PDA

View Full Version : Fake Conservative to Keynote CPAC

itshappening
01-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) will be the keynote speaker at the 2013 Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), a regular stopping point for presidential aspirants over the years.

"We are pleased to announce that Congressman Paul Ryan will be a featured speaker at CPAC 2013," American Conservative Union Chairman Al Cardenas said in a statement. "From the day he was elected, Chairman Ryan has been a strong voice in Congress for pro-growth, free-market economic policies and has always been a CPAC favorite."

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/276673-paul-ryan-to-keynote-conservative-political-action-conference#ixzz2HgikLGK3

-

Paul Ryan has voted to raise the debt ceiling 5 times, Bush's stimulus spending ,voted for TARP, auto industry bailout, No Child Left Behind, Medicare Part D and numerous others.

Yet he's considered a conservative?

Politico calls him a Big Spending conservative (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0812/79688.html)

sailingaway
01-11-2013, 11:20 AM
I know Ron was asked to speak, I wonder if he is going to? He hasn't announced it. I wouldn't begrudge his deciding not to if his speaking circuit gig prevents it, but I'd love to see him there.

kathy88
01-11-2013, 11:22 AM
I was going to go. Probably won't now.

CaptUSA
01-11-2013, 11:31 AM
I was going to go. Probably won't now.It might be even more important now.

I still maintain my original strategy that we don't want to denigrate these types of politicians yet. Allow them their moment in the sun, but introduce Rand into the conversation as viable and acceptable. When he starts winning caucuses and primaries, they'll all jump on board. The others will have some serious questions to answer when the time comes.

For now, we want people that like the Ryans, Rubios, Bushs, and Christies to like Paul as well. Not instead of them, but as well as them.

erowe1
01-11-2013, 11:38 AM
The sad thing is, Ryan will wow the crowd there. If anything in his record is questionable, they'll forgive that because of whatever he pretends to think in this speech.

itshappening
01-11-2013, 11:39 AM
I can just imagine the gushing praise and front page headlines

CONSERVATIVE OF THE YEAR!

sailingaway
01-11-2013, 11:42 AM
The sad thing is, Ryan will wow the crowd there. If anything in his record is questionable, they'll forgive that because of whatever he pretends to think in this speech.

That's pretty much our problem in a nutshell. those willing to lie about what they are, and those willing to accept it at face value.

But the last keynote I remember was Beck, and the one before that was Limbaugh, so I don't know that anyone should have expected better. They seem to have two strings in their bow, an 'insider but cool' meme string - Ryan (they wish) and a faux 'outsider-conservative' string - Rubio. And those still TV addicted lap it up, it seems. Very disheartening.

Uriah
01-11-2013, 12:05 PM
Isn't the event a fundraiser? Makes sense. Host the big names and money follows.