninlouisiana
11-22-2007, 04:23 PM
Marc, Ron told the crowd, I think at the Philly Rally a few weeks ago, that he would use executive order to make cannabis legal. He said that in front of 5,000 people.

Does anyone know the specifics of this? This, obviously, is HUGE.

Bruehound
11-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Marc, can you tell us more about the posters of the most beautiful Jodie?

runderwo
11-22-2007, 08:17 PM
Marc, Ron told the crowd, I think at the Philly Rally a few weeks ago, that he would use executive order to make cannabis legal. He said that in front of 5,000 people.

Does anyone know the specifics of this? This, obviously, is HUGE.

It would be de facto legal when anyone who is convicted has their convictions overturned by executive order (presidential pardon). You can't use an executive order to change the law but you can use an executive order to nullify convictions.

runderwo
11-22-2007, 08:18 PM
Marc, I used some of your logos in the flyer we were passing around the past few months:

http://test.oknorml.org/ronpaul/ronpaul3.pdf

Hope it was what you intended ;)