PDA

View Full Version : Look out NC - More residents are leaving New Jersey than any other state in U.S.

Anti Federalist
01-10-2013, 07:53 PM
More residents are leaving New Jersey than any other state in U.S.

By Victoria St. Martin - The Star-Ledger

January 09, 2013 at 11:29 AM, updated January 09, 2013 at 11:55 AM

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2013/01/more_residents_are_leaving_new.html

A study shows that more people moved out of the Garden State in 2012 than any other state, according to a Philadelphia Inquirer report.

The Inquirer said a United Van Lines migration study shows 62 percent of interstate moves involving New Jerseyans last year were people leaving the state. And at least 3,925 people moved with the van line last year because of Hurricane Sandy, the report said.

According to The Inquirer, the study showed that people are moving out of the Northeast and to the Southeast and Northwest. The report said most of the moves were because of jobs, housing taxes and weather.

Keith and stuff
01-10-2013, 07:57 PM
Excellent. Let the Northeast continue to empty out. I'm glad that people are leaving RI and ME and MA don't look so good. Please, GTFO. And if you do stay, please try to come to NH every month to shop and spend your money, then GTFO.

Origanalist
01-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Great, just what we need. Another invasion of liberals.

tod evans
01-10-2013, 08:00 PM
If I woke up in NJ I'd leave right away...

sluggo
01-10-2013, 08:03 PM
Yes, they are coming here.

They get ecstatic when they find out Newports are only $45 per carton.

AGRP
01-10-2013, 08:05 PM
If this was my governor id leave right away...

http://markamerica65.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/chris_christie.jpg

Keith and stuff
01-10-2013, 08:09 PM

Cuz he wears his pants high?

Anti Federalist
01-10-2013, 08:09 PM

You know, I was born and raised in NJ, and there are spots where I've hunted, fished, 4wd sand trails through the Pine Barrens, camped on the upper Deleware river, so many places that were neat, fun and, believe it or not, relatively isolated, all things considered. I had a home on Barnegat Bay, that I used to be able to get to prime duck hunting areas in a matter of minutes. (That home was probably under 8-10 feet of water a few months ago. \0_o/ )

It's a damn shame it's become what it is.

I imagine long time California natives feel the same way.

Origanalist
01-10-2013, 08:10 PM

Sadly, I would trade.

VoluntaryAmerican
01-10-2013, 08:11 PM
49th highest unemployment rate... in the country.

I'm leaving as soon as I graduate college.

Dianne
01-10-2013, 08:35 PM
The title threw me off, as I live in one of the most corrupt states in the "UNION?" North Carolina.

The banks own North Carolina and all its' politicians, Judges, public servants... Don't even consider moving to North Carolina, unless you love being Mafia owned. Disgusting state, terrible government, corruption, Mafia owned..

North Carolina pension programs for state employees are divested into two things: Prisons/Foreclosures. So this state takes homes from anyone, anywhere, any time.. no proof, no evidence . Bank says they want it, Judges give it to them. Peeps are thrown into prisons here... state says they want it .... judges give it to them.

Look somewhere else, as I am doing so right now. North Carolina is a complete cesspool of Mafia government...

mad cow
01-10-2013, 08:41 PM

Pinstripes are slimming.

Anti Federalist
01-10-2013, 08:48 PM
It's my understanding that the waves of NJ-ites that had been flooding Florida are now taking aim on North Carolina.

Or, finding it too hot and flat in Florida, are moving halfway back, thus earning them the pejorative term "Half-Backs".

The title threw me off, as I live in one of the most corrupt states in the "UNION?" North Carolina.

The banks own North Carolina and all its' politicians, Judges, public servants... Don't even consider moving to North Carolina, unless you love being Mafia owned. Disgusting state, terrible government, corruption, Mafia owned..

North Carolina pension programs for state employees are divested into two things: Prisons/Foreclosures. So this state takes homes from anyone, anywhere, any time.. no proof, no evidence . Bank says they want it, Judges give it to them. Peeps are thrown into prisons here... state says they want it .... judges give it to them.

Look somewhere else, as I am doing so right now. North Carolina is a complete cesspool of Mafia government...

Captain Shays
01-10-2013, 09:10 PM
You know, I was born and raised in NJ, and there are spots where I've hunted, fished, 4wd sand trails through the Pine Barrens, camped on the upper Deleware river, so many places that were neat, fun and, believe it or not, relatively isolated, all things considered. I had a home on Barnegat Bay, that I used to be able to get to prime duck hunting areas in a matter of minutes. (That home was probably under 8-10 feet of water a few months ago. \0_o/ )

It's a damn shame it's become what it is.

I imagine long time California natives feel the same way.

The pines are my stomping grounds. I often take short trips to Lebanon Forest. Atsion Lake, Goshen Pond. I know those woods like the back of my hand.
New Jersey has a lot of really kewl people.I mean, some of the coolest people in the world live here. No doubt most of us think about getting out but there is so much here it spoils you. I can drive five minutes and get just about everything I need at any time of the day or night. Forget something at the super market? No big deal. I can find one open within half an hour 24 x 7. We can't pump our own gas. We were one of the first couple of states that banned smoking in bars. One of the first to force seatbelts. Our towns arrest little girls for selling lemonade. Our taxes are the highest in the country as well as our insurance rates. We rank #49 on the freedom scale. Only New York is less free than New Jersey. Most people from here answer yes to the question "would you move out of state if you hit the lottery"?

Nirvikalpa
01-10-2013, 09:44 PM
New Jersey is growing on me honestly, aside from politics (big surprise there). But the culture, diversity (of course, living by NYC helps), foods... nothing can compare, and for that I appreciate it. Glad I did some EMS time in an urban area and was exposed to the horrors of medicine in this Country.

I went to college in NEPA, in a town of 2,000 residents, and loved it just as much.

That said... my family also has a house in NC (Outer Banks). :D Maybe we are taking over... but... I will say this: the area of NC my house is has wayyyyy more government intervention than NJ, hands down. National Park Service is ruining the Outer Banks.

kahless
01-10-2013, 09:47 PM
Great, just what we need. Another invasion of liberals.

Maybe a large percentage are Conservatives trying to get away from the big government progressives.

I really hate the fact that if I move south everyone is going to think I am a big government lib just because I am from NY. Practically everyone I know is Conservative and they all sound like people in this forum. The conversation usually ends up discussing where to move to and that of not being welcomed because of the stereotype that we are big government liberals here.

BAllen
01-10-2013, 09:48 PM

Yeah, you don't want to come here. Nothing but good ole boys with shotguns and dogs. If that's enough, check out the dog bite laws:
http://dogbitelaw.com/one-bite-state/north-carolina-dog-bite-law.html

The dog laws were better here under English rule:
"North Carolina has a dog bite statute that is actually worse for dog bite victims than anything dreamed up by English judges in the 17th and 18th centuries."

Origanalist
01-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Maybe a large percentage are Conservatives trying to get away from the big government progressives.

I really hate the fact that if I move south everyone is going to think I am a big government lib just because I am from NY. Practically everyone I know is Conservative and they all sound like people in this forum. The conversation usually ends up discussing where to move to and that of not being welcomed because of the stereotype that we are big government liberals here.

Sorry 'bout that...:o, I was just thinking about the migration we got from California and places east because they had made it too expensive to live in their own States.

This is a different time.....

Keith and stuff
01-10-2013, 10:00 PM

Consider moving east to New Hampshire. Here is a new thread about 2 liberty loving New Yorkers planning to move to New Hampshire.

http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=26306.0

You are welcome to join them and move from NY to NH :)

As for this thread. I thought this post was the funniest. Why, because it also describes NJ. In fact, NJ might be more known for mafia than another other state (though NY, RI and IL are also known for mafia power).

green73
01-10-2013, 10:08 PM
http://legacy-cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/012011/snooki-laugh.gif
http://legacy-cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/012011/pauly-d-lazer.gif

Keith and stuff
01-10-2013, 10:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzp2srWxY4Y

Super low quality South Park video. Don't click on it. Seriously, it is so low quality, only people from NJ will find it funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCcc4lX6kkA

seraphson
01-10-2013, 10:31 PM

I mean, the shitheads are so fucking stupid the local dictators had to make most of the roads right turn only.

Anti Federalist
01-10-2013, 11:16 PM
////

Nirvikalpa
01-10-2013, 11:21 PM
Meh, anyone's stuck with the impression NJ is all "Jersey Shore," has 1) never been to Jersey 2) would probably get their ass kicked by a true NJ italian (or at least, they'd never find your body) and 3) jealous we have the best Diners in the nation :p

green73
01-10-2013, 11:33 PM
Meh, anyone's stuck with the impression NJ is all "Jersey Shore," has 1) never been to Jersey 2) would probably get their ass kicked by a true NJ italian (or at least, they'd never find your body) and 3) jealous we have the best Diners in the nation :p

http://clutch.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/fust-pump.gif

cbrons
01-10-2013, 11:48 PM
I hate the deep blue states. I hate Illinois so much, and I don't think corruption in Illinois can be beat anywhere. We had 3 scum lowlife rats re-elected to the State assembly who are under criminal investigation. Of course all in black neighborhoods. (But shhh you arent supposed to know that).

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-11-2013, 03:11 AM
people are moving out of nj because the whole coast just got wiped...

GunnyFreedom
01-11-2013, 04:38 AM
It's my understanding that the waves of NJ-ites that had been flooding Florida are now taking aim on North Carolina.

Or, finding it too hot and flat in Florida, are moving halfway back, thus earning them the pejorative term "Half-Backs".

They have. And NC government is in a state of dramatic upheaval.

tod evans
01-11-2013, 07:34 AM
get their ass kicked by a true NJ italian (or at least, they'd never find your body)

Gumba alert....

asurfaholic
01-11-2013, 08:02 AM
Just what we need... More damn yankees.

No offense

vita3
01-11-2013, 08:16 AM
Viacom needs to have a finger pointed @ them for profiting from "Jersey Shore"

Company also owns BET,MTV & Comedy Central. Yeah they are free to put whatever crap they want on & make $$ from it. But I hate what they have done to NJ in promoting the worst in kids @ the boardwalk.

Keith and stuff
01-14-2013, 07:55 PM
Consider moving east to New Hampshire. Here is a new thread about 2 liberty loving New Yorkers planning to move to New Hampshire.

http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=26306.0

You are welcome to join them and move from NY to NH :)

As for this thread. I thought this post was the funniest. Why, because it also describes NJ. In fact, NJ might be more known for mafia than another other state (though NY, RI and IL are also known for mafia power).

Here is a new thread on the Free State Project Forum about 2 more New Yorkers considering moving to New Hampshire. http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=26353.0

Jingles
01-14-2013, 09:02 PM
I grew up in NEPA in the Poconos and have had to deal with damn Jerseyites moving in my entire life. The farmers sold there land to developers during the housing bubble. Then everyone from New York and New Jersey built houses there and moved in (raising our property and school taxes like crazy). Then the bust happened and they couldn't afford to live here, so there are all these houses up for sale that no one is buying, and now they are all moving back to NJ/NY because they can't afford the commute.

Basically, the housing bubble ruined my home area.