PDA

View Full Version : Is the only thing safe to eat anymore celery??

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-11-2013, 11:58 PM
So I had a craving for hot coacoa, found some boxes in the cupboard. Who knows how long ago we got them, but they were still not past expiration. I check one brand's ingredients labels... sugar... blablabla... sucralose Ok, off with that one. Another one... sucralose Another one... sucralose And then finally an expired one, of the same brand, but no sucralose which would mean companies have recently been adding this shit to everything

Checked all the cereals in the house. sucralose. sucralose. sucralose. I can't deal with this shit anymore. Even flavored drinks are filled to the brim with sucralose. It's just as bad as aspartame in my book. Which reminds me... once while looking at the ingredients for store-packaged sushi, guess what was in the ingredient's list? Aspartame. What-the-fuck is aspartame doing in sushi? Some investigating led it to be in the piece of ginger that comes with it, which I don't eat anyway... but still didn't feel confident enough to actually purchase it.

Sucralose gives me headaches. My father complains of headaches every time he consumes something with sucralose in it, but he doesn't believe it's the sucralose.

I thought I was safe from sucralose and aspartame as long as I didn't eat diet foods. Is it really cheaper for companies to go through all the trouble of splicing and rearranging chemicals just to replicate the sweetness of sugar? ughh

XNavyNuke
01-12-2013, 08:25 AM
Great Scot! Don't eat celery. It can kill you.

Four killed by Texas celery (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1322666/Four-killed-celery-Texas-food-processing-plant-shut-poisoning-deaths.html)

XNN

Carehn
01-12-2013, 08:27 AM
are you kidding? celery will kill you!

Cleaner44
01-12-2013, 09:07 AM
Celery has no skin so the pesticides are absorbed directly into the vegetable. Celery is a vegetable that many people report as being able to actually ‘taste’ the pesticide residues. Considered to the fourth worst vegetable for absorbing pesticides, no amount of scrubbing will remove all the chemicals. Best to consume organic celery only.
http://www.greenmuze.com/nurture/organic/492-top-pesticide-foods-to-avoid.html

Celery grows for months and during this time it stays longer to the impact of pesticides. Unlike broccoli, which are covered with leaves, celery, has no such natural protection against the chemicals.
http://www.girlslovestyle.com/which-fruits-and-vegetables-absorb-most-pesticides/

MelissaWV
01-12-2013, 11:44 AM
^ This. You can stick a stalk of celery into colored water and come back to see exactly how good it is at absorbing stuff.

awake
01-12-2013, 12:24 PM
Celery could be not chewed correctly causing chocking and death.

pcosmar
01-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Safe??

What is? :confused:

it's not good for my rabbits. I like it.

Seriously. Define safe. Everything under the sun is unsafe. (sun is a bit hot too)
If everything is unsafe,, please define safe.

For me the definition is heaven,, but nothing this side of it.

TheNewYorker
01-12-2013, 01:24 PM
They put sugar in everything, to make it taste just that little bit better, to make you addicted to it and buy more.

aclove
01-12-2013, 01:35 PM
Either stop eating and starve to death, or consider the fact that you've lived this long eating whatever it is you're eating and stop freaking out every time you get hungry.

idiom
01-12-2013, 01:38 PM
They put sugar in everything, to make it taste just that little bit better, to make you addicted to it and buy more.

Its the lack of actual natural sugar that is the problem here. Its organic and reasonably healthy but the U.S. does not have a free market so its not in your food. Instead you have lab waste.

MelissaWV
01-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Safe??

it's not good for my rabbits. I like it.

Seriously. Define safe. Everything under the sun is unsafe. (sun is a bit hot too)

For me the definition is heaven,, but nothing this side of it.

Yeah everything IS unsafe :p I was merely pointing out that thinking celery (which is basically a bunch of straws that suck up whatever it's put in) is the safest food out there... is dumb.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3163/2773855869_bba61ca14b.jpg

belian78
01-12-2013, 01:40 PM
The SO and I are officially transitioning to the primitive diet, we decided a few weeks ago. We've already had a culture shock while looking over labels at the grocery store with the crap that's crammed into proccessed foods these days.

pcosmar
01-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Yeah everything IS unsafe :p I was merely pointing out that thinking celery (which is basically a bunch of straws that suck up whatever it's put in) is the safest food out there... is dumb.

:p

I haven't tried growing any yet. What happens if you put them in something good?

MelissaWV
01-12-2013, 01:50 PM
:p

I haven't tried growing any yet. What happens if you put them in something good?

They draw in nutrients and pure water :D Of course, same goes for a lot of other foods: they reflect what they are grown in, watered with, and fed.

specsaregood
01-12-2013, 01:54 PM
^ This. You can stick a stalk of celery into colored water and come back to see exactly how good it is at absorbing stuff.

Bloody Marias and Bloody Marys, the 2 best reasons to consume celery.

AGRP
01-12-2013, 01:55 PM
Your best bet is to order all of your food, orange tang, and water filters from Alex Jones.

cbrons
01-12-2013, 01:56 PM
Your best bet is to order all of your food, orange tang, and water filters from Alex Jones.

LOL

MelissaWV
01-12-2013, 01:57 PM

Will it make me as healthy and mentally fit as he is?

AGRP
01-12-2013, 02:07 PM
Will it make me as healthy and mentally fit as he is?

Alex is on the seefood diet. Just avoid the plastic bottles. Theyll make him sing show tunes.

pcosmar
01-12-2013, 02:58 PM
Safe??

Anyone ?

FriedChicken
01-12-2013, 03:22 PM
I'd say when it comes to food ...

Safe: will aid in health, healing and longer life.
Unsafe: will cause health problems, possible disease, poisonous contaminants and will lead to sickness and shorter life.

phill4paul
01-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Bloody Marias and Bloody Marys, the 2 best reasons to consume celery.

Use to do that but I've found something, I think, that is better. I had canned some beans (Bush beans in pod) last summer in vinegar, garlic and dill. Man, oh man. Good stuff right there, in a Bloody Mary.

presence
01-12-2013, 03:25 PM
You get past a lot of this when you feed yourself with
individually selected whole food ingredients
rather than buying boxed amalgums of proprietary ingredients.

When I want a cup of hot cocoa I add a bit of pure birch sugar (xylitol), local sorgum, and Rapunzel Organic Cocoa powder, to home made, organic, cali grown, brown rice milk.

AFPVet
01-12-2013, 04:13 PM
I don't buy celery from the store. I try to plant as much food as I can. ... oh, and save your heirloom seeds to use again :)

Danke
01-12-2013, 04:17 PM

Unsafe: will cause health problems, possible disease, poisonous contaminants and will lead to sickness and shorter life.

FriedChicken, safe or unsafe?

ClydeCoulter
01-12-2013, 04:29 PM

Free roaming chickens cooked in animal fat. Of course, the animal fat should come from grass fed animals that have not been given hormones and other shots.

edit: Possum grease, ummm, mmmm ............j/k

MelissaWV
01-12-2013, 04:31 PM

Many foods are both to some degree or another.

kathy88
01-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Use to do that but I've found something, I think, that is better. I had canned some beans (Bush beans in pod) last summer in vinegar, garlic and dill. Man, oh man. Good stuff right there, in a Bloody Mary.giant green olives.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Great Scot! Don't eat celery. It can kill you.

Four killed by Texas celery (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1322666/Four-killed-celery-Texas-food-processing-plant-shut-poisoning-deaths.html)

XNN
So it has come to this. The only solution is to stop eating.
I'm waiting for the farmer's markets to open up here. The amish bring in lots of good stuff. Love to see the ingredients list in their stuff. Like 5 ingredients in bread, compared to 50 at a grocery.

MelissaWV
01-12-2013, 05:10 PM
So it has come to this. The only solution is to stop eating.
I'm waiting for the farmer's markets to open up here. The amish bring in lots of good stuff. Love to see the ingredients list in their stuff. Like 5 ingredients in bread, compared to 50 at a grocery.

Yep. Dad wanted some rice noodles for a recipe (it's during the week, so no making them from scratch). He's learned to be patient. I went through the ten varieties of rice noodles they had at the grocery store, and finally found one with three ingredients. It only takes 2-3 to make them. The others had at least a dozen ingredients ... sometimes more :(

Keith and stuff
01-12-2013, 05:41 PM
The only safe food is isagenix organic protein powder by Doug Wead and Matt Collins.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc4IrilmUP8

FriedChicken
01-12-2013, 11:50 PM

lol.
Fried is not the best way to eat chicken and will lead to more health risks than benefits.

my sn is a lame inside joke from 15 years ago that became my internet identification - though I do love me some fried chicken from time to time.