PDA

View Full Version : Statement Regarding RonPaul.com

sailingaway
01-11-2013, 12:50 PM
http://www.ronpaul.com/2013-01-11/statement-regarding-ronpaul-com/

so let's see where this goes.

tsai3904
01-11-2013, 12:54 PM
As we haven’t heard from Ron Paul or his staff for several years we do not know if there is any tangible interest in utilizing RonPaul.com for Ron Paul’s new projects.

That's interesting. I would think they would have at least tried contacting him once when they were looking to set up Ron's new website.

green73
01-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Good on them.

itshappening
01-11-2013, 01:05 PM
Yes good on them... the major concern though is the incompetent staff.

Can't Lew Rockwell and Mises institute get involved? They're a professional organization with competent staff who can manage these things.

sailingaway
01-11-2013, 01:18 PM
RonPaulsHomepage is now for sale, it says 'to members of the liberty movement - ONLY' http://ronpaulshomepage.com/

I still say Ron needs to hire one/some of his more web savvy supporters to key roles. Of all people who shouldn't have that sort of gap...

AdamT
01-11-2013, 01:24 PM
RonPaulsHomepage is now for sale, it says 'to members of the liberty movement - ONLY' http://ronpaulshomepage.com/

That is such a terrible name. He really should have RonPaul.com. Anything else is just dumb.

sailingaway
01-11-2013, 01:27 PM
That is such a terrible name. He really should have RonPaul.com. Anything else is just dumb.

on Dp people are assuming the fact that it is for sale means he is negotiating or has ronpaul.com At least I suspect it means he has better than RonPaulsHomepage.com But I still want that in friendly hands... a pseudo liberty person could do damage self endorsing. But you can't control everything.

sailingaway
01-11-2013, 01:38 PM
He needs people who have a clue about the internet in his brainstorming schedules, not just to use them for discrete tasks. The universe of available exploitation won't be tapped by those who don't understand how it works.

And I know I don't, I'm just amazed by people here all the time, and Ron needs that access.

eleganz
01-11-2013, 02:55 PM
I knew these guys would do the right thing. How can they not? All they need to know is the truth and do the right thing accordingly. It think it would be great if they handled ron's personal online affars. Their design isn't great but thats what contract work is for.

dannno
01-11-2013, 03:15 PM
I would recommend the company who did Rand's senate website and rp's 2012 website but I'm sure they are being considered.

They have supporters among their ranks.

jmdrake
01-11-2013, 03:19 PM
So to everyone saying "Why doesn't that guy who owns RonPaul.com be a true patriot and turn over the domain name to Ron Paul."

http://newauthors.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/baby-foot-in-mouth-200px.jpg

jmdrake
01-11-2013, 03:19 PM
So to everyone saying "Why doesn't that guy who owns RonPaul.com be a true patriot and turn over the domain name to Ron Paul."

jmdrake
01-11-2013, 03:23 PM
I would recommend the company who did Rand's senate website and rp's 2012 website but I'm sure they are being considered.

They have supporters among their ranks.

Or how about (gasp) the guy running ronpaul.com? He's got a good site up and is clearly more dedicated than whoever let RonPaul.com and other sites expire in the first place. Ron Paul owning his own domain = Ron Paul turning control of it over to someone incompetent. Sorry...shoot me later for telling the truth. And I'm not saying I would have done any better. I probably would have screwed it up too. But the owner of ronpaul.com got it right. The best case scenario is this guy sets it up as a content management system where Ron Paul can blog there and do some kind of lease contract.

jmdrake
01-11-2013, 03:23 PM
http://www.ronpaul.com/2013-01-11/statement-regarding-ronpaul-com/

so let's see where this goes.

+rep for sharing this information.

sailingaway
01-11-2013, 03:24 PM
Many of us have suggested he hire the guy who runs RonPaul.com

He sure needs someone.

Confederate
01-11-2013, 03:25 PM

Actually the post they made says nothing about turning it over to Ron Paul. It just says that they've prepared a cordial message for him. The message could be "we understand you want it, but we've invested so much time and money on it that we're going to keep it."

jmdrake
01-11-2013, 03:27 PM
Actually the post they made says nothing about turning it over to Ron Paul. It just says that they've prepared a cordial message for him. The message could be "we understand you want it, but we've invested so much time and money on it that we're going to keep it."

I've seen all kinds of posts on the subject. I won't wade through them all just to prove it to you if you can't take my word for it, but I have heard people say thinks like "Ron Paul could sue him for cybersquatting" or "If this guy was a patriot he would have given this to Ron Paul already".

sailingaway
01-11-2013, 03:30 PM

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Or it may be an offer, as in 'we put a lot into it and we are sure you understand it but if you were willing to pay X we would transition to Y site...[or for free if you kept a link to our new page up as an ad for the first month so long as we did nothing deletorious to your image on it]' whatever. I didn't say they owed it to Ron, it is the .org site I had issues about. I'd LIKE Ron to have RonPaul.com though.

acptulsa
01-11-2013, 03:57 PM
Many of us have suggested he hire the guy who runs RonPaul.com

He sure needs someone.

The talent on this board that he has left fallow--and the type character he has hired--boggles the mind.

Rudeman
01-11-2013, 04:01 PM

I bought up www.ronpaul.co and www.realronpaul.com and I'm willing to give either/both to Ron Paul (free) or the people running his website if they want them. Currently I have both redirecting to C4L and will redirect them to whatever ends up being Ron's new site. I feel both are much better domains than ronpaulshomepage.com and would provide a good option if he can't get ronpaul.com.

sailingaway
01-11-2013, 04:04 PM
I bought up www.ronpaul.co and www.realronpaul.com and I'm willing to give either/both to Ron Paul (free) or the people running his website if they want them. Currently I have both redirecting to C4L and will redirect them to whatever ends up being Ron's new site. I feel both are much better domains than ronpaulshomepage.com and would provide a good option if he can't get ronpaul.com.

And we thank you for that. I do, at least. 'realronpaul' mimics the twitter verification of the 'true' account.

sailingaway
01-11-2013, 04:11 PM

I posted that here, where a guy said he knew how to get in touch with Ron. I am very NON tech savvy and am not explaining well why he should keep ronpaul2012 for 10 years though. Maybe someone here could coach me what to say? Or post if you have an account?

http://www.dailypaul.com/269754/statement-regarding-ownership-of-ronpaulcom

itshappening
01-11-2013, 04:12 PM
I would only turn it over to Lew Rockwell or the Mises Institute.

That is the only way to preserve it forever.

Maybe C4L too.

I would not turn it over to RP's staff who are incompetent and have let stuff expire before and I'm grateful to this patriot for buying it and preserving it.

angelatc
01-11-2013, 04:26 PM

Sure, but he ought to hire the guys who are running it now. Everybody wants the same thing here - this deal should not be terribly hard to broker.

angelatc
01-11-2013, 04:27 PM
I would only turn it over to Lew Rockwell or the Mises Institute.

That is the only way to preserve it forever.

Maybe C4L too.

I would not turn it over to RP's staff who are incompetent and have let stuff expire before and I'm grateful to this patriot for buying it and preserving it.

It looks to me like C4L is the group that allowed RonPaul.org to expire.

ClydeCoulter
01-11-2013, 04:33 PM
Didn't someone post in one of the threads about this subject, just the other day, that ronpaulshomepage.com was available? That would mean that it was purchased since that time, if so. And I believe that I even clicked on the provided link in the post and it was still for sale at that time.

edit: And, it's probably a good thing some supporter did grab it.

Lucille
01-11-2013, 04:45 PM
As many Ron Paul supporters and most RonPaulForums/DailyPaul members know, over the past few years we acquired various domain names that were either passed up or allowed to expire by Ron Paul’s staff (including RonPaul.com, RonPaul2008.com, RonPaul2010.com, RonPaul.net, RonPaul.org, RonPaul.info and several others) to make sure they would not fall into enemy hands.

Much appreciated!

JJ2
01-11-2013, 05:13 PM
If you do a WHOIS lookup you will see that Ron Paul does not own RonPaulsHomePage.com, and that it was registered the day of his Alex Jones interview: http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/Ronpaulshomepage.com

Either he leaked the info too early (not realizing it hadn't been purchased yet), or (probably more likely) he simply had the name wrong.

AdamT
01-11-2013, 07:49 PM
If you do a WHOIS lookup you will see that Ron Paul does not own RonPaulsHomePage.com, and that it was registered the day of his Alex Jones interview: http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/Ronpaulshomepage.com

Either he leaked the info too early (not realizing it hadn't been purchased yet), or (probably more likely) he simply had the name wrong.

After I posted this someone snatched it up http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?400842-Ron-Paul-wants-to-have-RonPaul.com.....BAD-IDEA&p=4814800#post4814800

sailingaway
01-11-2013, 07:53 PM
After I posted this someone snatched it up http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?400842-Ron-Paul-wants-to-have-RonPaul.com.....BAD-IDEA&p=4814800#post4814800

yeah, I went there trying to buy it to give to him or just hold, and it was gone.

fr33
01-11-2013, 11:42 PM
I've seen all kinds of posts on the subject. I won't wade through them all just to prove it to you if you can't take my word for it, but I have heard people say thinks like "Ron Paul could sue him for cybersquatting" or "If this guy was a patriot he would have given this to Ron Paul already".Just re-read it and literally nobody said either of those things. Your picture applies to you.

Matt Collins
01-12-2013, 12:59 AM
Yes good on them... the major concern though is the incompetent staff.Yeah you don't know what you are talking about obviously. :rolleyes:

itshappening
01-12-2013, 01:01 AM
Yeah you don't know what you are talking about obviously. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah I don't.

The same staff that lost Iowa voter lists in 2007 and let RonPaul.org & ronpaul2008.com expire...

You think they can be trusted?

fr33
01-12-2013, 01:26 AM
Yeah you don't know what you are talking about obviously. :rolleyes:There's no denying someone incompetent let domains get bought by others and let existing ones expire. It's pathetic. When some rabble like myself says I could do better, you know you're dealing with incompetency.

Matt Collins
01-12-2013, 11:00 AM
Oh yeah I don't.

The same staff that lost Iowa voter lists in 2007 and let RonPaul.org & ronpaul2008.com expire...

You think they can be trusted?I don't think it's the same staff.

Matt Collins
01-12-2013, 11:00 AM
I doubt the honesty of the owners of that site.