PDA

View Full Version : Patriot has CCW revoked for speaking blunt truth

TheTexan
01-11-2013, 05:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y9sMv9mcdc4

I’m not letting my country be killed by a dictator, I’m not letting anybody take my guns. If it goes one inch further, I’m gonna start killing people.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/20566009/dept-of-safety-suspends-handgun-permit-of-local-man-after-gun-control-rage-video

NASHVILLE, Tenn.- Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security has suspended the handgun carry permit of a local man who threatened to "start killing people" to protect his Second Amendment right.

In a statement released Friday officials said they had suspended the handgun carry permit of James Yeager, CEO of Tactical Response based on "material likelihood of risk of harm to the public".

On Thursday, a video of Yeager angrily claiming he would "start killing people" if President Barack Obama moved forward with gun control measures began to go viral on the internet.

"The number one priority for our department is to ensure the public's safety. Mr. Yeager's comments were irresponsible, dangerous, and deserved our immediate attention. Due to our concern, as well as that of law enforcement, his handgun permit was suspended immediately. We have notified Mr. Yeager about the suspension today via e-mail. He will receive an official notification of his suspension through the mail," Commissioner Bill Gibbons said.

Yeager, CEO of Tactical Response, a company that offers training to civilians in weapons and tactical skills, has multiple certifications with several different types of weapons. Officials with the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security were explicit in stating that the Yeager was not a Department of Safety and Homeland Security certified instructor, nor is his school department certified.

According to officials Yeager can seek a review of the department's decision in the general sessions court.

h/t ttag (http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/01/daniel-zimmerman/breaking-james-yeagers-ccw-license-revoked-david-gregory-walks/#more-187733)

Tod
01-11-2013, 05:34 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?401079-James-Yeager-s-gun-carry-permit-suspended-by-TN

torchbearer
01-11-2013, 05:44 PM
I don't think they want to fuck with this dude.

thoughtomator
01-11-2013, 05:47 PM
Looks like someone is trying to call his bluff.

pcosmar
01-11-2013, 05:49 PM
"They" have been attempting disarmament since the 1930s (and even before).

They will keep pushing for it. They cannot impose total control till Americans are disarmed.

There will be war,, whoever prevails will decide.

Matt Collins
01-11-2013, 05:52 PM
This man has been convicted of no crime that I know of but yet the government has suspended his permit. Let this be an example as to why one should not first ask permission to keep and bear arms.

Logic follows that if you have to ask permission, then it's a privilege, and not a right. Privileges can be revoked at any time for any reason as this case demonstrates.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-11-2013, 05:57 PM
I don't think they want to fuck with this dude.

They've made it clear that they do.

torchbearer
01-11-2013, 05:57 PM
If he was in Louisiana, he wouldn't need the permit at all.

tod evans
01-11-2013, 06:02 PM
Bishop to queen four........

AuH20
01-11-2013, 06:33 PM
Hes's going to be on the Ed Schultz Show in about 25 mins. Tune in.

torchbearer
01-11-2013, 06:35 PM
Hes's going to be on the Ed Schultz Show in about 25 mins. Tune in. I'll wait for a tube.

dannno
01-11-2013, 06:37 PM
I'll wait for a tube.

Good call.

ZENemy
01-11-2013, 06:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Eeh5EZTOk

Philosophy_of_Politics
01-11-2013, 06:48 PM
The man is right. He is morally and legally allowed to kill anyone who attempts to take his guns. Why? Guns are Private Property. Gun grabbers and gun control advocates, support using government force, fraud, or coercion, in order to take private property, infringe on his rights, and freedoms. Thus, the threats were not of murder. The threats were a warning to those who attempt to take away his rights, property, or freedom. Thus, it's an act of self-defense.

The gun control advocates are publicly threatening gun owners with confiscation of personal (private) property. Thus, this man (James Yeager), is morally and legally justified to use such statements. It's an act of self-defense.

Matt Collins
01-11-2013, 07:10 PM
He shouldn't have said "if this goes one inch further I'm gonna start killing people" poor choice of words, and I think he recognizes that after the fact.

Still shouldn't have had his permit pulled though.

Joey Fuller
01-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Tennessee seems to be eroding into a Police state

dillo
01-11-2013, 09:24 PM
You don't need a permit to walk around with a rifle in my state

paulbot24
01-11-2013, 09:34 PM
He should move himself and his organization to a gun-friendlier state like Arizona, where we don't even need CCW permits. Then explain to the public why he moved so they understand the concept of state sovereignty. It would be an excellent lesson to remind the people that states can and should have the right to enforce their own laws. We also have the right to move to a different state if we prefer another state's laws. Either way, what we don't need are overreaching federal laws suffocating us with their one size fits all "solutions" which always just make the situation worse. Ron Paul says it best, "Central planning fails every time."

Occam's Banana
01-11-2013, 09:39 PM
He was very unwise to have phrased it the way he did ("I'm gonna start killing people.") He should have said "I'm gonna use force to defend myself and my rights ..." or some such thing.

It is clear that this is how he meant it. It is also clear that the jackholes at TN DSHS aren't doing this because they give a shit about what he said.

To the extent they did take it seriously, it sure as hell wasn't because of "material likelihood of risk of harm to the public."

They know perfectly well that it wasn't the PUBLIC that Yeager was talking about.

They're just exploiting a PR opportunity. That, and examples must be made ...

jkr
01-11-2013, 09:44 PM
time to move...FUCK Tennessee

tod evans
01-12-2013, 06:25 AM
He shouldn't have said "if this goes one inch further I'm gonna start killing people" poor choice of words,

And as they've shown speaking your mind has consequences.............................Like it!

JK/SEA
01-12-2013, 08:42 AM
he said it..... he backtracked.....nonetheless, he has the balls to be the first to officially draw the line. It is now out in the open.

Molon Labe.

jclay2
01-12-2013, 08:52 AM
he said it..... he backtracked.....nonetheless, he has the balls to be the first to officially draw the line. It is now out in the open.

Molon Labe.

In an interview with the local news after the video was released, yeager said that he will kill anyone who comes to take his guns away.

PaulConventionWV
01-12-2013, 09:09 AM
The man is right. He is morally and legally allowed to kill anyone who attempts to take his guns. Why? Guns are Private Property. Gun grabbers and gun control advocates, support using government force, fraud, or coercion, in order to take private property, infringe on his rights, and freedoms. Thus, the threats were not of murder. The threats were a warning to those who attempt to take away his rights, property, or freedom. Thus, it's an act of self-defense.

The gun control advocates are publicly threatening gun owners with confiscation of personal (private) property. Thus, this man (James Yeager), is morally and legally justified to use such statements. It's an act of self-defense.

He said, "If this goes one inch further, I'm gonna start killing people". That is not a vow of self-defense. That is a vow to kill people if Congress passes stricture gun control measures. It doesn't mean people will be coming to take his guns. I think he had the right to utter those words, but I don't think it was very wise, and I think he now realizes that. The way it was said, it sounded like a threat. He didn't say he would kill people who tried to take his guns, he just said he would kill "people" if it goes "one inch further"... not a very wise thing to say.

Cleaner44
01-12-2013, 09:27 AM
This is what happens when the government issues PERMITS and treats bearing arms as a PRIVILEGE instead of a RIGHT.

We have a right to bear arms regardless of what Obama and his fraudulent Executive Orders may say.

Trash the government letter and carry on.

JK/SEA
01-12-2013, 09:31 AM
i believe most anyone with any knowledge of the Constitution knew what he meant, but yeah, could've been worded better so the gun grabbers wouldn't pucker their bung holes.

tod evans
01-12-2013, 09:35 AM
And people right here defend the actions of the state because this dude had the audacity to speak out, I can only imagine the cheer-leading that would take place when the state swats down folks who act out...