PDA

View Full Version : Attempting to derail Paul, Huckabee latest attempt

jamesmadison
11-21-2007, 06:17 PM
The media, in obvious fear of the inevitable conclusion that Ron paul may win the republican candidacy, is attempting to derail the candidacy through support for Huckabee through adulterated polls and various other means.

Now, the question is, why? And the answer is simple..

They cannot derail the Paul campaign because they have nothing against Ron Paul. Inside polling probably shows that he is much higher then what they are showing to the public and they need ammunition. They tried the stormfront card, that didn't work. Now tried his Alex Jones connection, that didn't work.

Ron Paul will raise the most money out of all the candidates this quarter. "Money speaks louder than words." Ever hear that? I wonder why we have raised the most money. Words can be faked, money, can too, but it's much more difficult.

How can they derail him?

Support Huckabee, talk him up as the underdog - people love an underdog. Have Huckabee emulate Ron Pauls politics, almost to the tee, except for evolution denial and the war on iraq which the religious zealots all eat up. Pump up huckabee to try to take the momentum from Ron Paul.

It won't work.

Ron Paul supporters support Ron Paul not because his name is Ron Paul, but because Ron Paul is liberty - the liberty that exists within all of us and which from this day on will never die. His support will only grow, they will not detract any Ron Paul supporters and he will continue to grow.

They fear this. Don't be discouraged. Don't pay attention to polls.

F*** Frank Luntz.

Ibgamer
11-21-2007, 06:19 PM
Ignore Huck, yes he might be doing well in Iowa, but he doesnt have the support nationally. I think his fundraising is a testament to this.

AlexMerced
11-21-2007, 06:22 PM
thye've beenr eally pushing huckabee since the may debates inda like they did with Thompson, in both cases they've in perspective floundered in capitalizing on media coverage. Unlike Ron Paul with almost no media coverage capitalizes on every metnion,

jamesmadison
11-21-2007, 06:22 PM
Ignore Huck, yes he might be doing well in Iowa, but he doesnt have the support nationally. I think his fundraising is a testament to this.

This is my point.

The amount of money a campaign raises correlates to intended support for that candidate. The more they raise, from individuals, the more likely individuals are going to vote in the primaries because they have invested in the outcome.

VoteRonPaul2008
11-21-2007, 06:26 PM
You know what we need to do.. you know how we've been accused of spamming "paul info" all over the internet.. spread the truth about Huckabee's shady background, he's pardoned rapists, been in some interesting scandals in Arkansas, and lets not forget his record of tax hikes and how he is for full amnesty. I don't believe in trashing candidates, but this is all fact, and people need to see the truth in who their voting for

Zydeco
11-21-2007, 06:26 PM
Good post. I suspect RP is polling higher than they're telling us. Most people don't realize that they take dozens of polls with many permutations of metrics (sample size, criteria for sample, etc.) and only release one poll, as if it's the one true reading of public sentiment. Which poll do they release? Whichever suits their clients' needs, of course.

Ozwest
11-21-2007, 06:27 PM
This is our ace in the hole. If we can get into double figures in the polls, anything is possible in these primaries.

dircha
11-21-2007, 06:30 PM
Huckabee is receiving more coverage than Paul because Huckabee IS IN A DEAD HEAT TO WIN IOWA. Not to mention he out-polls us nationally and trails us in New Hampshire by less than the margin of error.

All of this, DESPITE having raised something like a tenth of the money we have.

If you don't think that is newsworthy, you are just plain biased.

Let's stop blaming the media for all of our shortcomings.

jamesmadison
11-21-2007, 06:32 PM
Huckabee is receiving more coverage than Paul because Huckabee IS IN A DEAD HEAT TO WIN IOWA. Not to mention he out-polls us nationally and trails us in New Hampshire by less than the margin of error.

Polls Are Fake.

runderwo
11-21-2007, 06:33 PM
They cannot derail the Paul campaign because they have nothing against Ron Paul. Inside polling probably shows that he is much higher then what they are showing to the public and they need ammunition. They tried the stormfront card, that didn't work. Now tried his Alex Jones connection, that didn't work.

They even tried the credit card fraud and liberty dollar "counterfeiting" and that didn't work either.

Grandson of Liberty
11-21-2007, 06:35 PM

You are right, it IS indeed newsworthy. . .but perhaps he's in a dead heat to win Iowa because he's receiving more coverage than Ron Paul. The whole self-fulfilling prophecy thing again.

freelance
11-21-2007, 06:44 PM
The media, in obvious fear of the inevitable conclusion that Ron paul may win the republican candidacy, is attempting to derail the candidacy through support for Huckabee through adulterated polls and various other means.

Ron Paul will raise the most money out of all the candidates this quarter. "Money speaks louder than words." Ever hear that? I wonder why we have raised the most money. Words can be faked, money, can too, but it's much more difficult.

How can they derail him?

Support Huckabee, talk him up as the underdog - people love an underdog. Have Huckabee emulate Ron Pauls politics, almost to the tee, except for evolution denial and the war on iraq which the religious zealots all eat up. Pump up huckabee to try to take the momentum from Ron Paul.

It won't work.

Ron Paul supporters support Ron Paul not because his name is Ron Paul, but because Ron Paul is liberty - the liberty that exists within all of us and which from this day on will never die. His support will only grow, they will not detract any Ron Paul supporters and he will continue to grow.

F*** Frank Luntz.

I hope you are right, and there is a part of me that believes that you are right.

How does a candidate with such little "support" raise all of this money? In the past, money has correlated to support. Conversely, how can one who "threatens Romney for the win in Iowa" not raise any appreciable money? None of this adds up the way it should.

Thanks for the post.

liam
11-21-2007, 06:49 PM
Snap! I made the same observation today to Ron Paul rider earlier (my first time on the forum) namely that today I perceive a subtle change in your media. I think they are losing faith in Guilliani and Romney perhaps and have decided to raise huckerbee's profile in the hope the GOP base will go for him, I don't understand your contribution system as it seems private individuals can donate 2300 dollars but corporates companies can donate millions, anyway 98% of huckerbee's donations have been from individuals I think they are going to pump up his exposure whilst they pump money into his campaign.

Tina
11-21-2007, 06:51 PM

?? How odd. You said "All of this, DESPITE having raised something like a tenth of the money we have." and then you said "If you don't think that is newsworthy, you are just plain biased."

That's very convoluted thinking and a very odd outlook. agenda?

Geronimo
11-21-2007, 06:57 PM
h ttp://www.taxhikemike.org

loupeznik
11-21-2007, 07:01 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1107/7000.html

Here is some dirt on the Huckster.

acstichter
11-21-2007, 07:30 PM
I was told by someone in the AZ Republican Party that they think Ron Paul could win Arizona. And I don't know this person to be a Ron Paul supporter themselves. I think the party is impressed with his grassroots support and understand the failure of some of the front runners (McCain).

I think that if the turnout is low, which I expect, Ron Paul could win all across the country.

But we need delegates of course, which we're working on. :cool:

RevolutionSD
11-21-2007, 07:52 PM
Yep. Fred Thompson was a flop, so they went back to trying to resurrect McCain. That clearly hasn't worked, and Rudy is falling in every poll, so they are pumping Huckabee (CFR) now. Something tells me the elites will take Romney but they would prefer Rudy.

They keep trying to sack Paul but it won't work and we will be there at or near the top come 2008.

Adamsa
11-21-2007, 07:54 PM
McCain and Thompson are flops, Paul and Huckabee are getting bigger because of it.

Visual
11-21-2007, 08:09 PM

How can they derail him?

It won't work.

F*** Frank Luntz.

When you have EVERY media outlet blasting you for being a long shot and being a "kook" and "crazy" and calling supporters "terrorists" and yet poll numbers rise, I don't think a commercial will do much.

max
11-21-2007, 08:32 PM
www.taxhikemike.com

eddie83
11-21-2007, 08:32 PM
Just interesting how Huck's popularity shot up after the speach he gave at the CFR. Funding really has not escalated at the same level, but MSM coverage has.

icon57
11-21-2007, 08:42 PM
Speech at the CFR? Huck is probably a globalist sellout then. Paul should give a speech to the CFR and have 'em running scared.

eddie83
11-21-2007, 08:49 PM
Could be, for what is't worth

http://www.cfr.org/bios/13301/mike_huckabee.html

rpfreedom08
11-21-2007, 08:55 PM
Why would people rather listen to a guy spouting anti irs but have the background to completely dispute his claim but when a man is truely for all of this they don't vote for him. Do they just like the idea but are afraid of real change? I hope something comes up soon to knock the huckster down a peg or two.

jamesmadison
11-22-2007, 12:35 AM
Speech at the CFR? Huck is probably a globalist sellout then. Paul should give a speech to the CFR and have 'em running scared.

Huck is a liar, and a dumb one.

Liberty
11-22-2007, 12:52 AM
Huckabee's numbers improved dramatically after incessant coverage by MSM. And at the state level, a friend in Iowa said an afternoon radio talk show host on WHO has been pushing Huckabee.

purepaloma
11-22-2007, 01:38 AM
Huck is GOOD for us.

It simply splits the Pro-War vote further !