PDA

View Full Version : No gun magazine charges for David Gregory

shane77m
01-11-2013, 05:41 PM
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/no-gun-magazine-charges-for-david-gregory-86079.html

NBC’s David Gregory is off the hook for showing a high-capacity gun magazine on “Meet the Press” and will not be prosecuted, D.C.’s attorney general announced on Friday.

D.C. attorney general Irvin Nathan on Friday said he would decline to prosecute in the case involving the Sunday show host and any NBC staffers. In a letter to NBC’s attorney Lee Levine, Nathan wrote that after reviewing the matter, his office “has determined to exercise its prosecutorial discretion to decline to bring criminal charges against Mr. Gregory, who has no criminal record, or any other NBC employee based on the events associated” with the broadcast.

The office made its decision “despite the clarity of the violation of this important law, because under all of the circumstances here a prosecution would not promote public safety in the District of Columbia nor serve the best interests of the people of the District to whom this office owes its trust.”

Nathan noted that his office’s decision in this case was also influenced by “our recognition that the intent of the temporary possession and short display of the magazine was to promote the First Amendment purpose of informing an ongoing public debate about firearms policy in the United States.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/no-gun-magazine-charges-for-david-gregory-86079.html#ixzz2HiIBFPhc

It should read something to the effect of "David Gregory was exercising his 2nd Amendment right and we will not prosecute him."

TheTexan
01-11-2013, 05:47 PM
I'm happy for the hypocrite. Good for him. Now if only he'd just shut the fuck up.

shane77m
01-11-2013, 05:50 PM
If it had been one of us you can guarantee that you would be under the jail right now.

Anti Federalist
01-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Nathan noted that his office’s decision in this case was also influenced by “our recognition that the intent of the temporary possession and short display of the magazine was to promote the First Amendment purpose of informing an ongoing public debate about firearms policy in the United States.”

So you're not gonna prosecute a clear felony violation because he was exercising his First Amendment rights, in order to take away Second Amendment rights.

Good heavens, I think my head exploded.

Anti Federalist
01-11-2013, 07:56 PM

So you're not gonna prosecute a clear felony violation because he was exercising his First Amendment rights, in order to take away Second Amendment rights.

Cody1
01-11-2013, 08:28 PM
Oh for fucks sake!

We all knew this would happen though. Our masters have spoken.

phill4paul
01-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Nathan wrote that after reviewing the matter, his office “has determined to exercise its prosecutorial discretion to decline to bring criminal charges against Mr. Gregory

Whatever happened to "We don't make the laws we just enforce them. Don't like it then change the laws."?

pacodever
01-11-2013, 08:46 PM
"... because under all of the circumstances here a prosecution would not promote public safety in the District of Columbia nor serve the best interests of the people of the District to whom this office owes its trust.”

If this was actually the standard, there would be a LOT less people in jail in D.C... but it is not. They pull that card just for the elite.

ghengis86
01-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Hahahahaha!!!

Did any of you really expect them to prosecute their own mouthpiece? Seriously, show of hands who thought Gregory was going to get into any trouble.

....crickets.....

That's right. This was just an exercise in showing you who's boss. Have you ever seen lion play with its prey...right before it eats the gazelle?

TonySutton
01-11-2013, 08:55 PM
If I were on the jury I would exercise nullification.

Occam's Banana
01-11-2013, 08:55 PM
So, I guess this means that if I go on video and wave around a baggie full of cocaine while talking about how dangerous it is, I'm in the clear.

Oh, wait, I forgot. I would also have to be a boot-licking lackey of and apologist for the State, too.

Damn.

The office made its decision “despite the clarity of the violation of this important law, because under all of the circumstances here a prosecution would not promote public safety in the District of Columbia nor serve the best interests of the people of the District to whom this office owes its trust.”

Translation: Mr. Gregory's felonious possession of an illicit object was pursuant to his duties as a mouthpiece for the Establishment. Our prosecutorial endeavors are reserved exclusively for those who are not a part of (or do not serve the purposes of) the Establishment. Despite clear and incontrovertible evidence that Mr. Gregory violated one or more of the laws which we are sworn to uphold, it is nevertheless our prerogative to ... oh, to hell with it. We say so and fuck you, that's why!

Beat me to it. +rep

tod evans
01-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Elitist class

Ruling class

Propaganda arm of the ruling class

Enforcer class

Mundane(citizen)...

Got it?

Anti Federalist
01-11-2013, 10:29 PM
Whatever happened to "We don't make the laws we just enforce them. Don't like it then change the laws."?

"FUCK YOU!

That's what happened, Mundane.

Now, shut the fuck up and move along, before I thump your head for you." - Officer Friendly.

Danke
01-11-2013, 10:41 PM
"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others".

AFPVet
01-11-2013, 10:54 PM
Something is seriously wrong when people use the 1st Amendment to attack the 2nd. You won't have a 1st without the 2nd. If someone wants a plasma rifle, they should be able to have one! If this douchbag wants to show a 30 rnd mag on television, he should be allowed to do so... even though the premise is against the 2nd.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-11-2013, 11:31 PM
was the magazine empty?

ghengis86
01-11-2013, 11:36 PM
was the magazine empty?

That and his head

Philhelm
01-11-2013, 11:48 PM
So does this mean that simple possession of a 30-round magazine isn't grounds for conviction of a felony? No? That's what I thought. Fuck you, that's why.

XNavyNuke
01-12-2013, 08:37 AM
Something is seriously wrong when people use the 1st Amendment to attack the 2nd. You won't have a 1st without the 2nd. If someone wants a plasma rifle, they should be able to have one! If this douchbag wants to show a 30 rnd mag on television, he should be allowed to do so... even though the premise is against the 2nd.

PHASED PLASMA RIFLE - 40 WATT RANGE
$19,497.47 (https://www.exilemachine.net/shop/phased-plasma-rifle-40-watt-range-46288.html)

https://www.exilemachine.net/shop/images/exm1/NU250px-Gun_Shop_Owner.jpg

Just what you see, pal.

Philhelm
01-12-2013, 10:53 AM
PHASED PLASMA RIFLE - 40 WATT RANGE
$19,497.47 (https://www.exilemachine.net/shop/phased-plasma-rifle-40-watt-range-46288.html)

https://www.exilemachine.net/shop/images/exm1/NU250px-Gun_Shop_Owner.jpg

Just what you see, pal.

Ooozi nahn millimeetah...