PDA

View Full Version : Non-Senator Rick Santorum Will Try to Stop Chuck Hagel

stu2002
01-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Former presidential candidate and former Senator Rick Santorum is launching an all-out drive to deny his former colleague Chuck Hagel a new job as Secretary of Defense, despite not having any actual power to do so. Santorum, who has not been a sitting member of Congress for six years now, is opposed to the Hagel nomination and will lead a lobbying effort to try and get his appointment rejected. Patriot Voices, a registered lobbying group that has supported Santorum in the past, will be running online ads promoting the idea of voting against Hagel.

http://news.yahoo.com/non-senator-rick-santorum-try-stop-chuck-hagel-183419376.html

qh4dotcom
01-10-2013, 02:20 PM
Unfortunately if you google Santorum....the Frothy definition now appears on the 2nd page of the search results

Aratus
01-10-2013, 02:23 PM
is a very powerful someone or somebody PAYING him to lobby like this in a pure and rarified "dog in the manger" angst?

twomp
01-10-2013, 02:36 PM
is a very powerful someone or somebody PAYING him to lobby like this in a pure and rarified "dog in the manger" angst?

I doubt any of these guys do anything now without being paid for it. It's not like they have REAL jobs.

Aratus
01-10-2013, 02:50 PM
BINGO! i am then judiciously allowed to opine that he's being a royal pain in BHO's almost french derriere just to have something to
do before he unofficially/officially runs again and spends between ten and eleven months inside the state boundaries of iowa proper.

sailingaway
01-10-2013, 02:51 PM

He needs some sort of resume if he is going to run again in 2016. Voted out in a landslide then losing a primary four years ago is not the best claim to legitimacy.

twomp
01-10-2013, 04:00 PM
He needs some sort of resume if he is going to run again in 2016. Voted out in a landslide then losing a primary four years ago is not the best claim to legitimacy.

Oh Gawd, I hope he spares us another run. I would rather vote Herman Cain then Santorum. Besides, who could look at this smile and say no:

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad346/jakesteel1/Ron%20Paul/5bd33d76.gif

unknown
01-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Santorum is a spawn of satan.

kathy88
01-10-2013, 05:12 PM
Unfortunately if you google Santorum....the Frothy definition now appears on the 2nd page of the search results

We have work to do, then.

Confederate
01-10-2013, 05:12 PM
Oh Gawd, I hope he spares us another run. I would rather vote Herman Cain then Santorum. Besides, who could look at this smile and say no:

Apparently every woman he's worked with.

Origanalist
01-10-2013, 05:24 PM
We have work to do, then.

:D

Origanalist
01-10-2013, 05:25 PM

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad346/jakesteel1/Ron%20Paul/5bd33d76.gif

I would be halfway down the block before the word came out of my mouth. There is very bad intentions on that face......

COpatriot
01-10-2013, 07:08 PM
Santorum was the scariest, most dangerous presidential candidate I've seen in my entire life. If he had won the GOP nomination I would have voted for Obama. He's that bad.

Aratus
01-11-2013, 03:23 PM
as someone who once voted for teddy kennedy, i would have been sore torn between voting for obama and the third party candidates. i do like
voting for someone other than the two major party nominees now even though i know massachusetts often goes Democrat at the drop of a hat.

Aratus
01-11-2013, 03:26 PM
even handing a position like secretary of agriculture to ex-senator rick santorum has its drawbacks because there is a well established succession
concerning cabinet people if the potus and veep are incompacitated for any reason. nukes and rick santorum is a bad sci-fi flic begging to happen.

anaconda
01-11-2013, 03:39 PM
Does anyone else think that these confirmations are just more left-right theater? I mean, for God's sake, Hagel is CFR, Bilderberg, and Deutsche Bank.

Aratus
01-11-2013, 03:57 PM
true... he has his flaws however

Petar's definition of water hippie

might be the person BHO opts for

after Hagel looses out to rick S's

neo-cons and backers. he is not

a total "water hippie" and he may

be asked to be very nice to good

ole sec' of state john kerry a.s.a.p!