PDA

View Full Version : Judge rules no 1st amendment protection against "mark of the beast"

jmdrake
01-11-2013, 04:05 AM
Let's see. So you have first amendment protection against being forced to wear shorts in PE because showing your legs violates your religion, but if you sincerely believe RFID chips are the mark of the beast and you don't want to wear a badge that contains one or a badge that looks like the badges that contain one then you have no 1st amendment protection? I see this one going to the Supreme Court. But I'm not holding my breath for a favorable outcome. :( And for those who aren't Christian or religious or don't believe tracker chips have any bearing on the mark of the beast, that's besides the point. Kids shouldn't be tracked like this at all. Nobody should unless they are under some sort of house arrest, and even then I'm not sure I agree with it. If more parents would stand up and say "We will not comply" that would be the end of this. Sadly most Christian churches are not preparing their flocks to resist tyranny when it comes. Many are too obsessed with what's happening in Israel to give a flip about what happens here. Others just concern themselves about making people "feel good".

http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/judge-finally-rules-on-mark-of-the-beast/

Judge finally rules on 'Mark of the Beast'
'This is simply not permissible under our constitutional scheme'
Published: 2 days ago
author-image by Bob Unruh Email | Archive
rss feed Subscribe to feed
Bob Unruh joined WND in 2006 after nearly three decades with the Associated Press, as well as several Upper Midwest newspapers, where he covered everything from legislative battles and sports to tornadoes and homicidal survivalists. He is also a photographer whose scenic work has been used commercially.More ↓

Printer Friendly
Text smaller
Text bigger

Ads by Google

Free Online Legal FormsFor business, family, estate and more. Create your own. Free. www.LawDepot.com

computerchip

A federal judge in Texas has issued a ruling that a student’s religious objections to wearing a badge from a school ID program that utilizes radio chips to identify students and faculty and monitor their movements are secular, and therefore, not a concern to the school or court.

“Plaintiff’s objection to wearing the Smart ID badge without a chip is clearly a secular choice, rather than a religious choice,” wrote U.S. District Judge Orlando Garcia in a case brought by the Rutherford Institute on behalf of student Andrea Hernandez, who has been attending John Jay High School in the Northside Independent School District in San Antonio.
Ads by Google

Prostate Cancer TreatmentGroundbreaking Protocol in Atlanta Survival Data on Over 14,000 Men www.ProstRcision.com
Repeal Obamacare?Should Congress Repeal Obama's Policies? Vote Here Now. www.newsmax.com/surveys

“The accommodation offered by the district … removes plaintiffs religious objection from legal scrutiny all together.”

The court record shows that the Hernandez family “felt the chip in the badge was ‘the mark of the beast’ and had a religious objection to the ‘tracking’ of his daughter. Mr. Hernandez also believed that the card prohibited his daughters’ ‘rights’ as a student,” the judge wrote.

The family also objected to a deception suggested by the school, that Andrea would wear a badge like other students, but without a chip, because that would make it appear the family was part of the chip ID program.

See the real strategy behind RFID chips, and what marketers, criminals and the government could learn, in “Spychips.”

“Predicated on our religious belief we cannot allow it to even appear that we support the program, Revelation 13:16, 17, ‘He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and sllve, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.’”

That was the family’s response.

“If we allow her to take the mark, in this case the [shell] badge it will appear that she is supporting wearing the mark and now she can participate in the economy of the school.”

The judge ordered the student to tell the district “prior to the end of the current semester” “whether she intends to accept the accommodation being offered and wear the Smart ID badge without a chip.”

He said, “If plaintiff refuses to wear the uniform badge issued to all students at Jay High School, even without a chip, the district may exercise its discretion and transfer plaintiff back to her home campus, where she can wear her old student ID badge,” the judge said.

Rutherford attorneys say they will appeal immediately, because of the violations of the First and Fourteenth Amendments.

“The Supreme Court has made clear that government officials may not scrutinize or question the validity of an individual’s religious beliefs,” said John Whitehead, chief of the Rutherford. “By declaring Andrea Hernandez’s objections to be a secular choice and not grounded in her religious beliefs, the district court is placing itself as an arbiter of what is and is not religious.

“This is simply not permissible under our constitutional scheme, and we plan to appeal this immediately,” the said.

The student, 15, “has been penalized, discriminated against, and retaliated against by school officials for objecting to being forced to participate in the RFID program,” the legal team explained.

“For Hernandez, a Christian, the badges pose a significant religious freedom concern in addition to the obvious privacy issues. Andrea’s religious objection derives from biblical teachings that equate accepting a personalized code – as a sign of submission to government authority and as a means of obtaining certain privileges from a secular ruling authority – with a form of idolatry or submission to a false god,” her attorneys argued.

The magnet school’s plan has some 4,200 students at John Jay High School and Jones Middle School wearing mandatory “SmartID” card badges embedded with an RFID tracking chip which allow school officials to track students at all times on campus.

Both Andrea and her father, Steven Hernandez, testified they believed the electronic system was a sign of the Antichrist described in the New Testament book of Revelation.

“No matter how many ways school officials attempt to justify this program, the key here, as NISD officials have themselves acknowledged, is the fact that this program is about one thing only – making money for the schools at the expense of students’ constitutional rights and potentially their safety,” Rutherford attorneys explained.

School officials contend that a continuous monitoring and tracking of students will reduce absences, and they will be able to collect an additional $1.7 million in funding from the state by the time the monitoring program is installed in the district’s 112 schools.

The judge’s decision rejected a request for a preliminary injunction to be in force while the case is litigated.

The judge noted that the chip “is not noticeable,” and he claimed the badges “do not work off campus.”

One of the additional rules is that students “are discouraged from leaving, forgetting or exchanging their badges,” the judge said.

paulbot24
01-11-2013, 04:43 AM
I heard the farmers talking about this being next:
http://mn.gov/bah/traceability/images/cow-ear-diagram.jpg
You wouldn't believe what I heard they have in store for us after that!:eek:

mrsat_98
01-11-2013, 05:00 AM
http://www.gematrix.org/?word=rfid+body+tag

ShaneEnochs
01-11-2013, 07:03 AM
Just had to get a license with an RFID chip in it =\ No Bueno.

wgadget
01-11-2013, 07:36 AM

It's all very quiet. But Justin Amash is on it.

I am outraged.

http://www.examiner.com/article/america-a-gold-star-on-your-driver-s-license-is-not-an-upgrade

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/37/3721.asp

asurfaholic
01-11-2013, 07:54 AM

Ive heard that a very strong magnet is capable of incapacitating rfid chips. Worth a shot..

wgadget
01-11-2013, 08:03 AM
It appears that the REAL ID Act was passed back in 2005....under GWBush. Figures.

More proof there is no difference between the two parties. And the reason talk radio hosts don't discuss tge issue, no doubt. By now the technology is BIG BU$INE$$. The new police cars can read these from 30 feet.

wgadget
01-11-2013, 08:05 AM
Ive heard that a very strong magnet is capable of incapacitating rfid chips. Worth a shot..

What's the penalty for incapacitating them I wonder. Eek.

Voluntary Man
01-11-2013, 08:09 AM
If the state doesn't make it difficult for resisters, it probably isn't the mark. Can't expect Uncle Satan to just roll over, on this one. Hang tough.

jmdrake
01-11-2013, 08:10 AM
It appears that the REAL ID Act was passed back in 2005....under GWBush. Figures.

More proof there is no difference between the two parties. And the reason talk radio hosts don't discuss tge issue, no doubt. By now the technology is BIG BU$INE$$. The new police cars can read these from 30 feet.

Yeah. I was quite aware of that. Of course I was initially a dem so I've always been wary of people like GW. It's sad that conservatives seem only to focus on this stuff when a dem is in power. Like the other day I was listening to the conservative talk show host quoting Russia Today about an NSA whistleblower talking about how we're being constantly spied on. And he added "And you know this was even happening under Bush"? Nah. Ya don't say. :rolleyes:

wgadget
01-11-2013, 08:38 AM
Yeah. I was quite aware of that. Of course I was initially a dem so I've always been wary of people like GW. It's sad that conservatives seem only to focus on this stuff when a dem is in power. Like the other day I was listening to the conservative talk show host quoting Russia Today about an NSA whistleblower talking about how we're being constantly spied on. And he added "And you know this was even happening under Bush"? Nah. Ya don't say. :rolleyes:

The sign at the DMV said something like "In order to comply with upcoming Federal laws so you can enter Federal buildings or board commercial aircraft..."

Of course people who don't even drive will need one of these, right. Voter ID, anyone? Gotta have a chip in it or it won't work.... I fear for my grandchildren. The OP is interesting in that it applies to MINORS.

Does anyone know if this is a global phenomenon, or is it just for the "freest nation on God's green earth"?

osan
01-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Method of resistance: book a flight to somewhere. It should be a trip you can take or leave. Make sure tickets are refundable. Go to security. When they turn you away, go right to the ticket counter and get your refund. If tens of thousands of these occurred every week, the airlines would have a cow.

If they will not allow you into federal buildings, what do you do when you show up as per subpoena and they don't let you in?

These people are dumber than navel lint.

Pericles
01-11-2013, 12:57 PM
These people are dumber than navel lint.

That is the main advantage we have. Make them spend cycles resolving the conflicts all of their crap cause.

CaptainAmerica
01-11-2013, 01:10 PM
aka JUDGE rules against freedom and religious practice

pcosmar
01-11-2013, 01:19 PM

Got a welder?
I do ;)

LibertyRevolution
01-11-2013, 05:35 PM
They make RFID blocking wallets.

Here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?keywords=rfid+blocking+wallet&url=search-alias%3Dapparel

ClydeCoulter
01-11-2013, 06:04 PM
They make RFID blocking wallets.

Here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?keywords=rfid+blocking+wallet&url=search-alias%3Dapparel

Will they go the way of radar detectors?