PDA

View Full Version : Obama met with astroturf(?) "gun rights" organization today.

tangent4ronpaul
01-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Hannity had 2 people on that were in the Meetings today. The first was representing:

Independent Firearm Owners Association
http://www.independentfirearmowners.org/

This group is new and seems to be pushing compromise and "reasonable" gun control. They might be on our side, but they remind me of of the American Hunters and Shooters Association which was definitely a astroturf group created for Obama's campaign.

The other guest was from FireArms Import/Export Roundtable Trade Group, which I've never heard of either, but seems on the level. The gal from that group mentioned that when she brought up legitimate questions and issues, Obama displayed his arrogance by dismissing the points.

http://www.fairtradegroup.org/mainpage.htm

In the meeting with Obama, preventing school shootings was not on the agenda. It was all about gun control that only effects law abiding citizens.

Anyone heard anything else about the meetings today? There were supposed to be 3 and I think this was from the second one. I also noticed GOA and JPFO were not on the invite list.

-t

Occam's Banana
01-10-2013, 08:55 PM
In the meeting with Obama, preventing school shootings was not on the agenda. It was all about gun control that only effects law abiding citizens.

Of course it wasn't. Our Dear Leaders don't give a damn about random murderous kooks with guns (or their victims) - except insofar as they provide an excuse to go after the biggest threat on the State's least secured flank (as-yet-peaceful gunowners).

Anyone heard anything else about the meetings today? There were supposed to be 3 and I think this was from the second one. I also noticed GOA and JPFO were not on the invite list.

I heard the NRA is supposed to be involved in some way with "talks" - but I haven't heard anything other than that.

itshappening
01-10-2013, 09:32 PM
Why am I not surprised a real organization like GAO wasn't invited? :rolleyes: